Photo

Event? Contest? Other?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: What kind of contests or events would you like to see at forum or in game in the nearest future? (60 member(s) have cast votes)

Forum

1. Screenshot/artwork contest (any contests where main part of entry is screenshot or artwork) (19 votes [23.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.75%

2. Text or video contest (Stories, legends et cetera related to the game lore) (18 votes [22.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.50%

3. Quickfire and quiz (Such as Weekly Caption Contest, Guess the Card - or a big complicated quiz) (17 votes [21.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.25%

4. Contribution to community life (guides) (19 votes [23.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.75%

5. Other (Leave your opinion in the post below) (7 votes [8.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.75%

Game

1. Kill'em all (Such as Crush the Evil or Smash the Egg) (15 votes [16.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.48%

2. Ingame mini-event (Find-me, Mystery Monster and so on) (18 votes [19.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.78%

3. Farming competition (Like Chest-o-Mania or Hunting Season) (24 votes [26.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.37%

4. PVP tournament (is it possible?) (27 votes [29.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.67%

5. Other (Leave your opinion in the post below) (7 votes [7.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:44 PM

I have never created polls here before, so... why not now? We really need to hear your opinion.

Vote please smile.png

• Elsa (Elgore), KiraQuest (Elgore), Amelne (Elgore) and 1 other like this

Like Royal Quest on Facebook: RoyalQuest

Follow Royal Quest on Twitter: RoyalQuest

#2 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:22 PM

I voted for the guides, because i know many classes dont have a good/updated guide, and a good guide can work miracles

For the game i voted other: namely a PvE survival arena

Where you would have to fight waves of increasingly difficult mobs

The higher you get the more points (better scaling compared to the dreadful blood tokens), or even make this an alternate way to earn arcon shards (the costs for a good card are so high, an alternate way to farm them wouldnt be too bad imo)

I know im not the first to ask for this, but i just really like the idea

make it a 4man pt thing and at certain waves put in like an elite or something, to balance it out

It can even be made like the arena's in pvp, with special level scaling, so a level 60 wouldnt have to fight a wave of bats or boas, and a lvl 20 wouldnt have to fight something like a Carabus

• Reikkan (Elgore), Enya and Dorothie (Elgore) like this

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#3 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:29 PM

I want to write a guide but how can i? At this point the assassin skills are bugged and don't read what they actually  do. Hint hint shadow strike.  

• Enya likes this

#4 Nomaso (Elgore)

Nomaso (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:33 PM

I couldn't decide so I chose several. You could always do all of them but alternate on which days specific events happen on. For example. Taking advantage of fri-sunday when most players are free you could do a chest farming quest and then the results of the event would fall on the next friday with rewards such as exp/loot drops or even just an exclusive title. Basically what you have been doing thus far.

But any event that will give the game exposure should be first priority. Our community is going from strength to strength even with people claiming that they are ''quitting'' until I see them farming cards for 10+ hours straight.

Edited by Nomaso (Elgore), 24 May 2016 - 04:48 PM.

• Enya likes this

#5 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 04:40 PM

But any event that will give the gaming exposure should be first priority. Our community is going from strength to strength even with people claiming that they are ''quitting'' until I see them farming cards for 10+ hours straight.

*Looks at his past* yeah that about sums it up for me xD

#6 Daemonum (Elgore)

Daemonum (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationInside The Fire

Posted 24 May 2016 - 05:51 PM

Hi RQ Team,

I'd like to emphasize my vote in the Game Poll first:

I chose Kill 'em All event BUT with the reward is different, i mean much like the "Like the Facebook Post" event, all players we'll hunt a certain mob for a certain amount and with definite time, upon reaching this amount ALL players (meaning premium and non-premium users) can have whether X2 or X3. I know that this has been brought up to the admin's attention and may sound like a broken player but this way players regardless of the level can benefit and participate in it and also in line with this, we can post/share this X2 or X3 event to be able to invite new players to try out the game therefore increasing the player population.

