Photo

New Critical Hit Chance System: good or bad?

CriticalChance Builds

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:21 AM

you can still do it if you want...but like...id just wait for the 65 patch literally get to level 65 save money and sit on your butt just waitnig for the next patch 

#22 EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationHaha, no.

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:04 AM

Dalmaska, there's no need to post 4 times to reply people when you can answer them with only 1 post.  Use the Multiquote button.

Will do.

so my max luck build will not works anymore ?!

It will still give a lot of hit, which may be helpful since everyone will go full dext from now on now. As for Critical chance - I'd say 30-40% is enough to be efficient without wasting too many points...

I'mKirito (Elgore)

you can still do it if you want...but like...id just wait for the 65 patch literally get to level 65 save money and sit on your butt just waitnig for the next patch 

>By this logic I might as well stop playing at all and just drop by every month to see what changed.

(Kirito's chat was on the next page so I had to add it to replies "manually", unless there's something I dont know about lol)

Edited by EdgyDalmaska (Elgore), 21 April 2018 - 06:26 AM.

"I repeat: all units of the Archadian Army hold your fire.

The battle is over. As of this moment, we have signed a cease-fire with Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca, Her Royal Majesty."

Deepest respects to those who recognise this quote.

#23 Mortgar (Elgore)

Mortgar (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationLondon , Korby

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:15 PM

so my max luck build will not works anymore ?!

Worst Idea I've heard , Why would you want to max your luck to max? You need 58% chance at least for better quality 60% , I mean if you like PvP and winning of course)

Edited by Mortgar (Elgore), 21 April 2018 - 03:45 PM.

loupada74c0.png       

#24 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 22 April 2018 - 01:53 PM

Well i just wonder, Crit chance got nerfed fairly hard, but i keep hearing dodge will probably receive a nerf in about 2 patches (not sure about this though), so if that happens, what will be useful to build?

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#25 EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationHaha, no.

Posted 22 April 2018 - 02:33 PM

Well i just wonder, Crit chance got nerfed fairly hard, but i keep hearing dodge will probably receive a nerf in about 2 patches (not sure about this though), so if that happens, what will be useful to build?

Well, if all stats are nerfed that makes every build weaker, so in a way it makes everyone weaker as well. So not much would change, still, I think dext and luck were very well balanced before the northern update and the crit change is unnecessary, especially without a proper represantation of how the new crit works - as far a I noticed, more than half of the players don't even know what changed in criticals, when I showed IdolKap that on critical hit points he can see what "%" he has he was quite shocked and said he's quiting the game lol.

Worst Idea I've heard , Why would you want to max your luck to max? You need 58% chance at least for better quality 60% , I mean if you like PvP and winning of course)

Too bad even with 180+ luck you won't pass 50% and--

Wait, why am I even wasting my time on responding to you anymore...

I've seen you few times in game, with your completely random and useless items, seals and big ego - when someone was pointing out how poor your choice of things to wear is you just shut them down by saying you know better how to play, and to give you gold to change these things if they care.

So stop butting in this thread and pretending that you know anything about how this game works at all, because you don't even know how to properly equip your Dark Knight.

That being said, I hate to judge people without knowing them closer but you're just the worst case of annoyance.

Edited by EdgyDalmaska (Elgore), 22 April 2018 - 11:47 PM.

• Shimanu (Elgore), Ðarknight (Elgore) and Elyss (Elgore) like this

The battle is over. As of this moment, we have signed a cease-fire with Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca, Her Royal Majesty."

#26 Mortgar (Elgore)

Mortgar (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationLondon , Korby

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:52 PM

Well, if all stats are nerfed that makes every build weaker, so in a way it makes everyone weaker as well. So not much would change, still, I think dext and luck were very well balanced before the northern update and the crit change is unnecessary, especially without a proper represantation of how the new crit works - as far a I noticed, more than half of the players don't even know what changed in criticals, when I showed IdolKap that on critical hit points he can see what "%" he has he was quite shocked and said he's quiting the game lol.

Too bad even with 180+ luck you won't pass 50% and--

Wait, why am I even wasting my time on responding to you anymore...

I've seen you few times in game, with your completely random and useless items, seals and big ego - when someone was pointing out how poor your choose of things to wear is you just shut them down by saying you know better how to play, and to give you gold to change these things if they care.

