#1 Ynrii (Elgore)

Ynrii (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:59 PM

Hello everyone,

Today I’m bringing this topic because I think it’s time to change some aspects of how arena works.

To introduce the issue, you guys only have to answer 2 simple questions. If your answer happens to be a “yes”, then you probably should read this and leave your thoughts bellow!

Ok let’s start!

1. Have u ever went to arena and one of your team mates left the game after checking who your enemy team was?
  1. Have u ever went to arena and one of your team mates didn’t in any circumstances helped you out and just gave a free win to the opponent team? (example: suiciding if being a darknight or just standing, waiting for their death)

Well I’m sure your answer is YES to both of these questions, unless you only go arena with a pre made party (If that’s the case then keep reading because there will be something of your interest as well).

So what I came with to solve or prevent these two things to happen is a report system and a tip system.

How would this work?

Well, after each arena, in the chart that is shown with the participant players names and respective kills, damage, etc, will also appear two new buttons, one for report and the other one for tips.

Let’s start with the report system.

It is a pretty simple thing, and it is better understood with an example.

Example – Intentional feeding

We have player A, B and C. Sadly player C is not fighting and he is standing in the field waiting for his death. The arena ends and the chart appears. We want to punish player C because due to his intentional feeding we did not have a chance to win. So in the end we press report button and choose intentional feeding option.

Well u must be thinking what kind of punishment he will get right?

I suggest after  x number of reports, a buff will be attributed to the player for x hours and that buff will have the feature of reducing for x% the amount of blood tokens he wins per arena and bg.

Example:

10 reports = total amount of blood tokens earned are reduced by 20% for 4h.

Reaching to 50 reports, the player would be unable to go arena or bg for 2 days.

(again this is just an example)

Just to be clear, the report button would only have 2 options: intentional feeding and leaving the game/afk

Let’s move to tip system

So as report button appears, the tip button would also will appear, but first off all, what is this tip thing?

• Well tip system is an extra reward that players can receive for their stupendous work in their team. 

Example:

Once again we have player A, B and C. Player B supported his team mates in a fantastic way. In the end of the match we have the tip button. The option to tip is entirely up to each player, meaning you tip only if you want. So we tip player B.

There will be three possible options:

Tip of 2 extra tokens
(example)                          Tip of 4 extra tokens
                                          Tip of 6 extra tokens

But to tip someone means you are willing to give some of your earned blood tokens to that player.

So if you receive 75 blood tokens and you decide to tip player B with 4 extra tokens, you will only get 71 tokens. 

“But Ynrii, if I tip I will not get all tokens, why are we going to tip then?"

- I said before this will be up to each player to decide if they want to tip or not.

“With this system I’m not allowed to help my guild mates anymore”

- This is a way to prevent feeding. Do you want to help your guild mates? Tip them.

The crucial point here is to make a fair match, where you go on a 3vs3 and not on a 2vs3 or 1vs3...

"Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die"

#2 EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationHaha, no.

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:25 PM

This is beautiful.

The harder you try - the more you lose.

So work yourself dry - and drink more booze.

#3 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:15 PM

No one will ever tip anyone, cause people are too greedy on their tokens lol

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#4 Cyria (Elgore)

Cyria (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:29 PM

No one will ever tip anyone, cause people are too greedy on their tokens lol

Yep! And for these very reasons mention above is why I no longer do Arena. Honestly care less about it. I wish they had a mirror version of certain areas for people that no longer wish to PVP. Lets say like Pyramid for example.  Don't want to pvp? Go inside the mirror version where its not allowed.  I spent my years on Castles, pvp, arena, guild wars. Honestly I'm sick of pvp because of the cheats and ways people have poor sportsmanship.  

But to keep on track of the above suggestion.. - "Sounds great" 

The Devil Made me do it!

#5 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:43 PM

I do wish I could give friends my blood tokens.

The report system can be abused and will. Players are subject to being falsely accused of doing wrong.
For example, People lag and disconnect in arena.That does not mean they fed the opposite team, or other players realise they will never win against a max team so they just leave.
I do not see the issue with that. Either way the match ends in 30 seconds via death or the weaker team leaving. At least that is my experience when I go to arena in a pre made party. It is rare to see two good teams fight against each other.

Why do I feel like I would get reported just for going to arena in solo Q and killing everyone....I already get complained at daily for going solo arena and killing everyone....sad as that is.
I can see the report system being used to try and stop high level players from dominating the arena and battlegrounds.
  • Khyaran (Elgore) likes this

#6 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Locationin the confines of the mental universe

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:29 PM

smile.png

Os lábios da sabedoria estão fechados, exceto aos ouvidos do entendimento.

When you dream alone, it 's just a dream. When we dream together is the beginning of reality.

#7 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2174 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:39 PM

There's no rule to arena feeding or anything related. I Lost my hopes with arenas, it's a feeding feast and unless they make changes it's going to be like this until the end.
First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#8 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:46 AM

A penalty system can't be based on somebody's personal opinions.

