7 replies to this topic

#1 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:01 AM

Upon reaching 60, improving my gear, getting my steel justice with anubis cards i've come to a sad realization. The best option to playing a dk, is to play a different class haha. DK right now has more negatives than positives. With this said, the best thing you can do if you're dead set on playing a warrior is to play a crusader and do Flix's build that he recently posted under the crusader section, this will give you more damage than a DK and provide you with more survivablity also. 

If you wanna deal full damage, play an assassin, if you wanna be ranged, play a hunter and get wolf form, it's fun. If you wanna be a tank, just play crusader and stack def and % def seals and cards. 

Best advice about Dk i can give after trying out over 30 different talent combinations, spending hundreds of hours theory crafting, playing all the way to 60, and getting all my end game items, don't play DK. Once Dk reaches all orange and +9,10,11 improvement level they become ok, any other class in the game becomes super strong after reaching this point in the game. 

Plus by playing a different class you can reach basic +7 on your gear with blue seals which isn't super expensive and still feel like your character is pretty solid, if you stop at this point on DK you feel pretty terrible. 

Until RQ either makes DK deal more damage, or reduce our damage, but match crusaders tankiness DK will always feel a little discouraging. 

And some math to prove that this isn't just a rant. 

Emotional Control(+30% increased dmg on skills when fury is full)-lasts indefinatley. heretics brand increases damage the target takes by 25% for 12 seconds. These are advantages the crusader have.

Dks get ice strike-for a whopping 4 seconds that only reduces defense by 50%. To do some math on this if you use ice strike on a target that has 18k defense and reduce them down to 9k defense their % dmg reduction drops from about 65% down to 50% this means you only increase damage by 15% for 4 seconds. 

Crusaders +25% dmg for 12 seconds(20 second cooldown) and +30% damage on skills upon reaching max fury :/.  Dks +15% damage for 4 seconds(30 second cooldown). Dks need some love, until this changes, my new guide for dks is to not play them. This isn't a whiny rant, this is math. 

Also, for particular class suggestions. 

Assassin-super high burst damage, tons of good cc, a little bit more squishy than other classes, but is true to it's purpose, and if you wanna be 1 shotting snipers end game this is the class for you.

Crusaders-Super tanky potential, the best end game pve tank if it's built this way. But, you can also build a beserker high damage, high heal glass cannon build that's a lot of fun.

Hunter-If you want a little bit of everything choose this class and get wolf form. You have range, close ranged skills, lots of heals, a pet to fight with you, plus lots of stuns, you really get a little bit of everything with class, but expect more sustains dps than bursty combos.

Sorcerer-This class has a lot of good solo pve potential, and is the best end game healer class

Beyond this you can try to make warlock work, but i will say that i'm yet to encounter a warlock that is scary in pvp. Snipers are super squishy, but if you only wanna play pve then go for it. Dark Knights are terrible right now, and so are thieves. Dark knights for the reason listed above, Thieves because they've been nerfed over and over and even with +11 gears they're less scary or impactful than an assassin with +8 gears. 

Edited by I'mKirito (Elgore), 20 January 2016 - 08:13 PM.

• KiraQuest (Elgore), Bazooka (Elgore), keiz19 and 4 others like this

#2 Jackybs (Elgore)

Jackybs (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:07 AM

nice guide! 

• I'mKirito (Elgore) likes this

#3 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:13 AM

Thanks man glad you liked it! :D

#4 Elgnis (Elgore)

Elgnis (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:03 PM

Hi, this guide is nice!

About the equipment, what are your suggestions?

• I'mKirito (Elgore) likes this

#5 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:49 AM

Elgnis, for dk, i would suggest investing in your 24/28 armor the gear with the %def stat and using that armor till 40. Then I would suggest upgrading your gear and using the lvl 40 gear until lvl 50. At lvl 50 it gets a little different, i've heard a bunch of different methods and this really just depends on your personality, you can either invest in everything that's really close to lvl 50(48-52) and just ride that out until you get dead legion gear at 60 or, you can keep picking up a few pieces of gear as you lvl up. It really just depends on what you prefer:). I know for me personally...I really don't like to invest in anything i wont use forever...haha. This made lvling up for me a little bit more....challenging lol, but it does save money:D 

#6 Elgnis (Elgore)

Elgnis (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:57 AM

Elgnis, for dk, i would suggest investing in your 24/28 armor the gear with the %def stat and using that armor till 40. Then I would suggest upgrading your gear and using the lvl 40 gear until lvl 50. At lvl 50 it gets a little different, i've heard a bunch of different methods and this really just depends on your personality, you can either invest in everything that's really close to lvl 50(48-52) and just ride that out until you get dead legion gear at 60 or, you can keep picking up a few pieces of gear as you lvl up. It really just depends on what you prefer:). I know for me personally...I really don't like to invest in anything i wont use forever...haha. This made lvling up for me a little bit more....challenging lol, but it does save money:D 

Ah, i see, so i don't need to change it until i needed to. that's nice.
And as for weapons, just grab anything that have high damage until endgame right? it seems so to me. xD

Edited by Elgnis (Elgore), 25 August 2015 - 01:57 AM.

#7 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:20 AM

You got it!!! If you wanna use sword and shield then maybe improve your 1 handed weapon a few times as you go until you get your next 1 handed weapon, but unless you find a sword you absolutely love i wouldn't ever say go above +6:) But, if you're open to any weapon, just keep swapping your weapons out as you go smile.png improve/seal them as you need. Once you get to 50s find a weapon you love, improve it, seal it, maybe find one with card slots and put some cards into it:) golden card of the warrior is always a good choice and maybe a poison card:) also, when you find the weapon you wanna use through the 50s its fine to improve past +6:D 

Edited by I'mKirito (Elgore), 11 September 2015 - 07:59 PM.

#8 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:53 AM

Hope that helps!:D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Knight, guide, stats, warrior, royal quest, builds, build, class, talent, dk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users