Welcome the final part of the Northern Lands update.
All of the Northern locations are already available – so what will you discover in this update?
The fiery finale of the North storyline, Curtis’s research, and the story of the Tower Master. Is it really the end, though?
The investigation of the northern lands is proceeding, and expeditions continue to discover scary, dangerous places inhabited by monsters and bosses never before heard of.
An Abandoned Warehouse of ore and lumber had been found on the Battle Shores. The small building proved to be of no interest to anyone after Aranta refused to conduct research and gradually fell into ruin. The warehouse is anything but abandoned now, though. Cryptozoologists, if properly armed, can obtain enough materials for a decent paper. Possibly a posthumous paper.
The Hand of Frost holds even more secrets. The North has always been a shelter from royal authority. Not only for people, as it turns out, but also for the undead. You may find out what exactly they dislike about the N’galu’s agenda in T’hingu’s Shelter. There’s just one obstacle: they murder anyone who finds them. Just in case.
The scariest and most mysterious place of the Hand is the ancient Elven Factory, where the most dangerous material in the world of Aura was once mined. It’s scary to even think how terravium must have corrupted those who stayed there.
Lv. 65 weapons can now be found across the North. Common monsters drop regular non-slotted weapons. In order to collect slotted weapons, you’ll need a recipe and resources, just like for any other Lv. 65 equipment.
In addition to weapons, Elenia now boasts Lv. 65 Totems, Artifacts, Face Accessories and Rings. Some of these can be obtained from bosses in Solo’s Mansion, and others from the Elven Factory and T’hingu’s Shelter.
Also, most new monsters drop their cards.
Voko’s Special Arena
Voko, the monster boss, used to lead a fat life underground, feeding on anything it found. Those pesky researchers stumbled upon this monstrous creature in their digs, and now anyone can feed it with their own flesh, or try to triumph over the living fossil!
There are two paths you can take to reach it. Three groups of travelers can attack it from different sides, but only the best will get the loot. If you doubt you’ll be the best, kill your opponents and feed them to Voko!
Elenia’s laws don’t apply here. This location is open for battle.
- Monsters and bosses in the Solo dungeon now drop 65 Lv. jewelry, and their level has been increased to 65.
- Elka the boss won’t drop personal equipment anymore (but may still drop recipes for it).
- Boss and Elite chests found in the North now contain Lv. 65 weapons and their recipes (personality rules and drop odds are identical to those of the other northern items).
- Elka the boss now slows down and interrupts casts when auto attack is on. Its health has been increased by 50%.
- PvP location bosses Voko and Dengur now also drop small chests for characters who have dealt more than 3 million damage. The characters must be alive at the time of the boss’s death. Damage is calculated by the usual rules, which are used for the Top 4 rewards as well. These small chests are given out with a longer delay than the larger chests, and contain much less loot.
Six new bosses have been added in this update: one open world and five dungeon bosses.
- Voko (open world)
Guilds have much more to offer now: their own currency, shops, reputation, bosses, and activities.
We’ll look at all of these in due course.
All changes can be viewed in one place. The guild interface has been revamped. Keep your eyes peeled for pop-up tips! They contain useful information.
Guild Ranking Update
The guild ranking system has been updated. There are two rankings now.
The battle ranking:
- Calculated from wins, defeats, and ties in guild wars
- All guild members can view this ranking
The global ranking is calculated from the following:
- Guild level
- Number of active players
- Number of bosses defeated
- Total player level
The ranking is updated hourly. Rankings drop during maintenance, so guilds will have to try hard to stay among the best!
What do these new buttons do?
Use the Greet button to salute other guild members and earn coins (guild currency).The more guild members greet each other, the higher their greet reward on the following day.
The Register button is similar to Greet, but the reward is fixed and depends only on the player. If you skip registering, you won’t receive the reward the following day.
Use the Contribute button to contribute your Gold Tokens in exchange for guild reputation and coins once per day. Each contributed token adds 100,000 Gold to the guild account. Buy Gold Tokens from Darin the Blacksmith in Varlone.
Guild Shop and Reputation
Guild reputation indicates the value of each character in a particular guild. When joining the guild, each character, including the guild leader, has a reputation of 0 by default. You can view a character’s reputation in the main guild interface.
If the character leaves the guild, their reputation is reset.
