12 replies to this topic

#1 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2175 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:21 PM

Hi, i'd like to give a few suggestions about arenas.

I think we should have 2 types of arena queues: Ranked and Normal, and here is what i can suggest to them.

Normal:

1 - Options to go solo or with team

2 - No tickets required

3 - less(just a bit)  blood tokens on winning/losing.

4 - No tittle achiement

Ranked

1 - Solo modo only

2 - Tickets required

3 - Punishment to intentional feeding/quitting

4 - Normal count on blood tokens on winning/losing

5 - Tittle achievment (1st,2nd and 3rd places)

This is what i can think for now, If anyone has anything to add, do it as long its doable and with common sense please.

• Akroz (Elgore), Aion (Elgore), DarksKiss (Elgore) and 1 other like this
First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#2 Ragedrop (Elgore)

Ragedrop (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:59 PM

not to be salty or anything:

Remove rewards and titles and do some actual class balanceing that deserves the name.

Maybe that would make arenas doable again? (hope to be within common sense here)

• Khyaran (Elgore) likes this

We are Legion - Forged in Fire

Bathed in Blood - Encased in Iron

Rise and Conquer - Fight for Honor

Find Peace in Death - Onto Valhalla

Lay me to rest - I'll die with Honor 

#3 Summerrr (Elgore)

Summerrr (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:24 PM

I already made my suggestion,

2 type of arena

Solo => Raeles reward / tittle.

Team => Insignia reward / can make a new tittle for team rank if you want.

Simple and both waste ticket.

Edited by Summerrr (Elgore), 10 March 2017 - 02:26 AM.

#4 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2175 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:11 PM

not to be salty or anything:

Remove rewards and titles and do some actual class balanceing that deserves the name.

Maybe that would make arenas doable again? (hope to be within common sense here)

Well i agree with you but this wasn't really what i was talking about. I know class balance is important, buy my point here is to discuss arena mode (rankings, queues, rewards, this kind of subject) 

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#5 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:46 PM

Arena needs a update as well. Such as different arena maps. Even different types of Arena. 2v2, 4v4, 5v5 areas. Any more then it would be a bg lmao. I know this takes time to design and implement but 3+years arena hasn't changed. Other than removing the rewards.

A lot of improvement can be done on arenas. I mentioned this a while ago. Cross server arenas would be a legendary feature to the game. Its somthing all players want to see and would support.I was told it's not possible back then.It is possible, with the right codes you can have many servers linked and communicating together. Even if you have to add a server that our characters have to load into in order for this to take place. In today's world it's very possible for cross server arena to work. It just takes a little effort, time, and knowledge of the developers to make it possible.
If this feature was added it would bring huge success and popularity to the game. I can assure the population would increase if this were to happen. I don't care how you make it happen. Just get it done. ^^

BTW those of you who think the servers cannot be connected anyway. Did you forget about being able to merge your account to the RU server long ago? They were able to link the 2 separate servers and transfer data across. With new codes it can be reworked into a cross server arena.

This would bring new light to the game.

Just some thoughts on arena.

~DarksKiss

Edited by DarksKiss (Elgore), 09 March 2017 - 10:48 PM.

#6 Ragedrop (Elgore)

Ragedrop (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:56 PM

Well i agree with you but this wasn't really what i was talking about. I know class balance is important, buy my point here is to discuss arena mode (rankings, queues, rewards, this kind of subject) 

Whats the point of even more "cosmetic fixes" for all sorts of random side stuff as long as the "core problem" remains unresolved?

500 mail system changes, arena updates, warehouse reworks and ruining loot drop rates wont fix the non existent class balance.

Its litteraly throwing the community a bone every now and then so they keep playing&paying while mostly keeping quiet if possible.

That beeing said, I am all for reworks and changes towards the Arena system as Dark suggested above, multible modes, cross server - even just the que split as suggested by yourself would be interesting and hopefully a good addition.

Speaking of rewards - it should be Blood tokens for doing arena, not titles, reals, insignia or anything other than Blood Tokens. Its just toxic as hell and ruins any prospect of opportunity or actual "fair play" incase ppl even remember what that is here.

So we are talking 2020 incase it was in the original "plan" all along - or 20XX incase they didnt include it.

Seriously, as long as their "class balance" remains such an overall joke there is no point to focus on anything else for the developers.

