Alert (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:07 PM

Hey Everyone :D

It's Alert as you all can obviously see! Today I decided to revise my previous guide to please everyone, and I'm OCD so it didn't bode well for me!

So I am going to make this into sections for you all, this build is adjustable as long as you understand the basics of everything. However, I first want to give credit to my good friend Malefyx who is always willing to lend a helping hand and loves to discuss PvP and builds, my two favorite things!

So guys, first what you need is the proper build, Stamina, so you can last, Intelligience so you can do major damage, and dexterity, for the faster attack, first attack in a battle could very well win it! http://royalcalc.org....8UH1:1R.o.1Y.1, inspect this build here and everything will make sense once I explain how to be of use in group fights and how to destroy and other class. 

PvP

So, the major thing in PvP, you will need to have a lot of stamina with a mild amount of intelligience. By 40 you should have at least 6k hp! This is for a very good reason, hell, I would recommend more! However, this should be the least hp you have, or else any/everything would wreck you. I personally roll with 8k hp and find that my damage stays the same due to the talent tree setup! In PvP the warlock's job is to stay on the outskirts and debuff. Relative to a necromancer or blood druid, they feed off of other's pain and gain health from it. Use this to your advantage! Ties of blood is great for tanky players, and shield of blood has saved my ass countless times! Blood Ritual and Obsession also benefit you greatly with attack, obsession gives an instant cooldown on all your skills to! So I will just get this out of the way, Mental Blow is your bestfriend. No arguments please, I strongly believe it and I have proved it to my friend Druids, WizKhalifa, and Gussy. I love to go in a duel with full concentration, I hit with 1 mental blow at the start and then use the defense debuff to its full advantage, in seconds you will have max concentration again, so don't worry. Now i will emphasize, a class will teleport, chase, leap, or chain you. You will be frozen or stunned, DO NOT PANIC OR YOU WILL DIE. They should be low hp at that point if you do what i say in later sections I am about to type. If they have 5k or 6k hp or under, mental blow three times and energy blast. It is quick and will save you if other skills are on cooldown. As I was saying before, Warlock is a major part of group battles! We can insanity, seal of silence, nightmare, or cast rune of madness and they can't even attack anyone! Doing this 1st in a fight will save you and your allies lives. Debuffs are a major part of the Warlock, so keep Veil of Darkness on you at all times, it is vital! Now i will get into the specifics of dueling other classes!

Assassin

Please listen very carefully. Ears are vital in Pvp, almost every assassin will stealth, if you have seen them first then arrow of chaos, so that a shard of chaos is in them, the periodic damage makes sure they cannot stealth, but I understand that most times, nobody will see them. That's okay. So think like an assassin, what is the most efficient way to take someone down? Stealth, chase, shadow strike, ripper, if they force field throw all bombs and wait patiently. Classic Assassin guys, and today you will learn how to negate all that. Assassins will stealth, so when they stealth be careful and ready, when you hear a ding, teleport! Do not forcefield. It will waste it for further purposes. Teleport and cast a rune of madness on them then teleport again towards them and arrow of chaos, then hit them with a mental blow or energy blast. Be patient, they can stealth and you will have hp left with this build. When you rune them try to firewall while they run, so that they damage themselves, now who's the joke on?! Assassins are pretty easy, just try to make sure they don't ripper you, if they do then listen closely to me. Forcefield immediately after, they will start to bomb, but stay calm, teleport before they do and rune of madness them. Once that is done hit them with insanity and spam arrow, with a mental blow or energy blast thrown in! They will surely die. If not then they will still be very close, if you get nervous then throw a firewall infront of them and then seal of silence them, but that won't be necessary! If there any further questions pertaining to dueling assassins then comment under! 

Thief

In my opinion, they have always been the easiest class to take on! Do the same thing as you would for an assassin but be wary of their stuns and ice bomb. Their leap is also a valuable asset of theirs so always be ready to teleport! Again, ask questions when needed!

Sniper/Hunter

Now I promise everyone of you that this will work, IT IS GURANTEED. I spent a long time yesterday testing with my good friend Wiz. So what does a sniper or hunter always do? Anyone? I'm kidding of course, I refuse to make this like another episode of Dora. Wound Dressing, is what the children screamed at their tv! It is extremely hard to do any damage to them with that on, so all you have to do is Magic Devouring, it takes off their wound dressing and gives you mana for it! The cooldown for the spell is 2 seconds and the cast time is very short, I believe around a second, without their dressing they are a fairly weak class! Then rune of madness them and spam arrow of chaos along with throwing an energy blast or mental blow. I PROMISE YOU THIS WORKS! So in doing so, you have stripped them of their wound dressing and that is their biggest asset! Most snipers or rangers have a fairly low maximum Hp, due to the fact that they rely on wound dressing. Some are tanky, so once youve used magic devouring, rune of madness them then insanity them! Then you can lay down all your skills and be comfortable. If insanity is wearing off then silence them at the 2 second mark and then start the continuous wrecking again! Just magic devour everytime that they wound dress! Again, comment for questions.

Other warlocks/sorcerers

The second trickiest part to being a warlock :( I am revealing these to all of you so that you will all get better. So now the standard may be raised. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO USE RUNE OF MADNESS THEN GET INSANITY OFF. Warlocks will have died by the time insanity is gone, however sorcs are a different story, so try to keep an insanity or silence on them at all times, then cast Hex on them along with a rune of chaos, that means almost 200 or 300 percent of the damage is inflicted back upon them, that they do to you! Then cast ties of blood on them and shield of blood yourself, just incase. Then you will be set for the rest of the fight! Fairly easy right? Again, if you wish for me to add anything or help you understand something then just comment!

