#1 Alert (Elgore)

Alert (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:03 AM

Okay, so last night a bunch of trolling was done, I mean a bunch. First, I don't know if everyone realized how joking my friends and I were, I like Solsagan and I also like Ana even if she never accepts my offers to date :(. On that note, the argument was started over battlegrounds, it was about feeding/solo queue/ and parties. So, how about we make a sport of it. We pick a team captain from Revolt and a team captain from Immortals, the team captain can pick any player who wants to play from the other guild. For example, if I am a leader and Solsagan was a leader, I would pick 3-7 players and so would he. He can pick any players and so can I, an even contest if captains choose wisely. However, if the idea worked and someone got picked for a team they disliked and didn't wanna try on, then they wouldn't be accepted on a team in the future. This event would happen after castles, most likely, or an agreed upon time by the majority of people.

Trust me, I understand that the idea is a very rough concept and probably won't work, but give some opinions on it. Tell me whos interested, any opinions on the idea, negative things are fine just please try and be polite everyone. 

Much love, Alert <3  

P.S : The team captains can be from any guild or be guildless, we just need a certain number of people to agree.

P.S.S: I will constantly be thinking of ways to make the server more interesting for everyone and hopefully get some of the player base back, so if anyone has good ideas, please message or mail me in game, or in forum, and we can collaborate. We have to realize that the game is its own organism, however we can greatly influence it. It will take all the players, and all the staff to get this server back in its prime, so I am asking any willing people to please help. Thats all, I hope anyone reading this has a wonderful day and even more wonderful luck with their item drops today :)

• Elsa (Elgore), Decay (Elgore), LightRanger (Elgore) and 3 others like this

As long as it's for the right cause, there's nothing wrong with playing dirty.

#2 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:31 AM

Brooooo Ana is way out of your lead.xD

#3 Elsa (Elgore)

Elsa (Elgore)

Evil Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea, City of Chuncheon

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:55 AM

I think Ms. Enya already open topic called "Event ? Contest ? Other ?"

I understand what u want, u want we war with fair people right ? like Xeffer usually asking us to Fair-Battle, yeah i wanted that also but i suggest this idea of PVP contest you should put on that topic as voting idea for PVP Tournament, i personally like this idea but its common like Castle.

I will wait that contest it must be fun. biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png laugh.png ph34r.png

• Alert (Elgore) likes this

#4 HotChocolate (Elgore)

HotChocolate (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 01:28 AM

Make Anastasia as the rewards.cool.png

• Alert (Elgore), Solsagan (Elgore), Aion (Elgore) and 1 other like this

#5 Elsa (Elgore)

Elsa (Elgore)

Evil Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea, City of Chuncheon

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:16 AM

bbRLCpM.gif

#6 KiraQuest (Elgore)

KiraQuest (Elgore)

Event Coordinator

• Moderators
  • 1607 posts
  • LocationYork, United Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:22 AM

When people decide to have an ad hoc tennis or squash tournament in real life the first thing they do is book a court to play on - at present there is no easy way of achieving this but my odd brain has sort of thought of a solution.

So, are you saying you might like to have a Bookable Battleground with limits specifically of 8 people on each side? When I mean Bookable, two Team Captains arrange a time together (one of four 15minute slots every hour, e.g. 16:00, 16:15, 16:30, 16:45 GMT) when they will meet on the battleground and then book it through RQ, lets say, 2 hours in advance and they can add Party/Team to the booking form and then recruit 8 people to the party on or before 5 minutes before the start a countdown begins for the 8 in their party and they have the same countdown to travel to the battleground as in Siege. When they travel, they go to one of the respective start points and at agreed start time the gates open and for the next 10 minutes they are off. One idea would be to always keep the sides balanced so there would need to be a minimum of 4 players on each side and if say, one Team had 8 and the other 4, the game would randomly remove players from the largest team until it would be balanced to equal numbers.

