#21 Foston (Elgore)

Foston (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:05 PM

Meh. I'm not going to split FL into multiple guilds just to win multiple castles. We will keep the same 12 players in one guild.

My guild will just log in once a week and claim some castle. Log off and repeat.

If anything this will kill off any reason for us to participate and win other castles. Why bother go if we can only win one castle? My guild will not mind since we don't play enough anyways.
This change will be interesting for guilds like revolt who count on winning the majority of castles.
Sure, This patch sounds great on the RU servers. They have more players. Here we don't have enough players to split into multiple guilds. If anything all the random 60-65 folks will band together in hopes of getting a free castle.

As always, grab your popcorn and watch the hilarity ensure.

Well instead of split we can do what niikolaa said, we get one castle and tomorrow we abandon it to get today's and keep doing it to let only one guild with castle...

#22 ZhuRong (Elgore)

ZhuRong (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationIn front of the pc

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:27 PM

It was about time for these siege changes. because the total dominance of one guild is killing this game.

kind of sad that one major aspect of the game was denied to most guilds/players, unless they turned into winning team joiners and joined the strongest guild.

im excited about the new equipment :)

#23 NblSupernova (Elgore)

NblSupernova (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationMorocco

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:27 PM

what about siege timinghuh.png  ?! to give others chance to participate ...  40% players of this server havn't the opportunity to size a castle EXCEPT countries with time zone ( GMT+2/+4).

I hope that will be a sieges for everyone.

Thanks happy.png

• Ynrii (Elgore) and Vorosyn (Elgore) like this
"what does not kill me, makes me stronger."

ldoupaaf3a5.png

#24 Reya (Elgore)

Reya (Elgore)

*dlamk's title here*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:34 PM

what about siege timinghuh.png  ?! to give others chance to participate ...  40% players of this server havn't the opportunity to size a castle EXCEPT countries with time zone ( GMT+2/+4).

I hope that will be a sieges for everyone.

Thanks happy.png

ph34r.png There is always RU server for sieges. Their time for castles should be good for that 40 % of players.

imageedit_1_7978229463.jpg

#25 Foston (Elgore)

Foston (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationBRAZIL

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:43 PM

Agree on change castle time!

• Tinamar-Darkfire (Elgore) likes this

#26 Reya (Elgore)

Reya (Elgore)

*dlamk's title here*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationDancing Forest

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:50 PM

Agree on change castle time!

cfa.jpg

imageedit_1_7978229463.jpg

#27 Vorosyn (Elgore)

Vorosyn (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:13 PM

1. It would be awesome if Siege Time could be changed. OR EVEN BETTER!!! each Castle has a slightly different Time (no two castles have the same time) so that certain days of the week at least a few of us could participate in that one particular Castle/Siege!?

2. Why is there a Demon costume in the Reals market, but not an Angel outfit?!? I will gladly spend 199 Reals for some wings and halo.

Thank you for all the changes you're making and have made. Just want to take a moment and let you know I am enjoying the game. I look forward to what the future holds.

#28 Ragedrop (Elgore)

Ragedrop (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:39 PM

ph34r.png There is always RU server for sieges. Their time for castles should be good for that 40 % of players.

Yeah but no english client or language patch - I dont speak russian and cant read it either.

That beeing said - if they add a language pack to the russian client and THEN let us move chars there - still unplayable because nobody speaks a word of english (atleast most dont), so I can siege by myself on a server where I cant even talk to anyone?

All that aside the communist Castle system gave me a good chuckle atleast as described by Foston.

So I can siege by myself and own a private Castle now.. well why not.

Everyone picks a Castle which they then own for free because why would you give up a perfectly good source of income for free when you would otherwise fight over it?

Aka the Castles get Split between the Actual Siege Guilds for the highest Chest number and the rest goes to either Revolt's split offs or random Guilds that never played an actual siege before.

Cant say Iam entirely for that but then again Its not like anything actually changes for most of us with this.

Certainly torn on the subject somewhere between "Dear God why" and "laughing my face off" I guess....

We are Legion - Forged in Fire

Bathed in Blood - Encased in Iron

Rise and Conquer - Fight for Honor

Find Peace in Death - Onto Valhalla

Lay me to rest - I'll die with Honor 

#29 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2236 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:42 PM

We already had discussions about siege time and every single one is the same and the same time i have to point out the biggest issue: There's no way to please everyone. And you need to understand this.

We have people from many countries and timezones, there will always be a group of players unable to do sieges due to timezones gap. And again, even though players have a different timezone, this is an US server, so they need to follow US timezones i think.

