#1 Africus (Elgore)

Africus (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:29 PM

Hi.

After searching and trying tons of MMORPG out there, I felt in love with this game. I've been playing MMORPG for 10 years and sincerely, the events I'm gonna suggest were once fun for most of the people involved, some of them could have been already suggested, but anyway, the events I'm gonna propose are cool and easy to make:

EVENTS:

1. Facebook 'share' events (community event, share this post X times -> everybody who have logged into the game the last 2 days receives X items. Useful items, of course.)

This kind of mini event makes the facebook page more active, makes the community a little bit more united. The event is cool and easy to make.

Facebook shares makes the game more visible to people.

2. Flash mob event. Another cool and easy event to make. 

People reunite in Varlone and, for example, shouts "I <3 ROYAL QUEST!". Post screenshots on forums/facebook and everybody that assisted gets a gift (some cosmetic item or some useful items).

This helps to keep the community kinda united and doesn't require too much effort from admins.

OTHER USEFUL SUGGESTIONS:

1. Referral system (not an event). I've always liked the idea behind a refer a friend system as long as it is useful and not abusable. Not OP rewards and they should not be tradable to avoid problems.

Reaching lvl 10 -> X reward to both
Reaching lvl 20 -> X reward to both

Etc.

Invited 20 or more friends? -> Exclusive X cosmetic item.

2. Create a reddit for the game and keep it updated with all the events, news and cool PvP/PvE videos. Reddit is, as most of you know, is a place to post links and text, and comment on them, most of games have one and I think this should not be an exception. It may be a ghost town at first, but a lot of users use reddit instead of official forums, so I really support this suggestion.

3. Create an official discord channel. Discord is a free voice/text chat app that is mainly designed for gaming. You can even use it without downloading the app. 

Think of it like a 'whatsapp' group chat. 

This really helps the community to stick together and to ask fast questions, to chill and chat, etc.

---------------------------------------------

And that's all I wanted to suggest for now. I know not every suggestion is AWESOME HOW I HAVEN'T THOUGHT ABOUT THIS EARLIER. But I think they are cool enough to think about it.

And about the reddit/discord channel, If admins are too busy at the moment, maybe someone, a moderator for example, can create and manage them. If not, I can do it just fine.

Cheers!

#2 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:35 PM

The facebook share events happen fairly regularly, the rest, could work

• Africus (Elgore) likes this

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#3 Africus (Elgore)

Africus (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:36 PM

The facebook share events happen fairly regularly, the rest, could work

Oh thank you, I didn't know about the FB events!

#4 Wing (Elgore)

Wing (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:24 PM

1. Facebook 'share' events (community event, share this post X times -> everybody who have logged into the game the last 2 days receives X items. Useful items, of course.)

This kind of mini event makes the facebook page more active, makes the community a little bit more united. The event is cool and easy to make.

Facebook shares makes the game more visible to people.

1. Sounds like another Arc. (When RQ first was released onto Arc the new players got this bonus decoration)

2. Flash mob event. Another cool and easy event to make. 

People reunite in Varlone and, for example, shouts "I <3 ROYAL QUEST!". Post screenshots on forums/facebook and everybody that assisted gets a gift (some cosmetic item or some useful items).

This helps to keep the community kinda united and doesn't require too much effort from admins.

2. We all hate each other in one way or another ^^ Plus making people do it for something they want as a bonus doesn't make the community better. It makes it just seem sorta feel like the admins are bending the players over at their own will.

1. Referral system (not an event). I've always liked the idea behind a refer a friend system as long as it is useful and not abuse-able. Not OP rewards and they should not be trade-able to avoid problems.

Reaching lvl 10 -> X reward to both
Reaching lvl 20 -> X reward to both

Etc.

3. could possibly work, but it can be abused unless it's something like potions or personal level gear. It really has to be limited or else it'll be like the log in reward system.

2. Create a reddit for the game and keep it updated with all the events, news and cool PvP/PvE videos. Reddit is, as most of you know, is a place to post links and text, and comment on them, most of games have one and I think this should not be an exception. It may be a ghost town at first, but a lot of users use reddit instead of official forums, so I really support this suggestion.

4. This will be nice, but it will require a lot more moderation then what we already have. Plus that's what the forum is for so they have no use for a reddit page.

3. Create an official discord channel. Discord is a free voice/text chat app that is mainly designed for gaming. You can even use it without downloading the app. 

Think of it like a 'whatsapp' group chat. 

This really helps the community to stick together and to ask fast questions, to chill and chat, etc.

The amount of sht talking, beggers, brain-dead conversation will be insane. This is just asking for a lot of trouble and a lot moderators.

• Africus (Elgore) likes this

imageedit_1_7978229463.jpg

#5 Nikolaa (Elgore)

Nikolaa (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:24 PM

since ur new i assume you dont know but there is currently a event runing "best video contest" (                    https://us.royalques...-video-contest/   )

#6 X-Zone (Elgore)

X-Zone (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:15 AM

Africus, Don't let your hopes down by reading the negative comments. 

Welcome to the Game laugh.png

I liked all of your ideas and infact me too saying the same and people turned me down alot but haven't gave up on the hopes. We first need to unite people who think like us and unite people who see this game in positive way about improving.  You can go through some of old forums in suggestion and feedback section and read few good suggestions as well.

The problem is either people are way too passive and don't read or developers just don't bother to reply.So much efforts of typing but not even 'thank you for suggesting' comment from there side. That gives players a moral support. But having community like "PhantomQuiver" that saying all negative comment about whatever a person is suggesting just demoralize a person. Its really hard to develop something in game.

But whatever might be the case, Your suggestions are all awesome and in perfect direction. Some of them are already in work like facebook events you saying and some kind of other events. But recommendation system should be there as well to invite friends in game smile.png

Keep suggesting and don't give up. Happy to see someone suggesting right of the bat when she is new biggrin.png  and importantly Thank You for suggesting

• Ynrii (Elgore) and Africus (Elgore) like this

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.

#7 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2193 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:18 AM

A referral system would be interesting. Many games out there have one.

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: suggestion, new, players, events

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users