If so, what if the Bookable Battleground could also record the outcomes and enable Enya to use the Final Scores and list of players and Team Names to create a Contest Ladder.

Wouldn't it be great if some of it could be recorded either via screenshots or video, but that would require someone to be a named Umpire inside the battleground and be immune to attack and able to move across the area perhaps at 10x normal speed to ensure fair play is adhered to - the Umpire would be independent, perhaps someone who is not keen on pvp. This might of course, not be possible but it would be the icing on the cake.

The team names would be used all through the tournament. I would be happy to collate the Tournament results but effectively, if you had the Bookable Court (Battleground) then you yourselves could create the rules in broad terms provided it was approved by a moderator, say. You could even decide to have a Prize set amongst yourselves that you pay into and I would be happy to act as Adjudicator and keep the monies or other prizes on behalf of the contestants and pay them out at the end. At the end of each battleground, you could even just send me a screenshot of the Totals and I would put it into the Ladder.

You could work out other rules like how many substitutions were permitted to a team over the length of a tournament - you might want to even pre-allocate before the start of the Tournament say 10 characters that could be used in the team and only those could be in your team and 2 substitutes were permitted, say - those sorts of rules you could work out in the Forum and then an Adjudicator could simply apply the rules.

You might also need to address whether a character can be in more than one team in any one tournament and how many Battlegrounds each team had to play to be able to continue in the Ladder. I would favour some process where in the Ladder, a team would need to challenge another team above them at least once every 2 days and the other team would need to accept that challenge or lose position. That is one way of running the tournament OR it could be done as in Football (Soccer) where teams apply to join the tournament and then the Adjudicator allocates (at first) randomly by some RNG process who plays who and it is on a knock out basis but each team has to play each other 1,2 or 3 times and the cumulative score is taken forward.

I have no problem helping to Adjudicate this since I do not like PVP but i do like Organising Stuff.

Looking at the above, the only thing that really would need to be sorted by the Devs is a minor change to Battleground but i think this would be for the best anyway since at the moment BG is a total mess and to sign up and wait takes ages and it can be a total turn off.

If there is enough support for this sort of thing, perhaps Enya will be able to make a case for OUR Server to be used as the test server for this change and it is sorted quickly and the results monitored to see if they could roll it out to their larger Russian Servers. Who knows.

And of course, if it works in BG, the same could happen in Arena where again Specific NAMED Teams could enter into a revised Tournament with a specific set of rules and rewards,

Things like player levels may need to be taken into account, particularly in an Arena tournament, but it would not be too much of a struggle for an Adjudicator to keep track of an Arena Tournament for all the different level bands.

So, in summary, a change of BG to allow for NAMED Teams led by Team Captains booking a BG 'Court' at a Specific Time (like siege) with or without an Umpire (ideally with) and you guys work out the rules (e.g. how results are counted, is it all levels or a level by level tournament) between you so we can run a largely player-led tournament (either Knock-Out or Ladder) and you decide the Entry Cost and Tournament Prizes (which I would hope Enya might add some RQ rewards too). The Specific BG 'Court' would have the same 'Travel Now'  facility as in Castle siege so all and only the Team Captain's characters are transported to the BG Court 5 mins before start of the event.

Whaddaya think ? 

85478046cdaabc46b52f40a4f27cfe66.png

#7 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2174 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:23 PM

Bg is good already, the only problem is that not everyone plays like they should. The same happens to arenas.

• Daemonum (Elgore) likes this
First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#8 Foston (Elgore)

Foston (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:23 PM

this shall be funny

both captains can pick players from any guild right? even your only guild.

the problem is

most of the times we dont have ppl enough to do bg,(talking about the server)only in siege time.

just make some clear here u said we feed each other?

we all join bg solo and kill each other, theres few who dont join solo like dassik and harco. but this doesn't mean they feed each other and farm blood tokens

Edited by Foston (Elgore), 11 June 2016 - 02:24 PM.

