Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:51 AM

Responded in your post in italic

Maybe you were fighting against better people who coordinate and knows how to play and my foes are combat dummies. I don't think i'm better than you because i'm still new (2 months playing this). Maybe it was all luck, who knows.

>> Probably. I AM an unlucker after all...

At PvE i can pretty much handle myself, I avoid playing solo and when i do, it's at Ferromagnetic mobbing Element Devourers. I know what you talk about those dots and to be honest, i would probably die on a sec if wasn't for Aura's Shield and the tons of heals and Heal overtime (Ray of light talent, Holy Touch, Banner). It's probably worse late game, i don't know.

>> It is.  When I was 30 to 45 I also felt like nothing can stop me. Now I have quite controversial feelings. Hope your enjoyment remains the same.

Crusader's damage is awful at everything, nothing to say here.

I think the point of the Crusader is protecting his teammates (most of his protecting kit can be shared with the allies). DK is essentially better at solo-playing because the class is meant to, all his heals and buffs are for himself (except for his auras), we can't expect to be effective like them because DK can't fully support a party like a Crusader does. This is why we have different classes, for different playstyles.

>> It is difficult to protect your teammates when all you can do is to desperately try staying alive (be it in a small pack of tortollas or within a bunch of players).

All my posts look like i'm going against my own class, but i'm not. I just think they shouldn't change the class identity to make it more popular (for example: making it deal more damage without losing some defensive attributes).

>> It is more than all right to stick to a single role. if you want to damage - go for a crit solo dominating crusader. If you want to protect - go for high attack and healing skills; if you want to tank - go for defense and flee. The point of Spillion's complaint (which I understand and am agree with) was that applying the empathy debuff not only redirects the damage from your opponent (which is its major meaning) but:

1. reduces crusader's healing power significantly when it's most needed to simply survive;

2. does not reduce the incoming damage by crusader's own (and hardly earned) reductions. Just imagine the end-game situation when a squishy character protected by the empathy gets a crit sniper shot (and it will most probably crit as the mortar builds usually have crit chance over  70%) - the incoming damage can easily reach 20k+ and not only 1-shot the initial target but also bring the protecting crusader to the edge of death). Instead of just 1 dead character the party has 2 dead characters one of which is an unlucky support.

Edited by Sh-ade (Elgore), 27 January 2016 - 08:52 AM.

• Khyaran (Elgore) and Reikkan (Elgore) like this

Homo homini orcus est...

#42 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Rune Bearer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationBright Shield

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:20 AM

So, let's say it goes this way:

Crusader's health must be higher than 40% for this passive to be activated.

Empathy: 30% of the damage taken is redirected to the Crusader. Lasts 10 seconds.

Martyr: While the effect is active, any healing received by the Crusader is decreased by 40%. Ends in 5 seconds or if Crusader's health go lower than 40%.

And then the damage received by the Crusader is calculated based on his defense instead of his ally (that doesn't need to be shown in the passive description).

What do you think?

2AnBFMA.png

I know buddy. It's my lifestyle.

#43 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:58 AM

So, let's say it goes this way:

Crusader's health must be higher than 40% for this passive to be activated.

Empathy: 30% of the damage taken is redirected to the Crusader. Lasts 10 seconds.

Martyr: While the effect is active, any healing received by the Crusader is decreased by 40%. Ends in 5 seconds or if Crusader's health go lower than 40%.

And then the damage received by the Crusader is calculated based on his defense instead of his ally (that doesn't need to be shown in the passive description).

What do you think?

Underlined the root of this discussion. If it were so - crusaders wouldn't nag.

Homo homini orcus est...

#44 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Rune Bearer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationBright Shield

Posted 29 January 2016 - 02:04 PM

Underlined the root of this discussion. If it were so - crusaders wouldn't nag.

Controlling the -healing debuff sounds good too. Don't you agree?

2AnBFMA.png

#45 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 29 January 2016 - 02:27 PM

But the 40% threshold does work now, doesn't it?

Homo homini orcus est...

#46 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 29 January 2016 - 05:36 PM

the 40% health level always worked, its just reached way too fast, and then you need to heal up yourself in order to be useful again

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#47 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Rune Bearer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationBright Shield

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:12 AM

If you go lower than 40% health, you stop taking damage, but the -40% healing debuff still stay.

My suggestion was that it could be removed if you dropped below 40% health aswell.

2AnBFMA.png

#48 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:17 AM

My suggestion was that it could be removed if you dropped below 40% health aswell.

Totally agreed.

• Khyaran (Elgore) likes this

Homo homini orcus est...

#49 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:36 PM

Then we finally concluded, its the healing reduction in combination with the scaling of the damage taken

I hope the devs actually read this

• Reikkan (Elgore) likes this

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crusader, Auras Shield Passive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users