As for Forum Poll:

We, newbie players would like to hear new guides from all the veteran players considering the changes made in the game. This way new players can have an idea on how to play the game based on their classes. This may sound very demanding coming from an average player like me but hey, I've come to love this game and hopefully we can sustain the fun in it. Sometimes this can P2W and i hope it will not be Pay-2-Have Fun in the near future.

Thank you very much!

• Enya and Kavrill (Elgore) like this

tumblr_muoc1aJZBI1s3979jo1_500.gif

#7 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationAlcatraZ

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:15 AM

I feel like we need a database like the Russian one, or a Wikia.

We need somewhere to read about the lore too. People tend to say that game lore isn't important, but some people really gets addicted to the game history, playing something just to be strong and kill things gets boring if you don't have a decent lore.

Just having contests will not make more people use the forum, class guides are not going to keep someone here. The thing that keeps us here is the possibility of closing the gap between the team (Enya, mods) and players, plus, interacting between players too. In a game where we lack players to fill the primary interaction role (parties, guilds), it's normal that the forum will be "quite dead" and we can do nothing about it.

About in-game events: Spillion said everything. But I would add more:

Survive or Die:

- You can get in with a party up to four players;

- There are four rooms where parties compete to reach the highest score;

- Each round will be time-limited, monsters will spawn until the time is over;

- Each monster will give its unique score to the room (not the player);

- There will be 8 rounds, each one will be more difficult than the last one;

- After round 3, the 2 rooms with less score will be thrown out of the competition, where the other 2 will keep going to round 4;

- After round 6, the room with less score will be thrown out;

- Round 7 will spawn only Alpha monsters and they will be lead by an Elite;

- Round 8 will spawn a Random BOSS.

- The team that goes through the boss will be awarded with something (I suggest that is gold, the same amount as the team score, but it's up to you guys - help me here rolleyes.gif)

Survive or Die will be open at any time and can be done all day long, it's not a daily quest.

rolleyes.gif

• Angeleyes (Elgore), Enya and Dorothie (Elgore) like this

If you need a support for tanking anything, you still aren't able to tank it. 

#8 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:06 AM

The mini in game events such as find me are really cool.  Some minor changes  to them will make them better.  Lots of us enjoy it and it brings change to daily game play.  Last one I even skipped out on elite times just to track you guys down. XD They only issue I can think of is the newer players are not too familiar  with the game "maps" thus they can't really compete vs a well experienced  player.  Then again it might encourage  them to learn the maps better.  

Another idea find out when most players are online and try to hold some crazy mini game or rare boss appears.  Maybe every Saturday  or some day lots are known to be on and have special  events. Idk maybe 4 bosses start attacking Varlone and the serve needs to protect it.

Edited by Darkhornnnet (Elgore), 25 May 2016 - 03:11 AM.

• Khyaran (Elgore), Amelne (Elgore) and Enya like this

#9 Elsa (Elgore)

Elsa (Elgore)

Evil Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea, City of Chuncheon

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:22 AM

Finally i can share my suggestions for contest here.

I will summarized my suggestion and if it choosed or considered by Royal Quest Team, i would like to help by giving the details (Include Picture, Illustrate, Video and Example)

Some of my New Suggestions are:

Category on Forum

1. Screenshot contest is actually very fun and cool, too bad always few participants but i think lets create new idea of creativity about Screenshot Contest with title "How is looks like your desktop* when playing Royal Quest ?"

*not windows desktop but around your PC/Laptop looks like.

2. Video Contest is also cool and interesting, even some of player cant be good at editing or video perhaps the new idea of video contest may help Royal Quest for promotion in YouTube or Facebook, how about the idea "Make an OBB* (Opening Billboard) for Classes as new kind of promotion"

*Create an introduction about any class's feature, skills and other thing to promote within limited duration.

3. Contributing to Royal Quest is such a good and useful contest, with player contribute about the game there are will be many good information that may player need, perhaps it is still need Royal Quest Team to cross check the information and ensuring that is not predicted or false, how about the new topic like "Filling up the Royal Quest's Wiki*"

*Any kind of Information that related to the game and useful.

4. New idea : How about the Cosplay* things, it will encourage some of players maybe.

*Cosplay doesnt always need a costume but how player shows deep love of this game.

