20 replies to this topic

#1 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:51 PM

As a dark knight main i've recently been trying out some different stat builds for fun. In doing this i noticed that unless I put a significant amount of points into luck i will still a chance of missing attacks against things of my own level and a very high chance of missing my attacks against things of 5 levels above me. The more i've played RQ the more i've come to enjoy pve, and i guess i would just like to have my attacks land more often. I got to thinking about some of the differences in classes in world of pve, and i guess my question is this: Why does it seem like melee classes are at a big disadvantage compared to ranged classes? Is it possible to create some kind of skill for melee classes that passively keeps their hit high in pve situations. You don't have to just increase the hit of melee classes in general, that isn't what im asking. I'm just asking if would it be possible to increase melee classes hit% in pve situaions. Thoughts anyone?

#2 Demac (Elgore)

Demac (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSecret cave in Forest of Shadows

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:17 AM

crusaders and dark knight have breakthrough use that

#3 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:30 AM

crusaders and dark knight have breakthrough use that

My point here is that i should be able to build dks in a lot of different ways. Also breakthough is 1 skill with a cd, im talking about using targeted skills, and auto attacks here:)

#4 Demac (Elgore)

Demac (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSecret cave in Forest of Shadows

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:50 AM

ah then get max crit XD

#5 Jyxpe (Elgore)

Jyxpe (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:41 AM

I've played both ranged and melee classes and I haven't seen any difference or disadvantage of hit evaluations. The obvious advantage of ranged classes is that they will always have space between their enemy and themselves (thus more time to react to anything). If anything, melee classes should get a buff to their hit calculations. However, I certainly dont have as many hours into a melee class as you do.

#6 HotChocolate (Elgore)

HotChocolate (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:13 AM

No matter how high your hit rate is but if you try to hit mobs with level way higher than you then it cant be help but sorry some of your attack will miss.

The only thing that can help is Aoe Attack like breakthrough but DK like other classes who focuses on PVP lack in Aoe skills.

Its your choice to play DK for Pve, but really they are not build for that.

#7 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:22 AM

Just a couple of things to mention here:

1. the system of hit/flee works the same for all professions; so ranged professions have the same problem of hitting smb like melee ones and to be able to do something in pve/pvp they also need to increase luck/+ to hit.

2. AoE don't miss and almost each profession have at least a couple of decent AoE (in case of a DK its Breakthrough and Fury Burst).

3. DK itself is not a PvE oriented profession in the 1st place. I mean a DK can do quite well in PvE but there are far better professions to farm :)

Homo homini orcus est...

#8 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:52 AM

Being a crusader i dont have that problem, at least not in pve, as i am also built towards that aspect of the game. I do understand your point of view, but i put my stats like most crusaders do, max str/stam and the rest in luck, so i have about 39 points in luck. Despite that being way lower then the average dk or any class really, i have a very decent hit ratio.

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#9 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:36 PM

No matter how high your hit rate is but if you try to hit mobs with level way higher than you then it cant be help but sorry some of your attack will miss.

The only thing that can help is Aoe Attack like breakthrough but DK like other classeTbats who focuses on PVP lack in Aoe skills.

Its your choice to play DK for Pve, but really they are not build for that.

Thats my point though, there shouldn't be pve and pvp classes every class should be able to do both very well:). I'm not talking about jumping 10 level here haha, im talking about 5 levels, or even things that are the same level as me. 

#10 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:40 PM

Just a couple of things to mention here:

1. the system of hit/flee works the same for all professions; so ranged professions have the same problem of hitting smb like melee ones and to be able to do something in pve/pvp they also need to increase luck/+ to hit.

2. AoE don't miss and almost each profession have at least a couple of decent AoE (in case of a DK its Breakthrough and Fury Burst).

3. DK itself is not a PvE oriented profession in the 1st place. I mean a DK can do quite well in PvE but there are far better professions to farm smile.png

thats the thing man, i should be able to build dk so it's able to farm and not feel like i'd be better off with a different class:). Also, i know the hit ratios are calculated the same for ranged as melee, but melee classes do have a large advatange, if you play the archer class the you usually have either rolands, or pets which double your chances of landing hits, or you're a flamethrower sniper and just walk through everything...lol. If you're a mage you have wall of fire, multiple damaging aoes spells, and a giant aoe "GET AWAY FROM ME" force field all of which don't miss haha. So even though the hit ratios are calculated the same, that doesn't mean that each class has the same experience:) Ranged classes have more advantages than just space between them and the enemy:). 

#11 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:44 PM

Being a crusader i dont have that problem, at least not in pve, as i am also built towards that aspect of the game. I do understand your point of view, but i put my stats like most crusaders do, max str/stam and the rest in luck, so i have about 39 points in luck. Despite that being way lower then the average dk or any class really, i have a very decent hit ratio.

