• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:46 PM

This Topic will contain Future ideas for the Assassin class. (Not sure if this topic should be here or Suggestions and feedback).

To start I ask that this topic gets thoughtful and knowledgeable responses not the sins are "op" or "nerf" them. That doesn't help the developers change the class.

The Assassin

The Assassin class is known for its High Critical Hits, High Burst Damage, Low Defense, and Stealth. As of now in Royal Quest Assassins are not fulfilling that job. Other features include DoT skills and immobilizing the enemy. Assassins specialize in quickly bursting down an enemy or even killing. With current changes they are unable to do so.

Stealth Changes

Stealth was very important for Assassins. It allowed them to sneak up on an unsuspecting target and quickly naturalize it. Now in Royal Quest the stealth is broken. Every class in the game can see us when we get near. It ruins the element of surprise. Many patches ago combos where made based upon the old stealth system. Even Shadow Strike the Assassins most prized skill was nerfed greatly. The skill is close to useless now it was very strong when used in stealth mode. Each cunning making it stronger and stronger. Assassins still have access to stealth the skill Withdrawal into Shadow. It allow for us to enter while in combat. Its nice but not much effective because everyone can see you anyways. What makes it worse is that other classes can use Stealth. That feature should have never left the Rouge class. No other class specializes in stealth. Not even hunters. Stealth was the only thing to protect us. We do not have heals or defense. Yet it was taken from us. Stealth was all we had to protect us.

The Assassins have a good bit of skills. They need to be reworked. Make it so Stealth game play and attacks are usable again. Skills need to deal more damage while in stealth. Even cause immobilization of the enemy when using the skills and leaving stealth mode. Add back stab and stealthy blow features. The Dodge and Attack Speed system is broken too. Those are no longer viable for end game. The whole Perfidy tree needs to see change. Allow assassins to ignore more of the enemy defense. The other dodge talents are not currently usable.

Damage Change and Critical Hit

Assassins love burst damage and high crits. We live and breath this. Now its not the case. We are in need of reworks here. Its not the same kick anymore. Others classes have so many heals and defense features we just cant break it anymore. Assassins lack the ability to quickly burst someone low on hp. A full combo on any good player is not enough now. The damage needs to see increase. Critical Hit too. Its hard to tell if it really works now. I have 234% crit hit if i add 10 crit hit or take off 10 i can see the difference. While if i change 1 seal for an attack seal i will see a better change. So is Crit broken too? Pure damage is better than Crit hit?
A lot of change needs to take place. Add talents and skills that break the enemy defense more. The current way is not enough. All the classes have too many ways to protect themselves. We need better burst dps. A full combo will not work. Not to mention all armor spiting and decrease defense skills are cleansed fast. Render it non viable.

Defense

Defense we do not need defense. We do not need heals. I`m not asking to make Assassins the new "god" class. We shouldn't be tanks. We are supposed to Kill and get out of the way via stealth mode. I do however think Assassins deserve the king of Burst DPS. Assassin don`t have that title anymore. DK with 1 combo and kill most people on the server. It just crazy. Assassin are supposed to be High Fast Damage and Low Defense its not the case in Royal Quest and it should change asap.

ph34r.png These are just word walls. Latter i can post actually skill and talent rework suggestions. Actual numbers and figures. ph34r.png

Assassin Gear Changes.

Another issue with the assassin is the gear. We can only wear few items. This is understandable. Yet its limited to few items. The Ghost Gear set for example. It mainly gives Dex,Dodge, some stamina, and sometimes energy which is odd. Those gear items are not really effective for game play. Most assassin builds being full crit or elemental builds. Since dodge and Dex builds are not effective they are not used anymore. Thus we resort to using other items. Such as tomb raider greaves, AK gloves, and even a variety of boots.
I suggest add more gear that provides the assassin with extra Crit Hit, Strength, Stamina, even luck. I know the Crusaders have access to gear items with crit. I am not sure why. Assassin should have this option too. Allow for more play styles. DoT time builds, Elemental , Dodge/dex, and Crit builds. These need to be made into more viable builds. A lot of gear needs to be changed. The wild buffalo hat is end game and quite rare. Yet only 3% crit hit and +240 health. For a lvl 57 hat that is a little sad. You would expect a little more hp and even crit. Small things like that. Many classes have the same issues. All these End game gear items with bad attributes.

