#1 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:48 PM

When i was looking around on the Russian forums i found they had one of these general discussion topics in every class sub topic, so i thought id make one for my main class, maybe others can make one for other classes as well

So, what you can do here is just discuss the general overview, feel or gameplay of the Crusader class, or suggest some changes, ask for tips/tricks etc...

Feel free to post, as long as it is related to the Crusader smile.png

• Reikkan (Elgore) and Enya like this

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#2 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationBright Shield

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:00 AM

Some time ago, I was thinking about a full PvE Crusader (Hi Spillion rolleyes.gif), and some thoughts I would like to share:

Synergy: It would be great for us if we could have 2 talents on the same build without losing the full def/holiness tree: One gives 10% DEF/DMG against Bosses, and another one gives you aggro boost (Sorry, I forgot the talent names, i don't have the game installed anymore). It's pretty sad that you can't have both, and if you chose the 10%DMG/DEF, you can't keep aggro long enough.

Empathy: You can't heal friends because you start taking true damage from it (ignores your defense), there is already a topic speaking about it.

Early-levels energy sustain: When you hit 60 and get your Runic Hammer+Wild Boar card, you pretty much don't need energy pots thanks to the infinite energy sustain/management from talents (-20% cost while in combat, 5 attacks = 1 free spell), but that only happens when you have gears to fill the need. Crusader is energy-thirsty and at early levels that could be improved (maybe with a scaling-cost system like the Leap skill).

Not much into speaking about its tankiness, most people ignore the racial/elemental resistances but they don't think about the percent damage absorb it gives. After 50k def you can pretty much go full racial/elemental resist because def stop scaling (percent-wise), yet most of the people just spam DEF till 180k+ and keeps thinking that Crusader should be a better tank.

I think that Crusader is a pretty solid class (pun intended), but it doesn't have a good synergy which makes its gameplay boring and tiring. Plus, you can't really FARM with it because it lacks damage and if you don't have "decent" gears, you can't do even your job as a tank. After some time playing alone, most of the people just give up and create a Sorcerer, since they can farm alone with far lesser effort gear-wise. You can't have a PVP-only class or a Boss-only class, unless you want an ALT-BOT to specific tasks, which is game-breaking for those who wants to play as Crusader.

Thanks for reading, nice topic too.

If you need a support for tanking anything, you still aren't able to tank it. 

#3 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:59 AM

I see where you are coming from, and i have to agree, at some point i went for the Dragonslayer talent (10% less damage taken from bosses/elites, and 10% increased damage against them), and lost knack for that (very needed, instant aura and mount cast is needed in pvp, and some pve cases)

As for the energy, in pvp i dont have a problem, i use blood card whip in my gloves, but for pve i need more energy regen, hence why i adjusted my guide and added the firefly seal to gloves/greaves

I agree that the talents arent exactly in the right spot, but it could be worse, and who knows they might adjust them at some point

#4 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationBright Shield

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:09 AM

I see where you are coming from, and i have to agree, at some point i went for the Dragonslayer talent (10% less damage taken from bosses/elites, and 10% increased damage against them), and lost knack for that (very needed, instant aura and mount cast is needed in pvp, and some pve cases)

As for the energy, in pvp i dont have a problem, i use blood card whip in my gloves, but for pve i need more energy regen, hence why i adjusted my guide and added the firefly seal to gloves/greaves

I agree that the talents arent exactly in the right spot, but it could be worse, and who knows they might adjust them at some point

Maybe you are spamming Strike of Justice too often. This skill is pretty cheap energy-wise, but since its cooldown is low, i don't recommend to spam it unless you are disputing a boss against another guild (bring energy pots for that task xD). I'm not saying that Crusader doesn't waste energy, but all classes do and I think that the energy consumption is pretty "ok" when you hit 60 with Wild Boar + Runic Hammer (I still think that Firefly seal isn't needed, yet it's a better option than Master for a PVE-Full Build). Yet, it's still painful for mid-level Crusaders who waste a ton of energy with a limited energy pool (Sometimes less than 200).

I think that the Dragonslayer talent should be moved to Mastery tree, that would give life to Dark Knights PVE build too, and it would have a far better synergy.