Category in Game

1. TOURNAMENT, This new kind of contest in-game is gonna be fun,  The tournament can be PVE or PVP:

if PVE : Its not much different with Reikkan said "survive or die", but its like tournament so whoever finish the dungeon faster then he wins the reward.

if PVP : It is like Arena but please make it 5 players in a party, and make the tournament has "Gear Rating" so player who has low gears doesnt fight high gears or maybe make the tournament with "setting-able" so whoever participate will be-able to having same gears.

2. New Idea : I title it "The Saviour of Varlone", it not quite different with tournament PVE, but the places is in the Varlone and GUILD PARTICIPATES*, so the contest are saving the city from all bosses (Put bosses in many numbers like 5 rat queens, 5 dark shaman etc) within limited time or limited ressurection, all bosses only have 1 skill of their own except the last boss* .

*Please make the last boss is scorpion king

*The participants are guild, so its like guild vs guild in PVE aspect.

Hope my suggestions are helping.

Edited by Anastasia (Elgore), 25 May 2016 - 04:10 PM.

• Enya and Dorothie (Elgore) like this

#10 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:37 AM

*Please make the last boss is scorpion king

You guys still didnt make it up to Scorpion King?

Now thats a surprise

#11 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2173 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:32 AM

I only tried once, realized that the effort isn't worth. We surely can do, but i don't wanna waste at least 2 hours there when i can be doing something else.

@Thread

Pvp events would be fun, as for other in game events i'd suggest a tower with x levels where you can go with a 8 man team and each level the mobs get harder to kill. And those to complete would choose between an orange seal of +1 improvement in one gear.

Edited by Solsagan (Elgore), 25 May 2016 - 11:33 AM.

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#12 KiraQuest (Elgore)

KiraQuest (Elgore)

Event Coordinator

• Moderators
  • 1607 posts
  • LocationYork, United Kingdom

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:37 PM

Since I am very closely involved in all the contests (guess who does most of the graphics), I am pleased people find then fun to do.

Many of the new ideas for in-game tournaments I have already documented either in this forum or directly to the Dev team and I advocated an ability to create a Persisting Team/Party - lets call it a Faction for now that could have up to 8 members in it - where persisting means the Faction exists at all times like a Guild does, so a player can be a member of a Guild AND a Faction, though a Faction can only include players .

My idea for The Prison introduced this concept and the increasing challenges of mobs for different levels of players and all against the Clock with entrance fees for going into The Prison that are returned as Prizes to the Winning Faction, with a League that runs weekly.

The League would be called Prison Break.

ThePrison.jpg

Synopsis of Prison Break

Situated in Varlone a Prison Break Party (named and recorded for the week) of 4 players at levels 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 and 60 enter the prison and one of their number is randomly transported to another part of the Prison, an expanded version of the Mad Harry Quest Prison you all did at Level 20 but with a difference - some of the prison cells open automatically releasing mobs that are specific to the level of players entering the prison. Players have to work the levers in order to release their comrade releasing even more mobs. There could be different levels of the Prison and the levers are set randomly to the gates. This would be against the clock and Prison Break Parties are entered into a weekly league with the Winners in each Party getting a prize.

Of course, the mobs would also drop loot and gold along the way.

To spice it up once the jailed player is found and released, they fight back towards the Exit but are met by a boss, The Governor(Level 1 to 6 depending on Party levels - I imagine he is like The Master in the Mansion) who appears at the Exit (perhaps with a few Jailers) and you have to kill him to leave the Prison.

Oh, and to get inside the Prison in the first place, you have to bribe the Guards standing outside who will both expect a randomised bribe (it could be gold, loot or even an item of Gear or Weapon to make it more fun) to let you in.

The Prizes would be all the Bribes taken by the Guards for that level that week, plus an in-game bonus that might be gold, XP or boxes - who knows you might have to spin a Roulette Wheel to determine your Bonus prize. The game would allocate gold and xp equally amongst all the party and any weapons or clothing at random.

