14 replies to this topic

#1 Celesfernal (Elgore)

Celesfernal (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:38 AM

Around 1-2 years ago I posted a link talking about how the game has fallen into around 100 players based on steam charts. Enya responded with "we're seeing a steady plateau".

I came back to find Enya gone, and the player numbers fallen to below 35 playing in the last hour. Looked into the forums... this game is literally dead to the point where there isn't even anyone to make a post about it being dead anymore. So I took the initiative to make a post, this is probably the last post that you'll ever get about trying to revive the game because probably the next time I check back on this game the only thing I'll see is a "royal quest is shutting down it's US servers" post with no one there to even complain... 

The problem with the game right now is that it's hanging on too tight to it's p2w system and it can't afford to lose those players that's already spent alot of money on the game. The one thing you NEED to do, is to get rid of that system completely, completely relaunch royal quest, maybe reward the old players that paid, but right now you  literally don't have anything to lose.... I'm sure even the old players would rather you bringing in hundreds of new players to play against than showing off their p2w gear against 2 to 3 people that doesn't even in reality care about it.

That's all I have to say. I really like this game... but if Katauri interactive kills this game I don't think I'll get into another game made by the company again.

GG Enya, KiraQuest, and other moderators.

Touche or not touche

To say or not to say

Living through this pointless craze

Till the dusk of my last day

A signature

At the very last dredging tides

At the end of the guns and fires

That'll be my time

To speak

And my voice

Will be just one line

#2 Godsu (Elgore)

Godsu (Elgore)

Heartless

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • LocationKarnaca

Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:57 AM

i think we already went over why the game is dying

" A true hunter never rests "

LqchOiW.png  

#3 Celesfernal (Elgore)

Celesfernal (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:00 PM

Now I am going over why the game is dead.

i think we already went over why the game is dying

Touche or not touche

To say or not to say

Living through this pointless craze

Till the dusk of my last day

A signature

At the very last dredging tides

At the end of the guns and fires

That'll be my time

To speak

And my voice

Will be just one line

#4 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Locationin the confines of the mental universe

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:18 PM

This will not be the last post related to this server and its difficulties to arrange new games and certainly this was not the first. The p2win system of this game is important for it to continue online, but p2win systems end the game in the long run.
 The system of this game is totally abusive even for players who pay, this game is according to their "luck", however, players who pay for sure will be stronger but not more capable.
 The game implemented a good way to get items that help improve the equipment and all this according to your effort and luck.
 Because this game is also quite p2win, it can present many barriers to players who do not use the same coin in which the game receives. I think you made the wrong criticism, we need something to amnter the server online, but what do we need so that everyone can have a chance to donate money to the game with the same conditions as everyone?

Os lábios da sabedoria estão fechados, exceto aos ouvidos do entendimento.

When you dream alone, it 's just a dream. When we dream together is the beginning of reality.

#5 Ragedrop (Elgore)

Ragedrop (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:22 AM

Once again people ask for "native currency purchuases" which wont solve a single thing whatsoever.

100 usd = 87,96 € = 375,019 BR Real

What difference does it make if it says 100 usd or 88 euro or 375 br real to you? NONE

Just because they adjust the "currency" used does not mean the PRICE of the REALS changes WHATSOEVER.

What you are probably wishing for is "100 BR Real for 4200 reals" - thats not "Native currency" thats a massive decrease in prices.

The ONLY fee you safe by using a "native currency service" is the conversion fee those outside providers charge (Paypal 0.3% or so, most credit cards around the same) which wont make a lick of difference in what you yourself have to pay.

Hate to tell you boys but thats not how it works...

• DarksKiss (Elgore) likes this

We are Legion - Forged in Fire

Bathed in Blood - Encased in Iron

Rise and Conquer - Fight for Honor

Find Peace in Death - Onto Valhalla

Lay me to rest - I'll die with Honor 

#6 EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationIn the gay bath house.

Posted 22 January 2019 - 02:09 AM

The one thing you NEED to do, is to get rid of that system completely, completely relaunch royal quest, maybe reward the old players that paid, but right now you  literally don't have anything to lose....

That's something I can stand behind, actually I wouldn't even mind if they deleted this server and made a new one so I would have to start from lvl 1, at least some way to get things fresh.

At this point I just play RQ for the memes.

#7 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 22 January 2019 - 03:33 AM

Why would we relaunch the game? That would completely kill off the remaining server. The p2w players would riot and so would the free to play players. Many players spent years building up their gear and farming the cards. Why toss that away? I don't think so. Not many who actually worked for it would appreciate that.

As mentioned above changing the currency will not make a difference. Not a population
change that is.

The USD is more valuable than the Brazilian Currency.

The biggest reales pack(4200 reales) cost $100 USD. $100 USD is equal to 375.51 Brazilian Real. (current exchange rate) Essentially, You are paying the same price regardless of currency. Slightly higher of course because of the conversions however that fractional cost difference and will not make or break a players decision to buy reales in the game.

