The Expedition to the North continues!
Two new locations: Khabul and the Hand of Frost
Khabul is an inhospitable territory inhabited by orcs. Most of them are aggressive warriors, brooding on destroying humanity for good. Some are more or less sociable, though. If you happen to get to the village, the first thing you should do is find Daranduk the Stern.
Khabul houses the entrance to the Varlam Caves. These caves are infected with terravium. The entrance is guarded by Horstguard the Battle Mage, and he’s not going to let you in easy.
The Hand of Frost resembles a monster’s paw in shape. It is a cold, remote, and deserted area washed over by every wind. Occasionally visited by expeditions and researchers. The small alaite hunter camp is absolutely worth visiting. Its dwellers will help you however they can.
One has to wonder especially who built the Icy Tower. Maybe knock on its door and see?
The Varlam Caves are available once the quests are completed and are open for everyone at once, while the Mineral Pit is a dungeon for parties of up to 8 players.
The monsters dwelling in the caves are tainted with terravium and corrupted. Even the cards dropped by these monsters are peculiar, altered by their exposure to the Terravium Spirit.
Due to their proximity to the Terravium Spirit, tainted monsters are stronger and more dangerous than their counterparts from the caves closer to the surface.
Shared PvP location boss
Both alaites and humans can enjoy the hospitality of the North to its fullest: if you manage to fight through the aggressive orcs right to the lair of Dengur the Bloody Axe, he’ll be glad to oblige and butcher you personally.
The law of Elenia has no place in his lair. Guilds and lone adventurers can attack each other to slay Dengur on their own and claim all the loot for themselves.
New cards and equipment
Northern monsters, new and existing alike, now drop cards! What are these cards good for, you might ask?
The inhabitants of the Mineral Pit drop special cards. The cards of creatures tainted with terravium pose more danger to their bearer than those of their healthy counterparts. The Terravium Spirit’s card, on the other hand, resonates with them grants special stats.
Lvl 65 equipment is now available for all classes (head, torso, greaves, gloves, footwear). The non-slot versions can be obtained from both old and the new monsters in the North. Slot equipment recipes can be obtained from elite and boss monsters of the North. Note that non-personal items can only be dropped by the world bosses roaming the common locations. These bosses still drop personal recipes way more often.
- Crusader: Ice Axe Set.
- Dark Knight: Icy Will Set
- Hunter: Northern Monster Tamer Set
- Sniper: Cold Blood Set
- Burglar: Austin Set
- Assassin: Night Lurker Set
- Sorcerer: Wind Lord Set
- Warlock: Tower Master Set
- New Northern-style loading screen with orcs
- Crystal, Gold, and Orcish Chests will now appear in the northern locations (except Aranta).
- Added location descriptions.
- Added new Monster Cards to the existing Card Album (except elite and boss monster cards).
- The northern caves are now home to Cave Spiders!
Warlocks can now affect targets with several runes of hunger and runes of chaos. Each Warlock can only stack the effect once. Their own stack can expire on the target before all other runes disappear (as well as the corresponding effect icon).
Heretic’s Brand (Crusader) and Target (Archer, Hunter, Sniper) no longer boost damage to targets not belonging to the source’s group. Each party (or single character) can only mark their target with one stack of such an effect.
- Changed the Mega Irex card. The cards you already have will be marked as Ancient and won’t be affected. Mega Irex will now grant a new card, which gives +8 to Luck, +8 to Stamina, and a 3% chance to poison the target for 8 seconds, no more than once per 4 seconds.
Dengur (PvP location boss) card introduced, granting PvP bonuses instead of the Mega Irex card.
- The card dropped by the goblins now adds to attack speed instead of multiplying it. Cards already owned by players will be marked as Ancient, and their effect will remain unchanged. They can’t be obtained in a Card Album or dropped by a goblin.
You can now obtain a card which provides a huge boost to attack speed at the PvP location (Bigben card).
- Dungeons generated for individual quests award reduced experience, and no longer award loot or any Royal Hunt points.
- The domesticated angeleasel’s name is now Ayamee.
- The actual effective area of the Planar Protection skill is now closer to the visual effect it provides.
- Fixed the suit names of the Kings and Queens in cards.
- Fixed issues with the start of the Battleground experienced by some Enigma players.
- Fixed a bug falsely triggering the “Resurrection can’t be used right now because the target is alive” message. Please let us know if you encounter a similar issue again.
- Unavailable quests are no longer listed together with permitted
Get ready to new adventures!