You might like to re-visit this contest where players came up with new ideas:

https://us.royalques...test-7th-round/

Edited by KiraQuest (Elgore), 25 May 2016 - 12:55 PM.

• Khyaran (Elgore) and Amelne (Elgore) like this

85478046cdaabc46b52f40a4f27cfe66.png

#13 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:23 PM

Id make it like extract the VIP, that way people wont feel useless when they are imprisoned (i know i would), so make all 4 look for 1 specific character that actually moves with them and can die (Elder Dasher but a bit smarter and squishier)

• Enya likes this

#14 Staarrr (Elgore)

Staarrr (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:43 PM

I'm kinda lazy to edit pictures and videos these days, that's why I don't participate on screenshot contests these past days. As you can see I'm making GIFs nowadays WHICH i find very simple and funny. Anyways, I vote for the 

VIDEO CONTEST. I know I know I said I'm lazy these days but hey we never know, video contests always interest me hihi

Oh, what will be the story you asked. Here are 3 stories my brain cells sent me

1. Guildmate story. Introduce your guildmate (maybe 5 guildmate) of course in a funny way... or serious?

2. Friendship Video. Make a video how you meet your friend or what you do in Aura.

3. Guild Story. How your guild first created?

(Oh my goodness. I'm so bad at this. FORGIVE ME ENYA sad.png )

On addition to what I just said, maybe making GIFs would be nice too. GIF contest smile.png

More power to Royal Quest Team!

• Elsa (Elgore), Harco (Elgore) and Enya like this

f8qR5h6.png                                                                                                                                                                      

#15 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:51 PM

I'm scared to introduce  some of my guild mates. unsure.png  

Kira's prison idea sounds cool sadly it takes time for these things to happen. dry.png   I feel they take too much time and loose more players the longer it takes.  

• Khyaran (Elgore), Enya and LadyFaith (Elgore) like this

#16 Staarrr (Elgore)

Staarrr (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:04 PM

I'm scared to introduce  some of my guild mates. unsure.png  

*whispers* You can always take videos without them knowing ph34r.png  Don't be scared and Surprise them. ph34r.png

f8qR5h6.png                                                                                                                                                                      

#17 Staarrr (Elgore)

Staarrr (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:17 PM

OP6V1V4.gif

The battle was intense. The 3 of us fought hard..but we lost.

• Khyaran (Elgore), Harco (Elgore) and Enya like this

f8qR5h6.png                                                                                                                                                                      

#18 Elliot-Raveheart (Elgore)

Elliot-Raveheart (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationAbuja, Nigeria

Posted 30 May 2016 - 12:10 PM

Hi everyone

i think wars are pretty fun, but you could have an event that makes them even better.

The idea is simple. Just create an announcement calling guilds to randomly declare war on each other! The guild that reaches 10000 points first is awarded with a victory chest containing gold, reales, cards, and all kinds of goodies.

At first, guilds would declare war on each other one-on-one, but as the battles grow bloody and the stakes grow higher, guilds will want to up their chances by allying themselves with other guilds - guilds that are no doubt already engaged in wars of their own! So, as your allies increase, so do your enemies and so does the fun!

As an added bonus, you could even have a new skill that would allow a player to 'hide' him or herself from enemy detection for a limited amount of time. The characters displayed name and guild would be different and he/she wouldn't show up red on an enemy's radar. Players could use this to seek refuge from the chaos or spy on enemy troops. With, elements like this and more and more players of different experience, level, and skillset converging to battle for a common reward, war will become less about just knocking each others lights out and more about actual strategy!

The winning guild or guilds as the case may be will of course be bountifully rewarded ( your ally guild may turn against you in the dying hours of the war to avoid sharing the loot, so watch your back!). And the leader of the winning coalition could be rewarded with an exclusive title. Something military an dramatic like "high fleet admiral" or "General of Elenia" or something like that.

what do you think?

#19 ButterBeans (Elgore)

ButterBeans (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 May 2016 - 12:39 PM

PvP  Event would be Great! be good to rack up some arena Tokens   <3

#20 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:03 PM

Spoiler

This isnt going to be any good, because only 1 guild will usually end up winning this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users