43 replies to this topic

#1 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:00 PM

My suggestion is pretty straightforward; get rid of the boss/elite spawn timers and replace them with a random spawn timer system where bosses could spawn anywhere between 5 min or 12 hours. This would increase the chances of non top tier guilds and players getting a chance to fight the bosses/elites. Also, then i would be more about stumbling across a boss/elite, gathering up your friends and killing it as you discovered them throughout the game. 

This would help balance out the current system in which strong players get spawn timers, hold those spawn timers, and even if you camp the spawn from the time the boss/elite is killed to the very moment it spawns, whatever high level guild/player killed it before can just teleport to the spawn point 1 minute before the boss/elite is up and kill it before you can:/. 

Change the spawn timers to random. :D

#2 X-Zone (Elgore)

X-Zone (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:15 PM

My suggestion is pretty straightforward; get rid of the boss/elite spawn timers and replace them with a random spawn timer system where bosses could spawn anywhere between 5 min or 12 hours. This would increase the chances of non top tier guilds and players getting a chance to fight the bosses/elites. Also, then i would be more about stumbling across a boss/elite, gathering up your friends and killing it as you discovered them throughout the game. 

This would help balance out the current system in which strong players get spawn timers, hold those spawn timers, and even if you camp the spawn from the time the boss/elite is killed to the very moment it spawns, whatever high level guild/player killed it before can just teleport to the spawn point 1 minute before the boss/elite is up and kill it before you can:/. 

Change the spawn timers to random. biggrin.png

Well it will be definitely tough to kill boss for higher guild which was previously easy for them. But sadly it will also increase difficulty level for smaller guilds and will be  extremely difficult for lower guilds which were previously only tough for them.

Instead keep the timings same but apply restriction for killing it. A player can not kill 10 times a boss per month. Every Player see boss as red enemy. But if he killed him 10times he cant attack the boss. In that way boss will be shared by everyone:)

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.

#3 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2236 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:02 PM

I'll just leave this here:

lQrG0Kz.png

• KaiLeena (Elgore) likes this

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses

#4 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:15 PM

How does making the chances of being able to kill a boss/elite equal for all players not make sense? Also the issue with the 10 times a month is that for a lot of elites it only takes 1 top level player to kill it haha. That's why it has to be random, otherwise even if you limit it to 10 kills her boss/elite per player top guild will just kill the boss/elite in rotations. By making it random if top guilds/players wanna maintain control of a boss/elite they have to camp it for 5min-12 hours to make sure they get it, but they have no idea how long that will take. 

#5 Nomaso (Elgore)

Nomaso (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:49 PM

This suggestion would make it very interesting. It exists in numerous of guilds and the only people who would not agree with this suggestion are those guilds in question who are always in Catacomb level 3, killing Rat queen and not allowing low level members who actually need to kill it to progress with their quest. Making Bosses spawn randomly would increase and amply the gaming experience. Uncertainty is the great spice of life. I think an announcement to accompany a boss being killed would also be pretty cool. Like with additional time it took to kill the boss and have additional rankings for the fastest kill for the sake of vanity. Out of the many suggestions you make on the forums, Kirito, this is actually a good one and I expect top guilds that dictate and bully their way through killing all bosses to disagree with you.

It's a suggestion so expect differing opinions.

• I'mKirito (Elgore) likes this

#6 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:13 PM

This suggestion would make it very interesting. It exists in numerous of guilds and the only people who would not agree with this suggestion are those guilds in question who are always in Catacomb level 3, killing Rat queen and not allowing low level members who actually need to kill it to progress with their quest. Making Bosses spawn randomly would increase and amply the gaming experience. Uncertainty is the great spice of life. I think an announcement to accompany a boss being killed would also be pretty cool. Like with additional time it took to kill the boss and have additional rankings for the fastest kill for the sake of vanity. Out of the many suggestions you make on the forums, Kirito, this is actually a good one and I expect top guilds that dictate and bully their way through killing all bosses to disagree with you.

It's a suggestion so expect differing opinions.

thanks man, it's a suggestions forum, not all of my suggestions are always good, but i do think this one has merit for sure!

