12 replies to this topic

#1 Leafay (Elgore)

Leafay (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:49 AM

Hi All & Happy to be here playing such a fun game!

I'm a true 1st timer 1st timer in this game (not a newbie-posing pro :D ), only first playing MMOs since March and having a TERRIBLE time trying to make Crusader to level on. When I do the Crusader initiation in the dungeon I get bitten to death by bats or hacked up by skeleton before I even make it out of the gate, and if I do the alternative initiation route fetching caustic acid in the sewers, I keep nipped and bitten by poison insects. All my time hacking Evil Eyes and Hungry Thorns never prepared me for all that and leaves me wondering where did all my hard leveling go wrong?? :(

I never thought I'd be getting into this game this deep to kill time, but looks like I've been bit by the arbitrary way I toyed my level up stats. :(   All I wish is for a Obi Wan to join me on this Crusader initiation mission to show me the right moves to hit the bugs and baddies back and what to use! I won't skim your drops or prizes. I just want to learn how handle tough situations. I'll be your knight friend 4ever! ;)  Onigiri gamers told me that I might have to tweak my stats to fix my situation and to list them for you to advise me how and what since they mean nothing to them:

Level 20

Basic weapons: Enhanced Samurai sword and Enhanced Wanders heavy sword.

Health 2568/2568
Energy 130/130
Strength 29
Dexterity 30
Stamina 23
Luck 7

Hercules 100%
Dodger 0%
Athlete 25%
Lucky Dog 75%

Attack 133
Attack Speed 115
Defense 64
Hit 60
Flee 60
Chance of Critical 4.3
Critical Hit Strength 150

Thanks for any help or hint! I really wish to learn these games and score high in MMOs which I never thought were this interesting before! To the mods and developers of this game, a great thank you!

Leafay

#2 Candyman (Elgore)

Candyman (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationBountyland

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:19 AM

Dexterity is useless, respec and keep stamina and strength a as 1:1 as you can , unless your dexterity is cause of equipment bonuses then ignore me lol ,  get as many of your gears to +4 or +5 for extra defense. just kill the mob groups one at a time, eat food when you can, and keep yourself buffed. That really all I can say to help xD

• Kuiba (Elgore) likes this
~When one points their finger to the moon,

Oh ye fool,
Shall gaze upon the fingertip.~

#3 Kuiba (Elgore)

Kuiba (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:57 AM

upgrade your armors a bit to like +3 or +4 which should be cheap. dump it half and half into stam and strength. thats really all you need to do to get through that quest :3

wrote that without looking at candys post z.z

• Candyman (Elgore) likes this

2q1uw53.png

#4 Leafay (Elgore)

Leafay (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:40 PM

Thanks very much Candyman & Kuiba!:)

When you say upgrade your armor do you mean like your shield and Wolf Boot and Wolf Jacket and Wolf Britches, etc? I don't think I can buy shining armor my size or any yet if that's what I need. :D  I also can't find any way to move my Dex stats into Strength and Stamina as you suggest. I can see them but there doesn't seem to be any way to actually change them. I did try to grind up Evil Eyes and Thorns and Scarecrows to get another King's treasure chest and hope something came to help me but it was just more gold and a magic nature book. :(

Again, thanks for any hints!

Take care!

Leafay

#5 Zhonie (Elgore)

Zhonie (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationProntera, north Kafra

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:19 PM

To reset your stats, just go to any initial village and buy a Mandrake Leaflet for talent reset or Black Mandrake Leaflet to reset your attributes. 700g each, and you can use only on levels 1-20  ;)

If you like some dex on your build, reset your stats to pick only stamina and strenght to be able to pass the test, then you reset again after job change and return to the original one.

"Let strength be granted so the world might be mended..."

#6 Yssen (Elgore)

Yssen (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:19 AM

Leafay, what they meant by upgrade your armor is to use the guy in town to add +x modifiers to your armor. You should have had a quest for it. If that doesn't sound familiar, go back to the starting town and look for a guy standing next to a big round purple thing. Sorry, not in game at the moment and can't remember the names... But he allows you to upgrade your items.

