#1 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:17 PM

Dear players!

3317f76a009f08e4352a04bba4951e4e.png

The long-awaited Part 2 of developers' plan to rework Dark Knights is introduced now for your consideration.

This time we would like to share with the direction for development of the class' talents.

Please mind that current places of any DK talents may be changed in the course of work. The final placement of talents is not known yet: right now we share only planned changes and fixes.

General directions:

• The Mastery tree should give the Warrior choice between on-foot and mounted build development. In whole any drastic differences are not planned.
  • The Blood tree should be destined to the manipulation with Healing and Bleedings.
  • The Power tree should enhance Dark Knight's damage in a variety of ways or apply to his enemies statuses inflicting their dealt damage.
  • The Steel tree should decrease taken damage OR develop the concept of 'tank-reflector'.

Mastery

This talent tree is common for Warrior, Dark Knight and Crusader, therefore changes are minimal here or specific for a chosen class.

• Deadly Lance - Using the Charge and Spear Throw skills will apply Immobilization instead of the Slowdown.

Blood

• Bloodletting is planned to be changed.

Now: Whirlwind Blow, Piercing, Domination have a 50% chance to apply Bleeding x1.

Will be: Damage from Steel Spikes will inflict Bleeding too, with some chance.

• Epidemic will be changed: the Dagger of Plague will infect not only the first target but enemies nearby with Bleeding effect.
  • Invigoration will restore 12% (instead of current 6%) health for every point of Fury lost out of combat or spent by Fury-consuming skills in combat.
  • Blood Lust will be totally changed: instead of increase Bloody Harvest's damage Dark Knight will restore health from any bleeding effects.
  • Bloody Armor will be changed: instead of prolong Bone Armor when using skills any getting of Bone Armor or Rampant Anger will restore 10% health of the character, but no more than once on 10 seconds.
  • Witch Hunter will not have activation time restriction anymore, but when taking a negative effect the character will restore 1 point of Fury and will get Might x1.
  • Seal of Nosferatu will give Vampirism for 15 seconds:  restores health for 25% of direct damage taken, but no more than 200% with maximum health, with unlimited frequency and amount of healing while activated. Cooldown time of the skill will remain the same; the passive bous is not planned to be changed for now.

Might

• Devastator will be changed: Anger and Earthquake skills will apply Contusion for the number of seconds equal to the number of spent Fury points.
  • Eye for an Eye skill will affect only Steel Spikes: if Dark Knight is under a control effect, Spikes reflect considerably more damage incoming.
  • Mercilessness will be changed: critical damage will increase with 20% in Rampant Anger status.
  • Endless Fury will be changed: Rampant Anger with this talent will not be limited with the duration time, only with the amount  of Fury. More Energy will be consumed.
  • Victim ultimate talent: active skill will be replaced by Ice Strike active skill ( deals damage, freezes for 4 seconds, decreases defense with 50%. Passive bonus: Critical damage of Dark Knight in Rampant Anger increases with 0,5% for every 1% lost health.

Steel

• Ominous Threat will be changed: now the talent will affect Power Seizure instead of changing Provocation effect. Using Power Seisure with this talent will create Provocation effect for 1 second on the target and will add the thread blast with 500% of Dark Knight's attack.
  • Skull Crusher will be changed for Dark Knight only. Using of Shield Blow and Earthquake skills will give a certain chance to apply Contusion for 3 seconds. Chances will be increased for every consumed point of Fury, every improvement level of the hammer, damage dealt by Dark Knight etc. Cooldown time after switching equipment - 10 seconds.
  • Other World: cooldown time will decrease from 5 minutes to 70 seconds. Also 20% health will be restored in this state.
  • Fossilisized Bones will be changed: the duration of the Bone Armor will be increased for 5 seconds when getting a control effect.
  • Banner bearer of Darkness will be changed: instead of increase damage dealt to enemies Dark Knight's party will take 15% less damage near the Banner of Darkness.
  • Ice Strike ultimate talent: active skill will be replaced by Victim. Passive bonus: damage taken decreases with 5%.

Naturally many of Dark Knight's skills will be changed too: we shall tell about these changes next time. Now we are waiting for your comments and opinions, and mind that any of decisions listed above may be repealed or reworked, among other things due to your feedback.

• I'mKirito (Elgore) likes this

Like Royal Quest on Facebook: RoyalQuest

Follow Royal Quest on Twitter: RoyalQuest

#2 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2195 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:46 PM

Banner sounds insteresting. But i don't now how shadow strike gets nerfed because it's "too op" but ice strike sounds normal to them. 

Edited by Solsagan (Elgore), 17 January 2017 - 09:19 PM.

