#1 Enya

Enya

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 3650 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:22 PM

Welcome to The North!

42846b9a281278b890bc4cfce05259e0.png

Got used to mild Elenian weather or telling your kids the story of the Snow Island as if it is a holiday fairy tale?

Good cold fun, eh? Ha. Old cold times are forgotten for good everywhere.

Except in The North. The North forgets nothing. Humans walking on light summer snow remember frosty winter nights.

Orcs remember old wars. Ruins remember Elves. Elves… no one knows what they remember and where they are. Still if Elves were in Northern Lands now, they would remember something for sure. Anything is preserved well in the cold.

The Duchy of Aranta

A long time ago, long before King Roland ascended to the throne, the brave and the reckless, those who hadn't found a place for themselves in Elenia, left for The North where nobody would chase them.

They met natives there, strong enough to defend their lands and tender-hearted enough to help rootless wanderers. One could only wonder how the city-state of Aranta could have grown so amazingly fast among snow wastes. No sooner had its stone walls rose, people from all Elenia headed for this place.

Adventurers and outlaws, scientists and robbers, cultists and explorers, traders and aurologists - Aranta was the place for anyone.

The city grew and thrived.

After some serious domestic turmoil, several persons disappeared in broad daylight as a certain family seized power in Aranta, and soon the city-state had been proclaimed an independent Duchy. Not surprisingly, Elenian rulers refused to acknowledge the seditious upstart of a Duke and so Aranta remained apart from Elenia and was never spoken of again.

Until now….. of course, nothing is constant - and recently, this long-standing estrangement between grand Elenia and the small but proud Duchy of Aranta seems to have lifted. 

His Majesty King Roland and beautiful Duchess Violetta have signed a  treaty and Aranta is getting ready to join Elenia. Hooray and cause for bountiful celebration by everyone!

Aranta's gates are opening wide for all-comers.

To support the treaty of friendship and mutual assistance outposts of many Varlone institutions - such as Academies, the military post and Varlone University - will be opening in Aranta. As for Ashkalots, they had, of course, long ago set up their Markets well before these political changes.

a83f35c3fad0ef6225de564e1e141601.png

Northern Lands

Aranta has become the perfect starting point for the exploration of the Northern Lands, this coveted prize for scientists (and tomb raiders). 

Map makers can study local wastes and forests, hills and rivers whilst Hunters will compete in the hunt for wondrous furs and feathers and encounter mysterious tribes, extinct animals frozen in the ice, secrets and treasures of centuries gone by!

Of course there is always the chance to earn a little, as in all new lands and to trade with Alayites, to take part in expeditions to look for rarities - or just to deliver ice to Varlone.

Orcs and Alayites

Two nations inhabited The North for ages gone by: Orcs and Alayites.

Orcs are known for their fierce temper and for the crazy habit of hitting one another on the head to reach enlightenment. 

Alayites are more similar to humans. Besides, they possess a most interesting secret. Long ago, a star fell from the sky onto Alayite lands. Being courageous and brave, Alayites explored the place of the fall and discovered a lot of mysterious artifacts. What these items are and who created them, remains a mystery even today - but due to these artifacts, Alayites acquired incredible knowledge and independence from Orcs. They worship the place  where the star fell and call it the Temple of Aura's Gifts.

Valuable relics

They say one can find many ancient relics in the Northern Lands - and even sources of power surpassing Elenium. All it takes is to send an expedition on a search of these sources, and all of Elenia will rise in power.

Still, why have the natives not exploited this secret force before?

Or - have they?

There is no reliable information. One thing is clear: treasures of The North should not get into the wrong hands if you know what we mean!

9b2029c346ed93a902de8af783ee0a9a.png

So, what is waiting for you?

• 6 new maps including the city-state Aranta
  • The maximum level of the character will be raised to 65
  • Storyline quests discovering dark mysteries of the Kingdom
  • Northern monsters and special northern items
  • Natives of The North: Alayites and Northern Orcs
  • New stories of the Aura's world

Sounds exciting? Just wait… there will be more excitement than you can even imagine!

• Rodrigo (Elgore), Solsagan (Elgore), Hasan (Elgore) and 5 others like this

93622c33de2d3cc7c5f5759ad9884432.png

Like Royal Quest on Facebook: RoyalQuest

Follow Royal Quest on Twitter: RoyalQuest

#2 Kuuro (Elgore)

Kuuro (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationEastern United States of America

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:47 PM

This sounds like it will be exciting.

