13 replies to this topic

#1 Draakdorei (Elgore)

Draakdorei (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

Here's about what I worked out for a melee warlock build, looking to get some opinions on it. It would be primarily PvE oriented (world bosses) and potentially castle raids. Not trying to build around the open PvP zones as gear changes too much going from 22-60 and as people learn better moves, former strategies aren't as useful anymore.

http://royalcalc.org...FHH.B:1V.1.1Q.s

#2 EvilivE (Elgore)

EvilivE (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:59 PM

Why just 95pt in intelligence? Why not max out base at 100?

#3 Draakdorei (Elgore)

Draakdorei (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:33 PM

The calculator doesn't account for gear and I wanted at least 25% crit chance to take advantage of Fatalism and Forbidden Magic since they are crit-reliant. I also wouldn't be relying on AoEs, which have 0% chance to crit, so I would need the extra crit chance.

If I can get 25-30% crit through gear, those points will go towards Int (to max it out) and Endurance. Any leftovers from those two would go into Agility for the faster casting.

#4 EvilivE (Elgore)

EvilivE (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

I personally wouldnt bother with agility. The boost is extremly minimal.

#5 Draakdorei (Elgore)

Draakdorei (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:35 PM

Hmm...will put it into more crit chance then. Depends on my spells build by that point and how much faster the casting might be if I have points to put into it. Will see where I am on gear before discounting agility.

#6 EvilivE (Elgore)

EvilivE (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

There is blood ritual and obsession that increase attack. Most of the locks spells (according to the wiki) are instant. The Trance talent resets CD on all spells. I would have to agree on the gear aspect, as we do not know what gear will have what stats at higher lvls.

#7 Draakdorei (Elgore)

Draakdorei (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

Yea, wasn't thinking of going that deep into Madness but I may need to, after looking at some of the skills I really want, as their cooldowns are kinda long (in PvP time).

Fireball, Rain of Fire and Firewall are my current go-to spells for ranged attacks with Arrow of Chaos a very close second due to the Chaos damage type.

Thanks for the debate back and forth with me, EvilivE

#8 EvilivE (Elgore)

EvilivE (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:55 PM

Np. I notice as warlocks we do not have a casting problem, we have a CD problem to overcome.

#9 Akroz (Elgore)

Akroz (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationYoutube

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:59 AM

i like more this

http://royalcalc.org...4FIr.:1a.1.1a.d

EDIT: change the point of blood magic and put it to archivist

#10 Draakdorei (Elgore)

Draakdorei (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:58 PM

I rebuilt my character to focus on bracelet/orb with swapping to scythe as needed.

http://royalcalc.org....2je.:1a.1.1L.s

I find that I'm using Arrow of Chaos far more than other skills, with Mental Blow and Fireball/Ice Arrow as backups depending on mob element. I still went for heavy tanking for the times I have to wade into battle (40% defense and 10-15% elemental resistances)

#11 Gurtheg (Elgore)

Gurtheg (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:16 PM

I personally wouldnt bother with agility. The boost is extremly minimal.

I don't agree. Perhaps in PvE the boost isnt really noticeable but in PvP I think it makes a huge difference, if you reduce one second in your cast times it may be the difference between a sucessfull hex/insanity or you just getting controlled and killed

Edit: Missread the OP. It's a fully pve oriented build. Hehe :>

#12 Draakdorei (Elgore)

Draakdorei (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

I don't agree. Perhaps in PvE the boost isnt really noticeable but in PvP I think it makes a huge difference, if you reduce one second in your cast times it may be the difference between a sucessfull hex/insanity or you just getting controlled and killed

Edit: Missread the OP. It's a fully pve oriented build. Hehe :>

When I first started, it was for PVE but I'm working towards PvP now so I can help in castle wars. Hence the Arrow of Chaos usage and reconfiguration towards better DoTs/Mental Blow (for the instant cast).

#13 Yossarian (Elgore)

Yossarian (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:09 AM

How are you so far on this build? Did you do 3:1:1 for the stats the whole way?

#14 Gurtheg (Elgore)

Gurtheg (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:18 PM

I am rolling so far with 80 INT 1 DEX 80 STA 1 LUK and for those of you saying we don't have a casting problem I'm starting to disagree greatly. Even with tons of hp I still get gibbed so fast I can barely cast shit. Switched my talents to get the insta-fear and it's starting to turn things around. I'm having a hard time against snipers but perhaps next bracked everything will change again, 20-30 I felt like the king, 30-40 I'm having a hard time and am having more sucess being kind of a support with fears, insanity and hex, not getting that many kills

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users