Here’s what increases reputation:
- Gaining guild experience
- Killing guild bosses (in a future update)
- Saluting guild members
Guild reputation and coins are needed to buy items in the guild shop.
There are 5 reputation levels:
- Recruit (first skill tier, basic shop assortment)
- Adept (second skill tier, expanded shop assortment)
- Master (third skill tier, complete shop assortment)
- Hero (fourth skill tier; when the leader is automatically replaced, priority is given to these players).
The quantity of items in the guild shop is limited: the numbers shown next to item icons represent the number of purchases available for the entire guild during the week. This purchase limit is per character, so there’s no need to rush in and buy everything you see.
Each guild has its own account. That’s where the guild gold is stored. The guild accumulates gold when its members contribute Gold Tokens.
The gold can be spent for guild events, such as
- Resetting guild skills
- Purchasing guild warehouse slots
- Purchasing boss scrolls
The previous gold amount will be mailed to the leaders once they install the update.
- Slots can now be purchased for guild currency
- The number of tabs has been increased to 7
- Row prices remain the same.
- Guild members’ access to the warehouse is now limited by tabs instead of rows.
- All items stored in the warehouse should still be there.
That’s right! Now the guild can summon:
- Ancient Treant
- Only the guild leader can purchase scrolls. Each scroll can be purchased up to 3 times per week.
- Bosses are summoned to the arena of a captured castle. No castle means no bosses.
- A boss can be summoned once a day. Once you summon the boss, you can only summon them again after three days have passed.
- Bosses are summoned to the arena one by one.
- Only guild members can participate in a boss fight.
- These are altered versions of the original bosses, designed for guild battles.
- Each battle participant gets a chest, which may contain a piece of the corresponding card.
Replacing the Guild Leader
If the guild leader has been inactive (hasn’t entered the game) for 90 days, they will be automatically replaced. The player with the best rating will become the new leader. Many factors are taken into account when choosing a new leader.
If the leader has been inactive for more than 30 but fewer than 90 days, you may spend gold to replace them. Any guild member ranked higher than Adept can request that the leader be replaced.
Inactive guild leaders will be replaced when the update is installed.
How do you tell active players from inactive? A character is considered an active guild member, if they:
- Contribute resources to the guild
- Participate in guild wars
- Participate in sieges
- Increase their guild reputation
- The guild development branches have been drastically changed: Added new skills.
- War interface enhanced.
- Guild history interface expanded.
- Siege bids are only accepted in guild currency.
- Premium accounts receive 30% more coins for activity.
Please note: The permitted number of guild members (50 max) can be fewer than the actual number of guild members before the update.
If the player limit is exceeded, guild members cannot do the following:
- Contribute to the guild
- Register with the guild once per day
- Salute other guild members
- Black Boratooth now drops Flexible Dental Nerve instead of Dental Nerve.
- New regular monsters of the North now drop common loot, gold, and Hearts of Cold.
- Regular monsters may drop Lv. 65 non-slotted weapons (personality rules and drop odds are identical to those of other items). Dungeon regular monsters have a small chance of dropping personal weapons and equipment.
- Players who leave the party in a dungeon can’t be invited back.
- The total damage dealt to the boss Giant Tortolla doesn’t increase with decreased distance or with the Siege effect.
- The Adult Pincerbiter card now also drops Garguar’s Eye and Khabul Corundum.
- The odds of dropping Hearts of Cold are now several times higher.
- Cod Liver Oil now prevents for 10 seconds from getting new debuffs which are not control effects or DoT effects. Stun, Acidic Ammunition, Broken Armor, and Vulnerability are now removed with Cod Liver Oil.