Like Kuiba and Candy said though, just split your stat points evenly into Strength and Stamina, nothing else. Using that, even without modified gear, you should be able to get through that boss fight using only 1 potion. Remember to use your defensive skills too, not just attack. I think I had half wolf, half pickpocket when I finished that quest.

#7 Droog (Elgore)

Droog (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:02 PM

A lot of ppl had issue with this one, there was some helpful info in the warrior section plus reseting your stats using mandrake leaflets before hitting 21 helps lots getting through the mobs and boss fights

#8 CottoneyePyrn (Elgore)

CottoneyePyrn (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:27 PM

Crusaders are mainly tanks. You'll want to focus on using shields (they're more valuable than you think) and make sure you put atleast 50 stat points into Stam. Whether you want to be a full-on tank or deal some extra damage first, it all depends on your own playstyle. However, you'll be able to cap both Strength and Stam (100 stat points is cap for each, as far as devoting points goes) as you level.

It's also VERY important for Crusaders to utilize mounts. I can't stress this enough. Join a guild where high level players can give you some good equips for level 20 onward, including mounts and spears. 

Lastly, it is important to understand that this game forces EVERY class to grind. It's good, though, that Crusaders aren't one of the squishiest classes, no matter their build. If you chose DK, you might get a bit of trouble. As a Crusader, you won't (unless you put everything/anything into Dex).

--

The above is for when you become a Crusader. However, you can still follow some of that advice to finish the initiation quests. Like has been said already, put points in Str and Stam. Use shields. Enhance equipment. Focus on talents that go well with Crus builds. And if you still can't do it, do the grass quest (if it's available).

#9 X-Zone (Elgore)

X-Zone (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:18 AM

ok here is the thing.....i defeated that boss 4 times since i created 4 DK's in royal quest history..let me share my experience 

my 1st DK..the ratio was              str = 5  stam= 2 and luck = 1   per 2 levels             faced real hard time but cleared the boss (had to use 1 hp pot and 1 energy pot)

my 2nd Dk..the ratio was             str = 3  stam = 1 per level                                      compared to 1st try it was easy but still had to use 1 hp pot..no energy pots this time

my 3rd DK which i am playing right now in elgore as X-Zone        Str= 4  dex,stam and luck = 0          Defeated boss WITHOUT pots (Note> its extreme you need skills to kill..i will still say require 1 hp pot because i was almost about to die)

my 4th DK which i am playing right now in maragore as Danger-Zone  Str = 3  luck = 1 per level       (Perfect killing) beat down the boss without using pots..5-8 % health was still remaining

Note > Don't think about survival in early game..lol...you just making grinding more time consuming with less attack..you won't need survival from low level creeps..you need pure attack to smash them in 1 blow and move on (always go for low level creeps because there is no such thing called as power grinding for DK..more xp and fast xp from low levels than higher levels)(Pure PvE build..Don't PvP..you will just die because of low stam)

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.

#10 Besenviech (Elgore)

Besenviech (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:36 AM

ok here is the thing.....i defeated that boss 4 times since i created 4 DK's in royal quest history..let me share my experience

This thread is about Crusader.

#11 X-Zone (Elgore)

X-Zone (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:37 AM

This thread is about Crusader.

oh..but before choosing class i thought DK and crus both have same boss when you face as a warrior..my mistake...!!!

#12 TheTwister (Elgore)

TheTwister (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:39 AM

X-Zone... stop reviving dead topics dude =| the last reply on this one was 14 september 2014... =|

#13 X-Zone (Elgore)

X-Zone (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:10 AM

X-Zone... stop reviving dead topics dude =| the last reply on this one was 14 september 2014... =|

sorry dude..il ljust go and and rply on some latest cyanide news :-D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crusader, leafay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users