news coming soon developers notes The North sieges

106 replies to this topic

#1 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:48 AM

Spring starts to set in on the North and local pathfinders have the good prediction for you: snow is about to melt and soon you will be able to move onward from Wasteland of Winds. His Majesty has already issued the edict to reinforce northern passes with magic, so that snow would not block them again next winter. In short, time is close when everyone will be able to get to Alatika and Battle Shores.

vDGrWtb.png

Waiting for you in the next part of the North update:

• 2 more maps: Alatika and Battle Shores
  • 3 small dungeons
  • The continuation of the main storyline quest chain (over 60 new missions)
  • 25 new monsters
  • 12 types of class weapons for 63 level
  • Slotted versions of equipment for 63 level
  • New resources to pick
  • 2 new bosses and the oldie: Hugo

Some details concerning Alaites and harsh life on the North have been already shared in previous notes, the rest you will learn in due time.

Today's notes focus on the hottest topic: the upcoming update will bring the rework of castle sieges.

Why sieges?

Recent updates have concerned mostly the PvE aspect of the game. New maps, monsters and bosses have been added but battles between players have remained almost untouched. We have planned, after the work at the Northern lands would be over, to shift focus to guilds, to their role in players' life, to interactions within a guild and between different guilds. We would also like, in prospect, to improve and to further develop the PvP aspect (first and foremost, mass PvP modes).

Still, too often any interactions between players evolve into cahoots and attempts to get around the very spirit of the fair contest (like fixed fights on arena). That's why some changes in PvP modes may turn out to be unfit or to have hidden pitfalls. Therefore we are planning, before implementing global changes, to release some updates that will let us to judge how this or that decision will affect on the gameplay.

The second stage of The North update will include changes of the siege system: from the encounter between parties to the encounter between guilds.

Features:

Bids

• A guild can own only one castle. A guild leader may leave the current castle if he will choose to make a bid for another. 
  • Only a guild leader can make a bid for a siege: in gold. 
  • A guild currently owning a castle will automatically take part in the siege.
  • The basic bid for all castles is 1 000 000 gold, the minimum auction step will be 500 000 gold.
  • The maximum bid (or two maximum bids if the castle has no owner) wins. The rest of bids return to bidders.
  • If there is only one bid for a castle without the owner, the bidding guild goes to the siege alone.

Siege

Changes are experimental for now, so the basic logic with platforms and parties will remain much the same.  

• During the siege any player from the participating guild can enter Key Master Labyrinth (through guild interface), but every guild can send no more than 20 parties to the siege.
  • Members of one group will get on the same platform. The maximum party number is defined by the type of the castle.  
  • While being in Labyrinth you can't kick a player from the party or leave the party. If somebody is kicked from the party at the castle grounds, he will be teleported to the entrance.
  • If a player enters Labyrinth without a party he will be automatically added to any party with vacant places. If there are no vacant places in existing parties but there is another lone player, a new party with these two players will be created - or he will remain on his own until anyone else comes alone.
  • To free a platform for a new party all party members should leave the siege.
  • If two parties from the same guild are on adjoining platforms the pass between platforms is restricted (the yellow highlighting will be removed in this case). But if two parties from the same guild still succeed to get on the same platform, the platform will fall and everyone there will perish. Exception: the platform with Key Master.

This way sieges will become not the party but the guild event. To reduce the possible issue of transfer between guilds, the leaving guild penalty will be increased to 8 days. This plan has its own flaws but a lot of advantages too - in our view. We are working at many other ideas, economic and gameplay among other things, but it's too soon to share them now.

So - what is your opinion?

• Shimanu (Elgore), Aion (Elgore) and Elyss (Elgore) like this

Like Royal Quest on Facebook: RoyalQuest

Follow Royal Quest on Twitter: RoyalQuest

#2 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:30 AM

I have a few questions:

1 - If a guild can only hold one castle (but can abandon in order to get another one) will the castle ownership last 7 days too??

2 - Will the castle number decrease?

3 - What happens to simultaneous castle fights (8men and 4men)

Last one and most important:

As said above sieges will change to an encounter between guilds instead of an encounter between parties, but how this works if this happens? There's no change.

• To free a platform for a new party all party members should leave the siege
  • If two parties from the same guild are on adjoining platforms the pass between platforms is restricted (the yellow highlighting will be removed in this case). But if two parties from the same guild still succeed to get on the same platform, the platform will fall and everyone there will perish. Exception: the platform with Key Master.

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#3 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:45 AM

I have a few questions:

1 - If a guild can only hold one castle (but can abandon in order to get another one) will the castle ownership last 7 days too??

2 - Will the castle number decrease?

3 - What happens to simultaneous castle fights (8men and 4men)

Last one and most important:

As said above sieges will change to an encounter between guilds instead of an encounter between parties, but how this works if this happens? There's no change.

1. No - the guild will own the castle as long as it will be able to keep it.

2. No.

3. Parties from the same guild will remain friendly toward one another at the platform with Key Master.

#4 Shimanu (Elgore)

Shimanu (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • LocationMaybe at the bathroom

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:57 PM

1 castles sounds too awful I think , 2-3 castles would work.

•  

plus this one sounds so strange 

but what would I know ,its much more different expecting it if you read it from Forum rather than testing it In-Game. 
where is our test server btw?? surprisingly we dont have our own. hmmmmmmmmm 

#5 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:26 PM

You said if someone already owns a castle then they will automatically be added for siege, does this man that even though guilds own a castle they can participate and win, they just wont own that castle?

