#21 Dalmaska (Elgore)

Dalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationDreadnought Leviathan

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:13 PM

Only noob rogues can't kill mobs pve lmao. 

I'm refering here mostly to assassins.

Most of people who create assassin/thief as their main char before learning other classes are noobs, I may sound mean but it's true.

I often check equips that assassins/thieves on 60 have, and I can say that majority of these classes on 60 will have a big struggle to kill even single mobs on new maps.

Far North's Highest Slayer Commandeers For PvE To Rejuvenate!

#22 Dalmaska (Elgore)

Dalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:18 PM

Can't wait to see the dk's and hunters cry about the nerfs and calling sin op and busted again.

Hunters aren't going to change anytime soon, even if, I can't see how this class could be nerfed in pve.

Dk's even after nerf they'll still pull entire locations, gotta accept it.

Lost my hope for assassins long ago, for me this class practically doesnt exist anymore.

Only few assassins left on servers that you can call strong, and they are still fragile. Which is a shame, I loved this class back in the day.

#23 Dalmaska (Elgore)

Dalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:19 PM

Anyway, my point is, some classes won't be able to go to new locations, and farm anything there.

Let's face it.

#24 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2236 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:40 PM

You know you can multiquote and edit your own post, right? There's no need to make 3 different posts.

And i disagree, all classes are good pve. Some better than others, yes, but it doesn't mean the rest is bad.  Plus you don't need to go solo, you can make a party and go.

Edited by Solsagan (Elgore), 20 February 2018 - 02:44 PM.

• Tinamar-Darkfire (Elgore) and Elyss (Elgore) like this

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses

#25 Morŧred (Elgore)

Morŧred (Elgore)

The Master Thief

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationBurgas, Bulgaria

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:11 PM

I do believe I have found leaked footage of the new level 63/65 Greaves for Assassin:

Spoiler

... Better get into shape so they can fit.

Spoiler

• Khyaran (Elgore), Ðarknight (Elgore), Elyss (Elgore) and 1 other like this

#26 Knighttmare (Elgore)

Knighttmare (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:03 PM

The new patch seems promising, but I was wondering, will we get new skills points to increase the skill tree ? 

#27 Dalmaska (Elgore)

Dalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:59 AM

You know you can multiquote and edit your own post, right? There's no need to make 3 different posts.

And i disagree, all classes are good pve. Some better than others, yes, but it doesn't mean the rest is bad.  Plus you don't need to go solo, you can make a party and go.

The thing is, the biggest benefit is when you can go hunt by yourself, even if it means killing just by 1 enemy (at least thats what I think) and assassins well...

They can't even do quests 50+ without help.

Average assassin on 60 (+5 eq, blue/green seals and few cards) isn't even able to beat 1 vs 1 ogre, or terran (and that's an actual fact, no matter how sad it may sound)

Judging by how strong these mobs are on test server, where even strong classes struggle with beating them, I deny to bielieve that more than 50% assassins on 60 will kill anything there, let alone drop.

Snipers and thieves as well, altough they have a bit easier.

Again, Strongest pve classes right now (dks, hunters, sorcerers, which I think overall are most productive classes in game) will complete the new eq much faster and easier than the others, making the gap between "strong" and "weak" even bigger than it already is.

Not trying to veil this patch in black, just saying how I see it, especially because I have assassin friends, that I know won't be able to handle new enemies, after seeing these mobs on test servers.

#28 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2236 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:24 AM

Any assassin 50+ unable to complete quests alone (expect the ones with pt requirement) is noob.  The only thing that hurts me when i'm doing pve with my assassin is the reflect aura. And i have a low lvl assassin to just to confirm what i say in case you think i'm talking about a +11 orange one. Your assssin friends just don't know what they're doing.

• Khyaran (Elgore), DarksKiss (Elgore), Reikkan (Elgore) and 2 others like this

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses

#29 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:26 AM

My 50 cents on Assassins. It takes skill and knowledge to play a sin. Quite frankly 90% of the server lacks the skill and ability to play assassins. That's why you only see 3-4 really good endgame sins.

