Photo

The Ultimate Thief?!? Will this even work?

thief speed dodge cooldowns fast quick no

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Seville (Elgore)

Seville (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Exciting

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:50 AM

I'm currently working on a thief build and would like to know if some of my assumptions are correct before I really go for it.

Stats with LVL 48 (My current Level) Gear with no buffs other than the Fortune aura (Also only at LVL 48 for the character)

M8cPed0.png

Cooldowns?

Does dexterity/attack speed affect cooldowns?

Dodge Effectiveness?

How good is dodge? 

Is it worth having a super high dodge or will it be useless at higher levels?

I have almost all the gear I need,I just need to get a few more cards and wax a few seals to be better than what they are right now.

I just wanted to get a few outside opinions on the stats of this build before I trash my current one (Just a pure low attack high defense tank thief)

Looking for that special piece of equipment?

Find out what it drops from here RQ DROP LIST

#2 Ragedrop (Elgore)

Ragedrop (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:02 PM

Hello, I can just give my personal Opinion here:

Cooldowns : Dex / atack speed does not affect them at all.

Dodge Effect : In general dodge works in a 1 vs 1 Situation if you really max it cause 1 single person rarely has enough burst to kill you within their own CC combo - once endgear arrives that becomes a different story.

Also since you are meele the high atackspeed coupled with no Health, small Heals and beeing right in anyones face (players or bosses) gets you killed in a heartbeat.

Just personal expirience with high Dex Meele Builds : Its amazing to look at the speed of the weapons - but it is an armor scratcher at most sadly.

We are Legion - Forged in Fire

Bathed in Blood - Encased in Iron

Rise and Conquer - Fight for Honor

Find Peace in Death - Onto Valhalla

Lay me to rest - I'll die with Honor 

#3 ShitPiecemage (Elgore)

ShitPiecemage (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:16 PM

In my opinion dodge is better than def now when it comes to PVP since Destructor card now is more common than me getting an orange seal.

How did you get 112 raw dodge? I must see your equipment. ph34r.png

-KLEIN Posted Image

#4 Godsu (Elgore)

Godsu (Elgore)

Pain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationKarnaca

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:53 PM

Dex can work in a sense that your weapons have good base attack speed by themselves and that you have good enough gear to not get cc-locked and die. My friend made this full out and had ~280 dex and 300% attack speed, I think he managed to get 20 hits a second laugh.png

Other than that its good for pve, and pvp you could be around 150-170% speed and still be good enough to dish out the damage with skills, as the skill speed is faster

" A true hunter never rests "

LqchOiW.png  

#5 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 02:44 AM

I don't have a thief leveled, but if I did have one leveled up all the way and was going full pve attack speed is what I'd be doing. Get a pipistrelle card, and all the vampirism seals, Rex everywhere else you can manage, and health/crit everywhwre else. This would result in a massive amount of attacls and health gained each second, especially because(as far as I know) vampirism seals prof on your offhand weapon, if that's a dagger....you're talking about hundreds of health a second, while obliterating you targets, the health allows for tanking :), you get chunked down, then super fast heal it back :)

#6 El-Violador (Elgore)

El-Violador (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:28 PM

Well, the dex is not a bad idea, works nice for pve, but in pvp... meh
Look, is kinda good because dex>dodge(each time u dodge an enemy hit u get 1 cunning) the heal of the thief needs cunning but the skills like sudden strike use cunning too, so the player needs to choose between attack or heal, but u would have much cunning everytime because of the dex, then u can use cunning for heal & attack speed, also with massacre skill would be nice.
Your problem would be the massive attacks & cc, but u can try passive "escape" and illusion cards.
This is nice vs warriors & assasins maybe, but other class have better massive skills that make them able to kill you, so u should try to get defense seals & dexterity, acorn seal is a perfect in this case.
Good luck : D

Edited by El-Violador (Elgore), 05 March 2017 - 08:32 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thief, speed, dodge, cooldowns, fast, quick, no

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users