• Reya (Elgore) likes this

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses

#30 Ragedrop (Elgore)

Ragedrop (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:45 PM

We already had discussions about siege time and every single one is the same and the same time i have to point out the biggest issue: There's no way to please everyone. And you need to understand this.

We have people from many countries and timezones, there will always be a group of players unable to do sieges due to timezones gap. And again, even though players have a different timezone, this is an US server, so they need to follow US timezones i think.

Agreed but its also a merge from the EU server aswell - and the majority of players on this server arent even from the "US" strictly speaking either.

Be that as it may - it wouldnt hurt anyone to set the sieges 1 hour apart from each other from monday to Sunday, not the players, not the developers, not the game. But then again why bother? Its been like this for years, the ones that can will siege and the ones that cant play for reasons I dont bother thinking about anymore.

So in summary I do agree with you Solsagan, there is no point in any changes to the scedule at this point in time anymore.

We are Legion - Forged in Fire

Bathed in Blood - Encased in Iron

Rise and Conquer - Fight for Honor

Find Peace in Death - Onto Valhalla

Lay me to rest - I'll die with Honor 

#31 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2236 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:05 PM

Well, they changed siege times once, it used to be 2h later than it is right now. Right now EU players have to do sieges in what time? around 3 and 4 am, with the previous schedule they would have to do it at 5~6am. I don't see a player waking up 5 am to play siege as much as i don't see many doing it having to wake up at 3 am. They could drecease 2 hours, instead of playing at 10pm i'd have to play at 8pm, but i don't know if most US players would be around to play from 4 to 6 pm (assuming they have a job/school). Again, no way to please everyone. 

Having a multi-language(RU,EN and Polish) client and merge with one of the RU servers wouldn't be bad. But then there's no guarantee everyone is going to play with a normal/regular ping and ofc there's the language gap (but this already happens here so it's not the end of the world). But then again, american (north and south) players barely would take part in sieges seeing we have a 6 hours gap (Brazil timezone, it's even higher to US players) from Moscow. 

Edited by Solsagan (Elgore), 25 April 2018 - 09:25 PM.

• Reya (Elgore) likes this

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.

#32 Tiglion (Elgore)

Tiglion (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:56 PM

So first, in regards to everything:    NEW STUFF!    wub.png

Second:

• A guild can own only one castle. A guild leader may leave the current castle if he will choose to make a bid for another. 

This needs a timer/limit of some kind. This can cause a huge griefing problem. If one guild takes a castle, grabs whatever loot, then abandons it, then takes the next one, loots it, and continues on down the list, it can basically hold one castle, but prevent anyone else from getting one. Castles can sit empty/un-owned for days. I'd suggest a 3-day cooldown for starters, see how that goes. (and doesn't reset at Maintenance) Make it so they have to choose which ones they want. That way, if they really want to, they can change between 3 different castles in a week.

Third: As far as the new Level 63 gear, is it going to be released in a huge lump, or still filtered in slowly as indicated before?

#33 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Locationin the confines of the mental universe

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:15 AM

So first, in regards to everything:    NEW STUFF!    wub.png

Second:

• A guild can own only one castle. A guild leader may leave the current castle if he will choose to make a bid for another. 

This needs a timer/limit of some kind. This can cause a huge griefing problem. If one guild takes a castle, grabs whatever loot, then abandons it, then takes the next one, loots it, and continues on down the list, it can basically hold one castle, but prevent anyone else from getting one. Castles can sit empty/un-owned for days. I'd suggest a 3-day cooldown for starters, see how that goes. (and doesn't reset at Maintenance) Make it so they have to choose which ones they want. That way, if they really want to, they can change between 3 different castles in a week.

Third: As far as the new Level 63 gear, is it going to be released in a huge lump, or still filtered in slowly as indicated before?

I'll talk only once, you're totally diverting in pvp. The organizers of this idea may have taken into account in the Russian server, but here this will not happen, because there is only one dominant guild on the server. You only want a way that gives some guilds to dominate the castle without wanting some battle, and this is totally different from the name (siege). People are taking into account the castles just for loot.

Edit: Do not try to deflect pvp from the siege. You do not take castles without resistance.

Edited by Ðarknight (Elgore), 26 April 2018 - 01:22 AM.