• DarksKiss (Elgore) likes this

Like Royal Quest on Facebook: RoyalQuest

Follow Royal Quest on Twitter: RoyalQuest

#9 KiraQuest (Elgore)

KiraQuest (Elgore)

Event Coordinator

• Moderators
  • 1607 posts
  • LocationYork, United Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:39 PM

The above suggestions for Arena 'punishments' are unwieldy and of no benefit to anyone and would put a nail in the Arena Coffin once and for all - let's face it, if you join a random party to battle 3 people who play together all of the time, you do not stand a chance, so the whole Arena concept is inherently flawed.

My preference is for a rebuild of Arena and Duels to permit three variants :

1 : 3 vs 3 FACTION LEAGUE  - FIXED and NAMED 3 character teams - let's call them a Faction - e.g. Varlone Giants  - where a character is permanently part of a Faction with a maximum of 5 characters, so you need to play 3 out of 5  and The League is a Faction League and Factions can pre-arrange arena fights on a tournament basis - the finer detail can be worked out later.

2 : 1 on 1 CLASS LEAGUE - REPLACES Duel and ideally a smaller, even game visible fighting 'ring' in Varlone over a fixed period of battle time where you only compete against the same Class as yourself.

3 : 4x4 GLADIATORS LEAGUE - At the start of a month, you enter your OWN TEAM of 4 characters to fight vs Another Player's own 4 character team - you have to train your characters to auto-fight in-game (they do not do it automatically , so it extends the fun of Royal Quest by a massive amount)  and can choose whether your character is on AutoAttack or Autodefend or General. The Auto-fight module would require each character to spend time in Training with all sorts of features possible to enable one person to fight on their own e.g. Defend levels 1-20, Attack levels 1-20 and the Autoplaying characters would behave broadly like Fighting Pets and Rolands. This would require each character to have a Fight Score. One could even battle an Autofighting team of GameGenerating Gladiators or Mercenaries. 

If you are present when challenged then you can play one of your characters, otherwise all 4 of your Gladiators auto-fight. Results are published automatically, If you are in-game and present you can be summoned to fight one of your characters with the other 3 on autofight. You could only have one of each Main Class in a Gladiator team.

Indeed, Mercenaries could be purchased, equipped and trained by a player for more game development. Perhaps one could even create your own party of 4 or 8 fighters using your own characters plus mercenaries to battle Bosses and Elites in the game itself.

Edited by KiraQuest (Elgore), 02 February 2018 - 12:43 PM.

85478046cdaabc46b52f40a4f27cfe66.png

#10 Cyria (Elgore)

Cyria (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:49 PM

The above suggestions for Arena 'punishments' are unwieldy and of no benefit to anyone and would put a nail in the Arena Coffin once and for all - let's face it, if you join a random party to battle 3 people who play together all of the time, you do not stand a chance, so the whole Arena concept is inherently flawed.

My preference is for a rebuild of Arena and Duels to permit three variants :

1 : 3 vs 3 FACTION LEAGUE  - FIXED and NAMED 3 character teams - let's call them a Faction - e.g. Varlone Giants  - where a character is permanently part of a Faction with a maximum of 5 characters, so you need to play 3 out of 5  and The League is a Faction League and Factions can pre-arrange arena fights on a tournament basis - the finer detail can be worked out later.

2 : 1 on 1 CLASS LEAGUE - REPLACES Duel and ideally a smaller, even game visible fighting 'ring' in Varlone over a fixed period of battle time where you only compete against the same Class as yourself.

3 : 4x4 GLADIATORS LEAGUE - At the start of a month, you enter your OWN TEAM of 4 characters to fight vs Another Player's own 4 character team - you have to train your characters to auto-fight in-game (they do not do it automatically , so it extends the fun of Royal Quest by a massive amount)  and can choose whether your character is on AutoAttack or Autodefend or General. The Auto-fight module would require each character to spend time in Training with all sorts of features possible to enable one person to fight on their own e.g. Defend levels 1-20, Attack levels 1-20 and the Autoplaying characters would behave broadly like Fighting Pets and Rolands. This would require each character to have a Fight Score. One could even battle an Autofighting team of GameGenerating Gladiators or Mercenaries. 

If you are present when challenged then you can play one of your characters, otherwise all 4 of your Gladiators auto-fight. Results are published automatically, If you are in-game and present you can be summoned to fight one of your characters with the other 3 on autofight. You could only have one of each Main Class in a Gladiator team.

Indeed, Mercenaries could be purchased, equipped and trained by a player for more game development. Perhaps one could even create your own party of 4 or 8 fighters using your own characters plus mercenaries to battle Bosses and Elites in the game itself.

Above statement would be so highly abused it isn't funny. I like your ideas other wise. But to be allowed to create own fighters etc. along with mercenaries.. "abuse" out of the yeng yang!  Either way makes no matter to me. I gave up on arena long long ago. Care less of the cards, tokens etc. Care less of the whole PVP system period.. Cause it sucks!

The Devil Made me do it!

#11 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2174 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:15 PM

Just make ranked arena solo only. And a punishment system could work, it's quite easy to tell if someone is trolling or not. 

