#1 Wing (Elgore)

Wing (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:14 PM

So i was having some ideas about hunters pet. There is no real diversity most lv 50+ hunters know that a ranged tamed pet is the best since melee pets just honestly can't do anything and are just a waste. Granted there are those few hunters who do decide a melee pet, but they just end up swapping it out since it because it gets outclasses by like a Fireflykon. Right now level 50+ hunters really only choose a few pets. These pets are as followed Fireflykon, Cave Nastier, River Nastier, all the Solas, Huttler, Daggler, and some others that i can't remember right now. But the fast is no one is using melee pets since they get outclasses easily. My suggestion is making them just over all quicker when tamed since melee pets can't keep up most of the times to what ever the owner is trying to kill in pvp. Make them possibly a them a bit more bulk/tanky with a bit of less damage. Hunters are suppose to be friendly with all types of animals, but here it's only a selected few all being ranged. Hopefully this can be implemented later on in the future to get hunters more diversity for pets.

Edited by PhantomQuiver (Elgore), 04 February 2017 - 08:30 PM.

imageedit_1_7978229463.jpg

#2 Bodhisattva (Elgore)

Bodhisattva (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:00 PM

As a Hunter, these were the reasons as to why most players prefer range over melee pets:

For skills

There's a skill called Target that increases the damage of Long range attacks of the target.

For attributes

Most range pets have more HIT than most melee pets

For PvE

Hunters are always moving, since they attract monsters whenever they use basic attack or skills. It is quite inefficient for melee pets to attack the monsters where they're targeting with, unlike range pets where they're just standing and attacking the monsters that attack their owners.

Actually there are good melee pets for hunters (Croggs have an ability to decrease the hp of the target for 20% for 12 secs), but since these abilities will be canceled out when tamed they're deemed useless.

Lets be real, most of the hunters will assume that melee pets = tankers. But since the aggro of the monsters will be transferred to its owner once he/she attacks it, it is much better to just stick to range ones since they can attack with ease.

For PvP

for Hunter vs Hunter, they prefer range ones because the Dummy will just attract the melee pet unlike the range pets where they just mindlessly attack the hunter itself. That's why most hunters prefer long attack range for their pets.

for Hunter vs Others, I can't think of any reason for this since I usually don't pvp but I think the main reason is that most of their skills were AoE (Area of Effect) and they're always moving in which it is inefficient for melee pets to constantly move and attack rather than for range pets where they rarely move and constantly attacking.

• KiraQuest (Elgore) likes this

#3 Wing (Elgore)

Wing (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:38 PM

You do make many good points, but you still have to understand that hunters should have some diversity on taming pets. Possibly make the pet generate a bit more aggro to itself and not the owner. Separate aggro from the pet and the owner but still count the damage as the owner.

#4 Tiglion (Elgore)

Tiglion (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:10 PM

I don't have a Hunter, yet, but I have played a lot of pet classes over the years. The biggest issue with mixing a ranged class with a melee pet is that the pet will drag agro from around the target. Nothing like trying to get one target, and have 6 come at you. Since I don't have a Hunter yet, I am assuming they have about the same controls as the Sniper's Roland X does, offensive or defensive stance, attack your target, but nothing really under your control beyond that. Makes it hard to keep a handle on your pet if it is always running after the target. And with agro from the pet transferring to the Hunter, makes staying alive a bit more difficult.

On a side note, I am not a big fan of the agro transfer system in place. I can see gaining agro when healing a pet, or out-damaging a pet, but not for everything the pet does. Seems to me a bit counter-intuitive to a pet class.... unsure.png

#5 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationAlcatraZ

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:08 AM

Huttlers are amphibians and can't be tamed.

All characters have talents and things that can be used but aren't the best, so that goes for the hunter pets. You can always tame a Golden Scarab to troll around and tell your friends you tamed an Elite, but that doesn't mean it will be the best for the class.

It's already awesome that we have element boosts on the pets, it helps a lot on dungeons/dailies.

The only thing i miss is a Lv2 Chaos ranged pet. That would be great for PVE since you wouldn't need to switch everytime you wanted to farm at some spot.

If you need a support for tanking anything, you still aren't able to tank it. 

#6 Genius (Elgore)

Genius (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationNorth Korea

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:53 PM

noobs :)

Not a Genius

sSp4ucZ.jpg?1

#7 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:15 PM

Im currently trolling again, i tamed a tiny spider, sure its melee, but people freak out when they see the damage coming in, but dont know where its coming from (the tiny spider is already the smallest mob in the game, and gets even smaller when tamed, its funny)

Seriously though, i cant even find my own pet now

Also, ranged pets just react better, seeing they dont have to faceplant to attack someone

• Reikkan (Elgore) and Summerrr (Elgore) like this

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#8 Wing (Elgore)

Wing (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:45 PM

Im currently trolling again, i tamed a tiny spider, sure its melee, but people freak out when they see the damage coming in, but dont know where its coming from (the tiny spider is already the smallest mob in the game, and gets even smaller when tamed, its funny)

Seriously though, i cant even find my own pet now

Also, ranged pets just react better, seeing they dont have to faceplant to attack someone

That is actually pretty funny. I've never thought about that tacit. And since the targetting system is kinda weird for pets like that it seems like a great idea. I'll try it out haha. Thanks for the tip. At least have some fun.

#9 Wing (Elgore)

Wing (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:15 PM

http://images.akamai...AE4D43288EAFDF/ I feel like it's too small. What do you guys think :-D?

#10 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1383 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:28 PM

I just use it to troll, and i think its funny when people think i dont use a pet xD

But yeah, i switched to furious flykon again cause its looks awesome and still is one of the better pets in the game, along with most of the suckers, and the sola's

1 thing i do think is interesting, is that from what i see, melee pets deal more damage then ranged pets, because for them to hit, it takes way longer then any ranged pet (could just be me, even if it isnt true it would make for more diversity in the pets)

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hunter, pet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users