#1 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 16 January 2016 - 12:45 PM

While i was making my guide, and while ingame i did some testing and found out that the Empathy passive bonus at the end of the Defense talent tree is basically a self debuff rather then a helpful buff

What it does:

When using your Ray of Light skill on a friendly target, the target and Crusader gain a buff called Empathy:

While empathy is active the Crusader will receive 30% of the incoming damage upon the friendly target you last healed with this skill

this effect lasts for 10 seconds (same duriation as the cooldown of Ray of Light) and also reduces incoming healing upon the crusader (including self healing) by 40% (as long as the crusader's health is above 40%)

The problem is i dont know any other passive bonus that makes the person die faster and overall become less survivable, seeing the 30% damage you take scales off the defense and reduction levels of the target, rather then the Crusader himself

Making it useless and even not advised to use in sieges, with the 10k+ crits flying around its pretty easy for a crusader to nearly kill himself while also taking reduced healing, the 40% health minimum is also pretty useless seeing at that health level it doesnt take alot to go down

Then there is my issue with the duriation (10 seconds, equal to Ray of Light's cooldown), this means any crusader helping others heal with this skill frequently can have this debuff the whole time, as long as his hp stays over 40% of the maximum (which isnt alot), and then leaves you crippled and ready for the enemies to take you down way faster then supposedly needed, while that same dps class you wanted to save initially id dead by this time anyway, thus making you just hurt yourself rather tneh save him/her

I dont suggest to delete this, but some slight alternations should be considered because regardless of what Crusaders have in terms of defense etc. they die after this 90% of the time

I dont mind taking 30% damage off my dps classes, but i think there should be some truly good bonus added to this (currently i find this to be a self nerf for 10 seconds rather then helping out the rest by staying alive for a long while, which is what crusaders were meant to do anyway)

Edited by Spillion (Elgore), 16 January 2016 - 12:47 PM.

• I'mKirito (Elgore) likes this

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#2 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 16 January 2016 - 01:24 PM

The damage incoming from the Empathy should simply undergo crusaders' personal dmg reductions - that is how I see it should work (and actually I was sure it worked like this).

Homo homini orcus est...

#3 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 01:49 PM

It doesnt, at some point Lightranger got hit in the Mausoleum by a crit enemy, hitting him for 14k, i took 4k damage, his defense reduces about 40% of the damage so it pretty much adds up, it scales of his rather then my own defense (if it did i wouldnt even take 1k damage)

For PvE it isnt normally a big deal but in the Mausoleum some elites nearly oneshot most of my team, and regardless of it being 30% of the damage it still hurts me alot as well

Edited by Spillion (Elgore), 16 January 2016 - 01:50 PM.

#4 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:24 AM

It doesnt,

Yes, I know - you've already confirmed it in another topic.

By 'should' I meant that crusaders need to fight for this :)

• Khyaran (Elgore) likes this

Homo homini orcus est...

#5 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:03 PM

Meh, im apparently known as a 'whining kid' so its only a matter of time until i get one of those 'stop crying about everything' responses xD

The funny thing about this is that those saying i should stop whining are players who never even played a Crusader, let alone that they know the impact of these kinds of changes...

Edited by Spillion (Elgore), 18 January 2016 - 03:05 PM.

#6 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:13 PM

Meh, im apparently known as a 'whining kid' so its only a matter of time until i get one of those 'stop crying about everything' responses xD

The funny thing about this is that those saying i should stop whining are players who never even played a Crusader, let alone that they know the impact of these kinds of changes...

My feels about Dks.

#7 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:42 PM

Some exapmles being: "You cant tank a boss straight on anymore, you have to dodge tank", i actually do that now, this was actually true

"You cant tank bosses anymore, you have to kite them", impossible for crusaders, i might go make a sniper and go total loss in movement speed and have more chances at 'kite tanking' then a crusader who is made for tanking

"You whine about bosses while you dont know anything about them", i am currently one of the people that probably knows most about the bosses, and if i say a boss can not be tanked (nor kited, dodge tanked or basically face tanked) you can be pretty sure it cant be done

Edited by Spillion (Elgore), 18 January 2016 - 10:42 PM.

