12 replies to this topic

#1 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:09 PM

What were Dks originally designed to do? what was their role? What kind of position are they supposed to maintain in The world of royal quest? What are DKs designed to be?

#2 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:42 AM

There are no roles in RQ.

At least for now.

Yes, recently they have been shifting to this notion but when the game was launched it was stated that each and every one class was versatile and Ding an sich.

And there have never been any official rejection of this notion meaning that you can just speculate and only speculate.

So, it is not right to ask what this or that profession's role is and consequently expect something from it.

One plays to their own pleasure so, if you don't feel you are enjoying your class - just try another one.

Homo homini orcus est...

#3 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:36 PM

There are no roles in RQ.

At least for now.

Yes, recently they have been shifting to this notion but when the game was launched it was stated that each and every one class was versatile and Ding an sich.

And there have never been any official rejection of this notion meaning that you can just speculate and only speculate.

So, it is not right to ask what this or that profession's role is and consequently expect something from it.

One plays to their own pleasure so, if you don't feel you are enjoying your class - just try another one.

if a game isn't going to make classes have various roles, then every class should be able to be built in any way a player wants and not be at any disadvantage, but that isn't true. There are certain talents, stat distributions, and gear that is blatantly better than others. This doesn't make sense. 

#4 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:02 AM

During the latest stream with a Rsussian servers CM I asked a question regarding the change in role policy and it was confirmed that the initial all-in-one approach will not be in place.

We were promised a new concept of the game classes in the nearest future.

• I'mKirito (Elgore) likes this

Homo homini orcus est...

#5 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 02:03 PM

During the latest stream with a Rsussian servers CM I asked a question regarding the change in role policy and it was confirmed that the initial all-in-one approach will not be in place.

We were promised a new concept of the game classes in the nearest future.

cool beans, I'm excited to hear that. Since sorcerers are the main healers and crusaders are taking the role of the main tanks, the game needs to follow suit and make each other class have a specific role too, so they can also feel valuable.

#6 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 22 October 2015 - 02:04 PM

Since sorcerers are the main healers

Not any more...

Crusaders are N1 support class right now

Homo homini orcus est...

#7 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 05:59 PM

Not any more...

Crusaders are N1 support class right now

haha, so caders are best healers and tanks? hahah....balanced???? lol.

#8 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:50 AM

haha, so caders are best healers and tanks? hahah....balanced???? lol.

Hmm... What is wrong with that? Supports need to be tanky or they will be killed at once and dead support is useless.

Homo homini orcus est...

#9 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:36 PM

Hmm... What is wrong with that? Supports need to be tanky or they will be killed at once and dead support is useless.

The problem with that, is that it isn't balanced. If one class falls into a specific role, then every other class should also have a specific role, that's called balance. If the other classes all fall into dps, then they should all deal equal dps. That's called balance.

#10 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:17 AM

Try reading more carefully - I've already said above that they reconsidered the initial approach and confirmed it. We are to wait for the description of the new concept.

Homo homini orcus est...

#11 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:41 PM

You asked what was wrong with that, then i explained it then you quoted yourself to answer whats wrong with the current situation. You need to chill with the RQ fanboy train for a hot minute and realize that people are making suggestions that you agree with, and just like what they post. I know you already said that which is why i liked it, but because you asked what was wrong with that i re-stated the problem. Then you agreed with your own earlier response. Too much RQ fanboy man, too much. 

#12 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:45 AM

You asked what was wrong with that, then i explained it then you quoted yourself to answer whats wrong with the current situation. You need to chill with the RQ fanboy train for a hot minute and realize that people are making suggestions that you agree with, and just like what they post. I know you already said that which is why i liked it, but because you asked what was wrong with that i re-stated the problem. Then you agreed with your own earlier response. Too much RQ fanboy man, too much. 

Once again:

Try reading more carefully

Then you will know which reply was for what.

And, btw, I've been playing this game for more than 3 years: I saw several great shifts in both game mechanics and separate class concepts. As well as quite a number of 'genius' ideas of players who have been played the game for just a couple of months but still honestly believe that they know best wink.png

Still, for all means - go on spawning pointless threads. It is a free forum after all.

• Khyaran (Elgore) likes this

Homo homini orcus est...

#13 Talestra (Elgore)

Talestra (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1087 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 12:14 AM

Somebody has to stop it. The thread is closed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Knight, Class

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users