#1 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:38 AM

Warriors of Elenia!

2c30ac573959e2b234f49705296da5f3.png

The permanent safety of the passage to Aranta through Kabuk has been declared to be vital to the joining of Aranta to Elenia and Royal Advisers are insisting something has to be done now!

Our most experienced and skilful warriors are called to help yet again after their incredible success with the recent Orc Hunt. Orc raiders have scattered in fear, and northern trade routes are safer, at least from Orcs for now.

Still another problem persists and a big problem indeed - Hugo! This monstrous giant terrorizes Kabuk and threatens our expeditions to The North. Our duty is to defend citizens of Elenia!

Best Hugo hunters will be generously rewarded:

FIRST PLACE - The character who takes part in the most number of killings of Hugo during the event (the absolute winner) will be awarded the Hugo's Card (personal to that character) and 1000 Insignia of Distinction.

SECOND & THIRD PLACE characters will be awarded with BOTH Experienced Adventurer AND Adventure Lust decorations (Bound to account) and 1000 Insignia of Distinction.

FOURTH TO TENTH places will be awarded with 500 Insignia of Distinction.

FINALLY - All characters who have taken part in killing Hugo during this event (excluding the future absolute winner of course) will be allocated a single Hunt Draw number from our Entrants Spreadsheet and we will then use Random.com to choose the winning number. The Prize will be the Hugo's Card (personal to the character) and 1000 Insignia of Distinction. 

The Hunt will run for TWO WEEKS from Thursday 22 February after scheduled maintenance and run up to 10.00 GMT, Thursday 8 March (scheduled maintenance)

Requirements:

1. To take part in the killing you should deal damage Hugo and stay alive in the moment of his death. If you die you can resurrect for reales or be resurrected by other players, but you can't leave to another map.

2. During the event Hugo will not drop his usual loot, gold or equipment.

3. During the event 20 best damage dealers will have 50% chance to get a Card Album after Hugo's death.

4. If we shall have two or more absolute winners, the number of personal kills will be taken into consideration.

5. We reserve the right to choose extra rewards for some special cases.

6. A character can be removed from the personal competition in case of any severe breach of the Game rules during the event or indulges in Mob-Dropping or other actions in order to willfully kill other characters (including any characters in Guild Wars). As usually, any breach of this sort should be reported to the Community Manager in pm - with a video proof only.

There is no obligation for players/characters to register in this thread to take part, our logs will record ALL Hugo Kill participants.

Like Royal Quest on Facebook: RoyalQuest

Follow Royal Quest on Twitter: RoyalQuest

#2 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationBright Shield

Posted 22 February 2018 - 11:00 AM

This is just an absolute nonsense. Awarding people a Hugo card for an Event? 

First time i've seen this kind of BS on this game. 

Lets start giving boss cards for contests then, I don't even understand the adms anymore.

• Sagehako (Elgore) likes this

If you need a support for tanking anything, you still aren't able to tank it. 

#3 Lhafyus (Elgore)

Lhafyus (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBrazil, São Paulo

Posted 22 February 2018 - 11:15 AM

Will the count be by account or character? because I have a tank and a DPS ... ?

Edited by Lhafyus (Elgore), 22 February 2018 - 11:15 AM.

#4 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2200 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 22 February 2018 - 11:21 AM

I'd say Character. Imagine if someone has 10 characters and you having to tracking down each one of them to know how many times the account owner took participation in killing?.  Doesn't make sense.

Let's see what Enya says about this, what i said it's just my opinion

Edited by Solsagan (Elgore), 22 February 2018 - 11:21 AM.

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#5 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 11:27 AM

Will the count be by account or character? because I have a tank and a DPS ... ?

The count will be for a character.

#6 ZapScarlet (Elgore)

ZapScarlet (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 11:47 AM

I can officially say that this is the biggest shit you've ever done. Not even announcing boss timers was this bad and unrespectful for the players who actually dropped a Hugo Card by EFFORT.
  • Reikkan (Elgore) likes this

#7 Nikolaa (Elgore)

Nikolaa (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:03 PM

The count will be for a character.

When i remember all the time's enya keeps saying "cards are a symbol of luck" 3 months later i drop a mob card from a chest (the ones that are cracked with keys bought with reals(that i obtained from the orc guestimator) 2 weeks later they are giving away boss cards in a event 1 for the top killer and 1 random guy = cards are no longer a symbol of luck anymore so what are they now?... and the 50% chance of a card album to drop on death for top 20 dps? 10/10

#edit - i didnt mean anything bad but the rewards are unreal for this event.