#8 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:57 PM

Who said you don't know anything about them???....lol. 

#9 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:52 AM

I am not going to name anyone, those saying this know im talking about them, even if it wasnt too recent that they said it

#10 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • LocationBright Shield

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:05 AM

That is a passive you get with aura shield, so that's meant to combo with that specific skill.

You heal another person and insta-pop your aura shield and negates that damage.

Another skill that goes up very well with this passive is Planar Barrier, if you use this skill on yourself or your ally (only use it on your ally if the threat is ranged), you'll negate another portion of the damage.

Other usefull sinergy skills: Reliable Protection (since it goes to you and your friend, -40% received dmg), Perfect Protection (strong armor x7)

If you don't have any skills up to protect yourself during the -heal debuff, you simply doesn't heal your friend and let him die. Call a sorcerer. Call batman, idk.

If you need a support for tanking anything, you still aren't able to tank it. 

#11 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:23 AM

It is all good in theory but when it comes to real fight things look way different.

Might we know the name of your 60lvl and geared crusader so we can be sure that these were the words of a real player, not a sofa expert? rolleyes.gif

Homo homini orcus est...

#12 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:53 AM

Also, if i have to use one of my key tanking abilities (auras shield, reliable protection even planar barrier) just to counter the effects of a supposedly "positive" passive bonus, we need to start thinking about the passive bonus

• Reikkan (Elgore) and I'mKirito (Elgore) like this

#13 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:49 PM

Agreed with Spillion, there are a lot of bugs, class balance issues and overall problems that currently exist. 

#14 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • LocationBright Shield

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:44 PM

It's not positive, i didn't say this.

I said the passive is meant to combo with other skills. I'm not supporting the mainentance of such a negative buff.

The thing is, those are the ways the game offer you to handle the situation.

I've never said the passive should stay this way, neither said you were wrong.

#15 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:52 PM

It's not positive, i didn't say this.

I said the passive is meant to combo with other skills. I'm not supporting the mainentance of such a negative buff.

The thing is, those are the ways the game offer you to handle the situation.

I've never said the passive should stay this way, neither said you were wrong.

So...you're just throwing out random words in an attempt to be some kind of deranged oracle? Why not just say "ya, you're right this is crap, this should get changed." Instead of trying to make suggestions about how to function in a poor system, just call the system out on being bad from the get go haha. 

#16 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • LocationBright Shield

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:32 AM

So...you're just throwing out random words in an attempt to be some kind of deranged oracle? Why not just say "ya, you're right this is crap, this should get changed." Instead of trying to make suggestions about how to function in a poor system, just call the system out on being bad from the get go haha. 

I'm not trying to be anything. Saying that I agree changes nothing, my opinion adds nothing to the flow of the topic.

I just pointed some ways to work around this. I'm not going to sit in Varlone and call the system "bullsh..."

That's all.

#17 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:21 PM

I'm not trying to be anything. Saying that I agree changes nothing, my opinion adds nothing to the flow of the topic.

I just pointed some ways to work around this. I'm not going to sit in Varlone and call the system "bullsh..."

That's all.

But if the system is crap in one way or another, it's better for the community to unite under one common agreed theme then to play devil's advocate. :)

#18 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:06 PM

If the system is 'crap' as you say Kirito it is best to let the developers know about this flaw, rather then throw random comments at someone's head, i do not fully agree with Reikkan, but i can understand where he comes from, and as it is now he actually has it at the right end, make the debuff turn out less fatal in the game itself by taking countermeasures (eg, using aura's shield etc) up to the point that they change the mechanics

#19 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:31 PM

You were doing so well Spill blink.png

#20 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:57 AM

I speak my thoughts out, to friend and foe, if i think it is wrong or whatever, i will say so

I can be wrong as well, so then i expect people to tell me as well, but in a decent way

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crusader, Auras Shield Passive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users