• Booty Assassin™ likes this

nFk3Ux9.jpg

#2 Talestra (Elgore)

Talestra (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1087 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 04:32 AM

If you refer to Steam charts, they show only Steam players online.

#3 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Locationin the confines of the mental universe

Posted 27 June 2018 - 03:55 PM

I'm referring to this dead server.

nFk3Ux9.jpg

#4 Talestra (Elgore)

Talestra (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1087 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:56 PM

Did you count heads or just got some top secret statistics? ph34r.png

#5 EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationHaha, no.

Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:36 PM

30 players!!!!

where?

"I repeat: all units of the Archadian Army hold your fire.

The battle is over. As of this moment, we have signed a cease-fire with Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca, Her Royal Majesty."

Deepest respects to those who recognise this quote.

#6 Talestra (Elgore)

Talestra (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1087 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:14 PM

30 players!!!!

where?

You have frightened them away with your endless wars :D

#7 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:07 PM

It may not seem like it, but I was a guild leader and was overwhelmed by the dominant guild in times past. I just followed the game and managed to have fun. But now there are not enough players to have competition. The old system was bad, but this one is not better than the other, at least not in this server, here it does not avenge. This system is totally lost here.

nFk3Ux9.jpg

#8 KiraQuest (Elgore)

KiraQuest (Elgore)

Event Coordinator

• Moderators
  • 1607 posts
  • LocationYork, United Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:59 PM

Player numbers routinely drop in July to August on many games, largely due to the Northern Hemisphere player base going away on Summer Holidays. Conversely numbers rise as Northern Hemisphere nights draw in and outdoor temperatures drop.

You certainly cannot rely upon Steam stats since a very large percentage of our player population now uses the Direct Client download and Steam's recording parameters assume game engagement in an a rather archaic way.

85478046cdaabc46b52f40a4f27cfe66.png

#9 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:16 PM

I'm prettty sure the number of players online didn't drop because of summer holidays or something related.

• Khyaran (Elgore), Ragedrop (Elgore) and Ðarknight (Elgore) like this
First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#10 MissHestia (Elgore)

MissHestia (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:30 AM

honestly ive tried to play this game a couple days ago about 4 or 5 days and no one ever really talks.. except for selling items. so i asked around to see if any guilds would take me in cuz ima new player i wanted to learn more and chat with folks and no one responded day after day after day so i kinda gave up i mean im willing to come back for sure.. but untill i find like minded people to play with idk tbh i just wish i could. Maybe people just dont care 'shrugs'. My account is old but i just started playing now i guess i picked a verry bad time to play.

#11 Nikolaa (Elgore)

Nikolaa (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 02:43 PM

honestly ive tried to play this game a couple days ago about 4 or 5 days and no one ever really talks.. except for selling items. so i asked around to see if any guilds would take me in cuz ima new player i wanted to learn more and chat with folks and no one responded day after day after day so i kinda gave up i mean im willing to come back for sure.. but untill i find like minded people to play with idk tbh i just wish i could. Maybe people just dont care 'shrugs'. My account is old but i just started playing now i guess i picked a verry bad time to play.

Because this is a unkown game with a very low population and many have lost interest to play it before and even more after the last 2 updates.

#12 Khyaran (Elgore)

Khyaran (Elgore)

Right back at it again

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1413 posts
  • LocationVarlone, battling the Master of Enchantment

Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:41 PM

The game never was that overly popular among EU/US playerbase, hence why the EU server got merged with the US server (our current server)

Thing is the game doesnt appeal to many, and MMORPG's have always been kindof niche games (popular nonetheless though)

2 of the biggest mmorpgs have been around for years (2nd biggest since 2012, the largest since way before that), and they always managed to keep their population somewhat steady, to even increasing pretty much constantly

Admitted, most things done in RQ can be done way more effective/better in other games

Answer no master, never the slave,

Carry your dreams down into the grave

#13 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:02 PM

A game as insignificant as Tibia (As some speak), has managed to maintain its
population since 1997. Of course, the games that managed to keep its population,
paid attention to the same.
 The fact is that when there are bugs, they want us to introduce them, but when there
are problems with the game itself, they do not need us to present the facts to them.

Edited by Ðarknight (Elgore), 06 July 2018 - 05:05 PM.

nFk3Ux9.jpg

#14 Talestra (Elgore)

Talestra (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 1087 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:30 PM

The fact is that when there are bugs, they want us to introduce them, but when there
are problems with the game itself, they do not need us to present the facts to them.

Bugs are technical problems and a technical problem is solved by technical means only. Problems with the game are not so easy to fix, even with all facts presented by players. Most recent changes, I bet, have been triggered by the best intentions and willingness to hear players' desires. And?

#15 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:25 PM

Bugs are technical problems and a technical problem is solved by technical means only. Problems with the game are not so easy to fix, even with all facts presented by players. Most recent changes, I bet, have been triggered by the best intentions and willingness to hear players' desires. And?

Assumptions are not relevant to me, I'm sorry. Bugs can be more than technical problems at the end of the day. Anyone who discovers a bug can benefit from it depending on the magnitude of the problem. What I am trying to say is that reward is an important factor in getting this to be denounced more often. I know some bugs that do not make much difference, but it's still a technical problem, I have no reason to warn about the bug and I will not, but if I find any bug that might be gross with the game system, I'll do it. But if there are any bugs in which I can benefit and there is no reason for me to warn about it, why would I warn?

But ultimately we're not talking about technical issues, but about the attention that developers are giving to their players. And as a matter of fact, speculations are not important in this case.

nFk3Ux9.jpg

#16 Rodrigo (Elgore)

Rodrigo (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:06 PM

I have no idea what you guys on about but I've been log in these days RQ still pretty active the only issue is that no one is doing pvp and I dont know why. 

#17 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:29 PM

Becauase people think pvp  = siege only. But most players are off because of other reasons.

Assumptions are not relevant to me, I'm sorry. Bugs can be more than technical problems at the end of the day. Anyone who discovers a bug can benefit from it depending on the magnitude of the problem. What I am trying to say is that reward is an important factor in getting this to be denounced more often. I know some bugs that do not make much difference, but it's still a technical problem, I have no reason to warn about the bug and I will not, but if I find any bug that might be gross with the game system, I'll do it. But if there are any bugs in which I can benefit and there is no reason for me to warn about it, why would I warn?

But ultimately we're not talking about technical issues, but about the attention that developers are giving to their players. And as a matter of fact, speculations are not important in this case.

Bug is always a techinical problem, nothing more. But each bug is different from the other and they have differents impacts in game. There's no need to reward anyone who reports a bug,  i believe that by reporting a bug you're one  step foward to making the game better not only to you, but to everyone else. 

• Talestra (Elgore) likes this
First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#18 Morŧred (Elgore)

Morŧred (Elgore)

The Master Thief

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationBurgas, Bulgaria

Posted 08 July 2018 - 05:02 PM

But most players are off because of other reasons.

Agreed, some of us have University Semester Exams this time around.

#19 Nikolaa (Elgore)

Nikolaa (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:25 PM

Agreed, some of us have University Semester Exams this time around.

so every year at these times the population drops from maybe constant 200 tops a day (not saying how long anyone plays) down to... 30-50? depends on br day/night time?

#20 Morŧred (Elgore)

Morŧred (Elgore)

The Master Thief

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • LocationBurgas, Bulgaria

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:43 AM

so every year at these times the population drops from maybe constant 200 tops a day (not saying how long anyone plays) down to... 30-50? depends on br day/night time?

I didn't say that was the only reason, but Summer has always been a dead season for RQ. Last year was an exception because of the Release of the Solo update every was hyped for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users