10 replies to this topic

#1 Tigerina (Elgore)

Tigerina (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:14 AM

I have a couple characters I've been raising, and one is a Hunter. I've been noticing many of the higher level Hunters have a varying array of pets, but there seems to be a reoccurring theme for the ranged pets.

It seems most get a River Nastier for their first pet, then take a Draggler (which I currently have), and then either move to a Sola of some kind, or a Hiver, which they seem to keep until they hit 60. Many will upgrade the Sola to a different one as they become available.

I've read some of the topics discussing that each has a different range, but seems that once they are tamed they have a fairly standard range. (This hasn't been completely proven as far as I can tell)

So, what I'm actually looking for is people's opinion of a good ranged pet that will be used mostly for PvE, and if possible, some reasons for the choice. Thanks for taking the time!

#2 Nikolaa (Elgore)

Nikolaa (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:33 AM

most of the hunters go for a pet cz of the looks some cz of their elemental damage

then abotu the range

the range is the same for all pets its only increased if the hunter has a seal to increase his attack range on his face accesory or weapon (if im correct not sure about this#)

what is correct and i do know is that the fastest attack speed have the nasteirs - river nastiers and cave nastiers 

• Falcon-op (Elgore) likes this

#3 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:06 PM

I believe Genius made a post about all of the tamed  pets.  It was a while ago but still accurate since the pets haven't been reworked. 

#4 Tigerina (Elgore)

Tigerina (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:05 AM

Thank you for the responses. I will look for the thread from Genius.  wink.png

#5 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:02 PM

Well, its fairly simple really,

The 'higher level pets', being Dark Sola, Furious Flykon

Some still use river nastiers, cave nastiers and cursed suckers

I prefer the Dark Sola cause of the attack animation being very fast, + it seems to have (still not sure on this) an instant attack hit counter, its attack doesnt fire like any other pet, which all seem to have some travel time, whereas the Sola's (all of em), seem to not have this, their attack is an instant beam, kindof like a laser beam

For the rest, i use the Dark Sola mainly cause i'm an Air Element Hunter, so the Dark sola, being air element, also gains the bonuses from building this element

Edited by Khyaran (Elgore), 03 July 2017 - 12:04 PM.

• Tigerina (Elgore) likes this

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#6 Tigerina (Elgore)

Tigerina (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:29 PM

For the rest, i use the Dark Sola mainly cause i'm an Air Element Hunter, so the Dark sola, being air element, also gains the bonuses from building this element

I thought that creatures lose their elemental advantages when tamed. But if they don't, that's nice to know.  smile.png

#7 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:03 AM

They keep their element, only poison pets lose their element, cause at some point it became too common, everyone had a draggler

Which is why i also think the element builds are very powerful on a hunter, cause they have the pet that gains the bonus as well

#8 Tigerina (Elgore)

Tigerina (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:51 AM

I believe Genius made a post about all of the tamed  pets.  It was a while ago but still accurate since the pets haven't been reworked. 

I did a search, but only came up with a thread comparing ranges of the tamed pets, which Genius commented in, but didn't start. If you have a link, that would be fabulous. happy.png

#9 Talestra (Elgore)

Talestra (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1310 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:11 AM

I did a search, but only came up with a thread comparing ranges of the tamed pets, which Genius commented in, but didn't start. 

You mean this topic I suppose: https://us.royalques...unter-monsters/

As far as I remember there were no topics on tamed pets' features started by Genius.

The ranges list is correct (tested and compiled by an experienced Russian player, the author of few reliable hunter guides).

My own observations:

-tamed pets still keep their primary range;

-tamed pet's range is not affected by any bonuses increasing range of his owner.

This can easily tested on mannekins: taming pets is for free :) Just start to shoot at the standard distance, and you will see a thorn or sucker running well ahead of you before starting to shoot too.

One more: draggler (rat shaman is not available for taming now) keeps its primary elemental damage after taming. Easy to test too.

My hunter's choice for PVE is draggler: decent range and poison dot, you can use curare with this pet :)

#10 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:29 PM

hm, i forgot to say that, in pve the poison pets still work indeed, could swear i saw someone talk about the Draggler (and other poison element pets) didnt work as an elemental pet in pvp

#11 Tiglion (Elgore)

Tiglion (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:38 PM

My own observations:

-tamed pets still keep their primary range;

-tamed pet's range is not affected by any bonuses increasing range of his owner.

My hunter's choice for PVE is draggler: decent range and poison dot, you can use curare with this pet smile.png

Too bad range increases of the Hunter don't extend to pet, and it's nice to see all the responses and help to the topic. Draggler seems a favorite for most players. My current Hunter has a River Nastier, but thinking about the Sola for a change of looks/attack. Snot-spitter isn't appealing to me. rolleyes.gif

Off-topic: Would be nice if Hunters had a option to tame more than one creature at a time. Maybe have a list like the pets in the character screen, simply drag the creature to an active slot in the list, so you summon that creature. Changing by having to go out and tame a new pet each time as it is now is probably a pain in the rear.  laugh.png

• Reya (Elgore), Khyaran (Elgore) and Tigerina (Elgore) like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pets, Hunter, Ranged pet, opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users