These small changes are need. All classes would be better if gear items actually allowed you to make a viable build. The endgame assassin gear with dex, and dodge doesn't help. Of course if you wanted to be dodge then it would be nice. Its been tested. Long ago we all said it was not an option for assassins.wacko.png

To sum it up.

*Change Talents and Skills

*Change gear Items add or change existing ones

*Add more play styles

*Need better dps and crits

I will post rework examples soon. wub.png

I will write down every gear option, talent,skill assassin have at there disposal if i have too.ph34r.pngblink.png Maybe these reworks will lift up our fallen brothers too. As Reikkan calls them our (Depressed Assassins) i would get drunk too if my talents/skills were that bad.

Fellow Assassin what are your thoughts. This game... This game has taken our lands..Its lay in ruins and overrun with monsters... (forest of shadows).. They have Taken our pride... Taken all that we hold dear...(dps and stealth). Now its time to retake what is rightfully ours!!!!
wub.pngwub.pngwub.png
Royal Quest Developers The Assassins are here we will take back this game!!!!!!!

~DarksKiss

You can see us now. You can hear us coming. Soon that will all change. The assassin will reclaim the Shadow World.. This is our HOME!ph34r.png

Edited by DarksKiss (Elgore), 07 March 2017 - 01:39 AM.

• Solsagan (Elgore), Wing (Elgore), Aion (Elgore) and 6 others like this

#2 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:59 AM

Thanks for bringing this matter Dark, when i have time i'll prepare a post to put here. I agree in most things you've said. I have a few ideas too, maybe we could discuss them.

• DarksKiss (Elgore) likes this
First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#3 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:06 AM

First i'd like to say my thoughts on the current assassin situation on RQ and then my ideas.

@ Survival

We weren't designed to be tanky, but nowadays on group fights we are better tankers than killers. We have 1 heal or 2 if we get vampire strike tree, our blind bomb is not effective, and our "defensive" skills are based on dodge ( a thing that was nerfed to us long ago). I agree with Dark that we don't need more healing or deffense, before stealth nerf stealth itself was our way to survive on battles /duels, but the way the whole thing is right now is depressing.

Here are my thoughts / ideas for survival

1 - We need stealth back, and if we get it, it can't be right now that people see you coming to get them. There is no logic on being invisible if ranged people can see you from distance or melee people can see you if they're close enough. With this you're not inv, you're just there living an illusion that no one is seeing you.

2 - Blind bomb could make us to enter on a temporary stealth mode to players who were caught on it. E.g. i throw blind bomb on 4 players and to these 4 players i'm in sleath for a few seconds, decreasing their hit too.

3 - Detoxification could be able to be used when you're on stun,silence,cold or fear just like warriors can use perfect protection

4 - following the logic that you can't hit a ghost, ghost form could work as a way to prevent damage for a short period of seconds, like 3s tops.
At this state you wouldn't receive no damage or healing(to be fair ).

5 - Dots (bleeding mostly) could work as way of "life stealing" when the damage dealth from bleeind could be converted as healing to the assassin.

Note: My ideal is to get 1 or 2 of these features max, i want a balanced class.

@damage

This is where we are being left behind. As Dark said and everyone can see, we can't do our jobs like before. I feel like any other class grew up stronger in matters of damage and defense while we (and thieves/sniper too but they're not the focus here) kept going without positive major changes, just nerfs. When shadow strike stopped being boosted by cunning i seriously thought on removing all my cards and put into my DK, but with this i'd be following everyone else, a thing that i don't like to do so i kept going anyways.