- The Pain effect now deals damage to enemies without slowing them down
- Fixed a bug which prevented the damage dealt over time by Pain and Bleeding from being increased by the Acidic Ammunition effect
- Damage dealt by the Poison effect is increased by 10%
- The pet Parasite now deals 70% less damage
- Damage dealt by the Parasite effect is decreased by 33%
- The tamed hunter pet now deals 33% less damage
- The Beast’s Bite skill (Leader of the Pack form) now hits the target with Acidic Ammunition if the corresponding talent has been selected
- Damage dealt by the skills Beast’s Bite and Swoop (Leader of the Pack form) doubled
- Damage dealt by Flamethrower is increased by 92%
- Damage dealt by Finishing Blow is increased by 20%
- Damage dealt by Temporal Shot is increased by 30%
- Sniper: The Masterly Aiming talent is replaced with a bonus of 40 Hit for the Roland V, VI, and X cannons
- The Roland V and VI now prioritize targets affected by Target, regardless of whether the Masterly Aiming talent has been chosen
- The Acidic Ammunition effect now affects Roland V and VI cannons
Archer, Hunter, Sniper:
- Damage dealt by Strong Strike increased by 20%
- Instant healing caused by Healing Charge increased by 30%
- The Acidic Ammunition effect caused by its namesake talent now stacks up to 31 (was 93) from everyone attacking the target.
- Instant healing of Detoxification increased by 30%
- The mechanics of Poison Eating have been revamped: If the target of Detoxification and/or Assassin is affected by the Poison effect, it vanishes. The Assassin obtains the Healing buff for the duration of the rest of the removed debuff.
- The condition of the Murder Feast talent has been mitigated: Both Bleeding and Poison now count (was only Bleeding)
- The condition of the Born Killer talent has been changed: Instead of taking a critical hit, the target must be a single character or a monster. The character is considered single if they lack allied auras and are not affected by Shadow Dungeon.
- The passive bonus of the Heartstruck talent has been replaced with a 20% damage increase against monsters and single characters
- The passive bonus of the Vampire’s Strike talent has been replaced with a 15% elemental Poison damage increase
- The Sip of Booze skill doesn’t require Cunning and doesn’t spend this resource. The additional skill effects have been changed to the following: only one debuff is removed (instead of 1 to 4), and Nimbleness now stacks up to 4
- The previous limit of the healing-over-time buff from Sip of Booze has been doubled
- The Poisoned Wounds talent bonus (Poison damage) is now 30% (was 15%)
- The critical hit requirement has been removed from the following talents: Mass Intoxication, Snake Dexterity, Living Bomb
- The Trickster talent condition has changed: You must take critical damage instead of dealing it. Nimbleness duration extended from 5 to 7 seconds
- The Stealthy Blow condition in Chase has been modified: In order to stun the target, the skill must be activated against a monster or a single character when invisible
- Damage (and healing) dealt by Bloody Harvest is doubled
- Instant damage dealt by Dagger of Plague is increased by 50%
- Damage dealt by Domination is increased by 20%
Dark Knight, Crusader:
- Damage dealt by Spear Throw is increased by 50%
- Damage dealt by Piercing is tripled
- Damage dealt by Breakthrough is increased by 30%
- Damage dealt by Crushing Blow is increased by 25%
- Damage dealt by Anger is increased by 40%
- Damage dealt by Message of Death is doubled
- Damage dealt by Crushing Blade is increased by 50%
- Damage dealt by Harvest is increased by 30%
- Double clicking “repeatable” skills no longer triggers auto attack in a loop.
- The player no longer gets teleported to the maiden when going from one location to another (such as in Taskona Valley).
- Dungeon bosses don’t drop more than one chest daily.
- A bug has been fixed which prevented the Thief with the Escape talent from removing the Immobilization debuff when using Leap.
- Rampant Anger and Berserker’s Resilience don’t prevent the user from being affected by Immobilization (which is not considered an effect that prevents the use of skills).
- Interaction range of the Pedestal in the Secret Mage Cave has been increased. If you find that the item has disappeared and the quest wasn’t completed, cancel the quest and accept it again.
- A bug has been fixed which prevented the Rune of Chaos and Rune of Hunger from being visually prolonged by the buffs affecting the target.
- Sorcerer, Warlock: The description of the Stun skill has been updated.
- Troll Totem can now be activated when killing Troll Spearmen and Troll Crossbowmen.
- A bug has been fixed which prevented Destructor from appearing in Destruct-O-Mania if the character entered it with a hunter’s pet or Roland X.
- A bug has been fixed which prevented a resting character from standing up in quest locations of Otherland (the character won’t sit down after having been idle for 5 minutes).
- The following items’ internal level and Defense has been increased (from 60 to 65 and by 16%, respectively): Vallen’s Arrow (A), Two Hearts Glasses (A), Mirror Ball (A). You may now obtain a Rune of Cold when splitting these items. The item prices remain the same.