14 replies to this topic

#1 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:26 PM

Dear friends!

Once again we express our deepest gratitude to those who took part in the Screenshot Contest and shared their spring-themed images inspired by the world of Aura. Well done everyone! 

And now let me announce the winner of our contest: Knighttmare with the following entry: 

Some plants of Elenia come to life during the spring

Spoiler

Knighttmare is awarded with Dryad's Garment (bound to account) and Royal Blessing X14!

The second place is shared by two entrants: Macedonian and Tigerina!

Spring! Arrived exotic birds

Spoiler

March winds bring April showers, April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring?? JUNE BUGS!!!

Spoiler

Macedonian and Tigerina are awarded with Druid's Steps (personal to a chosen character) and Royal Blessing X7

And the third place: Koluchka!

Spoiler

Koluchka is awarded with Dryad's Casket X10 and Royal Blessing X3

Congratulations!

Also, according to the contest terms, all participants will get Dryad's Casket for every valid entry:

ffc2e2023ebd52c2779fdcd93672a15a.png

All prizes will be transferred within 24 hours.

Like Royal Quest on Facebook: RoyalQuest

Follow Royal Quest on Twitter: RoyalQuest

#2 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:27 PM

And now - the Spring Draw with the help of Random.org!

13389e8dc9bdd5a301cdecd2ed10d51e.png2fcd00234545c2b29df07ac411aec626.png

Nikolaa and Dirty get Royal Blessing X30!

• KiraQuest (Elgore) likes this

#3 Tinamar-Darkfire (Elgore)

Tinamar-Darkfire (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 23 March 2018 - 10:25 PM

ohmy.png  *sigh*  unsure.png  not lucky again lol 

smile.png  Grats to the winners smile.png

Life's already too serious

Don't make your games be the same

They are suppose to be fun

#4 Tigerina (Elgore)

Tigerina (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 01:24 AM

Wow, I won!  biggrin.png

Please send the items to character Tigity-Kat. Look forward to running amok with my new item.  wub.png

I bet it was hard to pick a winner, there were a lot of really nice screenshots.  happy.png

#5 Knighttmare (Elgore)

Knighttmare (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:49 AM

I really won, thank you Royal quest team.

Please send the items to my character Knighttmare. smile.png

#6 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:01 AM

what were the requirements to declare the winner??

General requirements have been stated in the first entry. Choosing a winner we were considering our impressions on an image. What could affect an impression - the image quality, long shot or close-up, scenery and the scene itself - a static position or an action, unusualness if anything. A caption was not required but if a player chose to use a caption, it added something to our impressions too. Summing up all impression we made our choice. You have the right to disapprove it and you have the right to a personal opinion, but calling other images crap etc, just because you don't like them, is not fair to my mind.

#7 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:40 AM

Macedonian is kindly asked to choose a character who will get the Druid's Steps.

All other prizes have been sent. Please check your in-game mail - and thank you again, with all my heart :)

• Tinamar-Darkfire (Elgore) likes this

#8 Tinamar-Darkfire (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:14 AM

General requirements have been stated in the first entry. Choosing a winner we were considering our impressions on an image. What could affect an impression - the image quality, long shot or close-up, scenery and the scene itself - a static position or an action, unusualness if anything. A caption was not required but if a player chose to use a caption, it added something to our impressions too. Summing up all impression we made our choice. You have the right to disapprove it and you have the right to a personal opinion, but calling other images crap etc, just because you don't like them, is not fair to my mind.

I agree calling others pictures crap is not giving a good impression of what a person someone is, nor a good example of how to behave in the community.

Since with or without monsters in the picture, it was about giving the spring theme the go, so flowery in picture is what counts, and there been really great pictures filling the theme in. Personally I loved really many of them, less or more, but none was bad. Each was beautiful in its own way, as the person seen the spring in the game.

On the other hand, you now say people putting in Caption, give them a bonus on impressing you by choosing a winner???

While I personally asked in the topic if a caption is needed or not, when I saw people put them in, but there was not stated they are needed. And even Kira confirmed to me they are not needed.

How fair is it to take the caption in consideration then??? You cannot take that in as a bonus point for someone, when you stated it is not needed. Beacuse it right away gives less chances to win to all the people (all the pictures) who according to the information, didnt put in a caption. So to the fairness ... this was not fair to be even considered as something to help people win. According to the rules you guys set, you should consider only the pictures themselves. So in a way I understand even Fostons reaction, tho as mentioned I dont agree with the calling others pictures crap, coz as I said before all been beautiful in their own way. 

smile.png Maybe a good advice for the moderators for the next contest.smile.png

State clearly on the beginning what will be considered. And if something is not stated there, please dont take it into consideration at the end to find your winners. Find them, by the parameters given at the start only. Since all top winners (except Koluchka who ended 3rd) had captions, and this way you disqualified all the other entrants in a not very pleasurable way, showing them you dont play by your own rules.

