Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Exciting

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:39 PM

~My Frowned Upon Tanky Sniper Guide~

Alright lets start with your gear

Go for full defensive seals and cards to match them along with improving them to further increase your defense.

This is my current build once I hit level 45 (Currently level 41 but have all equipment ready)

http://wonderland-gu...MbSNQgBAL cAg==

8FNOrkM.png

Even with bad seals you should end up with 7-8k defense and be fairly tanky-Able to take 2-3 blows from a kitted out level 60

Now your talents are what really bring this build to a whole new level

Getting Roland X is an absolute must for this build so you can have constant damage while you heal/Run away to heal

Other extremely useful talents in the tree for Roland are

Explosive Healing-Causes blinding and Increases the damage the target takes by 6%,So you get to heal and cause debuffs

Deafening Explosion-Causes proximity mine to cause stun for 1 second,Gives you enough time to use healing shot or place a roland

Death Trap-Increases Trap damage by 55% (Proximity mines/Burrs)

Medical Training-Wound Healing instantly restores 15% more HP and lengthens the Regeneration by 1 sec (Tanky Heals smile.png )

The Shooting Tree is another Absolute must for energy conservation/Overal Tankyness

Healing Infusion-Increases effectiveness of First Aid(Never Use in battle) and Wound Dressing (Op tank move) by 20%

Second Wind-Increases energy Regen Rate 50% when vigor aura is active (Perfect with Card of pipstrelle for infinite energy)

Stability-Using Aiming causes strong Armor,Adds 3900 defense for the duration of Aiming (Very Tanky)

Then you Have the Neutralization tree 

Knowledge of anatomy-Paired with a decent attack rate gives you a 10% chance to deal a random debuff to your opponent

Sniper Training-Applies Aiming to to you after 4 seconds of standing still in battle

(It automatically applies then you can actually use the skill aiming to double its effects and duration HIGHLY USEFUL)

Any unmentioned skills in the tree's are just personal preference based and unrelated to my tank build

TKauQmO.png

This build should let you level nicely and not have to worry about dying in PVE

As far as PVP it has had only minor tests against fully kitted players of much higher level,Hoping to hit level 45 quickly and test it out for real :)

This guide is brought to you by Seville-Sniper...Most likely the only person that wants to use a sniper as a tank class smile.png

Edited by Seville-Sniper (Elgore), 21 January 2016 - 06:13 AM.

• Elyss (Elgore) likes this

Looking for that special piece of equipment?

Find out what it drops from here RQ DROP LIST

#2 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:06 PM

Well, if not counting your end game dream (the GT card for one) i guess this build might even work wink.png

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#3 LightRanger (Elgore)

LightRanger (Elgore)

King's Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:54 AM

I wish you luck on your tank-sniper build at higher levels mate, truly I do. It has been tried many times, but always failed before.

The problem they ran into, hopefully you can correct somehow, is the fact that the base defenses on the gear snipers and hunters can wear is not as high as other classes. A DI or AK Jacket will only get you so far lol, you will max out, I predict, around 16 - 18k maximum unbuffed defense, which is highly respectable, but not tankable at level 60. As I said, I wish you luck though. :D currently, fully buffed, with a DK/Crusader in my party, I can max out, for 7 seconds, at 38k defense, which is approximately 70% damage reduction at level 60. It is good, but compared to spillion's permanent god only knows what his defense is now.... you get my meaning. :)

I do wish you the best of luck, let me know how it works out, as I don't play a lot anymore. ;)

#4 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:38 PM

My basic defense now is 45k and a bit, so you are very close Light

Chenli and Teranatus both have more, but that is purely build specific id say (i am full Experimental and use Rings of brutal force opposed to the Soul devouring Rings)

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#5 LightRanger (Elgore)

LightRanger (Elgore)

King's Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:27 AM

Yes, but the difference lies in the fact that my 38k defense come from all of the following: Royal Guard's elixir, Aiming 7 second defense buff, Sorc 10 Second Defense buff, and I must also be in party with a crusader or DK to get their 20% extra defense buff as well.

And altogether that gives me a 38k 7 second defense as opposed to your permanent unbuffed 45k. lol.

And tbh, I am a fairly tanky sniper, for pvp at least, or I was anyway lol. 

#6 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • LocationBright Shield

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:42 PM

The point here is not only if you are going to tank, but... WHY?

What are you going to do? Snipers don't have hard CC, so you can't annoy enemies. You will lack damage, since sniper is not at its most brilliant days and you need the most damage you can get from gears. 

Did you already think that people will probably ignore you, then kill your whole team and then kill you right after?

It might work at PvE (not bosses though - you are probably not going to tank and keep aggro), but it's not even close to, let's say, a tank thief (he can use shields and has a ton of CC to be annoying at PvP).

I don't see a point to use a tanky Sniper wacko.png 

If you need a support for tanking anything, you still aren't able to tank it. 

#7 LightRanger (Elgore)

LightRanger (Elgore)

King's Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:45 PM

Must... Resist.... Urge to troll. 1 more day.

• Khyaran (Elgore) likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sniper, Guide, Tank, Ranged, Build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users