#1 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Locationin the confines of the mental universe

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:38 PM

Why does my critical chance decrease by 0.6% on each level up?

The critical hit chance system is with the same defense system and pvp ressist; the more you have, the less you earn. I do not disagree with the system, I managed to balance a lot, but do not you think the percentage is way below normal? and each level is decreasing even more.

https://imgur.com/a/9Wtwf

#2 Reya (Elgore)

Reya (Elgore)

*dlamk's title here*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:59 PM

Why does my critical chance decrease by 0.6% on each level up?
The critical hit chance system is with the same defense system and pvp ressist; the more you have, the less you earn. I do not disagree with the system, I managed to balance a lot, but do not you think the percentage is way below normal? and each level is decreasing even more.

https://imgur.com/a/9Wtwf

If this new sailing wasn't implemented then lv 65's could either:
1. All have 100% critical chance with ridiculous attack, defense and up
2. Crusaders would be able to solo tank anything thrown there way
3. Makes people really commit to the stat instead of just put 20 points and have 20%+ critical chance when they really don't need it.

Granted the scaling is a bit interesting on how it is now, but it makes perfect sense why they do it. And if I'm not mistaken they did this instead of changing dodge, granted dodge still might be changed since we're only 1 out of 2(?) updates in.

imageedit_1_7978229463.jpg

#3 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2236 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:42 AM

They said "always below 100%" but keeping almost everyone below 50% is too much imo lmao. With 120 luck i have 40%.

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses

#4 Nikolaa (Elgore)

Nikolaa (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:01 AM

They said "always below 100%" but keeping almost everyone below 50% is too much imo lmao. With 120 luck i have 40%.

my lvl 45 hunter had 91 luck and crit chance % was 47% while my sin has maxed out luck (135) and he has 46% crit chance.

fury from gold lust gives me barely 6% crit chance.

Edited by Nikolaa (Elgore), 05 April 2018 - 09:03 AM.

• Elyss (Elgore) likes this

#5 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:23 PM

The Critical Chance scaling needs to be adjusted. 100% is too much agreed. 40-50% is not enough. The current system turned every crit build into garbage.

My assassins DPS is about RNG as the sealing dude. Just roll the dice and maybe a crit will land on a mob. I'm running 120 luck with a full crit build Assassin. Do I need to change to 180 luck just to hit again? 

I'm sure everyone else who plays an Assassin realizes that our DoT and AoE skills are more reliable and effective at killing mass mobs. They also deal more damage than our main skills. Unless of course they successfully crit.

PvP is a nightmare. Only 1 in 4 sudden strikes land a decent hit. I'm not even talking about missing because of low hit. Missing is not even an issue. The issue is our crit chance is so low, even with gold lust and the vortex of strikes talent(active) we still dont crit the enemy.

So much for the burst reworks when our biggest burst skills only hit half of the time. The Chance of Crit rework turned these builds into jokes. Every one is better off using full elemental builds and hoping a combo actually works and kills someone. 

(Talking about equal gear standards anyone can kill the local noobs in Varlone) lol

Build changes are fine and needed. Completely crippling and destroying crit builds in the name of Science  balance is ridiculous!

#6 Ragedrop (Elgore)

Ragedrop (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:45 PM

I used to have 100% crit chance  - now I can not reach 60% with Fury buff [30 "percent points", not true % like before], a master Card which is now also [10 "Percent points", not true % like before] and 170 base luck.

I cant even breach 60% with all of that.

My entire Talent build says "More Crit DMG!!!" - my Mount for 7 Mountfeed says "More Crit DMG!!" - oh damn I cant reliably crit anymore even tho I commited to the Build... 

Thanks I guess? laugh.png

We are Legion - Forged in Fire

Bathed in Blood - Encased in Iron

Rise and Conquer - Fight for Honor

Find Peace in Death - Onto Valhalla

Lay me to rest - I'll die with Honor 

#7 Nikolaa (Elgore)

Nikolaa (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:47 PM

Spoiler

dont forget on the all mighty attack while dual wielding one handed weapons nerf.

#8 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:09 AM

Some classes need the critical dmg to fill their lives (I do not even need to talk about them), we are subject to failure in the critic and the percentage is decreasing even more. Level 64> 49.8% now. Am I leveling to lose my critical chance? I thought it would increase my success by hitting a critic because I am now a higher level, but I am actually losing

#9 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Rune Bearer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationBright Shield

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:08 AM

The critical hit chance is not decreasing, it's just showing your chance of scoring a critical on creatures of your level.

The game I played before RQ had the same system (Flat numbers instead of %, then based the % out of the level and flat numbers) and it was fine and far easier to balance.

It is probably the devs messing up on the formula between the flat numbers being converted into % against targets of the same level. A crit-based class should have around 65% (non-buffed) against same level creatures for the game to work properly. They can't change the formula for each class, but they can make talents to make each class shine where it is supposed to be.

I'm happy they changed the system, it's one step further to balance every class. I'm not playing atm to understand if it's that bad or just crying, but if it needs some fixes, it's on the converting formulas and not on the system itself.

Let's wait and see.

2AnBFMA.png

I know buddy. It's my lifestyle.

#10 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2236 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:36 PM

The system ifself is good, but the %rate we get has some issues. The higher your flat number the harder is to increase the % you get. 

• Elyss (Elgore) likes this

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses

#11 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:45 PM

The system itself is very good but deserves a new adjustment to increase it a little more. It makes no sense for me to have more chance for critical damage when I am level lower. If I'm not mistaken this system should work just like the HIT (Lvl) system in Extra.

#12 Reya (Elgore)

Reya (Elgore)

*dlamk's title here*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:00 PM

The lowerwer level you are fighting a higher level, your chance to critical them is lower

If you stayed 60 with 50% critical chance vs a lv 65 you may have 45% or even 40% chance to critical them, but on the other way around a lv 65 can maintain that critical chance if they vs a lower or equal level opponent.

imageedit_1_7978229463.jpg

#13 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:48 PM

The lowerwer level you are fighting a higher level, your chance to critical them is lower

If you stayed 60 with 50% critical chance vs a lv 65 you may have 45% or even 40% chance to critical them, but on the other way around a lv 65 can maintain that critical chance if they vs a lower or equal level opponent.

What I said was this; At level 60 I had a 52.4% critical chance, so each level that went up this critical chance would increase because my level also went up. What happens is exactly the opposite, each level above is losing 0.6% and not increasing the chance of getting a critic. The hit system is just like this, each level you upa, your chance to hit hit monsters that were level less increases, an example; Player level 65, 90% hit, Player level 60, 70% hit vs Mobs, players 65

Edited by Ðarknight (Elgore), 06 April 2018 - 10:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users