Spillion man, welcome to the forums!!!:D I know you don't have this problem, but you're also at 60. So, the things you're fighting are typically at your level, because you've already reached the level cap haha:). I'm just looking for there to be some kind of balance here for players on their way to 60, and it still would be nice if melee classes had some kind of increase to hit, even if it was only in pve, so if you dont wanna build luck(not saying i dont) you had that option. Flexibility in classes is a lot of fun, and i would just like a little more play available to me with my stat distribution. :) 

#12 Bazooka (Elgore)

Bazooka (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:53 AM

But you already have that option, it's called seals/gear with +hit/+luk and the warrior class even have a nice advantage in the hit part compared to others since some of their weapons come with +hit by default.

#13 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:28 AM

thats the thing man, i should be able to build dk so it's able to farm and not feel like i'd be better off with a different class:). [/snip]

Just 1 question - why?

Only because you want it?

Some professions are better with one thing others with another.

For me it's perfectly OK and right.

If anyone is able to do all things equally well (which is, in fact not possible and RL is the proof of it) where would the differences lie?

As for advantages of ranged professions - they have their disadvantages to balance them as do melee professions.

Instead of sitting and thinking a bit about how you can improve your build you start demanding that you have all at once.

And, btw there are at least 2 suitable pve builds for DK and 1 of them don't require hit at all.

Homo homini orcus est...

#14 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:11 PM

Just 1 question - why?

Only because you want it?

Some professions are better with one thing others with another.

For me it's perfectly OK and right.

If anyone is able to do all things equally well (which is, in fact not possible and RL is the proof of it) where would the differences lie?

As for advantages of ranged professions - they have their disadvantages to balance them as do melee professions.

Instead of sitting and thinking a bit about how you can improve your build you start demanding that you have all at once.

And, btw there are at least 2 suitable pve builds for DK and 1 of them don't require hit at all.

Since the game strives to make pvp balanced it should also strive to make pve balanced. At level 60 alot of the problems I'm talking about go away, but on the way to 60 its very frustrating. This is the suggestions section of the forums, i'm trying to make the suggestion that RQ does something about this for level from 1-59, instead of just letting it fix itself at 60 lol. 

#15 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:27 PM

One other reason why hit is so important for dks, our only low cd heal skill is bloody harvest, when that misses in a fight where you need it, it's crushing. Every other class in the game besides Dark knights has a low cooldown self healing skill, which in pve situations does wonders! In fights other classes can guarantee they will be healed, it doesn't seem balanced to me that other classes have a guaranteed heal while DKs have an ok chance to land their only healing skill if the things they're fighting are their level, but if they are higher than their level they're flipping a coin. 

• SpecialFoo (Elgore) likes this

#16 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:42 PM

But you already have that option, it's called seals/gear with +hit/+luk and the warrior class even have a nice advantage in the hit part compared to others since some of their weapons come with +hit by default.

But, if i use all my seals to increase hit and luck i sacrifice all of the other advantages i can gain with seals. Why should i have to build full luck/hit seals just so my attacks land when other classes don't have that problem, or many of the other issues I have as a DK? If my attacks would just hit things that were the same level as i wouldn't have an issue, but they don't and once you get 5 levels above you you're only landing half your attacks. 

#17 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:11 AM

In fights other classes can guarantee they will be healed, it doesn't seem balanced to me

Why?

Some professions (like DK) have better damage; others better survival. THIS is balance.

When ppl start to ask for everything in one flagon - it is NOT balance.

As simple as that...

Why should i have to build full luck/hit seals just so my attacks land when other classes don't have that problem, or many of the other issues I have as a DK?

You are being untrue and I have already pointed that all classes have the same hit/flee modifiers.

Edited by Sh-ade (Elgore), 14 October 2015 - 08:15 AM.

Homo homini orcus est...

#18 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:54 PM

Why?

Some professions (like DK) have better damage; others better survival. THIS is balance.

When ppl start to ask for everything in one flagon - it is NOT balance.

As simple as that...

You are being untrue and I have already pointed that all classes have the same hit/flee modifiers.

you to understand that if i have a 75% hit ratio, but there are 2 of me swinging my chances to hit are higher right...? Also, it isn't balanced when the game doesn't tell you that by picking a particular class you will be at a disadvantage in other areas, especially when dks are the the only class without a  guaranteed self heal skill built into their kit. That isn't balanced. Just because hit is calculated the same, doesn't mean that translates to balance in the game. Please be mindful of archer have 2 things that can shoot, thieves/assassins have higher burst ratios on skills than dks, and if they get in a bad fight they can just go invis and run. Sorc/Worlock have a bunch of self heal skills, and great offensive and defensive aoes which cant miss. Crusaders have so many heals that even if they don't land all their attacks they have guaranteed self heals to keep them alive through the fight. Every other class has a unique way of dealing well with pve situations. Dark knights are the only ones at a noticeable disadvantage here. I'm not asking for an increase in hit ratios in pvp, just an increase in hit ratios for pve, even if they just made it so bloody harvest dealt 200% against all non-players and never missed this whole thing would be solved

#19 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:06 AM

You just don't understand what I am telling you.

Just try playing with some other classes - may be you will get to it at last.

Homo homini orcus est...

#20 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:29 PM

You just don't understand what I am telling you.

Just try playing with some other classes - may be you will get to it at last.

I understand what you're saying completely, i just disagree with your opinion:) that's all lol. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Knight, Pve, Talents, build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users