• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Deric (Elgore)

Deric (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:36 AM

(This is a very rough guide, and will be edited with pictures and more information later on)

Crusader Tanking Guide

Hi, I am Deric from the Elgore (US) server.

I am currently a level 57 crusader, and I am built primarily for tanking PvE aspects of the game, in particular world bosses.

I usually have many people whispering me about recommended talent and stat distributions, so I'll put it all in one thread.

Class Lore

ChBg5invert.png

After receiving the blessing of the goddess Aura, Crusaders dedicate their lives to the service of the Light.

Fearless knights in shining armor, tempered by faith and the holy scripture, Crusaders can inspire their allies to perform heroic deeds, and are able to raise defensive banners. After centuries spent honing their skills, Crusaders have perfected the art of close combat, and became true masters of the word. Their potent prayers heal the wounds of their allies, and incinerate evil.

Recommended Stat Distribution

5nuhsm.png

• Stat distribution is relatively simple as a warrior, especially as one building to become a tank. 
  • Each level, simply apply 2 points in strength and 2 points in stamina. By Level 60, you should have 100 points in strength, 100 points in stamina. 
  • Spend your remaining 39 points in luck, as your heals can crit. Dexterity is near useless to a tanking Crusader, as the only skills that are not instant are Grand Cross and Holy Punishment. 

Strength: Strength is the second best stat as a tank Crusader. It will give you damage (which you will always need to farm quickly), and increase the amount your Ray of Light heals you.

Dexterity: Near useless for a tank Crusader. Dexterity simply increases your attack speed, and lowers the cast times of your skills. Every skill of the Crusader's is instant already, apart from Grand Cross and Holy Punishment - so Dexterity will not do anything for those. 

Stamina: This is the bread and butter stat for tank Crusaders. It's the only stat that increases your survivability, giving you 70 health per point. 

Luck: Also not desirable as a tank Crusader. It can give you some extra damage and make your heals crit, so it's still better than dexterity - But Strength and Stamina still outclass it entirely.

Notable Talents and Talent Point Distribution

28jxz51.png

Tempered Steel: As a tank, you should always be running the Steel Health aura. This talent is essentially a free 5% maximum health.

Resilience: Extra defense in prolonged fights up to 15%. This is especially helpful for bosses such as Beastbane, where you are going to be attacked for long durations. 

Aura's Shield: This will become a bread and butter skill for a tank Crusader. It is essentially your emergency panic button if things go wrong against a boss. The skill gives you invincibility for up to 10 seconds, and allows you to fully heal yourself before it falls.

Protector: This allows you to maintain aggro far easier. You clearly want the enemies attacking you rather than your allies, or else you wouldn't be looking at this guide. 

Leader: While you aren't going to be doing much damage alone, you can use this talent to boost the damage of your allies. 

The order which you take these talents is completely up to you. However, I would definitely recommend maxing out the defense tree first.

Guide to Leveling

Solo Farming

If you are running solo; begin by being mounted. Pull around 4-5 enemies, using Retaliation behind you to hit them all. This will turn you around, allowing you to use Breakthrough to hit them all. Dismount and use Perfect Protection, then begin channeling Grand Cross. If you do this against mobs with low-medium health, that rotation should finish them all off. Simply repeat that to farm.

Levels 1-20: You can mostly get this just through quests. If not, your best bet is to level in the 10-19 PVP area, or kill enemies around Elgore, Iris or Illayr.

Levels 20-25: Again, most of this can be obtained from quests, the rest should be obtained in either Iris or Illayr.

Levels 25-30: The Ancient Stumps in the Dancing Forest are your best bet. They hit fairly hard, so you will need health food / potions, but they give slightly under 200 exp per kill.

Levels 30-35: Celestial Sharpsnails, on the Floating Island or Baron Logart's Island. These won't hit you for very hard, and there are usually many of them.

Levels 35-40: Lil' Baphomets in the centre of Crockos give very good exp, and have extremely low health. Their drops are also quite good for gold. (Healing totems, etc.)

Levels 40-45: Try to level at Wolf Pits, near the back. Here there are many big Baphomets, which still have low health, but give great experience. They also drop Baphomet rings. 