DK/Crusader

The OVERALL trickiest part to being a warlock, for crusaders, do the same thing as you would do for other tanky classes, Dk's however are another story. Classic DK- Chain, Freeze, Skill Hit, Fury Bombs. YOU WILL DIE I PROMISE. This combo will wreck every bit of your hp, but don't worry, im here to fix that for you ;) As the DK pulls you, teleport in the split second then rune of madness, then insanity, then skill skill skill, then at the end of that use a seal of silence so they still cant majorly damage you. They will come back and wait for it to wear off, so hex and rune of chaos then shield of blood yourself and ties of blood them. As they rush in and go to chain, teleport again then set a firewall in their path and a rain of fire on top of yourself! Then mental blow 3 times, then use magical concentration, the skill that fills all 3 concentration points, and do it 2 more times, LEAVE 1 CONCENTRATION!!!! CRUCIAL! After doing that they may still have hp and pull you, so this time forcefield and obsession with the 1 concentration you have! Then you will have every one of your skills cooldown time reset! So again use rune of madness, then firewall in the path they run in, after doing so mental blow 3 times and energy blast, if they are still alive then they are a god or a hacker. My friends, I thank you all for reading this! I HOPE YOU ALL BENEFIT GREATLY!

PvP in groups

Make sure to always have Veil of Darkness! Go for the dps first, use the process i showed you! Kill them and get the attention off your teammates. After doing so, throw in a heal for yourself and head for the support. Kill the healer and your life gets so much easier, take the dps out first so that the healer is open. The other teammates of yours should be taking the tank, so you will be GOLDEN! Just make sure not to rush in first, unless you have miraged, then go in and cast insanity on their most dangerous player and GTFO! Make sure your team is helping or the 2 dps players normally in a group will wreck you. 

This it everyone! Thanks so much for reading it and leave a plus 1 if you like it! Changes will be made if needed, this build makes sure that you don't have to spend tons of gold on items either! Plussed and sealed items are still highly recommended however. Use this build to destroy all and most importantly, HAVE FUN WITH IT! Leave a comment if anything confuses you and I can justify it all! Thanks guys, read up! By the way if I am too specific with things it is for a reason, I want to give you all a situation, obviously you do not have to do just that. Mix it up a bit guys. Guys this is not a major pve build, if you pve then make sure to rely on fire wall, rain of fire and forcefield. mob them up instead of singular mobs.

-Alert

shoutouts to all the lovely people who helped me test this and recommended things, Pironese, you supported me man! Malefyx you helped tons man! Druids/Realm, obviously thanks for being the babe you are.  :D

• Alert (Elgore), Pironese (Elgore), WizKhalifa (Elgore) and 3 others like this

As long as it's for the right cause, there's nothing wrong with playing dirty.

#2 Godsu (Elgore)

Godsu (Elgore)

Heartless

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • LocationKarnaca

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:33 PM

Where the tl;dr version of this?

" A true hunter never rests "

LqchOiW.png  

#3 WizKhalifa (Elgore)

WizKhalifa (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, FL

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:24 AM

Great job bae +1

#4 Alert (Elgore)

Alert (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:32 AM

Where the tl;dr version of this?

if you don't wanna read it then you don't have to man, i made it specific because i noticed nobody knew how to play it. Don't read it if you don't wanna 

#5 Pironese (Elgore)

Pironese (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:55 AM

+1, liked the approach

#6 Roclyfe (Elgore)

Roclyfe (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:11 AM

Under Snipers, Magic Devouring is a 2 second cooldown, but it has a 1.5s cast time not instant

#7 Akroz (Elgore)

Akroz (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationYoutube

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:38 PM

vs sniper is not all about stealing his heal skill, if he have roland u r screw u cant stay there and take all the dmg of that thing probably you should play more against different sniper to know what to do in different battle :P

#8 Alert (Elgore)

Alert (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:58 PM

vs sniper is not all about stealing his heal skill, if he have roland u r screw u cant stay there and take all the dmg of that thing probably you should play more against different sniper to know what to do in different battle :P

Snipers are what I primarily play against and in doing so, I can take any level 40 sniper, with a few exceptions of ending in a tied number of wins, thanks though man! Double Roland setup is OP

#9 Alert (Elgore)

Alert (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:59 PM

Under Snipers, Magic Devouring is a 2 second cooldown, but it has a 1.5s cast time not instant

Just added it in man, thank you!

#10 UnlikelyAsh (Elgore)

UnlikelyAsh (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:08 AM

Hi Alert,

Thanks for the Guide! Could you touch on the stats for gear to compliment the stats for your build?  I'm guessing since you aren't putting many points into crit, it's coming from gear. (Is that right?). I'm a newer player, so my knowledge of playing a warlock is limited.

#11 BlackRain (Elgore)

BlackRain (Elgore)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 07:52 AM

we assassins know about the *Ding*...so no chase without frost. :P

• XionKale (Elgore) likes this

#12 Alert (Elgore)

Alert (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:24 PM

Hi Alert,

Thanks for the Guide! Could you touch on the stats for gear to compliment the stats for your build?  I'm guessing since you aren't putting many points into crit, it's coming from gear. (Is that right?). I'm a newer player, so my knowledge of playing a warlock is limited.

Hello, well in my build I rely on my armor for luck, and a tiny bit of dex. However, I want more luck than dex. I will be getting a berserkers totem and then all my extra points will go into dex. So gear gives me some good crit chance, and then my extra points and occasional seals will give me my dex.

#13 Alert (Elgore)

Alert (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:25 PM

we assassins know about the *Ding*...so no chase without frost. :P

Yes, some do. But, most assassins stealth/chase/shadowstrike, then they ice bomb, poison bomb, blinding, then ripper or add moves to get cunning, in order to ripper. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users