Photo

Do you think the changes incoming for crusaders are needed to make the class more 'balanced'

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Crusader changes in upcoming patch (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think the changes incoming are needed for crusaders to be 'balanced'

1. Yes (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. No (4 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 19 December 2015 - 03:47 PM

I have been reading up on the russian patch notes incoming, and found the changes to be small, but to have a great impact:

1. The cooldown on the Ray of light skill is doubled, from 5 seconds to 10 seconds

2. When the crusader has the full defense tree completed, the added effect you get from aura's shield will reduce healing received on the crusader by 40% (insane, cause this added bonus basically lets us take 15% of the incoming damage upon the last healed person for a set time, combined thats a suicide waiting to happen)

3. The 2 second invincibility bonus on Guardian Angel is removed (big hit in my opinion as well)

Please let me know what you think of this, not just from your point of view but also imagine if you are playing a crusader

I for one keep to the point crusaders are:

1. Only as op as the player behind it

2. Very strong in their respective niche which is tanking, our damage is nothing special really

Edited by Spillion (Elgore), 19 December 2015 - 04:05 PM.

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#2 Shirium (Elgore)

Shirium (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationBrazil, Rio de Janeiro.

Posted 19 December 2015 - 03:58 PM

ph34r.png  and me thinking was only the ray of light nerf..

if they combo with the others 2 nerfs, crus will no go survive for long, specially in pvp ( duel, siege, arena, guild war )

Not sur if is that fair this nerf but.. since now crus not very good equipped can be near immortal in 1v1, maybe its just a way to try "balance" it.

rolleyes.gif

Waiting the patch comes to see how crus will go try tank after it.

#3 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:07 PM

ph34r.png  and me thinking was only the ray of light nerf..

if they combo with the others 2 nerfs, crus will no go survive for long, specially in pvp ( duel, siege, arena, guild war )

Not sur if is that fair this nerf but.. since now crus not very good equipped can be near immortal in 1v1, maybe its just a way to try "balance" it.

rolleyes.gif

Waiting the patch comes to see how crus will go try tank after it.

Not at all then, most bosses get added effects and buffs, while Edward and Beastbane get new skills and a card, and Hugo, dont get me started on Hugo

Edited by Spillion (Elgore), 19 December 2015 - 04:07 PM.

#4 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:42 PM

Also i do keep in mind these changes may be altered before the patch hits us, but as it looks now i think it wont end well for crusaders

#5 Shirium (Elgore)

Shirium (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationBrazil, Rio de Janeiro.

Posted 19 December 2015 - 07:12 PM

Not at all then, most bosses get added effects and buffs, while Edward and Beastbane get new skills and a card, and Hugo, dont get me started on Hugo

Also i do keep in mind these changes may be altered before the patch hits us, but as it looks now i think it wont end well for crusaders

Well.. the crus actual playstyle sur will be ended.. no will be mor like "Ya, ants, keep hitting me, i will go stay aliv for long time cool.png "

Abt the bosses.. well, the actual ones ar not that hard to beat, since a just not dumb team ar enough to do..

The patch is an idea to make bosses sounds like bosses (strong as hell mobs, wich need a op team or good quanty of people to kill);

Anyway.. Ed and BB cards? *-* Never saw them.. if someone know the effects, i would lov to see it wub.png

Well.. patch no came yet but.. good luck for all ya crus players ph34r.png .

Hugo is the hell.. he no counts ,          -          , will be funny see a guild trying kill him here.

Edited by Shirium (Elgore), 19 December 2015 - 07:13 PM.

#6 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:32 PM

I think saders really need a nerf to be balanced, especially in pvp. I'm one of the people with the highest damage in the game and it's quite hard to kill a crusader 1v1, it's almost impossible and it takes a really long time, and this while i have a +9 weapon with 2 mega irex and a +10 gloves with destructor. Am i saying this because with my gear i should melt everyone? No, it the opposite. Imagine those with regular gear, when will they be able to win arena against 2 crusaders on the same team, or even clean a team with 3 cursaders on siege?

