Photo

New looks for characters / Newish clothing choices.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Wing (Elgore)

Wing (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:06 PM

So as most people know that characters are limited to certain hair choices, hair colors and face structure. Is there any possibility to add a few more in the future? It's been the same choice and same look and same choices for almost 3~ years now. Will there possibly be new choices for picking face structures or new hairs in the near future? (Midway through 18~.)

And another thing I'm curious about if it could be added in. This idea is more of like transmogrification of an item or possibly a new suit~. Bare with me on this idea it's kind of a weird to explain it.

So there are a few ways this can be added.
1) The same way for the WoW where you can select a new look for the item and pay gold to change how it looks. This can be either gold or reals. Gold can be around 100k to maybe 200k to do 1 item or maybe 3 or 5 reals. This way this allows F2P access to this and making it available to everyone.
2) Making a new item in the premium shop that can be considered an "Empty Suit Card" or something along those lines. With this "Suit Card," it can be a choice of selected gear (from inventory either max slots or no slots) and fuse it with the card in a way of making a new "suit," but that item would then, in turn, be destroyed so there are some cost and equal balance. Once the "suit card" is used this will of course then become personal. Then that fear that was used to fuse with it would then be on that character and give him the look of the gear in the suit card. The price could be set around 90 reals or 99 reals or even around 199 reals. And once a "suit card" is used, it can no longer be used with different gear to fuse again and the user would have to buy another one.

IMO option one would be a good choice since it would let not only P2W but F2P as well in this little add-in the game. Option 2 allows RQ team to make money back from the work put into making this and allow for a more diverse look for lv 60 characters. Usually, most lv 60 character look like either A, B, C or D to the point where it gets a bit annoying and plane seeing it over and over and over. This can allow for players to explore new looks for their characters. The game has so much gear and yet we only see really 4 things on a day to day basis. With all honestly, there are even a few items i would love to have at lv 60 for a few of my characters. The Blossom Bow, The bloody sword, the cursed crusader sword~ and many more weapons or armors I would love to see my lv 60 characters wear. Hopefully something like this could be implemented to give us more options in what we can wear.

Thank you for reading and leave your thoughts down below. <3
EDIT: Just fixed a few things that were left in the dark.

Edited by PhantomQuiver (Elgore), 27 September 2017 - 01:54 PM.

• Haku (Elgore) and Tigerina (Elgore) like this

imageedit_1_7978229463.jpg

#2 Tiglion (Elgore)

Tiglion (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:34 AM

While I would definitely appreciate something like this, what I would enjoy seeing first is a way to dye/change the colors on the current items we have. I realize one of the great aspects of Royal Quest that I enjoy is its simplicity, as do many others, but some change would be nice. (Maybe I want my clothes to match for a change without having to wear all the same set pieces all the time... rolleyes.gif )

I have played a few games where you can change the appearance of an item, for a minimal cost and destruction of the item used for the change. For example, you want weapon A to look like Weapon B. So you take it to a forge, or similar location, set the items in the proper location depending on the interface, and pay your price, and "Ta-da!", Weapon A looks like Weapon B, but Weapon B is now destroyed in the process, and Weapon A can't be used to change the appearance of anything else and is Personal. Whatever it is requires work to code and allow the changes to be coded on to items individually.

Be kind of neat to see some of the combinations people come up with.  wink.png

• Wing (Elgore) and Tigerina (Elgore) like this

#3 Charma (Elgore)

Charma (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:15 PM

I would like it if we could change the look of a weapon,

using another weapon of the same type.

I have a bow from the Sky Fair, but its really unusable,

for anything other than very low level mobs.

It looks great and i would love to use it,

to change the appearance of a better higher level bow,

so that i could actually get some better use from it.

As it is now, its only really used when in town for appearance. smile.png  

#4 Wing (Elgore)

Wing (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 27 September 2017 - 02:51 PM

While I would definitely appreciate something like this, what I would enjoy seeing first is a way to dye/change the colors on the current items we have. I realize one of the great aspects of Royal Quest that I enjoy is its simplicity, as do many others, but some change would be nice. (Maybe I want my clothes to match for a change without having to wear all the same set pieces all the time... rolleyes.gif )

I have played a few games where you can change the appearance of an item, for a minimal cost and destruction of the item used for the change. For example, you want weapon A to look like Weapon B. So you take it to a forge, or similar location, set the items in the proper location depending on the interface, and pay your price, and "Ta-da!", Weapon A looks like Weapon B, but Weapon B is now destroyed in the process, and Weapon A can't be used to change the appearance of anything else and is Personal. Whatever it is requires work to code and allow the changes to be coded on to items individually.

