• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Ŧatics (Elgore)

Ŧatics (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 07:09 AM

Good, I'm here today to talk about the server situation. and I realize that the game has only fallen in recent times and I think it was because of the changes of the game in the pvp system and I wanted to show these images because I played in 2013 and it was always a very good game but I never understood why to take the aggressor rank of the scene and change it totally to something totally different from what it was supposed to be because to get elenium to stay in ranking is not very attractive but very tedious because no one on the Russian server enters a pvp site to fight (I am playing on the enigma server) so I wanted you to pay attention to the quality of this game because that was one of the best RPGs please do not let the server die

steam data :https://steamcharts.com/app/295550

Attached Files

Edited by Ŧatics (Elgore), 05 April 2019 - 07:10 AM.

#2 Morŧred (Elgore)

Morŧred (Elgore)

The Master Thief

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationBurgas, Bulgaria

Posted 05 April 2019 - 10:09 AM

... you do realize that a lot of people play Royal Quest outside of Steam, right? We've got a lot of topics on forums regarding the steam version not launching, being kicked mid-game, not loading in between maps(I had that error and I still do whenever I try to reinstall the Steam ver.), supposably worse connections etc. Also it's April, mid February - end of August tend to be dead months for the game, it's been that way for years. Sure Sky Fair and the Alice in Otherland will bring some more players for a little while but it won't really change anything until they announce something big such as new maps, class/talent/attributes reworks/new events/bosses/items etc which they tend to hype from the start of the Summer until they release it at the end of the Summer. It's just a cycle that the game goes through every single year.

And as for the future of Royal Quest ... whatever happens happens.

Those who try to shorten it's lifespan may prolong it and those who try to extend it may cause it end, it is the community of the game that truly shines bright over everything else and when you realize and you can form that same community outside of the game, then what else can Royal Quest offer?

PS. I don't really plan to keep posting on this topic so take it for what it's worth and not to heart.

Edited by Morŧred (Elgore), 05 April 2019 - 03:24 PM.

• Talestra (Elgore), Ragedrop (Elgore), Reikkan (Elgore) and 3 others like this

#3 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationAlcatraZ

Posted 05 April 2019 - 11:22 AM

When you realize and you can form that same community outside of the game, then what else can Royal Quest offer?

Slow clap.

• Ragedrop (Elgore), Ŧatics (Elgore) and EdgyDalmaska (Elgore) like this

If you need a support for tanking anything, you still aren't able to tank it. 

#4 Ŧatics (Elgore)

Ŧatics (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 11:05 PM

I'm not criticizing the game, I'm just showing the facts.

#5 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Locationin the confines of the mental universe

Posted 06 April 2019 - 05:48 AM

Whatever happens, the server will remain dead. We want a guarantee that if the server dies - it's already dead - we'll have our characters transferred to another server, rather than years of gaming being played down the drain. We can not guarantee this, and the server administrators do nothing to comfort us. However, this server has some good but mostly bad times.
  We have a false growth when there are expansion updates and when the monotony returns to the game - for lack of pvp, because there is always what to do in pve, but most of the server is lazy and complains a lot - the mask falls, revealing then the few players who continue to play.
  What else I saw in this game were new players complaining about wars against stronger alliances; they complain of not letting them conquer the coffers of the boss and the elites. I see that they want free competition to play and feel good about themselves; it is the Brazilians, of course, because they are mostly idiots. They complain of not having a free castle and sometimes some idiot asks me for a free castle, free of competition to feed themselves and thrive. But "guilt" belongs to the community, right? because we do not give our beggars gold, we do not leave the rags with a castle and we leave no bosses and elites free of competition - although no one else kills the elites, because it is absurd for the server with zero population.

Edited by Ðarknight (Elgore), 06 April 2019 - 05:49 AM.

• Ŧatics (Elgore) and EdgyDalmaska (Elgore) like this

Os lábios da sabedoria estão fechados, exceto aos ouvidos do entendimento.

When you dream alone, it 's just a dream. When we dream together is the beginning of reality.

#6 Ŧatics (Elgore)

Ŧatics (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 10:04 AM

Zoldyck I do not know if the translation is correct but I'm not talking about the castles system but rather the basement's, castle and irrelevant if I want to I get a castle with 3 people + 7, which I'm trying to show here and that I simply care with the game and wanted to see it as it was before in 2014 with more than 1.4k of players playing and my argument for it to have fallen to 200,100 and that this happened due to the changes in the ranking aggressor that was not charitable but rather Fun

Edited by Ŧatics (Elgore), 06 April 2019 - 10:07 AM.

#7 Ðarknight (Elgore)

Ðarknight (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Locationin the confines of the mental universe

Posted 06 April 2019 - 12:06 PM

This game has not lost players because of a stupid ranking. That does not encompass the whole game.

