19 replies to this topic

#1 Nomaso (Elgore)

Nomaso (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:38 PM

The same way we are able to reset our stats and talents, we should be able to reset our class, whilst maintaining our level or being put to level 19 with 99% exp per level, until we reach the level we was originally prior to resetting. Obviously you would only be able to reset to your sub-classes, not an archer suddenly becoming a Dark Knight.

Its very annoying remaking when you want to try out a different subclass.

• I'mKirito (Elgore) likes this

#2 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:57 PM

I think it's a cool idea, but if i had the opportunity to reset, i'd really only do it if i didn't have to re-level all the back up from 19 haha:). I don't know what level you are, but the 30s take longer than the 20s and the 40s longer than the 30s to level up. :) 

• user_1499350 likes this

#3 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:58 PM

I don't see a problem here. None at all.

If you want to try a different profession - just start anew. 10 slots per account give an opportunity to have all professions and there will remain 2 spare slots.

All is in your hands.

Homo homini orcus est...

#4 Nomaso (Elgore)

Nomaso (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:39 PM

I did just that now from level 42. As I type this I'm now a level 5 warrior doing those ''fun'' starting quests.The problem is investing time and money on gear that becomes personal after sealing. I don't see why the personal stuff can't be transferable per account at the least. It would make it a lot more convenient for players. I went from having 23k Defense at level 42 to having 92 defense. 

The creators need to involve the community a lot more when it comes to implementing new features. The great thing about opinions is that I have mine and you have yours. Just my thoughts on the matter.cool.png

#5 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:54 PM

Of course you are free to express your opinions. Just don't get mad when other ppl don't like them.

And I personally think that demanding a way to reset your profession is childish (they shouldn't allow resetting neither stats nor talents in the 1st place but, alas - constant changes in the name of the Balance....). Yes, they do it in other of fancy projects; you know, the ones where it doesn't really take anything to progress - all you need to do is just 'watch the movie' while your char hits the cap almost instantly. But I don't like such projects. That is why I am still playing RQ and don't want it to drift towards those ones.

And a couple of more comments:

1. if you don't like the personalized equipment be bound to a single char - ask for this, not for something of entirely another sphere..

2. 92 def on a 1st lvl char may (don't know exactly  and can't check right now) give more dmg resistance than 23k on a 42 lvl one. You do know that damage resistance degradates with each lvl with the same amount of def, don't you?

3. No one really forces you to invest money. In any case, the biggest investments are supposed to happen when a char hits 60 lvl. So, if you invested enough to humiliate other players on lower levels and now are starting to realize that your current equipment grows weak with each new level, - it is entirely your own problem. :)

Homo homini orcus est...

#6 HotChocolate (Elgore)

HotChocolate (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:17 PM

Where is the fun if you can do anything easily, Just enjoy the adventure.

• Sh-ade (Elgore) likes this

#7 Maxlance (Elgore)

Maxlance (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:24 AM

I did just that now from level 42. As I type this I'm now a level 5 warrior doing those ''fun'' starting quests.The problem is investing time and money on gear that becomes personal after sealing. I don't see why the personal stuff can't be transferable per account at the least. It would make it a lot more convenient for players.

Not an unreasonable request for a gamer option, especially when the battle just to maintain a game's viable user base is so vicious and irreversible out there. I hate to see great games fall by the wayside because of their producers' unwillingness to monitor the pulse of their players beyond mere fix-it requests. My wish is that such "retired" or abandoned golden games are public-domain recycled and updated by third-party gaming clubs; happily there are signs such resurrections are in the works.

#8 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:31 AM

I hate to see great games fall by the wayside because of their producers' unwillingness to monitor the pulse of their players beyond mere fix-it requests.

1. Why would each and every player believe that the only people ignorant about what is happening with the game are its developers and administration? rolleyes.gif

2. Why would each and every player believe that he/she knows what should be done better than the people who had been running the project for over 3 years? wacko.png

I guess these mysteries will remain covered the same way as the location of Atlantis or Kennedy's murderer... unsure.png

Homo homini orcus est...