• Aion (Elgore) likes this

#9 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationAlcatraZ

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:40 PM

Bg is good already, the only problem is that not everyone plays like they should. The same happens to arenas.

Agreed. Fix the lack of players and BG will fix itself. In my humble opinion, BG is even better than Arena, i like it.

• Daemonum (Elgore) likes this

If you need a support for tanking anything, you still aren't able to tank it. 

#10 KiraQuest (Elgore)

KiraQuest (Elgore)

Event Coordinator

• Moderators
  • 1607 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:48 PM

Agreed. Fix the lack of players and BG will fix itself. In my humble opinion, BG is even better than Arena, i like it.

It might be for you, but I only die like most other thieves so BG is a complete waste of time and energy. I want to see more proper competition, more tournaments and an end to all the damn waiting.

#11 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2174 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:08 PM

The lack of players isn't the problem about bg. I doesn't matter if you have 20x20 if half of the team will feed the other. And i do agree that they're better than arenas. Arena is messed up right now, no one queues fearing losing their farm points.

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#12 KiraQuest (Elgore)

KiraQuest (Elgore)

Event Coordinator

• Moderators
  • 1607 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:27 PM

If people want to farm, let them do it but I think it is far more interesting for those keen to compete in a proper Tournament (where population numbers are too small for castle siege to be anything other than one sided) - it might just save the server.

I have no axe to grind since I have no interest in BG or Arena whatsoever but i DO want to see more players playing and indeed have some Hope they can win something if not a Castle Siege so having smaller playing Units (Teams) of between 4 & 8 might mean we could have a nice meaningful Tournament usin g the BG engine to achieve it - with proper battles those who want proper battles can not only fight like there is 'no tomorrow' but can win Awards in a proper Tournament (knock out basis).

There is little or no interest at 1C for deepening the PvE experience (at all levels, not just things like Hugo and Scorpion King) for those unable to compete at PvP due to a lack of blood points, so all that is left is to deepen the opportunities for Competition and Winners amongst those keen on PvP so they might stay playing.

of course, unless people CAN farm blood points, the number of PvP players will not grow so fast and I would wager that many people simply stop playing since existing high-end players are so so OP now they do not stand a chance. My aim is to return hope to those who ARE capable of fighting to win something other than castles and those people who WOULD stay playing if only there was a route to getting more blood points than 5 x 24 each day.

#13 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationAlcatraZ

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:04 PM

The lack of players isn't the problem about bg. I doesn't matter if you have 20x20 if half of the team will feed the other. And i do agree that they're better than arenas. Arena is messed up right now, no one queues fearing losing their farm points.

Thing is, we can't ban/punish players for feeding, i don't believe there is a way to check if someone is feeding or just dying because he/she is bad at PVP. 

Arena gives Reales, the slight chance of getting cash make it risky to find a better team in the other side, no one joins alone other than those guys who desperately needs blood tokens (Yep, like me), and in those cases, they're just wiped out easily. I would suggest to remove all the prizes other than the Titles, increasing the blood token gains and improving the Arena Store (Since those who are full carded don't care about the Blood Token income).

Lack of players is the first issue, we can't try to "fix things" because most of the game is based on having a massive quantity of players. Imagine a scenario where the devs decide to shrink the guild to max 15 members just because "the server has low population" and it would "help to improve siege". We must think about the population before thinking in the PVP (And in some cases, PvE) aspect of the game.

If you need a support for tanking anything, you still aren't able to tank it. 