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#3 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:17 PM

When your class is "burst dps" but others do the burst better.

Anyways this will be an interesting patch.

Don't make go for 40k hp on my assassin just to survive the new DK class ^^.

#4 Shimanu (Elgore)

Shimanu (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • LocationMaybe at the bathroom

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:54 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah , Ohhhhhhhhhhh , yes 

Atlast , i've been waiting for this for so long , But still Ice Strike doesnt have a Mastery (40 hit) in it ,too bad Ice strike will still miss 

• Invigoration will restore 12% (instead of current 6%) health for every point of Fury lost out of combat or spent by Fury-consuming skills in combat.

12% per fury lost , oomph can heal 4k each fury lost , lol 

•Seal of Nosferatu will give Vampirism for 15 seconds:  restores health for 25% of direct damage taken, but no more than 200% with maximum health, with unlimited frequency and amount of healing while activated. Cooldown time of the skill will remain the same; the passive bous is not planned to be changed for now.

Seal of Nosferatu , heals based on the damage taken , most dk can heal 40 000 health , wow 

Oh no i can't continue i would feel so good reading this all 

•Eye for an Eye skill will affect only Steel Spikes: if Dark Knight is under a control effect, Spikes reflect considerably more damage incoming.

EDIT: after the patch , will the "steel spikes" also reflect both melee and range ?? currently its only MELEE ,

@Suggestion "steek spikes" should ignore defense but get's reduction on PVP resistance/elemental 

Edited by Shimanu (Elgore), 18 January 2017 - 02:54 AM.

#5 Shimanu (Elgore)

Shimanu (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:56 PM

The skill is the only freezing skill that doesn't break when someone hit, so you stay there 4 solid seconds taking damage, and there's more: with half defense. The ice should break when anyone hit.

Making Ice strike only like 1 sec? , 50% reduce defense is like only 10-15% bonus damage , and last for whopping 4 seconds

while heretic is 25% bonus damage for 12 seconds 

#6 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2195 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:05 PM

@Edit. Ice bomb and Ice Shackles are not breaking after 1 hit either, it used to be only dk's ice strike with this feature. 

Edited by Solsagan (Elgore), 17 January 2017 - 09:16 PM.

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#7 Aion (Elgore)

Aion (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:06 AM

me as dk teamworker, since dk can not heal their teams like crusader

@suggestion

1.power seizure is pulling enemy, also his teammate in the party.

2.re-work type of unpopular weapons.

Edited by Myotizc (Elgore), 18 January 2017 - 02:15 AM.

#8 Flik (Elgore)

Flik (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:02 AM

I like the changes. It seems like a self healing dk tank will be viable. I also see a crit berseker dk build. I'm really excited now.

#9 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:33 PM

The only thing i don't see listed here, that i think others have mentioned before along with myself. Adjustment of the stats in gear to remove dex from them?

#10 Nikolaa (Elgore)

Nikolaa (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:23 PM

The only thing i don't see listed here, that i think others have mentioned before along with myself. Adjustment of the stats in gear to remove dex from them?

did you read the title? it says talents not gear.

#11 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:01 AM

did you read the title? it says talents not gear.

yes i did but i read it as "Future talents, Changes part 2." Since part one was "developers' view of the class. Part 1." This implies view of the class part 2. It's implicit Vs Explicit statements. :) Unless there is another part 2 posted somewhere i missed?

#12 Ainzoalgown (Elgore)

Ainzoalgown (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

Cool, but still everything depends on testing and exact values. If bleeding heals 10% of damage dealt, it's useless (in PvP it will be dispelled in first 1-2 sec anyway). If it's 100%... I guess it will be OK for PvP considering it will be dispelled almost immediately. Maybe it would be better to give even more than 100%, but testing will tell...

I would still like to see healing skills for DK that don't depend on close contact and getting a seal of Nosferatu.

As for Bloody Harvest, it would be awesome to get maybe not 100% chance to hit, but something like +40 hit (or +20 at least) with Bloody Harvest.

As for weapons : I would like to see what developers will do about them ( will I be able to put bleeding with a particular skill even with a hammer ? 0_o I hope not )

Also :

• Fossilisized Bones will be changed: the duration of the Bone Armor will be increased for 5 seconds when getting a control effect.

Does it mean that if we are under the Rampant Fury effect, we will not get any +5 sec to bone armor and no fury for Witch Hunter? Is it already the case?

Also, Solsagan, I haven't played other classes in a while. Does freezing of other classes also decrease defense by 50%? Or is it 100% or 80%? If it's more than 75%, than it's logical that the freezing of Ice Strike won't be dispelled after the attack especially considering that it's practically the only control effect we have ( except for a random chance of stunning ) and that it can miss unlike most of the control skills of other classes.

