10 replies to this topic

#1 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2184 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 19 November 2015 - 12:05 PM

First of all, is the 300 rating gap between 2 players in duelist ranking also applied to gladiator ranking as well? because i've played 1 or 2 arenas that i didn't win any rating points after it's end. If it's that so, can we have a smart matchmaking? (or smarter if we already do) because it's pointless to waste 10min on a queue to end up with a low rating team that won't give you any rank points.

Another approach that can be done is to prevent the arena ticket to be counted if the player gets 0 raking points, or make the ticket earning faster.

• KiraQuest (Elgore) likes this
First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#2 KiraQuest (Elgore)

KiraQuest (Elgore)

Event Coordinator

• Moderators
  • 1607 posts
  • LocationYork, United Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:49 PM

I am not a big sports fan and I do not understand it very well, but International Professional Tennis has a Seeding System and I wonder if there is a way that to rise in at least in the Duellist League Table you have to fight players only say, 10 places above you in the League in order to count.

e.g. You are 54th in League so you can attack to receive points only those 10 (or maybe 20) people above you. if you beat them, you get half the points difference and they lose half the points difference. Likewise, you at 54th can be attacked to win points by anyone up to position 20 in the League.

It follows that those at the very top of the League can only get further up the league by duelling those above them.. Of course, the temptation for anyone at the top would be to refuse to duel, thereby attempting to retain their position by default, but if a Duellist in say, the top 50 who is online declines a duel, they lose a certain number of points (lets say the number is Z)  up to a maximum of say 5 times Z in any 24 hour period.

This would not work in the Arena since you have too many variables and to be honest, so often there might only be a pool of 6 to 10 players signing up for arena.

If one is an also-ran like me bouncing along at the bottom, I would play it all more if I knew I would not be 'of interest' to anyone in the top levels of the game. I get approached a lot by people I know to be high up in the League tables at the moment, knowing they can beat me easily. they are only doing it to get easy points. But if we both knew niether player would gain or lose points, I could then perhaps improve my own pvp skills by having a Mentor and me being a sort of Apprentice. I think it could work well for all those people who want to improve with no impact upon their rankings.

I appreciate these are not solid suggestions or might not even be practical but maybe the 300 point difference could be reduced  from 300 to say, 100 on a trial basis for December ?

• ElectronicMage (Elgore) likes this

85478046cdaabc46b52f40a4f27cfe66.png

#3 HotChocolate (Elgore)

HotChocolate (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:38 PM

Quick solution for you solsa, dont party with foston laugh.png .

The real problem is less people queue arena now, with the new BG token earns, getting blood tokens really hard now.

Great idea Kira, but if we lose points by declining duel then I dont want that cause half of my online time is afk in varlone people can rape my points that way.

#4 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2184 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:03 PM

Then the highest rank just can't team with no one ;p, not even play. Because the others only want to do arena when he's off. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Solsagan (Elgore), 19 November 2015 - 06:03 PM.

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#5 HotChocolate (Elgore)

HotChocolate (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:14 AM

Well i give suggestion for you not for foston wink.png .

Joke aside, I am aware with this problem, but as kira said most of the time there are only 6 to 10 ppl waiting for arena thats enough only for 2 or 3 teams. A new gladiator system can be introduce to encourage people joining arena battleground.

This is my idea, first of all no more minus points when you losing instead you get 1 point as your reward for joining arena. This way player have something to gain even if they know 100% they will lose but they will get at least 5 gladiator points and 125 blood tokens for every 5 tickets a day.

As for the winning team this is my idea  winning against :

top 3 get 7 points,

4th-10th get 5 points,

11th - 20th get 4 points,

21th - 50th get 3 points,

lower than that we get 2 points.

Again this idea is to encourage people for joining arena, if we have more people queuing for arena then solsa's idea for matchmaking can be put into work.

• KiraQuest (Elgore) and ElectronicMage (Elgore) like this

#6 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2184 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:16 AM

But they leave queue when i'm there rolleyes.gif .

I like your idea, but i don't know if it would be right to give points just for doing arenas, it wouldn't change much since the top players would still be on top anyways. And a battleground gladiator ranking is poinless, we both know that we don't have too many players joining bg =/

- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#7 Foston (Elgore)

Foston (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:55 PM

not cool get 0 points and waste a arena ticket... and when i see a party that gives me 3+ points they just join 1 time ...

#8 HotChocolate (Elgore)

HotChocolate (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:33 AM

Players are too afraid to join arena for many reasons, first dont want to get minus points for gladiator points ( count me on that tongue.png ), lack of teammates, or keep getting unfair match.

After the patches i joined arena solo for two days straight, and it was hell laugh.png . TBH Arena are not fun as it used to be anymore, and without any real rewards from BG this game is more into pve rather than pvp now.

• KaiLeena (Elgore) and Khyaran (Elgore) like this

#9 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 30 November 2015 - 01:02 PM

I have to agree with Hot on this one, the arena system makes it too much of a potting and running fest, rather then the (mostly) decent arenas we had before, this potting and running is purely out of the fear of losing those gladiator points, which in my opinion is nothing more then normal (its all about the reales ;-) )

But there should be something implemented like those mentioned before me, i for one have no idea what so i will leave the speculating to you guys

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#10 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2184 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:53 PM

There is no such thing as "pots not allowed" in arenas, lol. I've lost the count of how many times i've seen people doing this. However, this can be applied in duels. Arena is a 3v3, There is much than just a win involved. The gladiator thing changes nothing, i always did arena solo before and only start going with a team when your own guild did the same and was using the other ones to leave arena on the enemy side to give a free win, specially when they ended up with people from my guild. Now they leave the qeue when i'm there and even ask if i have tickets, lol. I guess they're only strong to fight 12x4 or 16x4 or 24x4 like in siges, pathetic.

Edited by Solsagan (Elgore), 30 November 2015 - 02:56 PM.

- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#11 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 01 December 2015 - 08:44 AM

The same response time in time again, yes we have alot of members, yes most only come online for sieges, what else should they do, bosses always drop shit for Immortals anyway ;-)

Edited by Spillion (Elgore), 01 December 2015 - 08:45 AM.

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users