Everyone else is so used to playing the meta classes they forgot how little skill it requires to play those classes. They only know how to smash some buttons. DK's, hunters, sorcs, make up most of our active population and they require very little skill to kill stuff pve wise. Even then I see full +11 DK's not using rampant and dieing to archon....
Any +7 sin will do fine pve. Ofc other class can do it easier but it's doable. The new 65 maps should be a little tough. Nothing ridiculously hard but reasonable. And if a +6-7 sin can not kill a 60 mob 1v1 then he's doing something very wrong. No offence but unless it's a reflect buff no excuse. Pulling a ton of mobs is a different story now. Even then I seen a few +8 Russian sins pull half of NK and kill everything solo.

PvP Talk

If the sins get more dmg(buff) and half the server tries to play the class this will be hilarious. It will be the top 3 assassins going on a killing spree against a bunch of noobs. Just like how the top 3 DK's currently slaughter everyone including the 20other wanna be good DK's.🤣🤣🤣

It's 2018 and people still don't know how to play thier classes PvP & PvE.
  • Elyss (Elgore) likes this

#30 Dalmaska (Elgore)

Dalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:57 AM

My 50 cents on Assassins. It takes skill and knowledge to play a sin. Quite frankly 90% of the server lacks the skill and ability to play assassins. That's why you only see 3-4 really good endgame sins.

Everyone else is so used to playing the meta classes they forgot how little skill it requires to play those classes. They only know how to smash some buttons. DK's, hunters, sorcs, make up most of our active population and they require very little skill to kill stuff pve wise. Even then I see full +11 DK's not using rampant and dieing to archon....
Any +7 sin will do fine pve. Ofc other class can do it easier but it's doable. The new 65 maps should be a little tough. Nothing ridiculously hard but reasonable. And if a +6-7 sin can not kill a 60 mob 1v1 then he's doing something very wrong. No offence but unless it's a reflect buff no excuse. Pulling a ton of mobs is a different story now. Even then I seen a few +8 Russian sins pull half of NK and kill everything solo.

PvP Talk

If the sins get more dmg(buff) and half the server tries to play the class this will be hilarious. It will be the top 3 assassins going on a killing spree against a bunch of noobs. Just like how the top 3 DK's currently slaughter everyone including the 20other wanna be good DK's.

It's 2018 and people still don't know how to play thier classes PvP & PvE.

What hurts me the most is that sins on high lvls have no idea how to farm or make a good build.

Other classes too, but for sin it results way more fatal than other classes if they do something wrong.

Ofc you, and solsa don't have these problems, you are pros in your class, but looking from a point of average assassin player with little knowledge of game and weak equips, some things are way harder than for other classes with same knowledge/equips.

Can't even count how many times I had to help assassins find corpses of mage in pyramid because they were dying from everything there, or how many times I had to collect 7 ogre skulls because they didn't stand a chance with these ogres 1 vs 1, yet I barely see other classes having these problem.

I'm not overexagerating with these ogres.

Woocash for example is a very skilled sin player, he was playing and loving this class since I remember.

When he was 59lv with good +6 equips and had to do skulls of ogres, he was trying to kill an ogre but he couldn't.

We tried all methods.

It just wasn't possible.

Even better, I know few assassins, not the worst ones, that never even got acces to the twilight cave because they weren't able to protect aqua from all waves of mobs to get the acces.

I could go so on and on, but I think we all know how bad this class fell.

Altough I understand that very strong and skilled players who are always only around players of the same kind may not see that, I'm playing often with weaker and average players, and oh boy, can I see the issue :)

#31 Reya (Elgore)

Reya (Elgore)

*dlamk's title here*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:31 AM

What hurts me the most is that sins on high lvls have no idea how to farm or make a good build.
Other classes too, but for sin it results way more fatal than other classes if they do something wrong.
Ofc you, and solsa don't have these problems, you are pros in your class, but looking from a point of average assassin player with little knowledge of game and weak equips, some things are way harder than for other classes with same knowledge/equips.

Can't even count how many times I had to help assassins find corpses of mage in pyramid because they were dying from everything there, or how many times I had to collect 7 ogre skulls because they didn't stand a chance with these ogres 1 vs 1, yet I barely see other classes having these problem.

