• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#21 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:21 PM

Lazy people who used to be in Varlone or doing easier bosses will start killing Hugo to grant the card for their guild

Then, at least they will try to do something for their guild. For once.

• Reya (Elgore), Genius (Elgore) and Khyaran (Elgore) like this

Like Royal Quest on Facebook: RoyalQuest

Follow Royal Quest on Twitter: RoyalQuest

#22 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Locationin the confines of the mental universe

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:23 PM

knew that there would be weeping on the part of those who deflowered the first hugo, biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png

• DarksKiss (Elgore) likes this

#23 Cyria (Elgore)

Cyria (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:29 PM

This is just an absolute nonsense. Awarding people a Hugo card for an Event? 

First time i've seen this kind of BS on this game. 

Lets start giving boss cards for contests then, I don't even understand the adms anymore.

Agreed, not to mention only the top guilds will get them anyway. As if they are going to let anyone else join. Or come in and kill steal it. Honestly, worst event  I have ever seen in my 3 years here. Totally unbalanced and unfair.

The Devil Made me do it!

#24 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:37 PM

Oh cry me a river. Stop crying about the event. Accept the change and move on. It took 2 years to drop the first card anyways.
Big. Someone is going to complain. I don't see what the issue is? Many guilds worked hard in the past to kill it. So it happens as gets lucky and drops it. Boo boo. They aren't just handing out free cards. People actually have to show up. It's not like this punishes active players. The lazy people will still do nothing.

Honestly, Enya this is a great event. Many players sit in Varlone and do not go to bosses because they feel like they will never get a chance getting the card. They feel the card will never drop and if it drops they will not get the card. In fact do more events like this for other bosses. However keep the normal drop rate and what not though.
  • Solsagan (Elgore), Genius (Elgore), Khyaran (Elgore) and 2 others like this

#25 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2236 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:39 PM

Jesus people can't read.

You don't need to Join a guild or a party to participate. You Just need to hit the Boss and stay alive. There's no guild thing here, one card is going to be rolled to everyone who took participation and the other card goes to the player who participates the most.
  • Khyaran (Elgore), Augizz (Elgore), DarksKiss (Elgore) and 1 other like this

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses

#26 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:42 PM

Yes. ^^ this event has nothing to do with big guild's or top players. A 50 hunter could win if he shows up enough ffs.

#27 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:44 PM

For once others have cried enough that i can say (as rare as this is) zip it and play guys, everyone gets a chance on this, stop being so focused on oh but (insert useless reasoning here to why this is bad)

Edited by Khyaran (Elgore), 22 February 2018 - 02:00 PM.

• Elyss (Elgore) likes this

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#28 Sagehako (Elgore)

Sagehako (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:13 PM

You guys talk as if there are 30 hugo cards in game and everyone of you have one lmao. Giving a card from a boss we barely kill as a reward can be too much? Yes, but it was the same at ru servers and if here was different you guys would make complaints regardless. I think it's valid if moves people outside of varlone to do something. Giving 2 cards in an event is better than a permanent x3 drop rate that resulted in a huge wave of boss cards in game, imo.

Do not drop the hugo card because they do not kill sluggards. Az guild killed 2 hugos per day in 1 week.

Do not drop the hugo card because they do not kill sluggards. Az guil killed 2 hugos per day in 1 week.

#29 Sagehako (Elgore)

Sagehako (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:16 PM

Lazy people will stay in Varlone just the same nourishing their laziness. Those who will be most active in the event will have the chance to get the absolute reward.

We can stay active until the end of the event. Then we were pre-eminent in varlone. ;)

We can stay active until the end of the event. Then we were pre-eminent in varlone. ;)

#30 Rodrigo (Elgore)

Rodrigo (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:23 PM

Fun is see ppl crying about a card but remember everyone have to kill hugo for 2 weeks so they arent any putting EFFORT into it? nonsense is see ppl who dropped the card and dont even use it. And if these ppl really care about this game you guys should be playing  and enjoying the event and not bitching here and as Solsagan said its not like we have 30 hugos card we arent russian server which have way more players than us, ppl are lazy? YES, but at least someone of them will have something to do for 2 weeks and its better than camp varlone, right? wink.png

• Khyaran (Elgore) likes this

#31 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:03 PM

Hey, who knows, maybe after the event suddenly 3 Hugo cards drop in a week xD

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#32 Reya (Elgore)

Reya (Elgore)

*dlamk's title here*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:48 PM

All I'm seeing is people looking at a gift horse in the mouth.
  • Elyss (Elgore) likes this

imageedit_1_7978229463.jpg

#33 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2236 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:52 PM

People will always find a reason to make complaints about anything. The case about this event is funny tho, because either they didn't read how it works or some are just mad because it's a random matter. I didn't see any these players being so negative to the x3 permanent drop rate, and following your "free card" statement, the number of cards dropped since this drop rate change is far higher than 2 hugos.  Who cares if people didn't kill hugo before, this event won't change this, trust me. But you should look to the opportunity that everyone(it doesn't matter if you're top damage, tanker or even 60)  has to win a good card. 