Edited by Ainzoalgown (Elgore), 20 January 2017 - 12:40 PM.

Be polite, be British.

#13 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:45 PM

Making Ice strike only like 1 sec? , 50% reduce defense is like only 10-15% bonus damage , and last for whopping 4 seconds

while heretic is 25% bonus damage for 12 seconds 

Shimanu, i agree 100% and have made this point many, many, manyyy times. Because of a thing called cast animations, ice strike only really freezes for an effective 3 seconds, which is even less if someone has crowd control reduction. And because Ice strike reduces defense, instead of increasing damage, the damage increase is significantly less. For example ice strike increases damage by 10-20% depending on who you're fighting against, because it's based on defense, but heretics brand always brings increased damage.

If heretics brand is an acceptable skill in the games meta, and DK is supposed to be more geared towards damage than a crusader. It would only make sense that Ice strike increases damage taken by 25% for 12 seconds, and has a 4 second freeze. 

Or, make ice strike do something totally different and unique; maybe something like change the skill to read, every 3rd consecutive use of ice strike on the same target results in a 4 second freeze. But the intial 2 uses just cause like an 80% slow for 2 seconds and applys 1 stack of broken armor. This would allow for synergy with crushing blow, and chains fury rush combo. 

Also, regarding fury rush: please have the skulls distribute in a more even & consistent pattern. Evenly spread around the dk for example would be very nice; set up so whatever was in the middle of the skulls would take full damage from all of them, but everything on the outside would take partial damage. This way the class is more consistent. 

#14 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:15 PM

Part 3 has been published: https://us.royalques...skills-changes/

Like Royal Quest on Facebook: RoyalQuest

Follow Royal Quest on Twitter: RoyalQuest

#15 HotChocolate (Elgore)

HotChocolate (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:35 AM

Also, Solsagan, I haven't played other classes in a while. Does freezing of other classes also decrease defense by 50%? Or is it 100% or 80%? If it's more than 75%, than it's logical that the freezing of Ice Strike won't be dispelled after the attack especially considering that it's practically the only control effect we have ( except for a random chance of stunning ) and that it can miss unlike most of the control skills of other classes.

The other freezing skills, like ice shackle, ice bomb, or ice trap have cold effect, means you cannot move or use skills and your dodge dramatically decreased.

#16 Flik (Elgore)

Flik (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:37 AM

Will invigoration work completely now? Right now when I use fury rush with 8 points of fury, I only get healed by 6% hp. Shouldn't I get 6% x 8 for the heal?

#17 Kazier (Elgore)

Kazier (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:48 PM

• Blood Lust will be totally changed: instead of increase Bloody Harvest's damage Dark Knight will restore health from any bleeding effects. = Dont like this we lose 25% dmg of blood havest.this should stay the as it was.
  • Banner bearer of Darkness will be changed: instead of increase damage dealt to enemies Dark Knight's party will take 15% less damage near the Banner of Darkness.= same here i want to keep the old one is useful in pve on boss fight. New buff is good but maybe something for crusaders. or  that u can choose what buff u want for banner. 7%dmg or 15% dmg resist.
  • Witch Hunter will not have activation time restriction anymore, but when taking a negative effect the character will restore 1 point of Fury and will get Might x1. = Why remove 30% atk spd and 30 %crit.rate?
  • Mercilessness will be changed: critical damage will increase with 20% in Rampant Anger status. = This can be usefull + the extra 0,5 crit dmg for ever lost hp.
  • Anyways so many changes hard to get a feeling how it will be.

Been cool if they add a Earth neckless or Ring to game so its possible to make a earth build.

Edited by Kazier (Elgore), 30 January 2017 - 06:59 AM.

#18 Shimanu (Elgore)

Shimanu (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

Been cool if they add a Earth neckless or Ring to game so its possible to make a earth build.

A/n Earth & Fire necklace would be a great suggestion , i bilieve , since there is only Air Necklace which im really confuse why only Air necklace and not the other 3 element's (water , fire , earth ) , also a Earth Ring is missing , hmmm suspicious wacko.png blink.png ph34r.png

#19 Flik (Elgore)

Flik (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:56 PM

There's a card that increases earth damage though. Was it for amulet?

#20 Godsu (Elgore)

Godsu (Elgore)

Heartless

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • LocationKarnaca

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:03 PM

There's a card that increases earth damage though. Was it for amulet?

yes 7% earth damage

" A true hunter never rests "

LqchOiW.png  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: class dark knight, talents, changes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users