23 replies to this topic

#21 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:51 PM

Aye, the sniper nerf brutalized us, not just saying that because of my class.

Anastasia, you said that all the classes are on a balanced scale for pvp.

I believe you are mistaken, you used 2 of the best snipers in the game, Lock and Crippler, excellent examples as they use separate builds. Lets compare them to the other classes now. I know for a fact that Lock has incredible skill level and excellent gear. He, Berrys, and Crippler have the best sniper gear in the game.

Now then, lets do some comparing.

Lock Vs. Andisu (Top class DK), Lock will die horribly and easily every single time regardless of his play. Their gear is on a similar level, it will not be a close fight.

Lock Vs. Spillion (Top class Crus), Lock and Spillion will fight literally eternally unless one of them pushes the other out of varlone.

Lock Vs Taenor (Top Class Thief), Taenor will stun lock Lock, killing him instantly with his critical hit combination unless one of Lock's boss cards or blood cards procs, saving him. If it does, Lock could potentially stun lock Taenor and win, maybe.

Lock Vs. Genius (Top Class Hunter) Fair fight off the start, Genius stuns lock, stun ends, Lock heals, over and over again.... Enter the Wolf. Genius goes Wolf Mode. GG Lock, Genius wins.

Lock Vs Drix (Top class Assassin) Lock instantly dies as Drix builds his cunning while tanking him, then goes invisible, Lock uses Eagle eye to see drix, then is backstabbed on an almost guaranteed critical hit, instantly killing him.

Lock Vs Decay (Top class Sorc) Decay stun locks Lock and probably kills him, if Lock lives the fight goes on a while, then decay stun locks him again and he dies.

Lock Vs Akroz (Top Class Warlock) This will take a few, but in the end, Akroz can tank Lock longer than the other way around, after a handful of critical Chaos Shards, Lock will die. Akroz crits me for 8k, my gear is only slightly lower than Locks, have a look if you disagree, so I would say he crits Lock for about 6k. That means he can kill Lock in 3 hits. With Ties of blood on, Akroz can tank lock a lot longer than the other way around.

Now, When you say things are balanced, have a look at how snipers were created. We are not meant to survive a fight, we are the epitome of a glass cannon. We were created for the sole purpose of killing. We do not tank, we do not hide, we cannot avoid detection or run away. We cannot leech health from enemies, as previously stated we have low survivability. Our purpose is to KILL. That is why we made snipers, to kill. That has been taken from the sniper class because of the nerf. The roland is completely useless in most pvp scenarios. It is either dead or perma-stunned throughout most situations. The Roland was approximately 3/5 of our damage.

That is my argument for snipers.

If need be, I will create another comparison using Crippler, the known crit build sniper in place of Lock. He will fare moderately better in those 1v1 situations as he does not rely on the Roland.

I have many more ideas on balancing the classes, but I think the above people have done an astounding job covering it.

-Light

This whole thing...YES, exactly. If a class is supposed to be 100% killing potential, then they should deal a terrifying amount of damage. It's unfair to snipers that they can be killed instantly, and don't deal as much damage as assassins. 

#22 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:08 PM

Dark Knights are byfar far from being weak. When I enter the fight my most feared opponent is the dark knight. The pull me and I'm dead. All other classes I can survive but when a dark knight has me targeted I'm sure to be doomed. So I don't understand why people say dk need love.

The problem with Dks currently really boils down to synergy. If they make invigoration a passive the Dks get automatically and base the heals on our total attack instead of % health. It would make a huge difference for dks. the biggest issue dks face is that there really aren't any great build options. We have some ok options, but nothing wonderful. Sure there are some dks that are doing well, but as i've said before those dks are +9-+11 gear with all orange seals, of course their influence will be felt.

In terms of the fear that comes from a dk targeting you, yes i agree that is a very real positive to the dk class. But, a class has to be more than 1, 2 skill combo haha. Just because the class can pull you into ice strike doesn't make the class complete, it just highlights 1 part of the class. Think about how you feel when you get pulled into an ice strike and imagine how the rest of the gaming community must feel when they get hit by a freeze bomb from an invisible assassin, followed up by a fear bomb, all while getting hit with super hard crits haha. You see what I'm getting at Dark?

#23 HotChocolate (Elgore)

HotChocolate (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:33 PM

The problem with Dks currently really boils down to synergy. If they make invigoration a passive the Dks get automatically and base the heals on our total attack instead of % health. It would make a huge difference for dks. the biggest issue dks face is that there really aren't any great build options. We have some ok options, but nothing wonderful. Sure there are some dks that are doing well, but as i've said before those dks are +9-+11 gear with all orange seals, of course their influence will be felt.

In terms of the fear that comes from a dk targeting you, yes i agree that is a very real positive to the dk class. But, a class has to be more than 1, 2 skill combo haha. Just because the class can pull you into ice strike doesn't make the class complete, it just highlights 1 part of the class. Think about how you feel when you get pulled into an ice strike and imagine how the rest of the gaming community must feel when they get hit by a freeze bomb from an invisible assassin, followed up by a fear bomb, all while getting hit with super hard crits haha. You see what I'm getting at Dark?

I disagree with this, invigoration should be based on health because they are necessary for a tank dk to survive, its hard for them to survive only with bloody harvest do to lack of attack power.

#24 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:16 AM

End game Dks who currently build a shield wouldn't feel very much of a difference at all in accordance with their gear, plus this gives non health stacking dks a viable build option. Another option would be to give Dks the steel health aura. If they give us this aura then i wouldn't mind invigoration being based on health at all, because then we actually have some synergy. But, it's very unfair that dks are the only class that don't have a self healing skill based on our attack and it especially unbalanced that dks literally have 0 pvp heals without taking the invigoration talent, without taking this talent were prety much worthless.

Edited by I'mKirito (Elgore), 29 February 2016 - 01:22 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: class, balance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users