I'm not overexagerating with these ogres.
Woocash for example is a very skilled sin player, he was playing and loving this class since I remember.
When he was 59lv with good +6 equips and had to do skulls of ogres, he was trying to kill an ogre but he couldn't.
We tried all methods.
It just wasn't possible.

Even better, I know few assassins, not the worst ones, that never even got acces to the twilight cave because they weren't able to protect aqua from all waves of mobs to get the acces.

I could go so on and on, but I think we all know how bad this class fell.
Altough I understand that very strong and skilled players who are always only around players of the same kind may not see that, I'm playing often with weaker and average players, and oh boy, can I see the issue :)

Hmm, now I want to get clean non-slotted gear just to show how it's done. 👀

imageedit_1_7978229463.jpg

#32 Dalmaska (Elgore)

Dalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:50 AM

Hmm, now I want to get clean non-slotted gear just to show how it's done.

You better show 'em how it's done!

#33 Reya (Elgore)

Reya (Elgore)

*dlamk's title here*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:18 PM

You better show 'em how it's done!

http://prntscr.com/ihswx9Close as I could get it. The armor wasn't on the market so I just ended up using that seal of the winter guardian. but even with 2k defense, i was able to kill it. Yes, i used pots and such, but still, even with no armor and no +/seals on the gear, I was able to kill the ogre. You can argue that "the winter guardian gives healing", but this proves it's more of just the persons play style. They're just doing something wrong. Anyone can easy be +5 green and kill ogres. Here are the talents I was using at the time.   http://prntscr.com/ihszbe

Edited by PhantomQuiver (Elgore), 21 February 2018 - 01:20 PM.

#34 Reya (Elgore)

Reya (Elgore)

*dlamk's title here*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:29 PM

Here's a video of it as well, Just in case you or anyone thought I swapped gears at the end.

#35 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:25 PM

In all honesty, most classes can be played like some dks do nowadays, i see pvp hunters run around throwing their traps, stunning and parasite, which is all they do, no jumping away, no other skills, nothing, same for some DK's, being aptly named 2 button kings, crushing blow and domination, some dks dont know any other skills it seems

Same for some Sins/Thieves, snipers, sorcs/wl

Classes can be played as simplistic or advanced as the player itself chooses, most hunters in Forsaken Light for example, use Every single skill we have, at pretty much any time possible, i find it shows the difference between people who are knowledgeable about their class, and who just use the "op" skills and think they are good players

PvE wise i think most classes can do well, but frankly, its an MMO, youre not supposed to be able to solo everything, if anything youre supposed to team up with friends (not always needed, but regardless)

If you want to solo everything, might as well go play an RPG or something lol

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#36 Dalmaska (Elgore)

Dalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:46 PM

http://prntscr.com/ihswx9Close as I could get it. The armor wasn't on the market so I just ended up using that seal of the winter guardian. but even with 2k defense, i was able to kill it. Yes, i used pots and such, but still, even with no armor and no +/seals on the gear, I was able to kill the ogre. You can argue that "the winter guardian gives healing", but this proves it's more of just the persons play style. They're just doing something wrong. Anyone can easy be +5 green and kill ogres. Here are the talents I was using at the time.   http://prntscr.com/ihszbe

Great Job :)

I'll planning to do myself assassin too

Altough last time I gave up on 44lv, since I was dying on normal mobs with +6 eq ;/

#37 Reya (Elgore)

Reya (Elgore)

*dlamk's title here*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:57 PM

Eh, again varies on playstyle. Assassins don't always focus on killing. They have many ways to avoid and reduce DMG, use it to your advantage. Don't always focus on taking it dead on.

Edited by PhantomQuiver (Elgore), 21 February 2018 - 02:58 PM.

#38 Tigerina (Elgore)

Tigerina (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:29 PM

I do believe I have found leaked footage of the new level 63/65 Greaves for Assassin:

Spoiler

... Better get into shape so they can fit.

Spoiler

ohmy.png   What are those, and where can I find them?!?!?  wub.png

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: news, coming soon, the north, northern lands, monsters, equipment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users