#7 KiraQuest (Elgore)

KiraQuest (Elgore)

Event Coordinator

• Moderators
  • 1608 posts
  • LocationYork, United Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:19 PM

There may be a case for slightly randomising the appearance of bosses and elites beyond the standard time plus say, +0 to 30 minutes but it is hardly much of an issue since the Original Poster seems to be referring to one mob in particular, Rat Queen (and possibly Bumblebuzz Queen, Dark Shaman and Royal Spider) that are the only mobs capable of being killed by one player alone easily.

All the other mobs are much tougher and with forthcoming patches much more difficult to kill.

Clearly the Original Poster has not had the opportunity to encounter BeastBane, The Master, Edward or Destrucktor all of which ideally take a team of 4-8 players (not always from the same guild at all) far longer than a minute - think 10 - 40 minutes !

A lot of the Original Poster's suggestions seem to be to make his game play easier and belies the fact that he seems unwilling to play the game as it is now.

I dare say if the OP took up Chess, he would be suggesting that the moves of the Knight were irrational and the rule for Castling should be changed to make it easier for him.

Chekmate !

• Sh-ade (Elgore) and Jackybs (Elgore) like this

85478046cdaabc46b52f40a4f27cfe66.png

#8 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:45 PM

Kira_Signature_600x100.jpg

There may be a case for slightly randomising the appearance of bosses and elites beyond the standard time plus say, +0 to 30 minutes but it is hardly much of an issue since the Original Poster seems to be referring to one mob in particular, Rat Queen (and possibly Bumblebuzz Queen, Dark Shaman and Royal Spider) that are the only mobs capable of being killed by one player alone easily.

All the other mobs are much tougher and with forthcoming patches much more difficult to kill.

Clearly the Original Poster has not had the opportunity to encounter BeastBane, The Master, Edward or Destrucktor all of which ideally take a team of 4-8 players (not always from the same guild at all) far longer than a minute - think 10 - 40 minutes !

A lot of the Original Poster's suggestions seem to be to make his game play easier and belies the fact that he seems unwilling to play the game as it is now.

I dare say if the OP took up Chess, he would be suggesting that the moves of the Knight were irrational and the rule for Castling should be changed to make it easier for him.

Chekmate !

I'm glad you used chess as your example, it's actually perfect. See in chess, every player starts with the same potential, the same opportunity, its based on your skill and wit within the 1 game you're playing, after that game is over, the board resets and the same even opportunity is given. When you say the way things are is fine its like saying; lets play chess, but instead of pawns i get extra queens, knights, bishops, and castles. Lol, you're proving my point for me. 

Kira you're part of one of the big 2 guilds on the server so as Nomaso said above, of course you're against this. a 30 min window of change doesn't fix this problem it needs to be random between 5 min-12 hours at least. 

I have encountered other bosses and elites and i identify that they take more than 1 person. But guess what they have timers too, so once one of the big guilds locks down the timer they can hold it indefinitely. 

Everyone has told me that RNG is a good system and told me i was an idiot for suggesting anything else. If it's true that RNG is so great, than why isn't the same random chance principle applied to boss timers?

This change takes away power from some of the larger guilds and higher level players and equalizes the opportunity to other guilds, solo players who party up with friends, or just the random guy who think it'd be fun to kill a boss in a game, or at least attempt it. 

#9 Ragedrop (Elgore)

Ragedrop (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:52 PM

I never write much on any Forum topic, but this really has caught my interest.

Funny thing here beeing as follows:
I have to agree that changeing the spawn timers to "random" would make it more likely for a "random new player" to encounter Rat Queen to do his or her Quest.
Now there is a slight problem with that. We do have 2 Major Guilds, Immortals and Revolt. They make up the majority of active lvl 60s and most even have more than one high level chara.
So going along with that "majority of high lvl players" thing, why would the Developers change something that would upset said majority? On a side note these people are also the top income source of the game.
So while it would make the actual "Quest" easier for a small amount of players (in theory) it can at the same time be said that it would make farming the boss harder for the top players. 
Also, I do belive it would take Locknload and Solsagan about 1 day to adapt to the changes made. Its not really hard to have people sit in catacombs stage 3 instead of Varlone to wait for something you know?
In conclusion: Its not really an option that would do anything but make it more of a task for top guilds to keep all timers to their respective guilds, for which they do have enough active members, so why even bother changeing it ?
It would not in the slightest change the control of said Guilds of the Bosses, it would just upset them.