The thing is, before assasins used to kill or get real close to kill anyone with a well executed combo, today you'll barely make them hit half bar or triggle second winds. They also put a stealth feature on shadow strike, but that's worthless because in order to apply +15% damage received debuff we need to sacrifice our ONLY way to stay alive, and even if you go all in it's not even guaranteed that you gonna kill the target.

Here are a few suggestions to damage

1 - We need shadow strike back, if not boosted by cunning then the damage could be the same as full cunning but with a slightly higher cost of energy

2 - Poison skills like adder strike and toxic cloud could deal more damage if the assassin is using curare.

3 - Bleeding could decrease enemie's healing

4 - Poison could decrease enemie's attack, since when poisoned a person doesn't work well.

5 - Shadow dungeon passive bonus should be on an offensive tree as poison or murderer, since perfidy is more of a deffensive tree or at the beginning of perfidy. Perfidy is useless, in order to get the good talents (shadow dungeon and cold blood ) you need to get a bunch of useless dodge talents that don't even worth.

6 - Murderer tree is left behind, only a few talents are good, and heartstruk should be a common skill because just as pefidy it doesn't worth getting all the talents before in order to get this one. Maybe a repositioning of talents (like dk patch) could be done here in order to build full damage assassins, or full elemental.

7 - We could have a throwing dagger skill

Again, these are just suggestions, and as survival i don't want them all, the goal is to get a balanced class that can still do the job it was designed for.

Anyway, this is what i can think for now, later if more people post we can discuss alternative builds, gear set, etc.

I'll correct any misspelling later, i'm too tired to do it now. So if you see any, just chill.

Edited by Solsagan (Elgore), 07 March 2017 - 04:10 AM.

• DarksKiss (Elgore) and WooCash (Elgore) like this
First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#4 Wing (Elgore)

Wing (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:15 AM

(/^.^)/ just let the class burn until the devs run low on cash and buff it to the point where it gets cashed like dk's after the update

Edited by PhantomQuiver (Elgore), 07 March 2017 - 03:15 AM.

• Khyaran (Elgore) likes this

imageedit_1_7978229463.jpg

#5 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:31 PM

Before I add more talent idea's latter today. We want to see balance in the classes. Player skill should be needed to win. Combos need to have good use again. Don't make Assassins mash any skill and win type deal. Like the last reworks.(DK,Hunter,Sorc mash feast).

Make it so that player skills and strategies are required to be good. Good player skill and acceptable talent/skill reworks will make the Assassin class better. I don't want to see 80% of the server playing the class just because high damage and no skill from the player required. This class is not for noobs lmao. Go play Sorc and DK for that.

Royal Quest Developers stop with the easy mode unlocked aka god classes. All of the current reworked class are not balanced. Anyone can play them and smash a few skills and win. That shouldn't happen. I don't know which class is going to be changed next but stop with the god mode updates. That will not achieve class balance.

I like the idea of a throwing dagger skill. We already have bombs that give range attacks to a certain degree. So throwing daggers is a good skill for assassins.

It can be used many ways. A simple dagger attack. Or If our stealth system gets reworked it can be used as an finishing blow attack. While in stealth mode it deals more dmg. Lower the enemy hp the more %dmg. Anything like that would be cool.
It doesn't even have to be strong. A dagger throw that does normal dmg. It would be nice to have added effects, such as extra dmg in stealth, armor breaking, or decrease defense. A lot can be done with this.

#6 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationBright Shield

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:42 PM

I don't know if my thoughts are welcome here, but i'll try to be reasonable and give my vision about Assassins and what I think they should have to be back to the game.

Before anything: Devs won't remove Second Winds, so we have to think on Assassin already dealing with their existence.

