Ragedrop (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:29 AM

Spoiler

Once again I am in awe of the newest addition of the "Royal Quest never fails to live up to its standards" series - I feel bad my Ent turns useless but I feel REALLY bad Dark spent close to 500 Dollars last night to finally buy a Destructor Card... 

Iam litterally speechless.

We are Legion - Forged in Fire

Bathed in Blood - Encased in Iron

Rise and Conquer - Fight for Honor

Find Peace in Death - Onto Valhalla

Lay me to rest - I'll die with Honor 

#22 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:54 AM

Spoiler

Once again I am in awe of the newest addition of the "Royal Quest never fails to live up to its standards" series - I feel bad my Ent turns useless but I feel REALLY bad Dark spent close to 500 Dollars last night to finally buy a Destructor Card... 

Iam litterally speechless.

96d89abb3cc6d7145159f15f1a878dcb.png

The change will affect only cards dropped after the update. Cards you have now will keep their current bonuses.

Thank you for paying attention.

• DarksKiss (Elgore) likes this

Like Royal Quest on Facebook: RoyalQuest

Follow Royal Quest on Twitter: RoyalQuest

#23 Ragedrop (Elgore)

Ragedrop (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:00 AM

Judgeing by the power of Google Translate that sentence could have meant anything from current, to new, to ever dropped Cards - if Current Cards keep their Bonuses thats great and all - well maybe not for everyone but hey its something.
Also "attention" isnt really what Iam lacking, but the ability to make out nuances in google translate sheets ^^

• Khyaran (Elgore) likes this

We are Legion - Forged in Fire

Bathed in Blood - Encased in Iron

Rise and Conquer - Fight for Honor

Find Peace in Death - Onto Valhalla

Lay me to rest - I'll die with Honor 

#24 Nikolaa (Elgore)

Nikolaa (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:40 AM

96d89abb3cc6d7145159f15f1a878dcb.png

The change will affect only cards dropped after the update. Cards you have now will keep their current bonuses.

what about cards from the arcon shop? will there be both of the versions? or only the ones after the update?

#edit - i ask because arcon shards arent that easy to farm out 13k for a ent or something else wich is why i ask.

Edited by Nikolaa (Elgore), 27 February 2018 - 10:45 AM.

#25 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2236 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:11 AM

Trying to see the big picture here:

I agree that some cards are too good in pvp and are easily farmed. Next patch almost everyone is getting buffed up, specially sins and thieves, i can see a reason to nerf Descrutor's %defense ignore but devs should make sure there will still be a balance. But i don't know for now, surely more cards and boss cards are coming, i hope these new cards balance the nerf in the current ones, and i feel bard for people who still doesn't has ent card. The new ent is pure trash, it's a better version of golden card of aprentice lol. Buffing the boss to make it hard to kill and keep the card > leaving the boss as it is and making it's card bad.

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses

#26 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:49 PM

Well, ill just go for a GT card, a Royal Spider and a Rat Queen then, seems that will give more benefits then my current dream cards...

And be honest here, what is the reasoning behind nerfing 2 of the most wanted cards in the game, its not like Des drops every week

Which other cards will be affected? (full list please, instead of the usual half assed info, updates!!!)

Edited by Khyaran (Elgore), 27 February 2018 - 01:54 PM.

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#27 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:01 PM

Which other cards will be affected? (full list please, instead of the usual half assed info, updates!!!)

The list will be published with the patch notes.

#28 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:28 PM

Yeah, meanwhile ill just keep spending time and money on my hunter to further gear it up, while it may or may not be the class becoming useless, with certain dmg skills and ice trap getting "revised"

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#29 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:30 PM

I hope RQ understands what they are about to do.

If all of the boss cards get reworked and weakened expect to see rage fits and the final end of RQ. That will be the final straw and the majority of players will quit forever.

Enya answered that the old cards remain the same. Which is good for old players with the cards already. The new dropped cards will be effected. That's all good and stops everyone from quitting. But what about the new card holders?

Seeing that the new cards are extremely weaker than the old counter parts all new card holders will have a major disadvantage. That will once again widen the gap between old geared players and new geared players.
+11sin with 33%Des vs new +11% sin with new des card of 11%. The new guy looses by default.

