7 replies to this topic

#1 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2107 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:56 AM

Hello everyone, this is a guide based on my build, if you want a more detailed guide  i suggest Foston's Guide (we have pretty much the same build with small differences)

Talents

Here i'll comment about my talent tree and why and will also comment about other possible ones that assassins can use.

This is the current talent setup that i'm using

X71VDKV.png

Why do i use this one?

To deal more damage  with Born Killer and Head Money, to get a good sustain in both PVE and PVP with Vampire's Strike and crowd controll with Magic bomb. And i don't need the bonus from Perfidy tree since i already have a Destructor Card, so i rather have other options and increased DoT with Poison tree.

However, some asassins use different setups, here is the ones i've seen:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I could post every variation here but i'll leave just the ones above because the rest it's just a variation between one or two talents. Like:

• Some assassins get Poison Eating instead of Shadow Warrior on Poison tree because of the extra healing, especially when they go Daggers build and won't have a high attack to increase their healing.
  • Others choose Born Killer (Murder tree)  instead Pyrotechnist(Perfidy), but   is just a matter of taste/playstyle. In my case, i rather use an extra skill instead of having the bombs cd decreased a bit.
  • Pyrotechnist x Shadow eye: Again a matter os taste/playstyle.

Note: If you want to know the difference between Daggers x Katar, try Foston's guide (The link is at the beginning of my post)

Gear and Attributes

This is my current gear and attributes setup

xnRN4J2.png

And this is my goal

YjNmWJE.png

@Seals and Cards

Current:

Hat of The Wild Buffalo - Blood Card: Immortality ( +2 PVP Resistance for each improvement level) - Seal of Cricital Remarks (+12% critical damage) 

Geometer's Mask - Card of the Wild Boar(+6 Dex, 75% Energy Restoration)  - Seal of Cricital Remarks (+12% critical damage)

Ghost's Jacket - Card of The Ancient Treant (+6 stamina, +10% defense, +2% health for each improvement level) - Seal of the Rogue Bear ( +3 STR, +3% health, +4% critical Chance)

Archer King's Gloves - Card of the Destructor (+12 stamina, 3% to ignoring target's defense for each improvement level) - Seal of Physical Destruction ( +5 STR, +42 attack)

Tomb Raider's Trousers - Card of the Goblin Rider (+1 stamina for each 14 points of STR)  - Seal of the Firefly ( +7 luck, +2 Energy Restoration)

Night Blade Boots - Blood Card: Toughness (+5 Stamina +7 control resistance) - Seal of the Master (+4% health, +12 pvp resistance)

Mouse King's Necklace - Blood Card: Pain ( +7% crit dmg, +1PVP Resistance for each improvement level) -  Seal of Cricital Remarks  (+9% critical damage)

Ring of Brutal Force - Card of the Rich Ghoul (+4 luck, +13 PVP Resistance) - Seal of the Bard (+4 STR, +8 Luck)

Ashkalot Totem - Card of the Orc Overseer (+5 stamina, +1 STR for each improvement after +5)Seal of the Bard (+4 STR, +7 Luck) (+7 luck because it's a Level B item)

Puppet Master's Watch - Blood Card:Demon (+1 PVP resitance for each improvement level , 15% chance of restoring 5% of health when hit by loss of control effect) - Seal of the Hercules (+12 STR)

Wolverine Claws - x2 Card of the Mega irex (+20% PVP damage when in 2 handed weapons, +12% PVP damage when in 1 handed weapons) x1 Blood card: Executoner (+1 PVP damage for each improvement level) - Seal of Physical Destruction (+4 STR, +30 Attack)

Goal:

Every item +11 and a few changes, i'll highlight them: 

Geometer's Mask - Card of the Bumblebuzz Queen (+15 Luck, 75% Energy Restoration)  - Seal of Cricital Remarks (+12% critical damage)

Hat of The Wild Buffalo - Card of The Headless Golbin  ( +10 PVP Resistance, +6 Stamina) - Seal of Cricital Remarks (+12% critical damage)

Wolverine Claws - x3 Card of the Mega irex (+20% PVP damage when in 2 handed weapons, +12% PVP damage when in 1 handed weapons) - Seal of Physical Destruction (+5 STR, +42 Attack)

Mouse King's Necklace - Blood Card: Pain ( +7% crit dmg, +1PVP Resistance for each improvement level) -  Seal of Cricital Remarks  (+12% critical damage)

PVP

Here i'll comment about pvp fights against each class what i got from experience:

vs Assassins -

It's a medium fight, both you and your enemy will spam bombs, ccs and try to get each other off guard. Remember that both of you will have the same skills ( i mean, the core ones), sou you need to be calm  and be sure that you're using CC in the right time.

vs Snipers - 

Easy fight i'd say, you just need to be careful with rolands and make sure to have enough hit to land an strike on the sniper. Always try to stop them from healing, it's essential. Ice bomb and magic bomb are really helpful here.

vs Sorcerer and Warlock - 

Hard fight, they have too many ccs and you really need to be careful with Mirror of Reality that sorcerers have. Tip: Always try to make them stay in the toxic cloud to decrease their healing, and save magic bomb to when that annoying passive that makes them invulnerable for a few seconds, this will prevet them from using any skill and the damage from poison will kill them.

