2 replies to this topic

#1 DasWood (Elgore)

DasWood (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

Steel defense is a buff warriors get. Specifically an aura that affects nearby party members to the tune of +20% defense. now what does +20% defense net exactly? About 3% Damage reduction. Compare it to the Crusader aura Steel Health. +20%HP(10% for others) and +10% HP healed. Completely obliterates Steel Defense. What about the Dark Knight Aura called Steel Spikes? 20% damage reflection, again completely blows steel defense out of the water.  No contest at all, not even worth considering unless for some very strange reason you are rolling in a part with 2 crusaders or 2 dark knights.

I get the feeling steel defense was supposed to be +20% damage reduction which would make it competitive to the HP and reflect.

#2 Kuiba (Elgore)

Kuiba (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

well the problem is, your party members are all rogues, mages and archers with 1000 defense. so 200 means nothing. but late game when everyone has 5000+ getting an extra 1000 defense can be a quite a bit of reduction but no joke i do prefer the other two buffs

2q1uw53.png

#3 DasWood (Elgore)

DasWood (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:14 AM

well the problem is, your party members are all rogues, mages and archers with 1000 defense. so 200 means nothing. but late game when everyone has 5000+ getting an extra 1000 defense can be a quite a bit of reduction but no joke i do prefer the other two buffs

I am a crusader. Defense appears to have diminishing returns so 20% defense appears to be about 3% regardless of how much defense you have. It is also a warrior skill.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warrior, Crusader, Dark Knight, Steel Defense

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users