#1 Eagle (Elgore)

Eagle (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:34 PM

1. Make sure the icon is .png 48x48 (pixels) and 32 bit
  2. Put the image at (c: > program files > steam > Steam apps > Common > royal quest (just in the game folder. Does not have to be in a folder within the game files.) )
  3. Save icon as "guild.png" and make sure it's saved as a .png file

4. Log in to the game and press "G" to open the guild menu
  5. Click the fist icon in the upper left (guild icon) and it should say that the file is successfully uploaded
  6. Wait for an Admin to approve of the image (usually takes 24 hrs) and the next time you log in you should see your icon. 

There's many photo editing software you can use such as Paint, Photoshop and Paint.net 

• Malleus and SourDee (Elgore) like this

Kiss me

#2 M-Aim (Elgore)

M-Aim (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLatinAmerica (Venezuela)

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:31 PM

Great and fast tutorial, very appreciated...

#3 Draakdorei (Elgore)

Draakdorei (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:34 PM

The icon also needs to be named "guild". Not your guild's name in-game...just the word "guild".

#4 Xeffer (Elgore)

Xeffer (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:14 AM

how do you make it transparent?! hmm?

rWmcFpT.jpg

" I am a shadow. i have no name"

#5 Yssen (Elgore)

Yssen (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:44 AM

Xeffer, are you asking how to add transparency to a png, or are you suggesting there's something special to transparency in a guild emblem?

I'll assume you're asking the former. Since this is dependent on the tool you're using, let's assume you're using Pixlr (http://apps.pixlr.com/editor/). Let's also assume everything Eagle posted above is true.

1. From the load screen, select "Create a new image"
  2. On the New image dialog, change Name: to "guild" (no quotes), and change Height and Width to 48.
  3. Check the box labeled Transparent, then press OK

You now have a 48x48 transparent layer to work with. The first thing you want to do is go over to the Layers panel on the far right, Right-Click on Layer 0, and select Duplicate Layer. This will give you a new layer named Layer 0 copy. This is the layer you'll want to draw your picture on. If you're not used to working with layered image editing tools, play around with this a while and get used to how the layers and the transparency work.

Once you're done with your image, select File > Save, make sure you're on My Computer, and change Format to PNG.

Couple pointers

• If you see the small gray and white checked pattern, that area is transparent. If you see solid white with no checks, that area is white. Use the eraser to remove it, and it should become transparent (at least, on that layer).
  • Layers stack on one another. Whichever layer is at the top of the list in the panel will draw over all layers below it. You an test this by drawing a red line on one layer and blue line on the other to form an X. Move the layers up and down in the list to see how the overlay changes.
  • Whichever Layer you have selected in the list is the one you're editing. If you're trying to erase something and it isn't going away, you probably have the wrong Layer selected.

Good luck!

• Malleus likes this

#6 Xeffer (Elgore)

Xeffer (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:04 PM

Xeffer, are you asking how to add transparency to a png, or are you suggesting there's something special to transparency in a guild emblem?

I'll assume you're asking the former. Since this is dependent on the tool you're using, let's assume you're using Pixlr (http://apps.pixlr.com/editor/). Let's also assume everything Eagle posted above is true.

1. From the load screen, select "Create a new image"
  2. On the New image dialog, change Name: to "guild" (no quotes), and change Height and Width to 48.
  3. Check the box labeled Transparent, then press OK

You now have a 48x48 transparent layer to work with. The first thing you want to do is go over to the Layers panel on the far right, Right-Click on Layer 0, and select Duplicate Layer. This will give you a new layer named Layer 0 copy. This is the layer you'll want to draw your picture on. If you're not used to working with layered image editing tools, play around with this a while and get used to how the layers and the transparency work.

Once you're done with your image, select File > Save, make sure you're on My Computer, and change Format to PNG.

Couple pointers

• If you see the small gray and white checked pattern, that area is transparent. If you see solid white with no checks, that area is white. Use the eraser to remove it, and it should become transparent (at least, on that layer).
  • Layers stack on one another. Whichever layer is at the top of the list in the panel will draw over all layers below it. You an test this by drawing a red line on one layer and blue line on the other to form an X. Move the layers up and down in the list to see how the overlay changes.
  • Whichever Layer you have selected in the list is the one you're editing. If you're trying to erase something and it isn't going away, you probably have the wrong Layer selected.

Good luck!

Thank you for your kindness.. i will try my best.. :D im not in to this kind of things tho.. but yeah ill try this is my 1st time editing a guild emblem :3 hohoho

rWmcFpT.jpg

" I am a shadow. i have no name"

#7 DasWood (Elgore)

DasWood (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:01 PM

PNG has built in alpha transparency support. 

#8 Droog (Elgore)

Droog (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:02 AM

Wish there was a preview - don't you have to wait another 24 hrs - approval?

#9 Eagle (Elgore)

Eagle (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:07 AM

Normally yes, 24 hours till you see your emblem in game

Kiss me

#10 X-Zone (Elgore)

X-Zone (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:06 AM

You can..here is the solution..change your background wallpaper to something which will have little dark as well as little light part......make a folder on desktop by the name of guild whichever is your guild and place the png file left side to it....assume you are watching your guild name in game and that's gonna be your logo..watch on both side dark side as well as on light side..the name and image looks exactly same inside the game when it gets uploaded..lol..this is how you can choose 1 awesomee guild emblem out of so many by just playing on desktop

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.

#11 X-Zone (Elgore)

X-Zone (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:07 AM

Note> the reasoni said light and dark both because you will get more clear picture...do not set it as complete white

#12 X-Zone (Elgore)

X-Zone (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:08 AM

Normally yes, 24 hours till you see your emblem in game

sometimes it may take more..mine took 3 days

#13 X-Zone (Elgore)

X-Zone (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:10 AM

sometimes it may take half an hour only....my 2nd guild took only that time (am not kidding you can ask yume...she was there to witness that) it depends on timings thats all

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guild, emblem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users