1: There is no reason for a common class to see Stealthy characters. We already have Snipers and Hunters with Eagle Eye to deal with invisible Assassins. That stealth rework just messed up team compositions and rendered Rogues unarmed in the middle of a gun fight. Give Stealth back and buff the Eagle Eye and Shadow Eye (passive talent on Assassin tree) to make sure we have ways to counterplay (other than predicting, of course);

2: Assassins are meant to know critical spots to kill a person efficiently. A simple way to deal with so many supportive buffs nowadays is to give the Assassin some "Critical Spot" features. Hitting a target with a positive buff could deal a % of the damage as True damage (meaning that part of damage won't be reduced by anything but PVP resist). That could easily replace the Shadow Dungeon passive (since Defense is worthless on PVP anyway) and be moved to a more agressive tree (I suggest Murderer, because that's for murdering people xD). Perfidy is meant to be chosen by assassins dedicated to survive, deceive and harass enemies - not just killing them.

3: Ghosts are fast moving and Ghost form is something used to deceive an enemy and force them to lose track of you. Maybe Ghost Form could reset all the "moving" skills from the Assassin, including Leap, Shadow Leap and the one I forgot the name (You jump on the enemy back. Help me guys). That would give the Assassins more ways to reposition while still keeping the "Fast fingers" game style.

4: Assassins needs more ways to poison and make the enemy bleed. One of the highest damage you can deal nowadays as an Assassin is using the double Killer strike combo, but that combo is too slow and often people get negative effects cleansed - That means we can't rely on Poisoning to deal damage. That kills a good part of the possible gameplays on assassin and I think that poison tree needs to add some "Open Wounds" and "Venomous Bite" passives for some skills. Specially if it requires a Dagger to work, because double-dagger fits the purpose of mimicking Snake Fangs. Also, the combo goes faster for more poison/bleeding stacks. 10/10.

I think that having access to True Damage or more Poisoning could help on killing targets, True Damage helps against squishies (that are probably going to be supported) and Poisoning would help on prolonged fights against tanky-ish classes. Makes sense to me.

In the end: I'm not an Assassin but that's what I see on the class. Maybe i'm completely wrong, but don't be mad at me, i'm just sharing my thoughts. biggrin.png

Good luck on your quest to have the Assassin back on the game.

• DarksKiss (Elgore) and WooCash (Elgore) like this

If you need a support for tanking anything, you still aren't able to tank it. 

#7 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:17 PM

Assassin Talents

(A lot of Talents are useless and need to be changed. Below are some ideas.)

Thievish Tricks ~Game Version 1.0.094

FIllkSk.jpg

As of now in the game these are the 12 talents Assassins and Thieves have to choose from. 

I suggest some of them be reworked. A lot of the talents are useless. 

1Stronger Charge vs Fencing

Both of these talents are quite nice. Stronger Charge is very nice when fighting large amounts of mobs in (Pve). While its not really good for (Pvp). Fencing is almost always the skill used unless a full (Pve) build is being used, even then its rare. It gives players the option to use both. Its nice. However as you know many players have agreed the rouge class lacks high dps we used to see early in the game. 

I suggest keep Stronger Charge the same and for Fencing increase the damage dealt with Sudden Strike and Lunge.(its 12% now. Maybe change it to 15% or more if needed.)  Also Fencing only works for 2 skillsSudden Strike is not even a main skill now. Perhaps add Adder Strike to the description too. Adder Strike being our new main skill also our strongest attack. 

2. Insatiable Thirsts vs Saboteur

These two talents are like above 1 is good for (Pvp) while the other does better in (Pvp) The Insatiable Thirst talent allows for Gold Lust to gain 2 cunning. Its was very nice. It the older days it was used along side a combo to deal great amounts damage. Now that skill is not good. The Sudden Strike skill is a waste before each cunning allowed for it to deal more damage. Now that has changed. Now days I think the Saboteur ability to use Vulnerability is more effective in (Pvp) situation instead of the Insatiable Skill.  

A possible change would to give Insatiable Thirst  some kind of Vulnerability feature. For example ( The target under the affect of Gold Lust take 4-8% more damage.  It would also retain the ability give the Rouge 2 cunning. )

3. Shadow Lurker vs Slyboots

Shadow lurker talent kinda got ruined when the Stealth Patch was introduced and knocked Rouges off there feet.  As for Slyboots why does this Talent even exist here????? No one uses it and it doesnt have a place here. That is why all use Shadow Lurker

The only change i can think of is to remove Slyboots. Replace it with a new talent that gives %Critical Hit or even Luck.  The dodge is not needed. Its a wasted Talent on this tree. 