• Khyaran (Elgore) and Reikkan (Elgore) like this

We are Legion - Forged in Fire

Bathed in Blood - Encased in Iron

Rise and Conquer - Fight for Honor

Find Peace in Death - Onto Valhalla

Lay me to rest - I'll die with Honor 

#7 Godsu (Elgore)

Godsu (Elgore)

Heartless

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • LocationKarnaca

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:57 PM

I like the idea of new maps/areas to be used for arena, maybe community submitted designs. As for the different team amounts, it would be a nice feature to see in the future. Also, the ranked mode could be made into an elo system with the stars, Bronze star is 1000-1100 points, Silver star is 1100-1300 points, Gold star is 1300+ points, that way people can climb their way to the top and reap the reward they earned solo. The rewards could be rank wide. Ex. 150insig gold, 75insig silver, 40insig bronze. Just an example.

Yes, I want an elo system, it would make the game actually fun. Some people are tired of getting their gear maxed just to fight people with lower gear in arena unsure.png

Edited by Godsu (Elgore), 09 March 2017 - 11:57 PM.

" A true hunter never rests "

LqchOiW.png  

#8 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2175 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:23 AM

I never said that arena changes should come before class balance. But it's not because classes are unbalanced right now that ideas can't come up. New maps would be cool.

@Godsu

There is an elo system already, it just doen't work here due to number of players. It works fine on ru.

- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#9 Godsu (Elgore)

Godsu (Elgore)

Heartless

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • LocationKarnaca

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:33 AM

There is an elo system already, it just doen't work here due to number of players. It works fine on ru.

I meant a stricter elo system, because if there was one now, then no one would get past 1150 points.

" A true hunter never rests "

LqchOiW.png  

#10 Staarrr (Elgore)

Staarrr (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:53 AM

I think both Solo or Team arenas should have rewards, because other players (like me) are team based characters/players. smile.png

• Reikkan (Elgore) likes this

f8qR5h6.png                                                                                                                                                                      

#11 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1398 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:53 PM

I agree with Rage on every aspect really, if they keep making 1 class overpowered time in time again, whats the point of arena, in any way shape or form, nowadays arena doesnt even queue, and when it does its either Revolt sending in their full +11 orange and boss cards teams in there, or some random dark knights to cause havoc in there

Some sort of gradation would be nice, hell, even a gear based arena queue, making people with average +7 blue gear fight others with equal gear, cause right now, i dont even bother on arena anymore

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#12 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2175 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

I guess i'll have to make a draw to people can understand that this idea has nothing to do with class balance. The thread is about arena and again, never said it should come before class balance.  Use your brains folks, those are separate things.  Any further complaint about class balance will be deleted. If you have suggestions on arena please post, but if you're going to bring class balance, you're in the wrong thread.

@Gear based arena queue

Only if some "ranking gear" exists(Ana suggested this ), which i can hardly see happening.

Edited by Solsagan (Elgore), 11 March 2017 - 04:50 PM.

• Elsa (Elgore) likes this
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#13 X-Zone (Elgore)

X-Zone (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:52 AM

I disagree to your 2nd point in Normal

(2 - No tickets required)

1st and 3rd point in Ranked suggestions 

(1 - Solo modo only , 3 - Punishment to intentional feeding/quitting)

Normal :

2 - If you place no ticket then blood tokens will lose there currency power and people will endlessly farm for blood tokens no matter how less the reward will be. Instead there has to be a restriction on that by maybe giving more tickets (example lets say 100 tickets per day) But objection for no ticket entry.

Ranked :

1 - Arena is supposed to be a Team game, In solo mod we don't know which class will end up being together OR which type of players will end up together,It wont change anything as arena's are today (Example All tanks in one team or all supporters end up in one team) Then again this game give Luck factor in team as well.

Instead my suggestion is Let the game decide the Random team with different class but not same class in 1 team if you want solo joining OR you can choose team with different class before and can join as team

3 - Most of the times it is misunderstanding and people think that player is doing things purposely, but there are some genuine issues which neither game nor the community will able to figure out whether the person is guilty for Intentional wrong deeds or just some technical issues. Many people will be wrongly accused for things which they haven't done purposely OR vice versa many people will take wrong advantage of the fact and come up with clever ideas to get away by intentional doing wrong deeds and proving they are innocent.

(In my case i have power issues and Net issues, So if other player like me with some different issues game cant decide whether he is actually guilty or innocent)

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users