Edited by Nikolaa (Elgore), 22 February 2018 - 12:06 PM.

#8 Ragedrop (Elgore)

Ragedrop (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:05 PM

Every single time you think it cant get any weirder and worse you can bet there will be either a patch or an event to prove you wrong..

Bosscards for Events now? Feelsbad I spent years farming cards lol....

• Khyaran (Elgore) and Reikkan (Elgore) like this

We are Legion - Forged in Fire

Bathed in Blood - Encased in Iron

Rise and Conquer - Fight for Honor

Find Peace in Death - Onto Valhalla

Lay me to rest - I'll die with Honor 

#9 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2200 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:13 PM

You guys talk as if there are 30 hugo cards in game and everyone of you have one lmao. Giving a card from a boss we barely kill as a reward can be too much? Yes, but it was the same at ru servers and if here was different you guys would make complaints regardless. I think it's valid if moves people outside of varlone to do something. Giving 2 cards in an event is better than a permanent x3 drop rate that resulted in a huge wave of boss cards in game, imo.

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#10 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:23 PM

I'm in for this event. I'll showup for every hugo.
I always wanted to put a Hugo card in my gold set. Just my guild stops me from doing that.

#11 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:34 PM

This is just an absolute nonsense. Awarding people a Hugo card for an Event? 

First time i've seen this kind of BS on this game. 

Lets start giving boss cards for contests then, I don't even understand the adms anymore.

Yes, we never did this before and we are not going to do this in future. Hugo is the special case.

#12 ZapScarlet (Elgore)

ZapScarlet (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:44 PM

It is a special case because this is the only boss people rarely do because they are lazy and it is hard moving 20 asses to kill him
  • Reikkan (Elgore) and Sagehako (Elgore) like this

#13 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:00 PM

I can officially say that this is the biggest shit you've ever done. Not even announcing boss timers was this bad and unrespectful for the players who actually dropped a Hugo Card by EFFORT.

Hugo hasn't been weakened. The same effort, if not more, is needed to kill him.

• Elyss (Elgore) likes this

#14 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationBright Shield

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:01 PM

It is a special case because this is the only boss people rarely do because they are lazy and it is hard moving 20 asses to kill him

We've done it with 8 players, but I totally agree with you here - Adms shouldn't make a "special case" just because people are lazy to do a boss

If you need a support for tanking anything, you still aren't able to tank it. 

#15 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:05 PM

When i remember all the time's enya keeps saying "cards are a symbol of luck" 3 months later i drop a mob card from a chest (the ones that are cracked with keys bought with reals(that i obtained from the orc guestimator) 2 weeks later they are giving away boss cards in a event 1 for the top killer and 1 random guy = cards are no longer a symbol of luck anymore so what are they now?... and the 50% chance of a card album to drop on death for top 20 dps? 10/10

#edit - i didnt mean anything bad but the rewards are unreal for this event.

50% chance for every damage dealer does not mean 10/10.

Rewards are meant to get players interested in the event.

#16 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:10 PM

We've done it with 8 players, but I totally agree with you here - Adms shouldn't make a "special case" just because people are lazy to do a boss

Lazy people will stay in Varlone just the same nourishing their laziness. Those who will be most active in the event will have the chance to get the absolute reward.

#17 ZapScarlet (Elgore)

ZapScarlet (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:13 PM

Lazy people will stay in Varlone just the same nourishing their laziness. Those who will be most active in the event will have the chance to get the absolute reward.

Lazy people who used to be in Varlone or doing easier bosses will start killing Hugo to grant the card for their guild

#18 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:15 PM

Every single time you think it cant get any weirder and worse you can bet there will be either a patch or an event to prove you wrong..

Bosscards for Events now? Feelsbad I spent years farming cards lol....

One day you will be disappointed ph34r.png

• Ragedrop (Elgore) likes this

#19 Foston (Elgore)

Foston (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:16 PM

reikkan its just mad cause he owns the single hugo at the moment that its being well used at his bank xD lmao

#20 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2200 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:17 PM

The card is personal.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: news, event, hunt, Hugo Hunt, The North

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users