vs Crusader -

Endless fight, imo. It's barely impossible to an assassin kill a crusader alone, unless the crusader build damage, because if it's a tanky one, it's all a waste of time. Why that? Because they have skills to decrease incoming damage, when they're about to die, they use aura shield, then aura light, then guardian angel and they have at least 3 ways of healing. So, unless it's a damage focused crusader, i suggest to not even waste your time with a tanky one, only if you have +11 daggers with huge crit build or +11 katars with Mega Irex, with this you may have a chance to kill a tanky one (but it will cost some time for sure)

vs Dk's - 

The Hardest fight so far if the DK knows how to play. You need to use every skill you have and be aware of the pull/freeze/fury rush combo. And use and abuse of toxic cloud because of their rampant of fury.

A few notes that are applied to every fight:

• Stack cunning to increase cunning focused skills
  • Ice bomb, magic bomb and toxic cloud are really essential to win every fight, but the way you use them change depending on the opponent or the situation.
  • Ghost form and blinding bomb can save lives
  • On group fights you have 2 ways: CC or Burst first (this depends on the group you're fighting with, their classes and especially their playstyle/playerskills)

Leveling 

Some people think that assassins are hard to level, but the truth is they're quite easy if you know how to use skills and a few maps.

20-28 - Trilakes, PvP tower or Baron Logart's Island 

28~40 - PvP Tower, Andynopolis (Rats), Valley of Winds, Great Fissure

40~50 - Wolfpits, PVP Tower, Andynopolis(Scorpions and Black Crabs), Tadano, Vedoc, Inferluve 

50~60 - PVP Tower, Shamba, Abandoned Mines (Floors 1 and 2), Aloha (north), North Kabuk, Trogul

Note: After you reach 42 you start getting a few daily quests that are worth to do, specially 46+. Try to complete them to get a good daily amount of XP and come back to any map you're used to grind.

Tips:

• Use golden card of Aprentice to level faster, you'll need 2 - one for headgear and other to armor.
  • Try to get a firefly seal on your gloves or Pants.
  • Imo, Katar is the best option to level, daggers are good too, but with Katar you can use ripper and will heal more from Detox.
  • Do not spend much money on gear before or after 42~48  unless they're from your end game. A good lvl 48 set can do the job until you get 60 and you can save money for your final gear, Trust me, you'll need every penny.

Use the AoE skills and bombs, specially Magic bomb, Ice bomb and Toxic Cloud. You can also use skills like Shadow Leap and Sabotage to deal Extra Damage

Here is a video to illustrate:

That's it, I hope you all enjoy it.

Edited by Solsagan (Elgore), 11 February 2016 - 04:59 AM.

• Talestra (Elgore), Elsa (Elgore), Genius (Elgore) and 3 others like this

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt,  King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.

List of Elites and Bosses

Solsagan's assassin build.

- Lastfm Profile

- Spotify Profile

#2 Elyss (Elgore)

Elyss (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationEastern United States of America

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:51 AM

Hey Solsagan are you planning to make any major changes to your build when the level cap is raised?

34a74fbdb8d7f29f41839386757d61a5.png

#3 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2107 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:30 AM

I'll wait to check New gears and ser what i can do. My current build is different from this one, i switched to daggers and changed a bit my playstyle, but this one is still good.

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt,  King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.

- Lastfm Profile

- Spotify Profile

#4 Elyss (Elgore)

Elyss (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationEastern United States of America

Posted 19 April 2018 - 05:08 PM

Hey Solsagan you got any advice now that they've completely changed the order of the talents?

34a74fbdb8d7f29f41839386757d61a5.png

#5 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2107 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:43 PM

Keep magic bomb and the 2nd final talent will depened on your playstyle now: Vampire strike to sustain and a massive dot damage, Heartstruck to effective single target killing with or without group fights, and shadow dungeon to more util/survival.

Once i'm done testing i'll update this guide.

• Elyss (Elgore) likes this

- Lastfm Profile

- Spotify Profile

#6 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:15 PM

The Assassins got changed a lot. It will take some time to find strong and viable builds. I currently have 4 builds made but not fully tweaked.

I have a DPS build for PvP. (Sieges)
A survival less dps PvP build.
A pure boss/elite dps build.
A farming/pve/ fast leveling build.

The talents got rewoked so much that one talent tree can't do it all.

I am currently working on making a full DoT dmg build for sieges. Tweaking and getting the right talents is the tricky part.
  • Elyss (Elgore) likes this

#7 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2107 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:51 PM

no mistery in a full dot build lol, the talents are clear there.

- Lastfm Profile

- Spotify Profile

#8 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:37 PM

no mistery in a full dot build lol, the talents are clear there.

Lol. True that. But the talents are debatable. For example, Going full poison with magic bomb then the rest perfidy. Or choose some murder talents with the DoT build instead of the perfidy ones.

I even considered giving up magic bomb and making use of Murder and Perfidy tree for PvP. Now that other classes are better with CC.
Lots of testing to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users