Os lábios da sabedoria estão fechados, exceto aos ouvidos do entendimento.

When you dream alone, it 's just a dream. When we dream together is the beginning of reality.

#8 Ŧatics (Elgore)

Ŧatics (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 12:08 PM

when you start to play for say that?

#9 Ŧatics (Elgore)

Ŧatics (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 12:18 PM

this mode of ranking is not stupid on the contrary and a ranking that shows who among the players is the best the only problem and that it was worth for all levels so it was much easier to win ranking low lvl but I have seen many people lvl 60 top 1 and it was not stupid it was fun and you started playing well after that time so you have no arguments to say such a thing.

#10 DarksKiss (Elgore)

DarksKiss (Elgore)

Taco Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • LocationForest of Shadows (far west of Varlone)

Posted 06 April 2019 - 03:00 PM

The removal of the Aggressor Rank and other similar Reward Systems did not directly influence the population decline of this game and server.

In Fact, Those Rankings had very little value aside from the rewards offered. Players would feed each other and increase their own rankings in order to win the rewards. Essentially, Most players were exploiting the system for rewards. That is why Royal Quest eventually removed the rewards all together.

Those little Rankings did not accurately reflect someone's skill or strength. Nor did those rankings drive the vast majority of players to play. Boosters and feeders had the top ranks.. It's utter garbage to claim that alone made many quit.

@Tactics, The Rankings may have motivated you to play. The same can not be said about
everyone else. The past thousands of players did not play for or quit for the Rankings...

I have never in my life seen or heard of someone quitting the game because the Rankings were removed... That's not the reason people quit...

The very old Aggressor Ranking was bad anyways. Several early players took advantage of everyone being new/noobs and out right slaughtered everyone. Be it, in guild wars, towers, or other PvP zones. The noobs got slaughtered by more experienced and geared players..

Who was it again? Sword of tatics was top of the old Aggressor. Something like that. He quickly became irrelevant to the server once the very old Rankings were removed.

Not to mention the equipped players camping the low level towers killing noobs. Imo because they can not handle fighting max level players or players with equal gear. I personally considered it noobs picking on noobs. Noobs can't win PvP against 60 players (back in the day when we had pvp) so they make low level characters to kill the new players. Venting on weaker opponents as they say.

To sum up everything above. The Rankings didn't do shit to help or decrease the vast population.

Take a good loot at the game and the fourms. That will clearly show what caused the game to decline...

One reason alone did not kill the game. Many reasons combined killed the game.

IDK.. maybe the LACK of a confident and reliable Administration and Development Team. They still do nothing to calm our nerves.

Bugs that have not been fixed in months. Some bugs have been around for years. ..

PvP content has been the same since release.
Arena, BG, the towers, and other game modes have not been updated or improved since launch.

Castles got fucked sideways. PvP in castles has never been the same since RQ screwed that up....It's a free loot system now.

Classes spent the past 6 years trying to decide if they are Immortal or DPS gods..

The classes literally took turns playing god every class patch.. The inconsistency was pathetic and outrageous.

Themleads can't take a proper shit without killing 10 people..ffs

Nothing but years of class rework embarrassment.

Shall I get started on the money grab system?? Nothing but loot boxes and gambling addictions. Poor improvement system and lack of gear variety.

Want to achieve anything in decent time?

Open your bank accounts to RQ then. If not, spend the next 3 years farming daily and living on castle loot to fund basic needs. Premium, Bag space, basic +9 gear, ect ect.

Oh and for all the free to play players. Pray someone sells reales so you can buy them with the 300mil gold in your bag that can't be used on anything else. ..As I mentioned before item improvements mainly come from castle chest or players that buy off the premium store and sell on the market...

The list of issues and poor gameplay goes on and on... I could write a book of changes and improvements that players not just me wanted longer than every line of code this game has..

All of those issues combined ultimately led to the servers decline. Many new players quickly realized this game is just a cash grab. It takes months and years to get "caught up" without spending any money.

Not many new players stick around. This game is not new player friendly. Sure new quest and PvE content make leveling easy. But!!! Leveling is not the core issue.. The fact that very few things are available for new and free to play players is a huge issue.

This game says give me money or life will be slow and miserable here.. That alone drives thousands of players away from the game. Notice how most never get past level 40...

At that point and level players realize. Bag space is too small. Can't carry enough items. Premium is expensive. (f2p players) The quest don't give enough gold to buy improvements and other premium store items. Once again the game wants you to buy reales as a new player... That without a doubt makes most quit. It's not a good sign when making money drives 99% of the game..

Don't forget the players who quit because well equipped alt characters were slaughtering the noobs day after day in the towers. Ruining the PvP and leveling experience for many.

