• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:15 PM

http://royalcalc.org.....TaO:1a.1.-.1B

Fireball + Mental Blow + Reaper's Verdict

With Scythe

Will this work?

Striker is a Power+Speed role. The idea here is to weaken the enemy with Fireball and Mental Blow while relying on defense passives to finish with RV and Auto. It's supposed to be fast. :/

#2 Gurtheg (Elgore)

Gurtheg (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:14 PM

I have a few things to point out:
-Are you thinking PvP or PvE?
-Kind of Squishy Build
-No real reason to cast fireball instead of arrow of chaos
-RV is not that reliable in pvp
-Spellstealer is a much better talent than astral protection IMO
-Rune of Chaos and Rune of Madness are both GREAT talents you should consider investing your points on, specially since you're that far in their trees

I don't think you'll kill anyone by using these three moves you pointed out, and if you're going for Destroyer talent you ought to invest some attributes in dexterity, but I don't know about that, it's not a build I'm fond of. If you want to pvp you should consider lowering that INT to get more STA, maybe even swap those values

#3 Akroz (Elgore)

Akroz (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationYoutube

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:57 PM

like Gurtheg said i think you should consider in change thing about that tree i mean if you want to use scythe you should have dextery since scythe is the faster weapon of mage and astral protection instead of spell stealer i think is bad choice imo, also wave of strenght plus rune of chaos is pretty good to do a great combo you should consider that

#4 CottoneyePyrn (Elgore)

CottoneyePyrn (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:17 AM

I don't understand exactly how rune of chaos works... Isn't it single target? Why would I use a single target spell that gives only 50% of my damage potential? That seems more like a debuff to me.

And yeah, I'm aiming for PvE, since Scythe Warlock's role in PvP is usurped by other classes.

I don't want to take away Kinetic Shield but if my End is increased enough I guess it shouldn't be a problem. Same thing for Pure Mind since I'm losing all my Luck points and crit chance +30% would no longer matter. All these changes would make combat slower overall imo since my Int and Crt are majorly decreasing and being replaced by Agi (supposedly useless) and End (which makes no sense to max if I'm not a tank, but whatevs).

Lastly, then: Wave of Strength vs Rune of Madness.

[According to your suggests, Int = 38, End = 100, Agi = 100, Crt = 1.]

#5 Akroz (Elgore)

Akroz (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationYoutube

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:45 PM

if you are aiming to PvE i suggest this build 

http://royalcalc.org...1.Tq0:1a.1K.t.1

#6 Sheele (Elgore)

Sheele (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:43 AM

pls go for it :D, seens fun.

signature_sheele_by_spawndragonangel-d7y

#7 CottoneyePyrn (Elgore)

CottoneyePyrn (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:02 AM

if you are aiming to PvE i suggest this build 

http://royalcalc.org...1.Tq0:1a.1K.t.1

WHY? What's special about that build? How does it work?

And once again - explain to me how Rune of Chaos is in any way good.

#8 Akroz (Elgore)

Akroz (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationYoutube

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:14 AM

ok so
basic of magic: alchemist is good because you will be able to use potion more often, Fiery Disaster good for mobs cuz all you do is force field->rain of fire->fire wall and stream of mana to recover more mana.

Devastation: destroyer for the aoe dmg, demonic blood cuz is extra dmg you can do which is really good to kill mobs and the other to do more dmg and have always 1 point of concentration(the description of the last 2 skill of devastation are wrong) and rune of chaos deal extra dmg to the enemy if u are trying to kill a elite or something like that.

Filth: poisonous blood for the extra dmg.

Madness:well to say in a few words to heal more, to run if you cant deal with the mobs and to take less dmg from the enemy who have large distance.

#9 CottoneyePyrn (Elgore)

CottoneyePyrn (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:55 AM

Oh, so Rune of Chaos is actually 150% damage on a single target? That makes much more sense than what I thought it said x.x

#10 Roclyfe (Elgore)

Roclyfe (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:55 PM

I don't understand exactly how rune of chaos works... Isn't it single target? Why would I use a single target spell that gives only 50% of my damage potential? That seems more like a debuff to me.

And yeah, I'm aiming for PvE, since Scythe Warlock's role in PvP is usurped by other classes.

I think Scythe Warlock can definitely hold their ground as a PVP class. With the rune of devastation, and whatever other rune you go you can deal some nasty damage. You can open like this Devastation->Teleportation (If you started from a distance in a duel etc)->Reaper's verdict (provided you have at least one concentration generated by some means)-> Arrow of Chaos (Each tick is amplified as well)-> Seal of Silence etc

However, if you are considering going PVE only, devastation and filth runes are the way to go. Your DPS will be very high. Also, with Dark Times in the filth tree, you would be able to keep your rune of devastation going on FOREVER: Devastation lasts 20s, Circle of Time has a 10s CD.

[According to your suggests, Int = 38, End = 100, Agi = 100, Crt = 1.]

If you keep int at 38 you end up losing 214 potential damage. You can easily remove some stamina (Keep in mind 10 pts of stamina is only 660 health and some mana, which can easily be regained through upgrading gear etc). Dexterity can also be removed for some int because there are tons of ways in boosting your dex.

I don't wanna type anymore so if you have any questions, just PM me. IGN: Malefyx

#11 CottoneyePyrn (Elgore)

CottoneyePyrn (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:33 PM

Thanks for the advice! ^^ And I will! :D

New:

Version 1) http://royalcalc.org....4dhn:1a.1.-.1B

Version 2) http://royalcalc.org...Ib.1v:1a.1.-.1B

--

v3: http://royalcalc.org...UIR.:1a.1.10.1B

Finished w/ aid by Malefyx and all you other coolbros and pegasistas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users