Best Wishes

We are Legion - Forged in Fire

Bathed in Blood - Encased in Iron

Rise and Conquer - Fight for Honor

Find Peace in Death - Onto Valhalla

Lay me to rest - I'll die with Honor 

#10 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:12 PM

I never write much on any Forum topic, but this really has caught my interest.

Funny thing here beeing as follows:
I have to agree that changeing the spawn timers to "random" would make it more likely for a "random new player" to encounter Rat Queen to do his or her Quest.
Now there is a slight problem with that. We do have 2 Major Guilds, Immortals and Revolt. They make up the majority of active lvl 60s and most even have more than one high level chara.
So going along with that "majority of high lvl players" thing, why would the Developers change something that would upset said majority? On a side note these people are also the top income source of the game.
So while it would make the actual "Quest" easier for a small amount of players (in theory) it can at the same time be said that it would make farming the boss harder for the top players. 
Also, I do belive it would take Locknload and Solsagan about 1 day to adapt to the changes made. Its not really hard to have people sit in catacombs stage 3 instead of Varlone to wait for something you know?
In conclusion: Its not really an option that would do anything but make it more of a task for top guilds to keep all timers to their respective guilds, for which they do have enough active members, so why even bother changeing it ?
It would not in the slightest change the control of said Guilds of the Bosses, it would just upset them.

Best Wishes

some good points here, what i will say in regards to the players who give the most money you're absolutely right. But, 1 player giving 100 dollars a week, is not more than 15 happy players giving 10 dollars a week, more players, happier overall community. A game should always cater to the majority, or at least work towards doing that, if not find a happy medium. 

part of this too goes beyond rat queen, if we make the spawn timers 5min-12 hrs and revolt/immortals is going to set someone up at every boss/elite 24/7 well that's just silly. 

If the high level players and guilds are still expected to maintain control of all bosses/elites with random timers,  then RQ needs to move every single boss, and every single elite into dungeons that every player has access to at all times. Every player, guild, or squad of friends who has the ability to make it through the dungeon and slay the elites/bosses they encounter along the way is given the opportunity to do so. They can grind for cards, gear, drops, the XP, or the joy of the adventure; all in all a full dungeon system would probably be a better option. I know they are working on dungeons, but i hope they move all the boss and elite monsters inside those dungeons, otherwise this problem will always stay the same. 

#11 X-Zone (Elgore)

X-Zone (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:21 PM

We do have 2 Major Guilds, Immortals and Revolt. They make up the majority of active lvl 60s and most even have more than one high level chara.

I agreed to this one smile.png Thats why i said don't make Random Timer but we can apply restriction for particular days or particular time a player can kill a boss because i don't agree top guilds having everything. Just a little we are asking nothing more.

Current Situation is making minority upset. Random Timer situation will make majority upset. But Securing something for minority (like minority quota) by keeping the same system will make 0 people upset.

Let Timer continue as it is and let say for particular day in a month there will be a random timer OR just like i said previously apply restriction to the player that he can only kill a boss 10 times not more than that. This will make it fair to everyone

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.

#12 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2236 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:42 PM

Lemme say a few things.

1 - Everyone has the same chance of killing both Bosses and Elites

2 - I've made this guide to teach EVERYONE how to find such monsters, when i could've just hold the info for myself and my guild.

3 - If you want to find/kill an elite/boss, do like everyone else, go to the damn map and stay there until you find it. Here's a hint: use this guide

4 - Please, stop this "blablabla top guilds controll everything blablablabla" crying. Use the logic, my friend, they're on top for a reason. You can't blame a group of players just because they do something together, if you don't agree with this, make your own guild or join one.

Edited by Solsagan (Elgore), 27 November 2015 - 09:47 PM.