Be kind of neat to see some of the combinations people come up with.  wink.png

I would like it if we could change the look of a weapon,

using another weapon of the same type.

I have a bow from the Sky Fair, but its really unusable,

for anything other than very low level mobs.

It looks great and i would love to use it,

to change the appearance of a better higher level bow,

so that i could actually get some better use from it.

As it is now, its only really used when in town for appearance. smile.png  

Both of these is what I'm trying to say. Hopefully, something like this can be implemented.

#5 Tigerina (Elgore)

Tigerina (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:53 PM

Some different choices for faces and hair would be nice, but also how about height? We are all the same height, any chance for a height scale during player creation? Doesn't have to be a huge difference, but some variation would be nice. wub.png

• Tiglion (Elgore) likes this

#6 Wing (Elgore)

Wing (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:00 PM

Some different choices for faces and hair would be nice, but also how about height? We are all the same height, any chance for a height scale during player creation? Doesn't have to be a huge difference, but some variation would be nice. wub.png

This would be a little nice addition, but it would complicate other suits already in the game as well as many different equipment. They would have to scale the gear with the character and the suits while still keeping it in a well looking state and not slanky and such or even huge for the character.

Edited by PhantomQuiver (Elgore), 27 September 2017 - 06:01 PM.

#7 Tiglion (Elgore)

Tiglion (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:53 PM

This would be a little nice addition, but it would complicate other suits already in the game as well as many different equipment. They would have to scale the gear with the character and the suits while still keeping it in a well looking state and not slanky and such or even huge for the character.

The option for scaling already seems to be in game in regards to gear. It happens every time there is a monster with a buff of some kind. They appear bigger than the normal mobs. It would be fairly simple to add a 3 option height slider to the character creation, short/small, average, tall/big. Of course, I say simple without knowing the full implications of coding, and graphics design, but I was always told it was easier to change the size of an object than the details. Food for thought.  wink.png

#8 Wing (Elgore)

Wing (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:59 PM

The option for scaling already seems to be in game in regards to gear. It happens every time there is a monster with a buff of some kind. They appear bigger than the normal mobs. It would be fairly simple to add a 3 option height slider to the character creation, short/small, average, tall/big. Of course, I say simple without knowing the full implications of coding, and graphics design, but I was always told it was easier to change the size of an object than the details. Food for thought.  wink.png

Yes, it is easier to make things smaller, taller or retain their average size, but you have to remember the gear your character wears. Say you made them taller, their armor would then only go as far as their belly button~. Or shorter then their gear would look really big. These things need to be compensated as well which make things a lot harder in coding wise. If I made a code in to make my character taller then maybe my gun man piolet suit would appear under my character barely popping out of the skin. Not to mention bugs testing in the game. ._.

Edited by PhantomQuiver (Elgore), 27 September 2017 - 10:00 PM.

#9 Haku (Elgore)

Haku (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:25 PM

wooow 

i like the idea phantomquiver

its not only me i guess everyone want to make a unique looking character,so it could be realy nice if they add some options in to it.

character +suit+weapon appearance change while the stats remain the same or there could be a option to make a hybrid weapon(used two different weapon to make a new 1,same with cloths and suits ,as shown in the video.

thanks

special note:- what you think about it Enya,any comment....smile.png smile.png

“Even the weak

can take down a massive force in one blow,

+                                                                                             if they aim carefully.”

“Food tastes best

when

you sit around

and eat it with everyone!”

#10 Wing (Elgore)

Wing (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:41 PM

make a hybrid weapon(used two different weapon to make a new

Weapons and gear should only be able to be transmogrified with the same class type and gear slot including weapons. This would make it so people would see a lv 60 DK with a hammer look like he's carrying just a sword.

#11 Wing (Elgore)

Wing (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 28 July 2018 - 05:43 AM

: ( Still no word, feels bad(

#12 Rjoskva (Elgore)

Rjoskva (Elgore)

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 08:31 AM

Well we are adding fashion items as much as we can. There were some plans for hairs or beards or weapon transmog, but it didn't fit in the workflow. If art team would have a window for this, then maybe. But I can't promise it.
  • Khyaran (Elgore) likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users