#41 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2236 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:54 PM

Logically speaking here:

Keeping old cards effects and making new ones trash is as much as bad as nerfing them all. Plus, some of you are not paying attention to what the Russian CM said about such changes. I'm gonna quote here again, please read it carefuly.

And this changes will affect not only the boss cards, but also other cards with high demand, falling from low-level monsters. The main criterias were two: a card and monster mismatch (for example, the card strongly affects pvp, and the monster is found in the PVE location and/or low level) and the general imbalance of certain cards

If you read it right and get the meaning of this you'll understand they're talking about a bunch of cards easily obtained due to low lvl monsters and etc. And for such statuses and impact these cards should be harder to get. They also are aware of how bad these changes can be and if they're ready to nerf 2 of the best PVP cards it's because they either have something else to replace or even better. At least is what i can get from this, but come on, what are the odds of they suddely nerf 2 cards and yolo leave the situation like this? And they won't change only these 2 boss cards, there are other regular cards to be changed as well (confirmed by Enya a few posts above) we just don't know if they'll be cool or nah.

The game is getting a new difficulty, we can expect harder mobs, places, quests, bosses and etc in order to improve our characters to fit new content. I also spent years farming these cards but if new and better cards come i'll gladly farm them and i doubt others won't farm them just to keep their current ones. We can only wait patch notes to make sure if we're getting trolled or if all this kind of stuff is going to make sense. We shall wait and see.

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses

#42 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Locationin the confines of the mental universe

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:46 PM

Darks, it's not that a player can not get the card he does not deserve or is not running after his goal. I was not fortunate enough to have cards as the ancient treant or destructor because I lost to someone on the roll.
You can not have that view because it's selfishness, you spent your money in real life to buy and that does not mean you deserved it, sorry, but it's true, it does not concern me. But if you are going to change the cards of the future, you should also change the current cards. What does it mean to have two cards with the same name and different status just because you managed to get it by luck? we are talking about a sincere and not disadvantageous balance for future players.

Do you think an update with inequality is right? It's like I said, just because a person got the card first, does not mean that it deserves to have advantages over others.

Edited by Ðarknight (Elgore), 28 February 2018 - 12:22 AM.

• Reya (Elgore) likes this

#43 Reya (Elgore)

Reya (Elgore)

*dlamk's title here*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:09 AM

Darks, it's not that a player can not get the card he does not deserve or is not running after his goal. I was not fortunate enough to have letters as the ancient treant or destructor because I lost to someone on the roll.
You can not have that view because it's selfishness, you spent your money in real life to buy and that does not mean you deserved it, sorry, but it's true, it does not concern me. But if you are going to change the cards of the future, you should also change the current cards. What does it mean to have two cards with the same name and different status just because you managed to get it by luck? we are talking about a sincere and not disadvantageous balance for future players.

Do you think an update with inequality is right? It's like I said, just because a person got the card first, does not mean that it deserves to have advantages over others.

+1 ^^

imageedit_1_7978229463.jpg

#44 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:24 AM

Darks, it's not that a player can not get the card he does not deserve or is not running after his goal. I was not fortunate enough to have cards as the ancient treant or destructor because I lost to someone on the roll.

If you read what I wrote it says the players who sit in Valrone doing nothing do not deserve the cards.Too many players are lazy and just sit in Varlone. They do not farm the bosses so they should not cry about not having the cards yet.I will defend that statement about players not working for their cards. That statement was not directed towards players like you who actually hunt them but lose in a roll. I fully understand some players get very unlucky and do not obtain the cards they deserve. That group is only a handful of players though. Obliviously, Some players do not deserve the cards on them. Be it buying or dropping by pure chance. That`s not the major issue though.

The issue at hand is the card change will not be fair to anyone. Changing all of the cards will be unfair to people who already have the cards. If new cards are changed it will not be fair for players who do not have those cards. They will not have access to the old OP cards.