Levels 45-50: I would recommend killing Goannas at Mara Desert. You will need Goanna meat for a daily quest, and Goanna's themselves give almost 2k exp each. 

Levels 50-60: Level at Shamba killing Bloms and Klugs. The Klugs are far easier to kill, though the Bloms are often unavoidable. 

Group Farming

If you are running in a group (Recommended to farm in a party of two), you may run around the zone pulling up to around 15-20 enemies to your allies. Taunt them all using Battle Shout, and attempt to use skills such as Perfect Protection, Reliable Protection and Aura's Shield while your allies use AoE abilities to kill them all. 

It is efficient to level in a group of two, preferably a Sorcerer or warlock, as both of you will receive 70% experience. Further party members seems to tax your experience gain greatly.

Levels 1-20: Again, you are better off doing these levels via quests, and finishing the remaining exp in Elgore, Iris or Illayr.

Levels 20-28: Go to Quedock and pull any enemy you see. Iron bumblebuzzes and Blind bumblebuzzes in particular give hefty amounts of experience.

Levels 28-38: Amber Ants on Baron Logart's Island group up extremely well. These mobs are social, so if they see another ant being attacked, they will also aggro on to you.

Levels 38-45: Black Crabs and Scorpions at Andynopolis offer very good exp, and like ants, are social mobs. 

Levels 45-50: Goannas at Mara Desert offer good enough experience to be split among groups, and drop an item needed for a daily quest later.

Levels 50-60: Shamba killing Bloms and Klugs, these can be AoE'd down for 5k exp each (split among party members)

End-Game Gear

Here I will list the gear pieces you should aim to have at level 60, with #1 being most desirable. All of these must have a socket to be your best in slot.

Helmet

1. Templar Helmet; 410 defense, 5 stamina, 3% defense. (Drops from Carabus)
  2. Experimental Helmet; 400 defense, 3 dexterity, 40 health, 24 attack. (Drops from Dark Sola)
  3. Hat of the Wild Bison; 339 defense, 3% crit damage, 240 health. (Drops from Big Carabus)

Armour (P.S; all of these are good - get your hands on any!)

1. Templar Armour; 959 defense, 8 stamina. (Drops from Murker, Big Ben) 
  2. Experimental Armour; 936 defense, 4 stamina, 4% defense. (Drops from Furious Flykon)
  3. Armour of Vengeance; 822 defense, 4% max health, 3 strength. (Drops from Ominous Scarab, Void Glutton)

Gloves

1. Templar Gloves; 318 defense, 24 attack, 4 stamina. (Drops from Goblin Marauder, Golden Scarab)
  2. Experimental Gloves; 311 defense, 2% max health, 5 dexterity. (Drops from Swamp Adder, Poison Devourer)

Greaves

​​

1. Experimental Greaves; 307 defense, 3% health, 4% energy. (Drops from Twilight Blom)
  2. Templar Greaves; 321 defense, 5 stamina, 3% crit damage, 3 energy. (Drops from Achyl, Cursed Sucker)
  3. Greaves of Vengeance; 269 defense, 7 stamina, 2% crit damage. (Drops from Sandman)

Boots

1. Experimental Boots; 371 defense, 4% defense, 158 health. (Drops from Tortolla, Clock)
  2. Templar Boots; 380 defense, 3 dexterity, 4 endurance, 1% crit chance. (Drops from Cursed Sucker)

Shield

1. Perfect Protection; 546 defense, 8% defense. (Drops from Dark Carabus, Mangler, Fire Achyl, Twilight Worm)

Face Accessory

1. Negotiator

Totem

1. Totem of Healing; 64 defense, 3 luck. Increases healing by 10%. (Drops from Baphomet, Crock, Werewolf, Dark Shaman)
  2. Berserker Totem; 300 defense, 4 luck. Increases attack speed by 10%. (Drops from Croupier, Tortolla, Rat 13)

Rings

1. Soul Devourers Ring; 198 defense, 4% defense, 160 health. (Drops from Dead Spider, Tortolla) 
  2. Ring of Brutal Strength; 229 defense, 3% defense, 5 strength. (Drops from Orc Overseer)

