• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Takepain (Elgore)

Takepain (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:13 PM

Alright, I’m going to be the guy who says this. Dexterity is not useless to some classes. Why you ask? Simple, I gone 76 strength, 68 dexterity, 8  and 18 luck. This is with attribute points in use. Now with my gear, I had 95 strength, 100 dexterity 16 stamina and 21 luck. Now let’s put the stats into effect for my thief level 39 by using, two swords.

Here’s an example:

You have 1 dexterity point. Your attack speed is trash right now. Using a skill is awful, how are you going to kill a stone eater when, you take four seconds to even cast two skills.  Sure you got 8-9k health till you notice, they dropped you below 5k and you only dealt 4k health to the monster. You killed the monster but, it still took a lot of health off you. Sure I can campfire, and go another round but, the way the battle plays it still takes forever.  Hitting them with my swords sure will not help unless, I got a 4% attack speed on one of my weapons. Either way, hitting them with the swords is not going to be an option.

Here’s another example:

You have 100 dexterity. Same monster but, you have 3k health. Your health is low but, you are swing like a mad man in hopes, you can kill it. Yes the lack of stamina is hurtful, but the skills are now casting almost instant for skills.  You easily can breeze killing the stone eater but, you don’t want fight it again. Over the fact you now have 1.8k health unless you stun and auto hit.

Without going all hardcore gear upgrading it’s pretty much your choice, in what you want. More dexterity for swing speed or more stamina health and energy. Eitherway theres a pro and con to everything.

#2 Razzista (Elgore)

Razzista (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:45 AM

I'm not one to tell ANYONE how to play. I believe all builds and all stat variations are viable, built correctly. In fact, dexterity is my highest stat. I also know on-hit thief builds can be dirty. That being said, that low of stamina sounds ridiculously painful. From everything I've heard, experimented with, read on Russian forums/guides, and asked Blitzenz (someone I consider one of the better/best thieves on the server, even though he's leveling slowly and practically given up), stamina is your best stat. Arguably better than strength, even at lower levels, primarily due to "Sip Of Booze"(?) and Camp Fire. Thieves to me, in theory, sound like stealth tanks. Obviously they can/are meant to be built offensively, more so than the warrior class at least, but nonetheless are still the "tanky" stealth class.

Also, at 39, I would argue that it is far too early for you to be going for dexterity or luck. Strength is very strong at lower levels, but falls off a little end-game. You're still at the level where strength is still very strong and should likely be maxed.

*All this is coming from a Sniper, who is very much in favor of the dexterity stat. By no means am I saying you're wrong, to each their own, that stat build just sounds really painful.

Alas, to each their own.

Perhaps, if you haven't, you could look at my Sniper guide in the Archer/Sniper forums. Obviously our classes are different and most of the guide won't do you any good, however the "Statistics" section still applies to almost any class, especially/at least Hunters and Thieves, as our stat and build capabilities are very similar.

I heard Snowpea burp on Skype.

Quite possibly one of the hottest things I've heard in my life.

VBjXkYf.jpg

#3 Razzista (Elgore)

Razzista (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:52 AM

There's an imaginary tank stat called "effective health" that's affected (+/-) by all mitigation stats (armor, resists, flee, hp). I agree that health is worthless past the point of you needing it for most classes or in most situations. If your effective health is high enough to survive a stun burst in PvP or a difficult mob or several mobs or boss in PvE, there is no reason to continue stacking it. This stat is only valuable for classes with minimal self-heals or if their self heals are attack-based. Your heals are max-hp based. Meaning the more health, the better. (Granted you're still very right, it doesn't matter how long you live if others are killing mobs 10x faster than you ie. Diablo 3 at launch where everyone was a tank versus Diablo 3 now :P, poor example if you didn't play, amazing example if you did). Keep in mind you have a total of I believe 236 stat points to play with. Find what works for you, but keep in mind, especially if you intend to PvP, that thieves are the class that Stamina is actually strongest for.

I heard Snowpea burp on Skype.

Quite possibly one of the hottest things I've heard in my life.

VBjXkYf.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users