• Crystalita (Elgore) likes this

34a74fbdb8d7f29f41839386757d61a5.png

#3 Kazier (Elgore)

Kazier (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:19 PM

Holy Jesus! 

• JuliusCaesar (Elgore) likes this

#4 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1829 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:32 PM

Now i'm getting back.

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt,  King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.

List of Elites and Bosses

Solsagan's assassin build.

- Lastfm Profile

- Spotify Profile

#5 Snow-Flower (Elgore)

Snow-Flower (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:33 PM

Wow, I am excited. However, how soon is soon?

I remember seeing information and pictures for Solo Manor about roughly 2 years before it was released.

Will there be more sales on stones and other gear improvement items before the area opens?

• Crystalita (Elgore) and Kuuro (Elgore) like this

#6 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:42 PM

I said that, sooner or later, the character level would increase
The fight against oneself is called the game of life.
Do not be confused with these futile games that occupy your life

#7 Ragedrop (Elgore)

Ragedrop (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:50 PM

It is time Ladies and Gentleman!

Freeze your assests, run for the Hills and never look back!

You shall see new level 65 Gears that outpace anything that came so far on this track!!

You shall feel stupid for spending thousands to finally finish that last 11 and Orange!!!

It has been spoken of in hushed whispers and now it is here!!!!

THE NEW BROKEN LEVELS AND GEAR!

Yes Iam so exited I speak in rhymes now.....

Good to see new stuff. Not. Happy. At. All.

Why god why? 

• DarksKiss (Elgore), Curvina (Elgore), Kuuro (Elgore) and 1 other like this

It is no longer a Battlefield, it is a Killingfloor now!

#8 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1829 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:02 PM

New stuff is always welcome. Every game has additions through time, this one shouldn't be different.

It's quite funny to see players asking to new stuff and crying about it the minute the new stuff is announced. New items and level? more than welcome! Why should us stay at 60 with the same gear and gathering money for years? New items MUST be better than the ones we already have, this makes people play the game, find purpose, farm gold or the item itself. And i again i must repeat: It's not the game fault if some people decide to buy their experience in game, there's no place saying you should spend thousands here, you do it because you want to. So we can't have new additions, items, sets JUST because you've spent enough? Come on man,  we both played a game where new items and content were constantly coming, and people grinded hard to get them. Don't tell me this is new to you.

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt,  King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.

- Lastfm Profile

- Spotify Profile

#9 Enya

Enya

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 3650 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:02 PM

Hope you will stay for a little to wait and see next notes. This is only the first glimpse.

#10 Enya

Enya

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • 3650 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:08 PM

Wow, I am excited. However, how soon is soon?

I remember seeing information and pictures for Solo Manor about roughly 2 years before it was released.

Will there be more sales on stones and other gear improvement items before the area opens?

First Developers Notes regarding Solo Manor had been posted 24 Apr https://us.royalques...-first-details/

The update itself has been released 03 Aug https://us.royalques...the-solo-manor/

"How soon" will be answered a bit later - but not 2 years for sure.

#11 Ragedrop (Elgore)

Ragedrop (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:10 PM

New stuff is always welcome. Every game has additions through time, this one shouldn't be different.

It's quite funny to see players asking to new stuff and crying about it the minute the new stuff is announced. New items and level? more than welcome! Why should us stay at 60 with the same gear and gathering money for years? New items MUST be better than the ones we already have, this makes people play the game, find purpose, farm gold or the item itself. And i again i must repeat: It's not the game fault if some people decide to buy their experience in game, there's no place saying you should spend thousands here, you do it because you want to. So we can't have new additions, items, sets JUST because you've spent enough? Come on man,  we both played a game where new items and content were constantly coming, and people grinded hard to get them. Don't tell me this is new to you.

Hope you will stay for a little to wait and see next notes. This is only the first glimpse.

@Solsagan, Yeah. No worries. Ive played many Games that have constant Updates and Constant Improvements. But they are very very different System wise, and if they DO raise the Levelcap and introduce new Items and expansions? Their entire Gear Grid doesnt turn obsolete like it will here. Just wait till +12 and Red Seals get released. Then I want to see how much "Fun" that is for you. And without people like me paying Money you wouldnt have a server to play on at all. Maybe think about that sometime aswell Solsa. Games arent Charities either right?

And @Enya, sure ill stick around to read whats coming. Ill even play the Content. But I wont sink another Real into it. 
The Manor was fine because it was a few pieces, only very few actually any good on an endgame Pvp Char and were not imbalanced.
But level increases and an entire Set overhaul? Sure ill just Level all my Chars to 65 and spend the same or more again to make it up there. No thanks.