• KiraQuest (Elgore) and Khyaran (Elgore) like this

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses

#13 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:56 PM

Lemme say a few things.

1 - Everyone has the same chance of killing both Bosses and Elites

2 - I've made this guide to teach EVERYONE[b] how to find such monsters, when i could've just hold the info for myself and my guild, 

3 - If you want to find/kill an elite/boss, do like everyone else, go to the damn map and stay there until you find it. [b]Here's a hint: use this guide

4 - Please, stop this "blablabla top guilds controll everything blablablabla" crying, use the logiy, my friend, they're on top for a reason. You can't blame a group of players just because they do something together, if you don't agree with this, make your own guild or join one,..

Solsagan, do you do more damage than level 50s? 55s? new 60s? yes. Do you do more dmg, than 2, 3, or even 4 of them possibly/probably. Dude. They don't have the same chance because the higher level guilds, are stronger, and they stay stronger because with their strength they do more damage, which means they get the drops.

Saying everyone has the same chance with a timer system is like saying. "ok guys, were gonna have a race.  Everyone get ready but Billy you have to do the race walking on your hands only, but hey man, there's a chance the rest of us will all simultaneously sprain our ankle in some freak accident." If you want to maintain the timer system there is an additional option: anyone who does any dmg at all to the boss/elite is entered into the chance to win the loot. If there are 10 partys of players attacking the boss then each party gets a 10% chance to get the loot. If there 5 players/squads attacking the boss there is a 20% chance to get the loot, once a squad engages in fighting a boss/elite they cannot break their party until the boss is dead or they revive at a maiden(this prevents people going to fight bosses in partys then splitting when the boss has 5% health left and increasing their chances to get drops. This would allow players who want a chance to farm bosses/elites to camp spawn points to get the timers, but then even if a high level guild/player shows up they have a fair and equal shot at getting the loot also. 

Or you can say that your %chance to earn the drops from the boss/elite is based on how much %of it's health you do. So if you pull 17% of the dmg you have a 17% chance to get it's loot. 75% dmg 75% chance. Then even if a mob spawns and players there can't out damage other higher lvls/higher gear who show up, they get a chance to get drops based on their performance in a fair way

Edited by I'mKirito (Elgore), 27 November 2015 - 10:00 PM.

#14 HotChocolate (Elgore)

HotChocolate (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:16 PM

Its all about effort being in top guild doesnt mean anything, being lazy will get you nothing.

Give up and complaining before even trying wont get you anywhere, spending thousand hours in the game yet still didnt reach lvl cap and end up with crappy gears may become your future. You can keep running your talk here but if you really have tried solsa or me would have see you from time to time but we didnt.

#15 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:48 PM

Its all about effort being in top guild doesnt mean anything, being lazy will get you nothing.

Give up and complaining before even trying wont get you anywhere, spending thousand hours in the game yet still didnt reach lvl cap and end up with crappy gears may become your future. You can keep running your talk here but if you really have tried solsa or me would have see you from time to time but we didnt.

Not one thing you said actually addresses a single point i made. So thanks for the comment, but i believe what you said was off topic. Address the actual points made with actual ideas or suggestions, if you read above when X-zone made a conflicting point, I didn't dismiss him, i identified what he was talking about and responded based on his actual points, speaking specifically to what he was saying, not just making strange generalizations. 

Also, since i guess you and Solsagan are aware of everything that has to do with boss/elite mobs, why haven't i seen you around when i was looking for the boss/elite? Oh did you guild have a timer? Did you send members to kill those spawns and outdamage our squad of 3 people with one person? Did we stand a chance of getting any drops? nope. lol, this system isn't fair, it needs to be adjusted, and both of you need to realize, that your on the other side of trying to level and gear up, remember what it was like to be a new players, but if your an alpha and were always on top, this will be impossible for you to understand. 

Please address the points i made, the ideas I'm presenting, if you don't like them break down why, don't just saying some off-handed dismissive comment, it's annoying and inappropriate for this section of the forum; since this section is specifically made available to players to make suggestions in hopes of improving the game. When you dismiss people's ideas in this section you're literally spitting on the system RQ has in place. 