#14 Alert (Elgore)

Alert (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:17 PM

First, I would like to thank KiraQuest, it means so much when another person replies and puts this much effort into the post. Something along the lines of what you said is exactly what I am proposing. Obviously there would be tweaks and specific rules, but I think the system should work like this. "Oh, the lack of players though," for anyone thinking this, commenting it, or hearing it. Thank you. That is exactly why the idea was thought of, we need more 60 players coming back and having things to do, a PvP tournament would be amazing! If Enya was able to have the two teams set up as we told her, say we all do the draft and have teams ready, and the team thing worked out, it would be amazing. I also agree with the "Umpire" statement, I believe someone should be set on 300-400% speed and be able to fly around and do whatever they wish to do. However, I do not think that health potions should be allowed, the teams are organized, if a team was thought of and picked out well, you will have 2-3 supports FOR SURE. Meaning that health potions are not fair and should not be an option. Energy/mana potions should be allowed, as some players build into energy/mana regen builds, but only a tiny portion of them, everyone should be able to use arena/bg potions and have a set amount of them. 

Finally, in response to a post made the previous day, earlier in the year, and last year, Battlegrounds does NOT have enough rewards for players who are not "OP". So, as a reward, instead of a pot, like the teams pooling money. (This is a good idea and will most likely be what we do.) However, since we can only manage this with the help of Enya, maybe there could be a token pool. 1st recieves 9k blood tokens a piece, enough to buy that card they have been looking for! 2nd receives 5k blood tokens a piece, enough to buy those ring cards they have been wanting! 3rd receives 3k blood tokens, enough to help on the way to big cards or simply buy a smaller card. 

As always, please give an opinion on the posts of Kira and I. 

#15 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2174 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:53 PM

Thing is, we can't ban/punish players for feeding, i don't believe there is a way to check if someone is feeding or just dying because he/she is bad at PVP. 

Arena gives Reales, the slight chance of getting cash make it risky to find a better team in the other side, no one joins alone other than those guys who desperately needs blood tokens (Yep, like me), and in those cases, they're just wiped out easily. I would suggest to remove all the prizes other than the Titles, increasing the blood token gains and improving the Arena Store (Since those who are full carded don't care about the Blood Token income).

Lack of players is the first issue, we can't try to "fix things" because most of the game is based on having a massive quantity of players. Imagine a scenario where the devs decide to shrink the guild to max 15 members just because "the server has low population" and it would "help to improve siege". We must think about the population before thinking in the PVP (And in some cases, PvE) aspect of the game.

Oh yeah right, that's what we see the most in bgs, "unexperienced" pvp players dying alot or not attacking and throwing away  the match for their guild's team win.

Ok then, let's assume that lack of players is the problem here. Put 20 x 20 bg and 1 team has 10 players focused on feeding the other team. It's 30x10, it is still messed up, but heeeeeeeey we have more players, problem fixed right? rolleyes.gif

- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#16 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:00 PM

PvP in a whole is screwed in royal quest, no way how you look at it

Arena is abandoned, BG is a farmingfest for maybe 5 people, where the rest doesnt even gain as many points as an average arena gives

Siege is boring as hell, imbalanced (team wise) and over in like 3 minutes (still dont know how it can end in that short time window)

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#17 Alert (Elgore)

Alert (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:19 PM

Hello everyone, thanks again to everyone commenting, liking and supporting. To begin, I did say that negative comments about the idea were fine, I do wish to keep this post relevant though. Complaining about every PvP aspect in the game or even the arena is pointless. Other posts do the same thing and they have told us they are trying to fix them. So pointing out problems with the BG competition is fine but lets not bring feeding into it, arenas into it, or castles for that matter. However, on that note, if anyone has BG ideas/arena ideas or anything of the sort, please comment or make a new post about them. I would love to see other game enthusiasts and their opinions on the matter of the server. Try and stay patient and positive as long as possible please.

#18 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2174 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:28 PM

Here is what bg should go: Everyone solo, everyone play for their teams. nough said.

- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#19 KiraQuest (Elgore)

KiraQuest (Elgore)

Event Coordinator

• Moderators
  • 1607 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:38 PM

60 minute wait for BG despite many pleas from players to do BG - gave up after an hour.

Same true of Arena - 2 hours wasted waiting .

#20 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:07 PM

Alert, you have to understand, i dont give a crap anymore, pvp is just a waste of time in Royal Quest, and everyone knows it dry.png

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users