#1 Godsu (Elgore)

Godsu (Elgore)

Heartless

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationKarnaca

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:16 PM

A competition for all levels of arena, a designated team of 3 goes into arena for a spot at more than just blood tokens. The teams place a bet and it is pooled into a grand prize at the end of the tournament, per say 100k from each team. Teams play a bo3 and the winner moves closer to the finals, there can be ingame bracket and show the teams that lead or lose. Just an idea biggrin.png

TlzVAO3.png

• Rampy (Elgore) and KiraQuest (Elgore) like this

" A true hunter never rests "

LqchOiW.png  

#2 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2184 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:22 PM

Interest idea, and we can do it by ourselves. The russian players organize their own tournaments. Here is a video:

• KiraQuest (Elgore) likes this
First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#3 KiraQuest (Elgore)

KiraQuest (Elgore)

Event Coordinator

• Moderators
  • 1607 posts
  • LocationYork, United Kingdom

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:08 PM

It looks a great idea but am a bit puzzled by that video.

I assume it is in the Pyramid but how come no mobs are spawning at any time during the tournament and nobody seems to die ? Do the RU GMs suppress mob spawning whilst it is being run ? Are there Referees or something and what stops idiots from a guild not in the contest just turning up to cause mayhem !

I could not see quite what was happening but it seemed as if there were more than 3 players from one guild present but is that because the tournament is not guild based but a discrete Party basis, so in theory, Party A could have members from any guild or no guild at all but that party stays fixed with the same 3 players throughout the tournament ?

Edited by KiraQuest (Elgore), 26 October 2015 - 06:15 PM.

85478046cdaabc46b52f40a4f27cfe66.png

#4 KiraQuest (Elgore)

KiraQuest (Elgore)

Event Coordinator

• Moderators
  • 1607 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:11 PM

Speaking for myself here, but I imagine that we 3 Moderators will happily act as adjudicators and collators of any tournaments run by the members and will keep any tournament records and monies lodged for later distribution to the winners.

#5 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2184 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:18 PM

Uhh this area doesn't spawn mobs, at least it's rare. And they do die, look at 04:10 to 04:13.

About teams, you can have both mixed teams and one guild team, it's up to the players i'd say.

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#6 Godsu (Elgore)

Godsu (Elgore)

Heartless

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationKarnaca

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:17 PM

Still an idea and no official rules are set yet, more support is needed to make this a thing instead of people just killing eachother randomly

LqchOiW.png  

#7 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2184 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:03 PM

but they are organized there, i'll try to find a thread and post the link here. Sure it also depends on the community, but still, if it's something that the majority agrees, it's worth to try.

- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#8 KiraQuest (Elgore)

KiraQuest (Elgore)

Event Coordinator

• Moderators
  • 1607 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:39 PM

Well, since I am no fighter I would be glad to do the admin for it if you want to give it a go ?

#9 Godsu (Elgore)

Godsu (Elgore)

Heartless

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationKarnaca

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:46 PM

We will all have to agree on the terms and rules if you do it in pvp areas (video) or arena but still worth the effort to make it into a thing the entire community can take part in

LqchOiW.png  

#10 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2184 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:58 PM

The best place would be this one at mids floor 1, it doesn't spawn monsters and it has a large area. To do this with arenas would be too random, a team could end up fighting a full solo queue team, imagine the chaos.

- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#11 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:25 AM

Also the very entrance of the Master's mansion is often used for such mini tournaments.

But usually, when they were conducted in an organized manner GMs were helping and they took place in some peace location (like Andy).

Homo homini orcus est...

#12 KiraQuest (Elgore)

KiraQuest (Elgore)

Event Coordinator

• Moderators
  • 1607 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:15 AM

Also the very entrance of the Master's mansion is often used for such mini tournaments.

But usually, when they were conducted in an organized manner GMs were helping and they took place in some peace location (like Andy).

About 3 weeks ago, I suggested to Aleriana that the GMs could clear at least one of the Soaring Islands above Catalania since apart from the Celestial Sharpsnail which could be moved to Logart's Island, the entire 5 islands are totally redundant to be honest. Utilsing Soaring would have the benefit of allowing people not part of the tournament to come and watch. For very little effort on the part of the GMs they could mark out a play area and put a fence around the tournament area so fans could position themselves beyond the fence and watch.

One Guild could volunteer to act as Umpires, all wearing something distinctive to ensure they are not attacked.you would need 3 ideally, one in the centre of game play and one at the two entrances to the fighting area

SoaringArena.jpg

#13 KiraQuest (Elgore)

KiraQuest (Elgore)

Event Coordinator

• Moderators
  • 1607 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:37 PM

Can you clarify please how and where on Andy were the tournaments undertaken? Were these events, assisted by the GMs a recent thing or from some time ago?

#14 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:52 AM

Can you clarify please how and where on Andy were the tournaments undertaken? Were these events, assisted by the GMs a recent thing or from some time ago?

Mostly these were forum-driven events (still, there were ingame notifications as well).

How - classical knockout system;

Where - unless I am mistaken (cause ,myself, I am not interested in such events at all so I didn't visit) and judging by some screens right by the Star gates in the peaceful zone of Andy;

Yes the tournament was organized and moderated by GMs

Time - quite a long time ago (over a year, i think).

Anyways, if players would like some competition - I think it's a good idea to take matters in their own hands - I believe that Aleriana will gladly help with it if she is provided with a concept.

Homo homini orcus est...

#15 Aleriana

Aleriana

Advanced member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • LocationVarlone, Capital City

Posted 29 October 2015 - 09:19 AM

If there would be a player who is glad to organize it from the beginning to the end, I'll be happy to discuss such events! smile.png

Like Royal Quest on Facebook: RoyalQuest

Follow Royal Quest on Twitter: RoyalQuest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users