I like Solsa's idea about buffing ent and making it harder to kill. Nerfing the card is not fair for new players wanting the card. That's the worst card in the history of cards. Give Dark Shaman that %experience and stam lmao. Don't waste a good card. If ent really only drops that then I will never again kill another Ancient Treant in my life.

Des is a very rare and a strong card. It deserves honor of being strong. It's not like 50 people are running around with Des cards. As Ragedrop mentioned I paid a fortune to get my Destructor Card...Seeing it get weakened hurts.... Only a few other active players actually have that card

Now ent everyone has lol. I still find it wrong to screw the new card holders out of a good ent.

#30 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2236 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:46 PM

Agreed in the disadvantage between new holders and old holders, i'm being honest here to say if they nerf to some, they should nerf to everyone. When Archon and GT got revised, they didn't keep old effects to already dropped cards, i don't see any reason to keep it now. Maybe to give old players something to hold, yes, but in general it's unfair. 

Again about des: they said classes are getting buffed, maybe nerfing the card is reasonable if it means to create a balance in game( not so balanced if some will keep old effect). 

A thing to consider now: We're getting new mobs, new boss(or bosses) and they'll have cards as well. Maybe those cards can counter all the nerf, we can only hope. However, let's not forget the RQ Staff is doing something really big with this patch, and things still can change.  It wouldn't be smart to make so many bad changes to ruin the game, so as i said at the first thread (the one people cried about new gears to later know about the seal/improvement transfer) let's wait to see the full conclusion to create our own conclusions about the patch. Since it's not out there we can only imagine how things are going to be, and so far all discussions lead to positive results. 

• Elyss (Elgore) likes this

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses

#31 Fenryl (Elgore)

Fenryl (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:28 PM

All I see is nonsense, So now we will have 2 cards with the same name but with status different? WTF, If you gonna nerf something need to nerf it all. angry.png

#32 Morŧred (Elgore)

Morŧred (Elgore)

The Master Thief

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationBurgas, Bulgaria

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:52 PM

Please pardon me, but does that apply to all Cards or just Boss/Elite Cards.

Let's say I have 2 Cards of Haul - one of them is inserted into my footwear and the other card is reserved in my stash for when the new gear comes out and for whatever reason in the upcomming update it is listed that the Card of Haul's stats will be changed (I'm not saying they will and I'm not making a request, this is an example for a question) just like the Card of Ancient Treant and Card of Destructor.

Does that effect any of the 2 Cards of Haul I have?

And further more will we be getting a list of all the new Cards and their stats from the new monsters in the upcomming event?

Apologies in advance but I'm merely asking for details so I don't screw something up.

Edited by Morŧred (Elgore), 27 February 2018 - 04:55 PM.

#33 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:07 PM

It does not matter if a card is inserted or kept unused in inventory.

Any details regarding the upcoming update (including the list of card changes) will be in the patch notes.

#34 Nikolaa (Elgore)

Nikolaa (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:41 PM

It does not matter if a card is inserted or kept unused in inventory.

Any details regarding the upcoming update (including the list of card changes) will be in the patch notes.

when can we expect the patch? aproximetly? just please dont say soon.

Edited by Nikolaa (Elgore), 27 February 2018 - 05:42 PM.

#35 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Locationin the confines of the mental universe

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:45 PM

if currently I have a destructor card it will get all buff and if I drop another destructor card it will have different status?

#36 Reya (Elgore)

Reya (Elgore)

*dlamk's title here*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:05 PM

if currently I have a destructor card it will get all buff and if I drop another destructor card it will have different status?

Current Des card stays the same, new Des card is a different card which is overall a nerf to it.

imageedit_1_7978229463.jpg

#37 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:12 PM

It does not make sense to have two cards with the same name and different potentials, this is totally unbalanced and disproportionate, this will only suit those who have the card today. What will become of those who will receive these cards after the new patch? the cards will be completely useless, while the ones they currently own will be gods.