I never mentioned that Inequality is right. We already posted about how bad the new players will be affected and the major gab flaw between new players and old players. The old boss carded players will simply steamroll the server. Which is not fair. Equality and Fairness is not the same thing. That`s a social issue that will be debated until the end of time.

I do believe everyone should have an equal opportunity to obtain the same grade of cards.  That does not mean make current cards become trash because that would be unfair. I do not think the cards should be nerfed in the first place. Many monster cards need to be reworked and GT is the only boss card in the game really needing a rework. The other cards should remain the same. They are rare and should remain strong.  It should be the privlage of getting to own one of those rare end game cards like Des,Archon,ent, edwad, ect. 

So yes, you should be able to kill Ent after the patch and drop a ent card just like the one i wear now. It is not fair for you and other players to drop that crap %exp load of crap. (ROYAL QUEST why not give Dark Shaman that %EXP and stamina crap.) .I think they weaker versions of the boss cards is complete and utter crap.

I am open to changes. I am not open to seeing the server being extremely one sided and dominated by Old OP cards.  

Pretty much I do not think 2 versions of the cards should exist and our current cards should not be touched at all.  The 65 patch is looking great. First focus on getting the class balancing right before even attempting to change the cards.  Trust me the cards are not what you should focus on changing first lmao. Im pretty sure that DK soloing Zagre in 1min with 1 skill plague dagger is a bigger issue than a Des card ignoring 33% defense.  I assuure everyone a +11 weapons makes a bigger differences dps wise than a Des lmao. (Granted a +11 weapons +des is strong) it should be strong tho.

Edited by DarksKiss (Elgore), 28 February 2018 - 02:25 AM.

• Khyaran (Elgore) likes this

#45 Ninjadevil (Elgore)

Ninjadevil (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:39 AM

It would be cool to have a PUBG type mode where players would bravely face to win (honor). And that everyone could enter it without tickets so that the fun is folded :), but kind ... no tickets, no (honor). tongue.png biggrin.png 

QoL05di.jpg                 

*sem Deus não somos nada*

#46 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Locationin the confines of the mental universe

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:01 AM

Well ... we agree, their focus should be to rebalance the class and the level 65 upgrades in general, this will bring us many possibilities, including cards. New cards will be introduced and this is the real factor of them wanting to play in this now, we know that some cards are very good for pvp and pve, if today many people won the card Ancient Treant, it was entirely failure of the game master, where you saw the best card of armor to be discarded from a scrap boss who dies in less than 4 seconds with 2 two parties full? and 1: 28 minutes to respawn ... this is a joke, the card Des is very good but there are few compared to the treant card and it is 5:05 for respawn, des and treant deserve a rebalance? Yes, but that does not mean they should make them useless, as was shown in pictures. I know they want to do this to evaluate the future cards, but let's face it that the time lost will be magnanimous if it continues like this.

#47 Dalmaska (Elgore)

Dalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationDreadnought Leviathan

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:52 AM

Welp, looks like from now on Ent will become an actual 45lv boss, and will be raided by tons of 40lv players to get that sweet experience bonus.

Far North's Highest Slayer Commandeers For PvE To Rejuvenate!

#48 Edition (Elgore)

Edition (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNot there, but everywhere.

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:12 PM

To all the players that say they would quit, well make a youtube video of you destroying your items for elum, so there is not going back
(doubt they will quit, just anger and being upset talking there)

Any person who is not looking forward to the change, what is wrong?
What, afraid that you will not be the top player anymore because of level change, items change, card change, seal change, etc. Relax it is a MMORPG

....and with that being said it is forever changing, so get off the high horse and adapt with the change, or refer to above comment.

Now, I do agree with some talk of cards being changed.
Yes, that would suck if you have a card from old and it is better than a card of new (it being SAME card) but it also means you got here early and enjoyed the game early.
So you should be awarded for your early dedication (another topic about those paid to win vs those who played to win) <-----Not against either actually.