So stop butting in this thread and pretending that you know anything about how this game works at all, because you don't even know how to properly equip your Dark Knight.

That being said, I hate to judge people without knowing them closer but you're just the worst case of annoyance.

Cba to read, nothing good anyway angry.png

loupada74c0.png       

#27 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • LocationBright Shield

Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:54 AM

This is called a "Stat Cap" and it already existed before on other status. When I started the game, I found the status cap for Defense and told Spillion about that, at first he said Defense was the way to go, but now you see many HP and Dodge Crusaders. Looks like people found a way around the Defense stat cap, huh?

Stat cap is a good way to balance the game and i'm happy they did that, now we'll see builds working around the cap.

The smart players will win, the other will just try to copy the smart ones.

If you need a support for tanking anything, you still aren't able to tank it. 

#28 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:57 PM

I can live with stat caps (e.g. a cap on crit chance of 75% base or something), but plain lowering crit chance the higher in lvl you are, i find it a strange (but interesting) change

Anyway, i dont have too many issues with my crit chance being lowered, seeing i have many luck seals etc, but regardless, i dont get the change

• EdgyDalmaska (Elgore) likes this

#29 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:35 PM

I think most players have a crit chance rate between 35-50% and It requires at least 100-120 Luck and crit Seals. Having a cap is good but i think we can agree that 50% with tons of Luck, cards and Seals isn't enough. That's why Dot builds are better now.
First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#30 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:54 PM

From a balance standpoint I like what they did, I do think though nerfing crit and raising the effectiveness of dex all at once was a bit unbalanced I think nerfing crit made sense. But I don’t think it makes sense to nerff crot(dmg) and then also make crusaders totally dodgeable haha, but they did add in choker, and I will admit I haven’t gotten to siege yet this patch so maybe it a moot point.

#31 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:06 AM

Im currently at 37% with 84 luck, to give a comparison

#32 EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationHaha, no.

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:36 PM

This is called a "Stat Cap" and it already existed before on other status. When I started the game, I found the status cap for Defense and told Spillion about that, at first he said Defense was the way to go, but now you see many HP and Dodge Crusaders. Looks like people found a way around the Defense stat cap, huh?

Stat cap is a good way to balance the game and i'm happy they did that, now we'll see builds working around the cap.

The smart players will win, the other will just try to copy the smart ones.

I always knew about the defense level cap, and I have no problem with that, because the higher level you are, the better items you get so it's relatively easy to keep your defense % same with no changes because you're leveling and getting new better items. On my hunter I try to always keep it above 50% altough now my def dropped a bit because I got to level 62.

Critical on the other hand is not something that you get from items, you get it by manually making your seals, cards and pretty much choice of your entire equipment/build. You HAVE to sacrifice other stats to achieve high critical chance.

Defense increases with level because of items/ seals' better effects on these items, criticals DO NOT increase with level and item change yet they are still dropping down with level, so now low level players have much better crit chance because it's just as hard to get high crit on any level, the means of getting the points are pretty much the same on any level (luck, seals, talents, sometimes cards) there's not as many ways of getting critical as with defense, having it dropping like that is completely unreasonable. (on level 20 with 22 crit points I get almost 45% to hit a critical, on lvl 60 I get under 25% and it gets worse)

It will never work like defense works because with crit points, well, you can't get loads of them like with defense that you have from every item that gets better with your level. Critical STAYS the same with any equipment, or barely changes. And if you have full luck/critical build, you still can barely get pass 50% so what's the point wasting so many seals, cards, stats and everything else if you can invest into other things making yourself much stronger and your crit will drop maybe only 10-15% so not much of a change at all.

I know there will be more new builds now, what I'm saying is that critical is now pretty much a dead stat.

Im currently at 37% with 84 luck, to give a comparison

Yeah, and making it higher doesn't make sense, now everyone will have the same crit (around 30-40%, 45% if they have luck build).

Making everyone have the same stat is not a balance at all. It just makes builds less original.

I can live with stat caps (e.g. a cap on crit chance of 75% base or something), but plain lowering crit chance the higher in lvl you are, i find it a strange (but interesting) change

Anyway, i dont have too many issues with my crit chance being lowered, seeing i have many luck seals etc, but regardless, i dont get the change

I wouldnt mind nerf either if it was reasonable.