#6 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:33 PM

You said if someone already owns a castle then they will automatically be added for siege, does this man that even though guilds own a castle they can participate and win, they just wont own that castle?

If they win they will keep this castle as their own.

#7 Wing (Elgore)

Wing (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:39 PM

Are all the slotted gears for lv 63 going to be out at once or just the ones that are currently in the game and not the ones coming out with the update?

imageedit_1_7978229463.jpg

#8 Rodrigo (Elgore)

Rodrigo (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:43 PM

It's so many good ideas thats we cant test it cuz we depend too much from ru server, as you know we dont have the same amount of players like on ru server and theres only one guild going to siege at moment so I have no idea how thats gonna work here... laugh.png

#9 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:52 PM

More questions:

• The maximum bid (or two maximum bids if the castle has no owner) wins. The rest of bids return to bidders.

Does that means that only 2 guilds can take part?

Again about this: 

By Key Master you mean only the mob at the middle or the key Holder is considered a key master as well?.

Now a suggestion:

If you want to make a guild event why don't remove the labrything scenario? Connect all plats and make a single map (like Dancing Forest). This way we can have guild fights without friendly fire (if the plat with key holder doesn't work in the same way as plat with Key Master). Also, there's this suggention i've made before that devs can extract something good.

Edited by Solsagan (Elgore), 25 April 2018 - 02:53 PM.

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#10 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:53 PM

Are all the slotted gears for lv 63 going to be out at once or just the ones that are currently in the game and not the ones coming out with the update?

Afraid I can't see your point. What exactly do you mean?

#11 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:01 PM

More questions:

Does that means that only 2 guilds can take part?

Again about this: 

By Key Master you mean only the mob at the middle or the key Holder is considered a key master as well?.

Now a suggestion:

If you want to make a guild event why don't remove the labrything scenario? Connect all plats and make a single map (like Dancing Forest). This way we can have guild fights without friendly fire (if the plat with key holder doesn't work in the same way as plat with Key Master). Also, there's this suggention i've made before that devs can extract something good.

1. only 2 guilds can take part

2. only the mob at the middle

We want to see how this idea will work with the current siege mechanism. This does not mean the mechanism will not be changed in future - this is quite possible, and we aware of your suggestion too.

• Solsagan (Elgore) likes this

#12 Enya

Enya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4061 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:02 PM

where is our test server btw?? surprisingly we dont have our own. hmmmmmmmmm 

Why should we have it?

#13 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:09 PM

We shouldn't have our own test server, we don't have many players lol. However, there should be a multi-language client (most games have this) and we could also take part in testing since not all bugs found so far came from ru testers.

- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#14 Wing (Elgore)

Wing (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:28 PM

Afraid I can't see your point. What exactly do you mean?

I just answered my own question by reading the post over again.unsure.png   Sorry for being a nuisance. 

imageedit_1_7978229463.jpg

#15 Foston (Elgore)

Foston (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:55 PM

I MAY BE WRONG, but this is how i understood!!

I dont know about RU server but at US server it looks like a communist system so everyone gets an castle.

Guilds gonna split their players to other guilds so they get more castles...

Revolt has 12~20 member active. = 3 ~ 4 castles

Forsaken can get 12 members =   3 castles

Russians dont do sieges because of their times. maybe they do it sometimes and get 2~3 castles

any 60+ in random guilds.  = Any free castles

Edited by Foston (Elgore), 25 April 2018 - 03:55 PM.

• Ragedrop (Elgore) likes this

#16 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:04 PM

ahhh so they only get entered into the castle they already own, and cant enter any other fights? nice

#17 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:12 PM

No, a guild that already holds a castle can take part in another siege, but first need to abandon the current castle in order to conquer another one. 

• A guild can own only one castle. A guild leader may leave the current castle if he will choose to make a bid for another. 

- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#18 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:38 PM

Meh. I'm not going to split FL into multiple guilds just to win multiple castles. We will keep the same 12 players in one guild.

My guild will just log in once a week and claim some castle. Log off and repeat.

If anything this will kill off any reason for us to participate and win other castles. Why bother go if we can only win one castle? My guild will not mind since we don't play enough anyways.
This change will be interesting for guilds like revolt who count on winning the majority of castles.
Sure, This patch sounds great on the RU servers. They have more players. Here we don't have enough players to split into multiple guilds. If anything all the random 60-65 folks will band together in hopes of getting a free castle.

As always, grab your popcorn and watch the hilarity ensure.

Edited by DarksKiss (Elgore), 25 April 2018 - 04:38 PM.

• Ragedrop (Elgore) likes this

#19 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:42 PM

No, a guild that already holds a castle can take part in another siege, but first need to abandon the current castle in order to conquer another one. 

oh...then whats the point lol. 

• WooCash (Elgore) likes this

#20 Nikolaa (Elgore)

Nikolaa (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:57 PM

oh...then whats the point lol. 

less guild loot from 10 they drop to 1 castle. a day they win 1 in the first day in the 2nd day they fight again they win the 2nd castle but they lose the first castle and the first castle you need to wait for its siege to happen again = dropped from 3 chests x10 castles down to 1 castle x3 chests for one guild (3 or 4 chests i dont know how many are given.)

basicly less free loot. more paying for reals. (thats their thought at least as far as i see it.)

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: news, coming soon, developers notes, The North, sieges

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users