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#12 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:28 PM

Well, idc how it gets done or changed, but people will always find some way to exploit/abuse it, or to be able to feed or get fed etc etc

The only issue i have with arena at the moment is simple, people queue in a premade party (like 99% of the time), end up fighting either a random group that happens to be stronger, or just a stronger premade pt, and end up running like a mad man around the rock, to the trees, back to the rock etc etc...

If you dont want to fight in arena, why even go, you cant win every single arena you ever do, so stop ******* it up for others

The worst part is when this happen to be Dark Knights, who, whether one agrees or not, are currently the most broken class in the game, kill or be killed, simple as that

If you can win every single engagement, theres no fun in it anyway

People always complain about me being too straight forward and so on, yet i can happily say at least i have values regarding pvp, i hardly ever pot (only vs dks naturally), i never use aqua crystals, i dont (or hardly ever anyway) run to stall an arena or whatever

Now this is usually the part where people go, oh no wonder you die so fast bla bla bla, so be it, sue me lol

A separate Arena type for people who actually value a fight over mindlessly running and stalling, where you cant use pots whatsoever (an old suggestion of mine actually) would be handy for the select few who do it to kill or be killed, and dont care about points too much, like me

Edited by Khyaran (Elgore), 03 February 2018 - 02:34 PM.

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#13 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2174 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:29 PM

Yeah everyone hates people running in circles around the rocks and trees, they should remove them. Arena should be an open field and the queue should be solo. Also a good thing would be to remove the tickets, i don't see anyone wasting reales with arena tickets and if someone does is 1 out of 10 players. Pvp content should be free all day since most of 60s have nothing else to do, bgs shouldn't have this 10min cd (but we can live with it).

- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#14 Cyria (Elgore)

Cyria (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:27 PM

Yeah everyone hates people running in circles around the rocks and trees, they should remove them. Arena should be an open field and the queue should be solo. Also a good thing would be to remove the tickets, i don't see anyone wasting reales with arena tickets and if someone does is 1 out of 10 players. Pvp content should be free all day since most of 60s have nothing else to do, bgs shouldn't have this 10min cd (but we can live with it).

Not all 60's care about PVP. I can sit and names so many names that could care less about PVP or the arena. Many of us just enjoy to quest, farm, etc. Why I wish there was a mirror version of like Pyramid, and towers. Some people just honestly do not like or enjoy PVP.  If that is all the game was about, it they should change the name to Royal Quest PVP.. but it's not.. it's "Royal Quest"  so why not give that? Instead the game is focused on pvp.  

​I am not taking away from those that like it.  GO for it!  But don't take away from the ones that could care less about it either.

The Devil Made me do it!

#15 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2174 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 04 February 2018 - 07:52 PM

I was talking about arenas and battlegrounds, not pvp maps. As for pvp maps they're part of the game and yeah i know how annoying it can be when you just want to farm peacefully and people start attacking you, but again it's part of the game and only a few maps are like this. I understand some people don't like pvp and no, the game shouldn't be pvp focused but it's a feature and it's there whether some people like it or not, that's why we have guild wars where most maps become a pvp zone.

Don't get me wrong tho, but we're talking about different things. 

• Cyria (Elgore) likes this
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#16 Cyria (Elgore)

Cyria (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:33 PM

Yea

I was talking about arenas and battlegrounds, not pvp maps. As for pvp maps they're part of the game and yeah i know how annoying it can be when you just want to farm peacefully and people start attacking you, but again it's part of the game and only a few maps are like this. I understand some people don't like pvp and no, the game shouldn't be pvp focused but it's a feature and it's there whether some people like it or not, that's why we have guild wars where most maps become a pvp zone.

Don't get me wrong tho, but we're talking about different things. 

Yea, I understand. Didn't mean to highjack the thread at all. And I do understand it's part of the game build. I spent my 2 years doing PVP, Castles, guild wars.  Then left for a year, so burnt out and totally fed up with it. Now, I just want the relax of the game doing other things. I was only trying to mark my thoughts about the arena to be honest. Not everyone cares about it. But, in all I do hope one day it will be fixed. One day it will be a part of the game that is fun again. As for now, what I see is just to many ways to rule it and many that no longer enjoy it. 

The Devil Made me do it!

#17 Taniushka (Elgore)

Taniushka (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:46 PM

5 reports - 10 arenas in low priority mode(you doesnt get any blood tokens and ranking, also you can not take part in regular arena fights with players who not in LP).

That lazy guy "developer" Just need to put that cup of bear, and do some code like below biggrin.png

program "Report"

var bat_country: somewhere in otherworld textures;

begin

repit untill report count >=5

move %accountname to bat_country 

end

Its just a game..

#18 EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationHaha, no.

Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:20 AM

program "Report"

var bat_country: somewhere in otherworld textures;

begin

repit untill report count >=5

move %accountname to bat_country 

end

nice meme

The harder you try - the more you lose.

So work yourself dry - and drink more booze.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: arena

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users