If you are a pennies pincher and like to save as much as you can then it's very unfortunate but it's the cost of doing business with foreign game companies.

I don't know if you guys want 100 Brazilian Real to equal the 4200 reales pack or what. That would he silly and the RQ team knows that. That would be a huge financial loss. Everyone would just convert to the cheaper Brazilian currency and buy the reales that way. 100 Brazilian Real would equal just under $27 USD. Buying 4200 reales for $27 rather than $100 USD for 4200 reales sounds a lot better... Everyone would do that instantly.

A side note. The USD is also more valuable than the Russian Ruble. $180 USD can buy 11,800 reales on the RU server. (That's converting the USD to the Russian Rubles)
That's a way better deal than I get here... $200 only gets me 8400 reals here. So I'm paying more for less.... good stuff RQ.

Now the players who use/have Euros are laughing at all of us. They have a even better deal and conversion then USD players..

The server is highly inactive for other reasons.

FYI. My guild has about 30 active players logging in frequently throughout the day. Not playing all day of course. No one does that anymore. Most just farm and do the dungeon runs while socializing. Then log off to do better things. There is no reason for anyone here to play long periods of time since PvP is dead. Hence why we are rarely seen. Also it only takes a couple of hours to complete all of the dailies in the game..(the ones worth the gold of course) After that most just log off. Nothing to do once daily quest are done and PvP is non existant.

Castle nights we have 12+ on average attend. But no one fights anymore. Gotta love the free castle loot. Lmao.
Change the PvP gameplay and more players would become active and play for longer periods of time.

#8 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2159 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:01 AM

I think they don't want 100 BRL = 4200 pack, but something smaller than 370+. Before the price on Arc used to be 250 BRL  = 3k reales and there was a lot of BRs buying reales. And sven is right, there's no difference in 100 usd = 87,96 € = 375,019 BR Real, but get the number of active BR players in game and check how many buy reales. What's is better ? having 5 people paying 375 or more than that paying 250?. This works to any other "weak" currency out there. But i don't think that THIS would solve the server issues whatsoever, there's a lot more stuff  out there, reales price is just one of them.

• Reikkan (Elgore) likes this
First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#9 EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:34 AM

sigh, all these currencies sound amazing, but with my "ZŁ" I'm pretty much in the worst position to buy anything heh

#10 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2159 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:45 AM

1 BRL = 1 zloty so it's the same as brs. But again, this is isn't the main issue imo there are other problems with more attention needed: PvP content itself (arenas, bgs, castles, wars), Character progression and others.

First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#11 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationAlcatraZ

Posted 22 January 2019 - 02:33 PM

I've made a topic to discuss this. I don't think p2w is really bad. I've played games that weren't p2w and they ceased activities due to no profit. 

You should check my topic to think a bit more about this question.

If you need a support for tanking anything, you still aren't able to tank it. 

#12 EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:58 AM

1 BRL = 1 zloty

yeah the currency value may be the same, but trust me, for average PL player these prices come off as much more expensive.

#13 Kiseki-nosedai (Elgore)

Kiseki-nosedai (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Locationbeside you

Posted 27 February 2019 - 10:30 PM

FYI. My guild has about 30 active players logging in frequently throughout the day. Not playing all day of course. No one does that anymore. Most just farm and do the dungeon runs while socializing. Then log off to do better things. There is no reason for anyone here to play long periods of time since PvP is dead. Hence why we are rarely seen. Also it only takes a couple of hours to complete all of the dailies in the game..(the ones worth the gold of course) After that most just log off. Nothing to do once daily quest are done and PvP is non existant.

Castle nights we have 12+ on average attend. But no one fights anymore. Gotta love the free castle loot. Lmao.
Change the PvP gameplay and more players would become active and play for longer periods of time.

yeah darkskiss is right,

For me, I think atleast 3 castle for each guild can add a additional excitement to the players.

We are farming hard to test the gears and skills in duels? No, maybe not a skill, i hope you guys understand me 

>.<

#14 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Locationin the confines of the mental universe

Posted 28 February 2019 - 12:10 AM

I think the problem is not how many castles a guild can steal, but how many players and guilds to take part in it; since guilds need castles to kill Boss Guild.
  We know that our server has been on the verge of extinction for over 3 years, but nothing has been done to change the situation.
  I think that, instead of the Castle event, there might be other events that might help with the good old loot, since a castle is not enough for a guild to feed.

Os lábios da sabedoria estão fechados, exceto aos ouvidos do entendimento.

When you dream alone, it 's just a dream. When we dream together is the beginning of reality.

#15 Kiseki-nosedai (Elgore)

Kiseki-nosedai (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Locationbeside you

Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:14 AM

I think that, instead of the Castle event, there might be other events that might help with the good old loot, since a castle is not enough for a guild to feed.

yeah you are right, 

hoping to solve these problems :(

>.<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users