The big picture clearly exposes the issues.

I can guarantee you if players had other methods to get good gear PvP would thrive. Not just from castle loot and reales. But other ways to get it. Not free loot ofc but farming for a decent amount of time yields stones and other item improvements.

The buying reales methods limits most players from getting good gear. Good gear would allow many new players to compete in PvP. Admittedly, no one wants to fight a 100% loosing battle. A few +8 guys going against full +11 players gets them killed...

There is a huge power gap between the weak and strong. If more players were strong PvP would take an interesting turn.

All that ranting done. The server has many issues that need to be addressed. Sadly, my review of RQ was pretty accurate. It's easier to milk this server dry. Then shut it down.

They don't have to merge us or even fix the game. It's easier and CHEAPER to shut us down after milking the remaining players of money. No need to fix the game or keep more players actively playing.

Our CM doesn't even respond to much. Better Yet, making any attempt to reassure this server we are not shutting down in a few months. She makes a post about maintenance and post premium store deals. Then bye bye.

The moment this server cost more money to operate than the money we bring in will be the day we get shutdown. I don't even think they will inform us. We will simply wake up and be unable to log in. While finding the website offline.

#Nothing more than a bonus paycheck.

Someone prove me wrong.

Edited by DarksKiss (Elgore), 06 April 2019 - 03:08 PM.

• Ragedrop (Elgore), Reikkan (Elgore), Ŧatics (Elgore) and 1 other like this

#11 Reikkan (Elgore)

Reikkan (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationAlcatraZ

Posted 06 April 2019 - 03:20 PM

The buying reales methods limits most players from getting good gear. Good gear would allow many new players to compete in PvP. Admittedly, no one wants to fight a 100% loosing battle. A few +8 guys going against full +11 players gets them killed...

"BuT tHaT's ThEiR fAuLt FoR nOt PuTtiNg EfFoRt In ThE gAmE" - The strong ones who are already bored of bashing on weaker people

To the rest of your post: *Claps*

• EdgyDalmaska (Elgore) likes this

If you need a support for tanking anything, you still aren't able to tank it. 

#12 Godsu (Elgore)

Godsu (Elgore)

Heartless

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationKarnaca

Posted 06 April 2019 - 05:10 PM

if im not wrong, it takes a few shillings to run this server from what ive seen/read, so even if new players spend a little bit it will keep it up

(not 100% sure, but it really does only take scraps to run our server)

" A true hunter never rests "

LqchOiW.png  

#13 Solsagan (Elgore)

Solsagan (Elgore)

Warden of Aura

• Moderators
  • 2174 posts
  • LocationYour heart

Posted 06 April 2019 - 06:44 PM

Not to be rude or something, but you're just wasting your time.
  • Ragedrop (Elgore) likes this
First of his name, Lord commander of Revolt, King in the north, Warden of Aura, Protector of the realm.
- List of Elites and Bosses
- Solsagan's assassin build.
- Lastfm Profile
- Spotify Profile

#14 Ŧatics (Elgore)

Ŧatics (Elgore)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:02 PM

The removal of the Aggressor Rank and other similar Reward Systems did not directly influence the population decline of this game and server.

In Fact, Those Rankings had very little value aside from the rewards offered. Players would feed each other and increase their own rankings in order to win the rewards. Essentially, Most players were exploiting the system for rewards. That is why Royal Quest eventually removed the rewards all together.

Those little Rankings did not accurately reflect someone's skill or strength. Nor did those rankings drive the vast majority of players to play. Boosters and feeders had the top ranks.. It's utter garbage to claim that alone made many quit.

@Tactics, The Rankings may have motivated you to play. The same can not be said about
everyone else. The past thousands of players did not play for or quit for the Rankings...

I have never in my life seen or heard of someone quitting the game because the Rankings were removed... That's not the reason people quit...

The very old Aggressor Ranking was bad anyways. Several early players took advantage of everyone being new/noobs and out right slaughtered everyone. Be it, in guild wars, towers, or other PvP zones. The noobs got slaughtered by more experienced and geared players..

Who was it again? Sword of tatics was top of the old Aggressor. Something like that. He quickly became irrelevant to the server once the very old Rankings were removed.

Not to mention the equipped players camping the low level towers killing noobs. Imo because they can not handle fighting max level players or players with equal gear. I personally considered it noobs picking on noobs. Noobs can't win PvP against 60 players (back in the day when we had pvp) so they make low level characters to kill the new players. Venting on weaker opponents as they say.

To sum up everything above. The Rankings didn't do shit to help or decrease the vast population.

Take a good loot at the game and the fourms. That will clearly show what caused the game to decline...

One reason alone did not kill the game. Many reasons combined killed the game.