#34 I'mKirito (Elgore)

I'mKirito (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:51 AM

less guild loot from 10 they drop to 1 castle. a day they win 1 in the first day in the 2nd day they fight again they win the 2nd castle but they lose the first castle and the first castle you need to wait for its siege to happen again = dropped from 3 chests x10 castles down to 1 castle x3 chests for one guild (3 or 4 chests i dont know how many are given.)
 basicly less free loot. more paying for reals. (thats their thought at least as far as i see it.)

less guild loot from 10 they drop to 1 castle. a day they win 1 in the first day in the 2nd day they fight again they win the 2nd castle but they lose the first castle and the first castle you need to wait for its siege to happen again = dropped from 3 chests x10 castles down to 1 castle x3 chests for one guild (3 or 4 chests i dont know how many are given.)
 basicly less free loot. more paying for reals. (thats their thought at least as far as i see it.)

Is this accurate? Or is loot the same as long as you don’t take another castle you get full loot like before which encourages people to not take more than 1 castle at a time?

#35 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:13 AM

We need to make a thorough assessment of that. 04/25/2018

1 - Will the castles give the same amount of loot as they are currently giving?
2 - PVP - from the moment a guild can only get one castle, all guilds (as well as new guilds), will begin to appear to claim the castles.
3 - Disposing of the castles to play pvp the next day may be the case of the revolt. But had it affected the looting in what way? Positive or negative, or just will not make a difference?
4 - Will a castle only be enough to divide the loot for a whole guild?
5 - If a guild manages to take all the castles, leaving all others that have been conquered empty, will it gain more loot?

Edited by Ðarknight (Elgore), 26 April 2018 - 02:14 AM.

#36 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2236 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:11 AM

Loot won't change i suppose. Plus what is done to castle loot is up to each guild leader. Idk why be so worried about loot lmao.

#37 Nikolaa (Elgore)

Nikolaa (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:08 AM

Is this accurate? Or is loot the same as long as you don’t take another castle you get full loot like before which encourages people to not take more than 1 castle at a time?

since you dont understand yet - they are nerfing the looting from sieges (im not talking about how many red rocks you get from one chest)

they are nerfing the amount of chests you can open in a (current week after this - day ) basicly - a lot less loot.

#38 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:02 AM

It's how Solsagan said, "What's done to win the loot depends on every guild leader." Equipment / Stamps / Cards make a lot of difference.

#39 Tinamar-Darkfire (Elgore)

Tinamar-Darkfire (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:43 PM

Well its sad that we get offered to play on this server as a prior one by installing the game from Steam, I got right to this server, without an opportunity to select or choose where I want to go, but we dont get the chance to try out all the options this game offers, just because it has to suit only US times and players? How much unreasonable does this sound to you? Because to me its unreasonable a lot.

The actual times sucks because for gmt+1 they starting at either midnight or 2 am or 3:30 am. Every other time past this adds +1 hour to the players on that timezone. That is not playable for us. Do we not count for this server when stuff is being considered? I dont know if we are only 40% or less, or a good half or even more, but we are part of this community and this server, and we and our interests should be taken into consideration when doing changes to be given same chances as the US players.

I am on the gmt+1, i tried twice the siege at midnight, and trust me after a long day in work, staying up till midnight till the event even starts gets tiring. Especially if the two midnight timed castles are set for weekend days, why cant those two start sooner at least? I dont work every weekend, many dont work on weekends either and could try it if the times were more suitable, why not give more chances to more players?

Same as someone mentioned, I am not russian. I understand a couple words yes, but I cant speak it or communicate with them in the way that it would pay out to even be worth to move on their server. And there is no other server id know about that would suit the times and needs of European players and players from Africa and around.

Moving 2-4 of the castles to more suitable times for all players would not hurt the US players much, and would support the feeling of being part of this server in the players from other time zones.

As you named it Solsagan .... there truly is no way to please everyone but pleasing always only one part of this community will break this community.

I hope people responsible for the updates and changes will consider what i said in the sentence before - moving at least a few castles to more suitable times - because that is a WAY to please everyone in some way by giving chances to all to participate. Saying there is no way is something that would say only a person who does not want to find a way. But they like our money the same way, because its us who pays them.

• Shimanu (Elgore) and Ynrii (Elgore) like this

Life's already too serious

Don't make your games be the same

They are suppose to be fun

#40 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2236 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:15 PM

As i said, it changes nothing. They can change the whole siege schedule and players will still complain about it.  Imagine if they merge our server with any russian server. Most of us wouldn't be able to take part in sieges too but i hardly doubt they would change the schedule to fit for everyone, because they can't.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: news, coming soon, developers notes, The North, sieges

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users