RQ identifies that it's still in BETA meaning changes are expected; the only question is when will these changes take place. Please try to remember that.

#16 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:48 PM

The big problem here is that from what i know, the level 60 players tend to put more money into this game than most others, seeing once your level 60 you wont be changing your gear anymore, thus you want to stand out with orange seals and +10 or as close to that as possible.

However i do agree that lower levels should get the chance to do their boss related quests (Rat Queen, Edward etc..), and when any of them is nearby or asks for it i will try to get them into our boss party.

Unfortunately that isnt very often, seeing most already gave up on even trying to find em

Edited by Spillion (Elgore), 04 December 2015 - 03:10 PM.

• I'mKirito (Elgore) likes this

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#17 Ragedrop (Elgore)

Ragedrop (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:58 PM

Allright time to roll out the big truth of this game:
Money rules.
It does not matter if you bring 5 "non cash players", because what kirito said is right, solsagan can still out dps them easy.
Why is that? Cause he spent money.
The issue at hand is not the timers but the simple truth that you win cause you spend money. The whole game is based on that simple concept: Money makes you win.
It can be broken down to 3 steps:
1: Get to lvl 60
2: Spend money to get endgears
3: Camp Bosses/Elites for Cards
That is everything you got and everything you can do in this game if you want to win.
It does not matter if you change the rules that are fixed to timers, spawn locations or whatever else because the big spenders will always have a better shot at doing these things than non cash players.
On a side note I have to disagree with Hotchocolate as much as it pains me: Join Immortals, go to siege for 5 minutes and after one week gain a fortune, that is pretty close to doing nothing in my opinion.
Also towards Solsagan: I dont consider myself crying about the "Big Guild Superpowers", its just a fact. You cant deny that beeing in Revolt or Immortals is a safe ticket to bosstimers and a shot at elites. Beeing anywhere else on the others hand? Not much of a chance.

• Khyaran (Elgore) and I'mKirito (Elgore) like this

We are Legion - Forged in Fire

Bathed in Blood - Encased in Iron

Rise and Conquer - Fight for Honor

Find Peace in Death - Onto Valhalla

Lay me to rest - I'll die with Honor 

#18 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:59 PM

The big problem here is that from what i know, the level 60 players tend to put more money into this game than most others, seeing once your level 60 you wont be changing your gear anymore, thus you want to stand out with orange seals and +10 or as close to that as possible.

However i do agree that lower levels should get the chance to do their boss related quests (Rat Queen, Edward etc..), and when any of them is nearby or asks for it i will try to get them into our boss party.

Unfortunately that isnt very often, seeing most already ga

Thanks for inviting them into the party spillion, it's not the same as what i'm talking about, but it is something! :D 

I agree that players at level 60 are the ones who put the most money into the game, i'd like to see more level 60s in the game, and i believe that by either accept one of the suggestions i made or some variation of it would increase the overall experience of game, and in turn produce more players who continue playing up to level 60. :D

#19 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:07 PM

It does not matter if you change the rules that are fixed to timers, spawn locations or whatever else because the big spenders will always have a better shot at doing these things than non cash players.

Ideally all bosses/elites go into dungeons where they have the same drop rates on cards/gear they do now and any player has the chance to attempt the dungeon. This in my opinion is the best solution because the players that are stronger, and can deal more damage will be able to complete the dungeon faster in turn giving them more chances at cards/and other drops, but the players who need 1 hour to complete a dungeon have just as a good a chance per attempt of getting good drops as the players who can complete the dungeon in 15 minutes. Yes, it's slower going, but you don't have the same struggle that currently exists. 

#20 HotChocolate (Elgore)

HotChocolate (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:32 PM

This is why i said you know nothing about this game. Most of the elites n bosses are easy to kill even for low lvl but to get the time you need effort to get it. We spent hours to get back every elites time we lost.

low level player with no cash support cant fight top players for elites n bosses is bullshit, I got my 1st boss card when i was still lvl 50 in no name guild.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bosses, elites, timers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users