Watch this video and look how long it takes to me(1 mega irex and 2 anubis +9 weapon and +10 gloves with Destructor) and Foston( 3 anubis +7 weapon) to kill the crusaders. Now imagine a team with regular players against them. It's nonsese: they're dying and BAM aura shield, they's dying again and BOOM aura light, they're dying again and WOW guardian angel, and when you're about to kil them BAM aura shield again, and this goes on and on and on...

I'm not saying that they shouldn't be tanky, i'm not stupid. However, they way they're right now it's completely retarded.

• I'mKirito (Elgore) likes this
First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#7 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:50 PM

Well, in all honesty there arent that many crusaders that are as tanky as the ones you usually fight or fight with, and pretty much everyone fights Chenli, Toolbox, Aardy, Nay, Lhafy, me or Teranatus at some point, yes, fighting any of the previously named isnt as easy as one thinks

But admitted, as far as i know these are the most tanky crusaders in the game and thus hard to kill

For the rest there are alot of crusaders who either lack the skills and/or gear to be able to survive you or any other powerhouse of a dps like Dark, Dasikk DriX etc

In my opinion our server shouldnt get the same nerfs as the russian one (not sure we ever did, regardless ill just note this)

Seeing the russian crusaders are usually running around with over 40k hp and more defense then most of the previously named crusaders

P.S. granted, in pvp we are annoying as hell to take down, but the things they are planning to nerf according to the russian patch notes will heavily impact our tanking capacities in pve as well, which would become a big problem if i see the videos for the new bosses

Edited by Spillion (Elgore), 22 December 2015 - 02:53 PM.

#8 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:05 PM

Agreed, that's why i said that the nerf should be in pvp, next patch we'll find bosses harder to kill and with our current teams (you know what i'm talking about) i'm not seeing any progress haha.

About those names you listed, those are the pvp focused ones, the rest either have a different build or as you said, lack of gear/skills. I think we get the same patches as russian server, if we have any difference is minimum. 

• Khyaran (Elgore) likes this
First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#9 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:41 PM

Well i am a pve build, i only use blood cards in those items that dont have decent pve cards to start with, yet i am able to stand my ground agains many a class (dps or otherwise) due to my high defense and the fact (this is my opinion, say otherwise if you wish) that i know my abilities well

I use the same build as Teranatus (a name both loved and hated due to his tankiness) which might explain my survivability as well

I think a pve build works best as an allround build, Toolbox is better for pvp then me, seeing he uses blood cards in most of his armor, while keeping pretty much the same defense level i have, so he can still tank well in pve (for now), while i see many so called player killers who stack blood cards everywhere they can just to survive pvp, while getting killed instantly in pve (mainly bosses)

Edited by Spillion (Elgore), 22 December 2015 - 03:42 PM.

#10 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:34 AM

Super pumped about the changes coming to crusader. These balance changes are great, in pvp  

caders will have to start using skill instead of just heal spamming, and in pve they'll be fine they just have to bring along 1 extra healer no big deal, if anything it encourages cooperative play. 

#11 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:23 PM

I know plenty of crusaders only spamming heals (and for the sake of the community i wont name them) and they show all but skills when tanking or fighting in sieges

However i have to agree that heals are one of the things that keep us alive (who would have thought...)

#12 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:15 AM

one img says more than 1k words.

GitySYE.jpg

- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#13 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:35 AM

Well, consider the upcoming nerf with a 'small' seasoning that may have been overlooked yet - elemental mobs are now applying elemental dots that are a real pain especially for melee characters.

PvE's got even harder right now.

• Khyaran (Elgore) likes this

Homo homini orcus est...

#14 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 04:10 PM

one img says more than 1k words.

GitySYE.jpg

I have seen equal numbers on both Teranatus and me, so no need to brag about your girl, every crusader has the potential to do such crazy things

Edited by Spillion (Elgore), 25 December 2015 - 04:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users