I am new to Royal Quest, but I understand games like this (WoW, League, Everquest, FF Online) so making changes that go against the grain of what the majority of people want is sometimes a good thing, like so few have said above(the bright ones) you have to just wait.

I agree with not farming the Ent again though, if all it drops is that trash of a card (if that example is the final in-game programming) it would be a waste. Who 'wood' farm it after that(wood, get it,would -wood.....smh) please laugh

Yes, many people waste time in the city just waiting on handouts and it is pathetic, but so funny to see. They expect something to be handed to them and that is what RQ is possibly doing if they do not pay close attention. 
Nerfs happen because people complain, but if a person learns about WHY they are complaining in the first place, maybe there is no need to complain.
Example: Kept someone from quitting the game because they thought the quest menu and checking back and forth was to tedious, after explaining their laziness and how to use it better, they love the game now. All due to not wanting to even try they almost gave bad review. Smh, so many misfortuned misinformation out there.

FYI, I have seen the patch noted up until now and wow. 
No diminishing return on CC, overlapping of certain buffs/debuffs, talent changes, skill changes (esp mages constant wave push)
All that was needed to give game back some balance it has now.

Edited by Edition (Elgore), 28 February 2018 - 02:15 PM.

• Solsagan (Elgore) likes this

#49 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2236 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:49 AM

Now, I do agree with some talk of cards being changed.
Yes, that would suck if you have a card from old and it is better than a card of new (it being SAME card) but it also means you got here early and enjoyed the game early.
So you should be awarded for your early dedication (another topic about those paid to win vs those who played to win) <-----Not against either actually.

I kinda of agree with you in that, but you also should consider the amout of time and effort these "top players" put in game to be where they are right now. I like the idea of having to "rebuild" and think of new card/gear/seal setups, to someone who's bored in game having new stuff to do is going to be great. But this is my opinion tho, i understand why some players have some concerns about matter.

• Edition (Elgore) likes this

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.

#50 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:25 PM

I would like to point out how bad it would be if every card in the game got changed to the new card idea patch. Meaning old/current cards are forced to be changed to the new update.
If that occurs then every single build would become extremely weak and not viable. For on everyone using ent card now depends on that extra HP. That's the difference between 24k hp and 16-18k HP. Those without ent die way to fast vs those with ent. The Ent nerf alone will make every single player significantly weaker. That little HP does make a huge differences in castles. I guarantee everyone will notice the loss of HP and survivability. Also if I read the patch notes correctly it seems the majority of classes will receive buffs and damage buffs. So is Royal Quest really about to lower everyones survival via ruining boss cards and increasing the damage on many classes?

It looks like a recipe for disaster. The PvP balance will be broken beyond comprehension. Everyone will run around with high damage but low survivability. Basically glass cannons everywhere . Good luck surviving against the buffed assassins when your Ent card and perhaps other cards get reworked...

This is in the event they decide to rework the cards and no one gets to keep the old cards..

In the event old cards remain the same and the new ones to drop are reworked then back to the same old issues. The gap between the strong and the weak will grow tremendously.

#51 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2236 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:43 PM

I don't think if they nerf ent to everyone people will be weak. Sure the extra hp helps but there are other options to replace this card and there are other ways to get a bit more of hp as well(not the same amount but still counts )

#52 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Rune Bearer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationBright Shield

Posted 02 March 2018 - 05:27 PM

I don't think if they nerf ent to everyone people will be weak. Sure the extra hp helps but there are other options to replace this card and there are other ways to get a bit more of hp as well(not the same amount but still counts )

Bone Nightmares everyhere

2AnBFMA.png

I know buddy. It's my lifestyle.

#53 Godsu (Elgore)

Godsu (Elgore)

Pain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationKarnaca

Posted 02 March 2018 - 06:07 PM

Bone Nightmares everyhere

Time to start farming Bone Nightmares and Trolls now, easy money when the patch comes

• Reikkan (Elgore) likes this

" A true hunter never rests "

LqchOiW.png  

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: news, coming soon, the north, classes, maximum level

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users