• Reya (Elgore) and Elyss (Elgore) like this

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses

#34 Dalmaska (Elgore)

Dalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationDreadnought Leviathan

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:02 PM

This is the weirdest thing I've seen in my life EVER, but I'll just pretend this event never happened, no way I'll kill Hugo even once, and anyone who agrees with me should do just the same.

This event is insane but instead of crying, just show how you disagree with it by not partycipating in it at all.

And no, my reason not to join isn't because I think I won't win anything, frankly, it's the opposite.

I didn't fall low enough to profit from this kind of BS, droping and selling clover seems like heaven in comparison to this.

Edited by Dalmaska (Elgore), 22 February 2018 - 04:03 PM.

• Khyaran (Elgore) and Ragedrop (Elgore) like this

Far North's Highest Slayer Commandeers For PvE To Rejuvenate!

#35 Reya (Elgore)

Reya (Elgore)

*dlamk's title here*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:12 PM

Warriors of Elenia![/
FINALLY - All characters who have taken part in killing Hugo during this event (excluding the future absolute winner of course) will be allocated a single Hunt Draw number from our Entrants Spreadsheet and we will then use Random.com to choose the winning number. The Prize will be the Hugo's Card (personal to the character) and 1000 Insignia of Distinction.
[size=5]There is no obligation for players/characters to register in this thread to take part, our logs will record ALL Hugo Kill participants.

Only one can win this right? Regardless of level as long as they patriciate?

Edited by PhantomQuiver (Elgore), 22 February 2018 - 05:13 PM.

imageedit_1_7978229463.jpg

#36 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:14 PM

Only one can win this right? Regardless of level as long as they patriciate?

Yes, only one random participant.

Like Royal Quest on Facebook: RoyalQuest

Follow Royal Quest on Twitter: RoyalQuest

#37 Haku (Elgore)

Haku (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:20 PM

Wow ..aha oo ..what...

My reactions while reading...

just 1 question..its all good but 50% chance of album drop for top 20 dps...  what about a tank...who is tanking he cant do damage and a sorc who is supporting...ok i get it thay be participating in evennt and get event prize ..its just a question for top 20 dps thats all..

well i guess i will try to show myself and stay alive...

• Reikkan (Elgore) likes this

“Even the weak

can take down a massive force in one blow,

+                                                                                             if they aim carefully.”

“Food tastes best

when

you sit around

and eat it with everyone!”

#38 Foston (Elgore)

Foston (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:24 PM

theres is some part of it thar didnt get it if 10 players kill all hugos untill end of it who gots the card?

#39 Dalmaska (Elgore)

Dalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationDreadnought Leviathan

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:55 PM

theres is some part of it thar didnt get it if 10 players kill all hugos untill end of it who gots the card?

p2w

Far North's Highest Slayer Commandeers For PvE To Rejuvenate!

#40 Tinamar-Darkfire (Elgore)

Tinamar-Darkfire (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:15 PM

Enya's main post says this :

4. If we shall have two or more absolute winners, the number of personal kills will be taken into consideration.

I take it, someone always manages to have the finishing blow, maybe that counts as personal kill and is what be taken in consideration?

But still could mean any kill in the area in the event of killing Hugo ...

I guess its best to wait what Enya says to that.

And pls, just because you waited 2 years for the first card drop, or are the lucky one to have one of the Hugo cards, pretty please, refrain from crying, and saying how it is unfair.

It is an event for all, made with best intentions as a preparation for the new maps. It can bring to North Kabuk even people of lower levels, who maybe didnt knew the map is there yet, because their quest didnt lead them there until now. Why being jealous that there be two lucky people who may get the card? Why not wish someone else the happiness of maybe becoming the one to get it? If you are that bored, because all your characters are already leveled to 60, with all your equipment maxed out, be ensured there are many more, who dont have that privilage yet, and work hard, and no they aint lazy and aint sitting in Varlone, they walk around other maps, collect experience, items, are having their fun with the quests on hand. They do it in their spare time, after school, after work, dont judge. Not everyone is glued to one place, not everyone has to be in mood to come to the game daily. If you been doing that, that was your right, but everyone goes on their own speed to their goals they want to achieve in this game.

Please remember we are one community here, we are in the same game, fighting for the same thing, to become better, some with more luck - some with less, but just dont say something is bad, only because your ego doesnt like it, and if you cannot let someone else be lucky and happy with a gift from some event, then yourself dont deserve to be lucky or happy either.

If you want to boycott the event, do it - just how you wanna prove you would be the one able to get it? (shakes head)

I am sure there be more people who will try, and give their best, if not all two weeks, they will participate when and how they can, just to see if they can take on the boss or not, and they learn their weaknesses they need to work on.

But stop standing out like a nutcracker against the admins (you really might bite on a stone and it be only a broken teeth for you not them). I doubt their intentions been to get you mad with the event. They just try to give you something to spend your time with, so your "lazy ass" (to those who really think they are lazy, and those who call others lazy but its trule them, who is sitting in the Varlone in first place) gets a bit movement.

Peace out, and I will see ya at the event.

(May die a lot, but that does not stop me from trying)

• Solsagan (Elgore), Genius (Elgore), Elle (Elgore) and 1 other like this

Life's already too serious

Don't make your games be the same

They are suppose to be fun

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: news, event, hunt, Hugo Hunt, The North

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users