#38 Reya (Elgore)

Reya (Elgore)

*dlamk's title here*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:38 PM

It does not make sense to have two cards with the same name and different potentials, this is totally unbalanced and disproportionate, this will only suit those who have the card today. What will become of those who will receive these cards after the new patch? the cards will be completely useless, while the ones they currently own will be gods.

Current owners of the cards will be god tier class, new owners of the cards (even the ones spending months or years getting shards) will just have a bad overall experience and have to go for something else. Either A: All cards get changed, B: No cards get changed, these are really the only two options. Yes, you could say "it's still better than nothing," but in reality why want a shit version of a card when "Archon" is just as good if not better than the "new Des." 

The imbalances this gives is a huge difference in stats, 33% armor reduction with 12 stamina vs 11% with 12 stamina, you don't even get 50% of what the old card gave. Not to even mention the stats on "new and old" Ent card: 6 Stamina, 22% hp (for +11) and 10% defense vs 11% hp and 12% exp. If they want to change a card, at least don't bend it over completely, IMO maybe making it 60% of the stats the old card gave will be better. Make des around the neighborhood of 22% or 20%, make ent 5 Stam, 15% hp (at +11) and 5% defense. This still keeps it viable and balances out vs the other option. (Just random reasonable numbers, but of course devs have full control on this.)

This isn't even given the fact that they're boss cards. Ent with the changed stats feels not even comparable to a troll card. Des still holds some of its ground but why take the shitty 11% and not archons Dex, Luck 8% healing, poison and immobilization.

imageedit_1_7978229463.jpg

#39 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:21 PM

I agree with the balance of some cards but this will only be welcome in the community if it is in general. Destructor and Archon need some rebalancing so we do not have some classes killing others with just one touch, but this should be done in a general way so that no card loses its significance.
  I think these changes are essential to the new content to come, and that will have some better cards than the current ones, what can we do so that Treant and Des are not so much appeals but to the point of giving significance to a boss card? that is the real question. I am not in favor for those who hold the cards currently continue gods, while others who will get the same card, will have a major disadvantage. this is demoralized and unreal, totally out of the question, but I do not own the game.

#40 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:45 PM

I hope the Developers think over the Card Patch very cautiously. I achieved every card in the game that i wanted and I did not plan to use anymore cards on myself.  So yeah, I am just one of many who would be pissed if I woke up to the new patch and all of my hard earned and bought cards just went down the drain. My current gear and cards are very suitable for today`s end game PvP and I did not plan on spending the next 5 years farming  more cards just because my current cards went down the drain.  

I do not agree with all cards getting changed. Enya already stated all cards prior to the patch will remain the same. Which is good. I among thousands of other players (all servers) would riot and rage quit. Most of us have spent 3-5 years trying to improve and get our cards. So NO! Do not change all of  the current cards.  I did not farm Ancient Trent for years just for it to become completely and utterly useless next major update. There is a reason we don`t camp and kill dewdrops 24/7 that card is crap. But Ancient Trent is a very good and useful card.  

Everyone saying it is not be fair for players who do not have the cards yet or new players. Well to counter argue that, it is not fair to take away the cards people spend months and years trying to obtain or even the ones who spent a fortune on the cards. Honestly, The players without the cards now probably did not put as much effort into getting cards in the first place. Most of the server is too lazy and cry about other people getting cards before them. Well too bad they should have put more effort into actually farming those cards instead of sitting in Varlone all day. (Im not talking about players who can not play much do to work and other real life things. lol 

legit the strong players with the cards and gear are strong for a reason. Not because they sat in Varlone spamming duels and the chat. 

I agree 100% to not changing the current dropped cards on the server. We all know that would cause mass riot on all the servers. The new cards and their adjustments should done carefully and with a lot of time and thought put into each card. Just changing numbers around can seriously break the game. I assume the new bosses will have new cards too. I just hope they are not broken and strong or joke cards like the event cards. lol 

The concern of the gap growing between new and old players is still there. However that will always be the case. Everyone starts out as a noob some point in the game. Granted half are still noobs but that is beside the point.laugh.png  The new cards will affect new players capabilities for sure. 

Anyways. I`ll wait for the patch notes. I just hope everything does not come crashing down.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: news, coming soon, the north, classes, maximum level

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users