(Just to make it clear. I have no hard feelings, I seen many better pictures than mine run in the contest, yet according to your own words and what I said in this advice, some things may have had looked differently, if captions were ignored, as they were not a need for the contest.)

Once again congrats to all the winners. I love the pictures.

And ... Hopefully all who entered the contest have enjoyed the run for itself, and no one will be too disappointed. It still is a contest smile.png

If I was to choose, each of you would have had gotten a prize, because you all worked hard for your lovely shots smile.png 

P.S. to Kira smile.png maybe make for each of the entrants one Templated picture of one of their entries as a bonus for their hard work? It would be a lovely dot after the Spring contest to welcome the Spring in  smile.png

• Elyss (Elgore) likes this

#9 Tinamar-Darkfire (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:23 AM

just an example using my own image.

To you and your picture Foston  smile.png  (I used just a bit of your message to quote, everyone can see the picture above or in the contest feed itself)

I found this picture lovely a lot, and it was one I thought might be between the winners. Yet maybe what played against it was the template itself, as the roses look like they would be hidden on the top and sides and would not fit in the mid of it. But that would have had to be tried out, or confirmed by Kira, who surely already tried it out, while searching the winners. Still it is a very nice picture. Just please, dont call other pictures crap. All of the guys just as you tried hard smile.png  Next contest may end in your favors, who knows smile.png

Try to remember the contests are something extra from the moderators for us all, to keep us entertained and give us a little bit more to do than just quests inside the game.

#10 Nikolaa (Elgore)

Nikolaa (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:54 AM

VMY6jxs.jpg

because of the template and how  big it is to much of ur screenshot would be covered itd end up being something like this http://prntscr.com/ivpgzk(keep it in mind i wasnt really accurate with the mouse)

edit# - it would basicly cover up all of you'r flowers and only you you'r pet the floor (bit of it) and the fog would be seen.

Edited by Nikolaa (Elgore), 24 March 2018 - 11:55 AM.

• Elyss (Elgore) likes this

#11 Elyss (Elgore)

Elyss (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationEastern United States of America

Posted 24 March 2018 - 12:18 PM

Congrats to the winners!  I can't wait to see if I got any dryad equipment in my boxes.

• Tinamar-Darkfire (Elgore) likes this

34a74fbdb8d7f29f41839386757d61a5.png

#12 Amyrra (Elgore)

Amyrra (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:02 PM

The winner picturse isn't a spring picture...there isnt many flower and life...just.little flower and some noob monsters...it's not good judger..ehh
..sad life. My picurse was bad to them -__-

Edited by Amyrra (Elgore), 24 March 2018 - 02:03 PM.

#13 Foston (Elgore)

Foston (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

Posted 24 March 2018 - 03:40 PM

maybe call that a crap wasnt fair, sorry.

but even so im pretty sure that there are many others better than that...

"A caption was not required but if a player chose to use a caption, it added something to our impressions too. Summing up all impression we made our choice."

i dont know where have u said that look up a bit...

https://us.royalques...ng-into-spring/

If you going to consider who uses or not caption i think it should be clear... 

Posted 09 March 2018 - 12:53 AM

Tinamar-Darkfire (Elgore), on 08 Mar 2018 - 14:50, said:snapback.png

We dont have to put in a caption right?

(just making sure as I didnt read it anywhere in the description, yet the guys already put in their with caption incl.)

""No captions are needed for this contest !"" kira answer.

yea i know my image wouldnot fit but i just used it as an example and not because i though it would be better then any other...

#14 Foston (Elgore)

Foston (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

Posted 24 March 2018 - 03:41 PM

The winner picturse isn't a spring picture...there isnt many flower and life...just.little flower and some noob monsters...it's not good judger..ehh
..sad life. My picurse was bad to them -__-

the only reason why it makes sense to spring its because of his caption( which wasnt needed on this contest) xD

#15 KiraQuest (Elgore)

KiraQuest (Elgore)

Event Coordinator

• Moderators
  • 1607 posts
  • LocationYork, United Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:35 PM

As with all Contests based upon the subjective judgement of the Judges, the Judges' Decision is Final and there is no necessity to even discuss the judgement process.

It is disappointing that some clearly sad individuals felt it necessary to openly rubbish entries and in future, once a winner is declared the topic will be closed and any critique by forum participants will be moderated since clearly self moderation is sadly not within the intellectual grasp of some people.

Here are the Winners with their Step into Spring Templates:

75734f972438cc927ce157494acf0785.jpg

0442014a0c9d9ccb2c28013c18892f09.jpg

cb9283aedf6e7e078d5688e14ff7c7a8.jpg

e9500572f1a9895e093ed57cba373633.jpg

• Enya and Elyss (Elgore) like this

85478046cdaabc46b52f40a4f27cfe66.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: contest, screenshot, spring

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users