Amulet

1. Forest Shaman's Pendant; 56 defense, 4% defense, 6 plant resist. (Drops from Big Water Shaman, Forest Shaman)

Quick End Tips

• All of your gear should have a seal on it! Try to aim for seals that give you stamina and defense, though you may want some to increase your damage if you are solo farming.
  • Try to +6 all of your gear. At a certain enchantment level, gear gives you a significant health boost.
  • Use Ashkolot Cubes when enchanting your gear! Believe me, it does not feel good destroying that shiny new weapon you just made on a <1% chance. 

Please do not copy this guide without my permission. If I find it anywhere else I will ask for it to be taken down. 

• Razzista (Elgore), SourDee (Elgore), Yssen (Elgore) and 4 others like this

#2 Sheele (Elgore)

Sheele (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:24 PM

Guide to leveling, get a "melo"

• Razzista (Elgore) and Melorola (Elgore) like this

signature_sheele_by_spawndragonangel-d7y

#3 Alieri (Elgore)

Alieri (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:18 PM

+1 Sheele.

• Melorola (Elgore) likes this

Our family, friends, loved ones, enemies will perish from this life, as will everything else that represents us... and history will forget us, unless we are great men/women of history.

#4 Deric (Elgore)

Deric (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:08 PM

Updated, there are now pictures.  ;)

• Yssen (Elgore) likes this

#5 Templarius (Elgore)

Templarius (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:17 AM

Thx for the guide.

#6 CottoneyePyrn (Elgore)

CottoneyePyrn (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:49 PM

(All hail Morigin.)

#7 DasWood (Elgore)

DasWood (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:02 AM

for 45, you also get 2 dailies for about 60k each in Tano and they don't take much time since you do them at the same time.

#8 Deric (Elgore)

Deric (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:31 PM

Malleus plz, I like that you decided to buff my class.. but now I have to re-write this entire thing. Why u do dis. :(

#9 Malleus

Malleus

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:35 PM

Malleus plz, I like that you decided to buff my class.. but now I have to re-write this entire thing. Why u do dis. :(

Life shouldn't be too easy. A man must struggle, that's why he's a man.

#10 CottoneyePyrn (Elgore)

CottoneyePyrn (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:18 PM

Life shouldn't be too easy. A man must struggle, that's why he's a man.

No, he's a man because he has a spear. Which is why only Warriors are true men - even if they're female.

#11 Volaar (Elgore)

Volaar (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGrantsville, UT

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:34 PM

when you say that you should have 100 stam & str, 39 for luck, is this base (meaning with no gear equipped?)

#12 SinDikatoo (Elgore)

SinDikatoo (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 04:23 PM

does the ashkalot cube can enhance an item til +6? or just +4?

#13 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 22 December 2015 - 04:25 PM

Ashkalot cubes can get items all the way up to +10

The chance of doing so is very small, the cubes are mainly used cause it removes the chance of breaking the item when upgrading it

• SinDikatoo (Elgore) likes this

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#14 SinDikatoo (Elgore)

SinDikatoo (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:54 AM

Ashkalot cubes can get items all the way up to +10

The chance of doing so is very small, the cubes are mainly used cause it removes the chance of breaking the item when upgrading it

wow, thanks never thought of that. anyway thanks man.

oh by the way is +10 the maximum enhance? or is there any higher?

#15 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:14 AM

For now the maximum is +10, but with the upcoming patches we'll be able to put items +11

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#16 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:14 PM

Even if that means getting the full armor set again (slotted and everything) to actually get it to 11

#17 Sh-ade (Elgore)

Sh-ade (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:38 AM

I'd recommend considering investing into Agility - in PvE high flee (starting from 80+) shows quite good results. Especially combined with good survivability of a crus ;)

Homo homini orcus est...

#18 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 04:08 PM

I suggest reducing the cd on ray of light to 7, then its still longer then before, but not so painfully long as now, its hard to do anything now

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crusader, Tank, Guide, Warrior

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users