~Sucker Punches~ Its skill is still very nice to have. No change needed.

4, Deep Freezing vs Silent Run

These two skills are both nice. Better said they were nice. Again when another patch hit its ruined the Rouges. (what is up with that????) The (CC) rework patch sort of messed up Deep Freezing passive bonus. Now every other class has a better freeze skill that the Rouges Ice Bomb. Silent Run is very nice in (Pve) and Deep Freezing is still commonly used talent.

I suggest increase the freeze duration from 1.5 sec to 3.0 or even add another feature. While frozen the target receives more damage. Something like that.

5. Spider Poison vs Poisoned Wounds

These two talents are very nice. However they seem to be in the wrong place. Assassins have a whole Talent Tree dedicated for poison. Why not move these two talents to the Poison Talent tree. With these two Talents being moved to a better tree. Create two new talents that will better be used for Rouges. Remember Assassins and Thieves can both use this Talent Tree. Maybe a Talent that gives Hit, Luck, Critical Hit, anything would be nice. 

Both are very good Talents. Its just they do not belong on this tree. 

~Magic Bomb~  

This talent was the only reason most of us even bothered to use this talent tree. Again it was ruined in a patch. The whole (Terror) feature kinda made this skill less desirable. A well place Magic Bomb could change the coarse of the battle. Now when used players or mobs just run in random places. It defeats the use of player skill and tactics. 

Its seems the Stealth, CC and Sudden Strike patches kinda destroyed the Rouges. Half of these talents are no longer used. They need to be updated and changed to fit the new systems in place. All of these "Class Balance" changes keep striking down the Rouges and Assassins.  Assassin lack ways to quickly burst damage the enemy. 

The other 3 Talent Trees will be added latter.

Coming Soon ~Murder , Poison, Perfidy~

Restore the Assassins. Others share your ideas on the Talents and Skills that need to changed in order to accommodate the past changes. 

~DarksKiss

Edited by DarksKiss (Elgore), 25 March 2017 - 08:22 PM.

• WooCash (Elgore) likes this

#8 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:15 AM

Assassin Talents

(Part 2)

Murder ~ Game Version 1.0.094

AkH2iTa.jpg

This Talent tree is very nice. As of now i can only think of a few small changes.

1. Deadly Dance vs Vendetta

Deadly Dance is a very important skill for the assassins it provides a little protection. Vendetta is never used because compared to Deadly Dance is weak. 

Possible changes change Deadly Dance protection from 1 sec to 3 sec. Vendetta needs to be completely changed. This talent tree needs to be build on burst damage. Change Vendetta to give higher Critical Hit as a passive bonus.  Deadly Dance talent will offer a little defense while Vendetta should encourage the assassin to go for a higher (dps) build and lower defense. I`m not saying make Assassins god class but give us the option to choose between high damage talents or sacrifice high damage for a little protection. 

2. Scent of Blood vs Born Killer

Scent of Blood no changed that i can think of. I do however want to point out Born Killer.

Born Killer is limited to Katars. Thus this skill is limited to one type of build. The Katar builds are becoming less popular in (PvP). Lacerating Claws and Ripper are the two skills gained when using Claws. Yet in any battle no one can get full Ripper to work. It makes this talent and even claws less desirable in (PvP). (PvE) claws still dominate the game. Encourage the Assassin to try new builds. 

3. Shredding vs Intolerable Pain 

Shredding has the same issue above like Born Killer. 

As for Intolerable Pain its a scary name alright but it doesn't do much. It causes pain that alone is not too helpful. Perhaps rework it to deal bleeding or lower the enemy's healing % like ailment. This talent should strike fear into all who meet the assassin. If this happens just add a longer cool down timer to help balance it.