Edited by Ragedrop (Elgore), 12 January 2018 - 07:11 PM.

#12 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1829 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:17 PM

As Enya said just wait. You don't even know what's coming and you're already making complaints of how broken it's going to be, etc, etc. Solo Manor brought new items into the game, i didn't see any major change. Let's just wait, see what happens and then we start talking. I'm at your side against broken stuff, red seals or +12+13 w/e but let's be patient.

• DarksKiss (Elgore) and Kuuro (Elgore) like this

- Lastfm Profile

- Spotify Profile

#13 Ragedrop (Elgore)

Ragedrop (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:21 PM

Sure I am waiting. And no I do not know whats coming and Iam also not Complaining just yet.

Iam going by established Trends here and good guesses based on the myriad of other Games Ive played and how RQ Developers do things here.

If Im wrong? All for the better right? 

And yes I said up above why Manor didnt change anything. Because the Gear is at best 2-3 points better than the old stuff, no big deal.

Edited by Ragedrop (Elgore), 12 January 2018 - 07:22 PM.

#14 Snow-Flower (Elgore)

Snow-Flower (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:23 PM

First Developers Notes regarding Solo Manor had been posted 24 Apr https://us.royalques...-first-details/

The update itself has been released 03 Aug https://us.royalques...the-solo-manor/

"How soon" will be answered a bit later - but not 2 years for sure.

Most of what I saw reguarding Solo Manor was ph34r.png "unofficial" information and/or pictures of "things to come".

I do hope that we do not have to wait too long for the new content.

As for the gear and level changes, I will take a wait and see stance.

#15 Argod (Elgore)

Argod (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:28 PM

AAAAAAAAAawesomeeeee...I M Super - Duper  Excited...

I Cant wait moreee,,,,,hurry up and release .....wub.png wub.png tongue.png tongue.png biggrin.png biggrin.png i HAve tears in my eyes...laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png yeeeee

2wLVx6M.png

#16 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1829 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:29 PM

I understand, but the last patches were pve/new content focused and they didn't let us down. The only thing i see devs messing up is pvp,

Anyway, imo good stuff is coming. Just the lvl cap increase is worth. And if new better items do come, what's the problem? It doesn't mean the current gear is going to be useless. With more 5 levels we only get 1 talent more and 25 new stats points. I don't really think the item gap is going to be that huge. But builds may change with that aditional points. Plus with pvp imbalance, gear is not what we should worry about.

- Lastfm Profile

- Spotify Profile

#17 Snow-Flower (Elgore)

Snow-Flower (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:30 PM

Also, since the information was simultaneously released on the Russian forums, and our server is smaller then the Russian ones, will we become a test server for the updates?

#18 PhantomQuiver (Elgore)

PhantomQuiver (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:31 PM

I'm just sitting here complainting which character I should get to 65 first. ._.

imageedit_1_7978229463.jpg

#19 PhantomQuiver (Elgore)

PhantomQuiver (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:33 PM

Anyone else thinking we're getting a new boss? O.o

imageedit_1_7978229463.jpg

#20 Ragedrop (Elgore)

Ragedrop (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:38 PM

I understand, but the last patches were pve/new content focused and they didn't let us down. The only thing i see devs messing up is pvp,

Anyway, imo good stuff is coming. Just the lvl cap increase is worth. And if new better items do come, what's the problem? It doesn't mean the current gear is going to be useless. With more 5 levels we only get 1 talent more and 25 new stats points. I don't really think the item gap is going to be that huge. But builds may change with that aditional points. Plus with pvp imbalance, gear is not what we should worry about.

A plethora of things they could have done instead. A litteral Boat load of things.

Also Solsa you claim to have played many MMOS - in which one did the level Cap rise without a Full set of Gear to Match - Especially in a Pay to Win system Game like RQ ?  

Cause Ive never seen one do that and Ive played MANY - as in MANY of them.

Lets hope it is the First of its Kind in a positive way for a change.

And yes you might say whats he so angry about? Whats the issue with new and better Gear and Levels? 

Its the fear of the "Old Gear" turning obsolete in PvP which is the only reason I play this game. 

Also I dont know but so help me God if I spent this much Time and Money to get the Gear this good and it was all for litteraly nothing in the End that would just majorly Suck.

Mind you Iam the unluckiest Player to ever Play this game and the amount of tries I needed to get anything anywhere are easily x5 the amount of anyone Ive ever talked about it with. So that just adds Insult to Injury.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: news, coming soon, North, Northern Lands

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users