If they don't want 100% to be possible, they can keep crit that gives you %s (not these dumb points) but instead make the maximal possible crit chance in game 70% or 80% and it would be fine. People wouldn't be able to raise it to 100% even when having fury on, so they wouldn't be able to abuse critical builds, as for now, Critical gone to ****, might as well go full dext and keep critical at 10points so at least the points from Beastly Fury will give me a reasonable bonus instead of giving me 6% crit chance.

From a balance standpoint I like what they did, I do think though nerfing crit and raising the effectiveness of dex all at once was a bit unbalanced I think nerfing crit made sense. But I don’t think it makes sense to nerff crot(dmg) and then also make crusaders totally dodgeable haha, but they did add in choker, and I will admit I haven’t gotten to siege yet this patch so maybe it a moot point.

>Implying crit is balanced

If crit was balanced then I could use fury feature on my Thief and hit enemy with critical skill that has a finishing blow feature, right now crit cannot be controlled by classes who need it so it's not balanced, it's a mess, unfortunately.

#33 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:03 PM

I just mean balanced in the sense that before this need to crit building crit was the only way to go lol! It is crazy though that your crit chance is that high with just 84 luck. It sort of proves the lack of need to be pushing for crit. It will happen naturally.

#34 EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationHaha, no.

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:46 PM

I just mean balanced in the sense that before this need to crit building crit was the only way to go lol! It is crazy though that your crit chance is that high with just 84 luck. It sort of proves the lack of need to be pushing for crit. It will happen naturally.

Luck never was a "too easy" to get.

I had 140 luck on my hunter which was giving me 63% chance and even then sometimes I felt like give up some stamina to make it bigger because it's not always relialable, but when I needed to make a critical combo I could use Beastly Fury to make it 93%.

It was around as good and balanced as Dexterity, it was just good, not too bad not too great, but relialable, and worth investing into.

Now I went from 140 to 70 points of luck and my crit % went from 45% to 31%, so if I have to waste over 70 points to get barely 14% I rather have some more atk speed and dodge, I can always use Beastly Fury which gives me +14% crit chance so it goes back to 45%. When I had 45% Beastly Fury was giving me a bit less than 7% which I found disgusting.

• Ðarknight (Elgore) likes this

#35 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:07 PM

My assassin has 105% crit chance with the fury talent active. Sadly, that number is useless when my true crit is only a little above 50%. All of those critical chance cards and seals are garbage now that they don't apply to our true critical chance.
  • Khyaran (Elgore), I'mKirito (Elgore), Ðarknight (Elgore) and 1 other like this

#36 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:12 PM

My assassin has 105% crit chance with the fury talent active. Sadly, that number is useless when my true crit is only a little above 50%. All of those critical chance cards and seals are garbage now that they don't apply to our true critical chance.

agreed lol. I guess im not super mad you adjusted crit, just super upset that you didn't in any way as in not even 1% compensate players for how much time and money they invested into getting those seals and cards/seals. Atleast give us the freedom to pull cards out of gear at no cost that have crit in them, or if they were a card that changed. Or make it so that cards can be transferred right along with improvements and seals, you know, help the community, maybe lots, since they give you your jobs. I know you guys have given us the transfer system, but instead of a chance just make it a 100% transfer, and make it so we can transfer cards right along with seals and improvement level. refund us some stinkin wax for everything players put into it. Orrrrrr, if you absolutely must make money, then have a one month event where wax is 75% off and blood vessels are 75% off, and the fees for resealing items are totally waved so players have a chance to change seals if they wish. Or for every orange seal related to crit we get 100 wax back, for every purple 60 every blue 20. sweet mercy. oh wait this is rq there is no mercy

#37 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Locationin the confines of the mental universe

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:58 PM

They should have left for free the removal of cards that were changed. We know that the system for transferring items and stamps is expensive, but I do not understand why they transfer the cards together as well. Items with 75% off will not bring much benefit to the server, besides being a total madness. That's just crying.

• Shimanu (Elgore) and EdgyDalmaska (Elgore) like this

nFk3Ux9.jpg

#38 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:06 AM

Because for anyone who is a over build will ave to spend 50m+just to replace cards in gear that is transferred

#39 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Locationin the confines of the mental universe

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:38 AM

Because for anyone who is a over build will ave to spend 50m+just to replace cards in gear that is transferred

A card is not a Seal or an improvement, both are the Item itself. But the card is not an item, it's a card. It is used by the item, but it does not become the item.

nFk3Ux9.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CriticalChance, Builds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users