~Vortex of Strikes~

No change that i can see. Its a very nice talent.

4.Snake Dexterity vs Living Bomb

Living Bomb nothing needs to be changed. The Snake Dexterity Change!!.

Again Snake Dexterity is one of those random talents placed in a good talent tree. This tree allows for the Assassin to deal really good damage then this random talent ruins it. Instead of dodge change it to give Critical Hit, Luck, Critical Change. Anything is better. As of now that talent is another old one that will never be used. 

5. Deadly Blows vs Murder Feast

As of now no reworks needed on these too. Both give viable options. Damage or the chance to receive energy. Both talents allowing for new options.

~ Heartstruck ~

This skill also is very good. This doesn't need rework either. I like to call it the (Anti Sorc-Tank build) haha..ph34r.png Its great for stopping heals.

Again do note. I`m not saying super buff assassins. Just give us back talents that are actually viable for both (PvP) and (PvE). We need our burst damage back. Murder Talent Tree is the best option for high damage and crits. 

Poison Tree is more of a (DoT) tree. Perfidy has 2 options. Make it the (Dex/dodge option) and/or the Ignore defense talent tree. After all most the current talents on that tree involve Dodge and Ignore defense type talents.wub.png

The last two talent trees will also have there own post too. Coming soon. Poison and  Perfidy ph34r.png

~DarksKiss

#9 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:25 PM

Comments on part 1:

1 - Agreed, we need a main skills since shadow strike was taken from us, sudden strike is doing the job for now but it's not even close to be effective, if fencing increase it's damage too it's something to start.

2 - Disagree, in the perfidy three there's a talent increasing 7% damage on targerts under the gold lust effect, and also gold lust increases 30% crit chance. The way it is now is a "must have" talent to combo with perfidy's talent: you get 2 cunnings (cunning still increases sudden strike's damage.) 30% crit chance and +7% damage just pressing 1 button. The difference between them is that one applies more damage to a single target, and the other to more(6 seconds only tho)

3 - Agreed, slyboots is worthless.

4 - Now that we barely can use stealth, maybe we should get silent run for free and a new talent should appear there. Deep freeze is better, but i don't know about increasing damage on frozen targets, cold blood in perfidy's tree already does that, but again, you need to waste a bunch of points. maybe cold blood should be where the poison talents are on this tree, so you could get both deep freezing and cold blood.

5 - Agreed, those talents work more for assassins than theives, they should be in poison tree, and in their place maybe 2 from perfidy (cold blood and any other) as i suggested on item 4.

Magic bomb: Still good, applies 2 types of dots and the fear can be used to stop enemie's attack/engage. I agree that the fear change was messed up, but you still need to know how to use because of the cc change, so it's possible to use magic bomb and don't apply fear if you don't use it right.

i'll comment and suggest on part 2 later.

Edited by Solsagan (Elgore), 27 March 2017 - 12:28 PM.

- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#10 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:30 AM

Comments and suggestions on part 2:

1 - Both are good talents. In the old days when bombs and healing cd was low, vendetta was clearly the best option. Now almost all ccs are large so we need to get blade dance instead, if not we're dead for sure. Those talents should be on different levels in the murder tree, having to choose between one of them these days already makes us choose between damage or survival, and we need both, specially now.

2 - Agreed, katars are only good to pvp if you have 3 mega irex to put into them, but daggers are still better with the whole package. I suggest to change Lacerating Claws for Bloody Strike or Lunge(or any throwing dagger skill if we get one). Plus riper isn't really that good to pvp because there's a glitch that makes the target move without getting locked or receiving damage:  here is the link from a video i've made about it.

3 - Intorelable pain used to lock the target for a few seconds, today this wouldn't work well because of the new cc rules, maybe some extra damage to certain skills or some feature just like the one from Heartstruck would make more sense.

4 - Neither of them are good talents imo. Snake Dexterity could increase movement speed instead of dodge, or maybe decrease the cd from Chase. Living Bomb idk what to change, i don't think it's a good talent but i also don't have any idea to suggest here.