IDK.. maybe the LACK of a confident and reliable Administration and Development Team. They still do nothing to calm our nerves.

Bugs that have not been fixed in months. Some bugs have been around for years. ..

PvP content has been the same since release.
Arena, BG, the towers, and other game modes have not been updated or improved since launch.

Castles got fucked sideways. PvP in castles has never been the same since RQ screwed that up....It's a free loot system now.

Classes spent the past 6 years trying to decide if they are Immortal or DPS gods..

The classes literally took turns playing god every class patch.. The inconsistency was pathetic and outrageous.

Themleads can't take a proper shit without killing 10 people..ffs

Nothing but years of class rework embarrassment.

Shall I get started on the money grab system?? Nothing but loot boxes and gambling addictions. Poor improvement system and lack of gear variety.

Want to achieve anything in decent time?

Open your bank accounts to RQ then. If not, spend the next 3 years farming daily and living on castle loot to fund basic needs. Premium, Bag space, basic +9 gear, ect ect.

Oh and for all the free to play players. Pray someone sells reales so you can buy them with the 300mil gold in your bag that can't be used on anything else. ..As I mentioned before item improvements mainly come from castle chest or players that buy off the premium store and sell on the market...

The list of issues and poor gameplay goes on and on... I could write a book of changes and improvements that players not just me wanted longer than every line of code this game has..

All of those issues combined ultimately led to the servers decline. Many new players quickly realized this game is just a cash grab. It takes months and years to get "caught up" without spending any money.

Not many new players stick around. This game is not new player friendly. Sure new quest and PvE content make leveling easy. But!!! Leveling is not the core issue.. The fact that very few things are available for new and free to play players is a huge issue.

This game says give me money or life will be slow and miserable here.. That alone drives thousands of players away from the game. Notice how most never get past level 40...

At that point and level players realize. Bag space is too small. Can't carry enough items. Premium is expensive. (f2p players) The quest don't give enough gold to buy improvements and other premium store items. Once again the game wants you to buy reales as a new player... That without a doubt makes most quit. It's not a good sign when making money drives 99% of the game..

Don't forget the players who quit because well equipped alt characters were slaughtering the noobs day after day in the towers. Ruining the PvP and leveling experience for many.

The big picture clearly exposes the issues.

I can guarantee you if players had other methods to get good gear PvP would thrive. Not just from castle loot and reales. But other ways to get it. Not free loot ofc but farming for a decent amount of time yields stones and other item improvements.

There is a huge power gap between the weak and strong. If more players were strong PvP would take an interesting turn.

All that ranting done. The server has many issues that need to be addressed. Sadly, my review of RQ was pretty accurate. It's easier to milk this server dry. Then shut it down.

They don't have to merge us or even fix the game. It's easier and CHEAPER to shut us down after milking the remaining players of money. No need to fix the game or keep more players actively playing.

Our CM doesn't even respond to much. Better Yet, making any attempt to reassure this server we are not shutting down in a few months. She makes a post about maintenance and post premium store deals. Then bye bye.

The moment this server cost more money to operate than the money we bring in will be the day we get shutdown. I don't even think they will inform us. We will simply wake up and be unable to log in. While finding the website offline.

#Nothing more than a bonus paycheck.

Someone prove me wrong.

I can agree that the ranking system was NOT THE reason and everything you said about the p2w system is certainly true because I already saw vaaarios games (one of them path of exile) that does not interfere with anything you put money in the game, the experience of game and the same for free players (or like black desert which only changes the pets etc ...)

On the pvp system in general I would think it cool the castles are as before because I know why this has changed, it was not based on our server but in the Russian server because they had several guilds with strong people and tried to balance making each guild had its castle but I found it somewhat flawed you can create another guild and win without doing anything, this killed the system of siege, battlegrouds and arenas always been what they were, I think if they made a system similar to the aggressor but better with an intelligent algorithm to be able to understand the general classification of each one or a simple system of POWER that measures its POWER based on its s equipment based on the classes, this would be interesting because it would bring a certain competitiveness, and I know what you can think of people p2w but we can not do anything with this, if the Russian server has 4 5 pages of reales in the market they will not even read what we are discussing and trying to improve the game now kkkkk

I did not come here to fight I'm here to try to get the attention of the administrators and look at how the Russian server changes affect the other servers and its main American server, finally I wanted to comment on the system premium of the game, could improve it by the price that it is worth because it does not do mutas things and costs WELL expensive (it's just my opinion) Thanks for the information darks.

#15 EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

EdgyDalmaska (Elgore)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationHaha, no.

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:59 AM

Everything said above is right, but putting issues aside, have anyone noticed that Earth in Royal Quest is flat?

• Reikkan (Elgore) likes this

The harder you try - the more you lose.

So work yourself dry - and drink more booze.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users