After the renewal of Hunters had been over we planned to revise some features of Dark Knights. The work is in hand at the moment, and we present you the first part of the description of upcoming changes. This part is dedicated to the evaluation of the class' problems.
Problems related to items:
- There is a lot of weapons (swords, two-handed swords, hammers, two-handed hammers, axes, two-handed axes) available for Dark Knights but lacking unique roles. As a result most of these weapons unpopular.
- Bonuses to the movement on foot (cards with movement speed bonuses and so on) don't affect mounts.
- Riding mode is not all-sufficient: mounted Dark Knight, for example, is not able to restore his health in sufficient way.
Downsides of skills:
- Too clear choice of the ultimate skill: two of them are difficult to use because of logic of their performance. The first enhances vampirism in a hardly profitable way, the second applies negative effect that can be removed and that deals damage too complicated to be effective - while the third Ice Strike skill provides both control and negative effect profitable for all PVP roles.
- Combat spells with casting time are not convenient for use in melee fight.
- Earthquake skill stays unused after a player gets access to Fury Rush with its much greater damage.
- Dark Knight is overly confined to the on foot mode - to the point that mounted Dark Knight without certain talents gets the minimum healing (Bloody Harvest skill can be used on foot only).
- Dark Knight's auras have casting time.
- Bloody Harvest: vampirism healing depends too much of target's resistance.
- Steel Spikes aura deals unlimited damage (maximum 25% of damage taken) not depending on the character's attack - but in melee fight only.
- Taken as a whole, Dark Knight has precious few control effects to restrict the target. The ultimate skill mentioned above is used to get control effect, and as long as it's not enough - Dark Knight relies on the instant killing of the target.
Downsides of Talents
- Pursuit is of little usefulness because of long animation of Charge.
- Deadly Lance was more effective when applied Immobilization instead of Pain.
- Blood Lust is initially irrational: Dark Knight has to spend his health on Blazing Fury to heal himself.
- Bloody Armor: extends Bone Armor's effect for a too short period, in addition the talent requires a close contact with the target to use effect-extending skills.
- Berserker gives too big bonus for its place in the talents tree.
- The lack of healing compels almost everybody to choose Invigoration.
- Other World: the cooldown time is much longer than of other classes' similar talents.
- Endless Fury is non-demanded because Dark Knight gets enough Fury from other sources.
- Seal of Nosferatu has too weak active effect.
- Victim: the active skill is too intricate in applying.
- Scull Crusher is too much random.
- Zeal turned out to be non-pertinent within the confines of the current anti-control system.
- Epidemic provides too weak bonus, especially against the neighboring talent.
- Eye for an Eye talent is unreasonably reinforced by the new mechanic of periodic damage (which may be critical after recent changes).
So share your opinions here but mind please: the evaluation of problems listed above is preliminary and game designers may come to some other conclusions in the course of their work. The version you see now is intermediate, and the final result may differ.