#9 Maxlance (Elgore)

Maxlance (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:42 PM

1. Why would each and every player believe that the only people ignorant about what is happening with the game are its developers and administration? rolleyes.gif

2. Why would each and every player believe that he/she knows what should be done better than the people who had been running the project for over 3 years? wacko.png

I guess these mysteries will remain covered the same way as the location of Atlantis or Kennedy's murderer... unsure.png

Never implied any of that. Just mentioned the elements of successful customer service bibles.

#10 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:51 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ YES Max YES. Also, can anyone explain to me why it would be a bad idea to allow players to do this? if anything, having this option would help increase revenue, make it cost 250 reals to do it, make some more money for the game, and allow those players who have buyers remorse to repick their sub class and maintain their lvl!:D i guess i just don't see the harm in it. If there are 100 snipers and 100 hunters, and then the game has players purchase 2500 reals and now we have 110 hunters and 90 snipers...why is that such a bad thing? 

• Nomaso (Elgore) likes this

#11 HotChocolate (Elgore)

HotChocolate (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:40 AM

Less gaming time all you do is just afk in varlone,  less demand on the market for daily stuffs, no one would buy endgame items so it become useless to farm it for some gold, and then the server will die eventually.

If you think taking the easiest way is the best then that is your choice, but i prefer to set my game on hard mode.

• KaiLeena (Elgore) and Sh-ade (Elgore) like this

#12 MitchellGant (Elgore)

MitchellGant (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:44 AM

This game needs a serious infusion of creativity and respect for positive constructive criticism and feedback. It's not just opinion. Most the time the capital is a ghost town, half the streets lined with sell stalls of gamers bailing out, obnoxious and toxic gamers seldom culled and the game's pretty much turned into a kiddie Wild West town in medieval drag. It's just not like it was last summer last year. No one want to see a good game slow bleed to fail.I hope they hear that in Russia.

A MMO blog honcho.

• Nomaso (Elgore), I'mKirito (Elgore) and user_1499350 like this

#13 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:05 PM

One of the struggles Royal Quest is really facing right now is that for the players who already reached lvl 60(a large chunk of the community) there isn't very much left to do:(, that isn't the same thing over and over. Also, when it comes to new players; as they try to level up the leveling up process is slow, and often times repetitive. You often find yourself doing the same dailies over and over again. Because of this the upper levels can feel like a long drawn out formality on the way to 60 instead of the awesome adventure that an mmorpg is supposed to be. This could also be alleviated by adding in new skills that players get past lvl 36, to give them something to look forward to as they level up. I know you unlock new talents as you go, but since that is every 4 levels as you unlock talents in the upper levels it's more like "oh, finally" instead of "YES THIS IS AWESOME!" I would love to see more levels realeased into the game. I'd really love to see as high as level 100, but then after 100 allow players to continue farming additional attribute pionts, or farm to refine gear, or something like that; so the more exp you earn the more improved your gear becomes. Just Something that allows the day in and day out gameplay to feel less like a chore and more like a step towards progress!:D thoughts?

#14 HotChocolate (Elgore)

HotChocolate (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:49 PM

You know i am not against people to giving idea, but if i think its a bad idea i would said so. You can argue and disagree with me just say your point and i would say mine.

Do not derailed from the topic or we will gain nothing from this discussion.

#15 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:52 PM

Why wouldn't it be a good idea? or what would you suggest then HotChocolate?

#16 HotChocolate (Elgore)

HotChocolate (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:42 AM

As you said before when you hit 60 you will be left with nothing, either you try to farm engame items or some daily stuffs to make some gold but its useless if no one would buy it.

Thats why its better having many old player make a new char while we are waiting for new player to come.