5 - Deadly Blows could increase damage from bleeding skills in something between 5~10%, the bleeding damage itself isn't that good, 15% more doesn't change much. Murder Feast could work as a "life stealing skill" that would heal the assassin in 5% of the damage dealt instead of energy.

Heartstruck: it's quite good, but only against classes with a lower number of healing skills. Against mages and crusaders isn't that effective seeing they have more than 1 way of healing themselves. But i don't think this should be changed, there are other ways to counter mages and crusaders on teamfights.

Again, just like you i don't want an OP class, so these features shouldn't be put together, maybe a few of them to keep the balance.

Edited by Solsagan (Elgore), 28 March 2017 - 12:35 AM.

- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#11 Neanderthal (Elgore)

Neanderthal (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:34 AM

Hey Everyone,

Has there been any change with the Assassins?

Do the problems remain?

#12 Zyyon (Elgore)

Zyyon (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo/Brazil

Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:49 PM

When i've played it in 2015~ assassin was my first love. The stealth was broken AF, and u can oneshot ppl pretty easly (at least in lv 15-25 XD), the top arena/duel was sinx too. 
I've backed to royal quest last week, and sinx seens nerfed AF. I cant burst any1, except poor players, cuz i dont have dmg to do that at all.
In my opinion, we can recive 3 buffs and its:
1st: Make Adder strike with the same passive that Cloud have. (broke the heal effect in 50%)
2nd: More heal on Deso~, its ridiculous compared with other class heal spells.
3rd: If possible, bring stealth back to us, it was pretty good T-T 

#13 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:23 PM

@Orixa 

Yeah the problems are still there.

@Zyyon

The healing of any skill is based on the user's attack. When we use daggers we have a low healing, but with katars is quite good.

- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#14 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:40 PM

Do you guys think reworking the whole stealth and even dodge machanics will help balance the average Assassins? Or just wait for the talents and skills to get reworked. The old shadow strike nerf really lowered the damage output we user to have. Top Assassins now have to rely on boss cards with +11 gear. Those recent stealth reworks ruined everything for rogues.

Vampire Strike also got nerfed. I used to heal 20-30k when using it on mobs and weak players. I miss the old days of using Vampire Strike on weak players to fully heal myself.Lmao. Also healing for over 100k on GT was a nice feature too. Then it got nerfed to were the heal you receive was based upon your base damage..Pretty much a weaker detox skill.

#15 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:20 PM

Stealth needs to come back, period. It was our main "defensive" skill, and thieves are far behind most classes without it, sins still can use shadow dung and withdrawal into shadow. Dodge is broken and only worth to build when you're maxed out, if not you'll have less than 20k hp (which is a huge deal breaker nowadays) and when the 1st cc hits in you're dead.

The "nerf" on vampire strike was supposed to be a buff now with the skill basically ignoring def(meaning we should heal more than we hit - kinda works at pvp, but pve we heal less idk why), but pvp damage cards don't count on the equation, so there's a bugg there, even to pve. Again i will say we need a main skill as most classes do, sudden strike (right now our highest damage) was used only as a 2nd/3rd damage combo or to apply debuff when shadow strike was #1. I honestly would like to have a skill like weapon throw, imo this should be a regular rogue skill working for both thief and assassin.

Edited by Solsagan (Elgore), 01 November 2017 - 05:24 PM.

- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#16 Godsu (Elgore)

Godsu (Elgore)

Heartless

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • LocationKarnaca

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:50 PM

I honestly would like to have a skill like weapon throw, imo this should be a regular rogue skill working for both thief and assassin.

They could give assassins the basic skill of "throwing daggers" where if you have daggers equipped then you can "throw" them with a short cooldown. You lose some katar skills when you switch, so it would look fair to add a dagger skill or 2

" A true hunter never rests "

LqchOiW.png  

#17 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:24 PM

69h4Mbi.jpg

- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users