• Khyaran (Elgore) likes this

#5 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:17 AM

What i think should happen is the way they said energy now gets bonus regen depending on how much energy you have (stamina)

when i was at 148 stamina, with wild boar card i had 2.1 energy regen, when i buffed that up with the ent card and a stamina elixir, at 177 stamina, i got 2.2 energy regen

See what i mean, the scaling on regen is horrendous, and needs a slight (only slight) buff in my opinion, for all classes that is

• Reikkan (Elgore) and I'mKirito (Elgore) like this

#6 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationBright Shield

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:46 AM

I get your point, but I doubt they will buff it for some reasons.

If you run a PvE-full build, you can go Firefly+WildBoar+Runic Hammer and sustain your energy with a few energy pots and a good management of the talents (using expensive-energy skills with the Hallowed Blade passive, as an example). Note that you can run Firefly on Gloves and Greaves, filling a good 4.0 energy regen without Wild Boar and other sources of regen. Even if that means that you lose a Solidity seal, it may be worth depending on the rest of your setup.

If you run a PvP build, there are blood cards that re-fill your energy, plus, knowing the energy-limitations of your enemy is a way to counterplay, at least for short-range PvP (arena, duel etc). It loses some of the concept at massive PvPs like Siege/BG/GW because people usually doesn't focus the Crusader (throw a CC at him, focus a squishy target).

I know it would be great, but they won't do it because a slight buff could mean the end of using energy Foods and Potions, which would nullify a lot of game contentrolleyes.gif

• I'mKirito (Elgore) likes this

#7 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:20 PM

True, but admitted, if for every 30 stamina you get .1 energy regen bonus, that isnt enough to make up for the costs of getting that stamina

• I'mKirito (Elgore) likes this

#8 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:43 AM

This topic is so dead at the moment, people feel free to post your thoughts, as long as it is related to Crusaders, i know Imkirito made a similar topic in the Dark Knight section, so please make use of this, it may come in handy smile.png

• Reikkan (Elgore) likes this

#9 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationBright Shield

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:36 AM

I think this topic is dead because the game is overall dying slowly, just like me.

Feels cactus man

Edited by Reikkan (Elgore), 13 May 2016 - 10:36 AM.

#10 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 02:58 PM

Seems Crusaders are a dying breed, no one posts anything in here, wake up guys, theres plenty of stuff to talk about xD

#11 Flik (Elgore)

Flik (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:07 PM

Keep it alive. Hehehe

#12 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:49 PM

Hey guys, Cruz is super fun to play :D I'm pretty pumped about my experience with it so far! Any advice on what the minimum base defense necessary would be to taank different bosses?

#13 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:48 AM

20k def and 24k hp, is what id say the minimum

#14 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 06:28 PM

20k def and 24k hp, is what id say the minimum

Would this include bosses like Hugo? BB? Edward?

#15 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:13 PM

No boss hits harder then others, its their abilities that tend to be dangerous, for the boss itself, the previously said values are enough (dont solo tank, always have a healer that is actually dedicated to healing you)

Usually skills can be evaded by a simple side step, which both saves you, and keeps the boss in place

#16 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationBright Shield

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:32 AM

I was thinking about creating my own Crusader guide since i'm a PVP-Support Crus and no one ever posted a guide regarding this path.

What do you guys think?

#17 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:45 AM

Sounds like a plan, you tank better then i do anyway smile.png

• Reikkan (Elgore) likes this

#18 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationBright Shield

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:38 AM

Hey, i'm making some gears to solo-tank Scorpion King dungeon, since my guild has 3~4 players it would be great.

So, i've made a Forest Shaman Pendant with Earth Resist seal and a card of stump. That gave me +20 Earth Resist (-16% dmg taken from earth creatures).

Now i'm stuck for the rest of the build. I'm not sure if I need to have a higher defense or ATK, the Stone Guardians are still hard to deal with. I'm pretty sure I can tank the rest of the dungeon just with this amulet.

I want to tank it without needing Elixirs/Mount. Any advice? ATK for heals, or stacking defense? My current def is 29k, without buffs and elixir. 31k HP.

Since they're Magical Creatures, I can't make any piece of gear to have extra resist against them unsure.png

#19 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:19 PM

The big issue there is both def and attack are important, but the scaling on def at your current level isnt enough anymore to truly benefit, id say try to get more attack to power your heals

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crusader, Class discussion, Suggestions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users