A new level cap or a new boss or a new dungeon will be great, but i think what we need most are new players to come, like when we have newcomers from ark.

some event that specially target to new players would be nice. Also a daily or weekly event like castle siege and arcon crystal but the participant only limited 49 level or below may help to give some fun to any lower level, a new arena or battelground gameplay can be exciting, or it can be anything.

I still have lots of idea but its useless if we dont get new players or the old players to comeback to this game.

• Sh-ade (Elgore), Nomaso (Elgore) and user_1499350 like this

#17 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:00 AM

Why wouldn't it be a good idea?

The degradation of the player base is indeed a problem for RQ - no one can deny it.

But to improve the situation they need to activate their promotion campaign, not introduce the means to buy-pass the playing progress.

What does the ability to reset your profession brings?

- In the short run: Players' prospective: The possibility to switch between the professions of the class. Yey! No need to level up another char to reap all the benefits of a well-geared cap. Administration's prospective: nothing of benefit + pain the ... head because of what to do with single-profession gear that is in a way here; potential rapid deviations of profession proportions based on the latest balance changes, new fashion, whatever else which in its turn will call for even more changes to swing the proportion back.

- In the long run: Players' prospective: well, I enjoyed the gameplay of both professions having spent 2ce time/resources less - and now i am bored and want more freebies. Administration's prospective: players don't need to invest their time and money into the process of leveling up 2nd professions - 2ce less revenues, 2ce less time spent ingame, even fewer players in the long run.

I hope i explained quite extensively and if you still don't understand why, it can't be helped.

• Talestra (Elgore) likes this

Homo homini orcus est...

#18 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:50 PM

The degradation of the player base is indeed a problem for RQ - no one can deny it.

But to improve the situation they need to activate their promotion campaign, not introduce the means to buy-pass the playing progress.

What does the ability to reset your profession brings?

- In the short run: Players' prospective: The possibility to switch between the professions of the class. Yey! No need to level up another char to reap all the benefits of a well-geared cap. Administration's prospective: nothing of benefit + pain the ... head because of what to do with single-profession gear that is in a way here; potential rapid deviations of profession proportions based on the latest balance changes, new fashion, whatever else which in its turn will call for even more changes to swing the proportion back.

- In the long run: Players' prospective: well, I enjoyed the gameplay of both professions having spent 2ce time/resources less - and now i am bored and want more freebies. Administration's prospective: players don't need to invest their time and money into the process of leveling up 2nd professions - 2ce less revenues, 2ce less time spent ingame, even fewer players in the long run.

I hope i explained quite extensively and if you still don't understand why, it can't be helped.

I understand what you're saying, but this isn't about allowing players to completely switch classes, it's about being able to switch subclasses. One way to prevent a complete loss in revenue would be to allow players to make the switch, but make it cost more reals, and after switching sub classes it's impossible to switch back. So you get the opportunity to switch, but once you do it's permanent. Also, i would totally agree that if their were more players the game would be a lot more fun to keep playing, but since the player base is limited and dwindling it becomes hard to take full enjoyment in the game, but this is part of Beta. I think more levels/content too look forward to as the game progresses past lvl 36(your last skill) would definitely help.

#19 Jackybs (Elgore)

Jackybs (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:54 PM

i just want to say that i think asking for a reset in game isn't asking for a freebie. that is primarily because this game is in open beta. the sheer fact that there is a suggestion section inviting players to give advice as to how the game could improve isn't being entitled. i think it's being helpful. 

being able to draw in a larger audience with a more flexible game is more beneficial in the long run than forcing people to play a certain way which will in turn make in game players not want to continue playing. 

if this game wasn't in beta i would say that asking for more resets after that is entitled. but this is a different story, Royal Quest isn't finished developing and the creators recognize that. I think we should all acknowledge that as well. 

Edited by Jakybs (Elgore), 21 September 2015 - 11:55 PM.

#20 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:33 PM

Ya...so the more i play this game the more this needs to happen. make it so i believe. I would even like to see the option of putting all of my exp from all my alts into a cube and putting it into one class at this point lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Class, Reset, Warrior

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users